Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 474973 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: usa vs jam
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:04 AM »
Jamaica played a very good game.  Intelligent, tough, took the chance that they got.  For a squad of youths they really have a lot to be proud about.

I honestly believe that the Jamaican public will start calling for a youth man to replace Ricketts now.  He look rickety in the goal in truth.

Rickettes had an off day today, he is normally very solid in the back for us. He's allowed to have his off days...in games like these. that freak goal he allwoed the USA to score was teh difefrence between winning and tieing.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2006, 04:15:19 AM »
Dem Americans will be back home in time for 4th July.....

I can see it
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 12, 2006, 05:02:39 AM »
Stewpsssss

Go on JA forum and see if dey bigging us up for neting   alyuh on this caribbea brother scene  and bigging up JA for dis and dat while on their forum is pure hate for us

get ya head out ya asses and relaize dat JA is not TnT and that JA hates TnT football

U frget dey wanted 2 host Bahrain for a week..... U forget dat everytime we play dem injuries occur and u see an extra passion from them wen dey play us...cuz dey hate us...hate.......

forget unity for once   dis isnt love for another country  ........ u think english people are glad fuh a scotland resuly

or a brazil for an argentina   or even a USA for a Canada result??

this is our el classico .... and if u are a true fan ... not a one love have no idea about passion stupid ass supporter well fine  back JA and glorify them
but realise dey dont glorify us

so in advance for ne ass on d forum... i.e waggonist.... f**k off with any comments

As a little youth, I always marvel at the amount of hatered you have piling up in your little system. I mean, I can underrstand your youthful exhuberence, and your passion for football....but you take it to another level. All teh best to T&T in the world cup...and remeber that Leonson Lewis is one of my all time favorite local player. I concider him local because he played for my club team in Jamaica when I was your age......

drop the hate little man.
shes ah woman ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 12, 2006, 06:32:39 AM »
Dem Americans will be back home in time for 4th July.....

I can see it

Its amazing how we go from a stage where everybody was singing the Americans priases after clobbering I think Denmark or Norway 6-0, to people now predicting an early return hoem for them afetr losing to Germany, and tieing Jamaica.

For us here in CONCACAF, we should really be hoping all 4 representatives make it to the second round at least....that way we are guaranteed to keep our 3.5 spots next time round.

I wouldnt write off the USA just yet....Who would have poredicted them beating Portugal at the last finals?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 12, 2006, 06:52:10 AM »
Carib Brighton if i is a woman ur Wife hadda be a Lesbian den  :o

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 12, 2006, 07:27:22 AM »

As a little youth, I always marvel at the amount of hatered you have piling up in your little system. I mean, I can underrstand your youthful exhuberence, and your passion for football....but you take it to another level. All teh best to T&T in the world cup...and remeber that Leonson Lewis is one of my all time favorite local player. I concider him local because he played for my club team in Jamaica when I was your age......

The only difference between Small Magician and you RF is diplomacy. (go on and use Leonson Lewis as your alibi..blah blah blah................ you do not support T&T football, and we all know it, so shut it.....at least he is not a hypocrite)

On a football note, good job Jamaica......regardless of the fact that it was a very weakened US team (it was an understrength JA team too), there is alot that we in Trini could learn from Jamaica's performance yesterday: two of things that stood out based on the portion of the match that I saw were:

1. speed in attack
2. physical presence (even if dirty at times) all over the field.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:58:51 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 12, 2006, 07:40:46 AM »

The only difference between Small Magician and you RF is diplomacy. (go on and use Leonson Lewis as your alibi..blah blah blah................ you do not support T&T football, and we all know it, so shut it.....at least he is not a hypocrite)

On a football note, good job Jamaica......regardless of the fact that it was a very weakened US team, there is alot that we in Trini could learn from Jamaica's performance yesterday: two of things that stood out based on the portion of the match that I saw were:

1. speed in attack

They also showed their strength in winning air balls...they have some big men in de defence dey

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 12, 2006, 08:25:03 AM »
lehme ask some forumites here some questions ? How much Jamaicans and other islanders, ppl meet regular, regular, to know none in supporting we...bet many here only meet bout 2 in life and anudder 100 on the Internet, and allyuh dun know everything allyuh ever want to know to judge and hate the ppl.... Go ahead, big up allyuh Brazilian, Argentinian, favorite African (pick yuh country on the continent), yuh besstest Spanish team , dem know really know yuh and love yuh too !

my answer, due to my circumstance and where I live, i do know more people from more Caribbean islands than I know Trinidadians, just like I know more Quebecers, than ppl from the Caribbean....As a matter of fact, when I was selling ATO T-shirts here for his Olympic campaign, 5 Trinis bought, about 10 from different and the rest (majority, don't remember exact - O30) was purchased by Fench ppl in my Office, just to support what they percieved to be a poor small Islander...
anyways, Judge, and Lambase who allyuh want, that is yuh perogative, buh doh geh upset, when yuh treated in kind...doh come bawlin bout So & So doh like black ppl, and SO & So doh like dread, and So & SO doh like artiste, and Diss one an Dah one doh like we.....do so never really did like so.....so say wha

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 12, 2006, 08:30:32 AM »

On a football note, good job Jamaica......regardless of the fact that it was a very weakened US team (it was an understrength JA team too), there is alot that we in Trini could learn from Jamaica's performance yesterday: two of things that stood out based on the portion of the match that I saw were:

1. speed in attack

According to you, I do not support T&T football....Do I have to? NO! Again, I post on the T&T message board on a regular basis.....moreso than I do for any team that is not Jamaica.....

naturally I'll take more interest in T&T football more than any other in CONCACAF. I'm not trying to win friends here....get that in yuh head.

Lewis and Latapy have been to my front porch in the past....I know them men personally, I have seen them in supermarkets, and I used to watch them every sunday in Jamaica at PMU. Micheal Rosales and Irasto Knights too.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 12, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »

1. speed in attack

According to you, I do not support T&T football....Do I have to? NO! Again, I post on the T&T message board on a regular basis.....moreso than I do for any team that is not Jamaica.....

naturally I'll take more interest in T&T football more than any other in CONCACAF. I'm not trying to win friends here....get that in yuh head.

Lewis and Latapy have been to my front porch in the past....I know them men personally, I have seen them in supermarkets, and I used to watch them every sunday in Jamaica at PMU. Micheal Rosales and Irasto Knights too.

I not asking you to suport T&T, or to be a friend...........and I don't care if you used to polish Latapy's boots or serve him curry goat and bananas either......and I'm not going down that road again with you and wasting energy.......You played the hypocritical peace-maker, politician, fake, one-Caribbean-love nonesense with Small Mag (who was just callin it as he sees it)......... and I called you out on it, and then complimented Jamaica on a good performance last night ...plain and simple......now let's get back to talking football.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:43:36 AM by kicker »

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 12, 2006, 08:54:47 AM »
USA look like they go get good wood in D WC

TrinInfinite

« Reply #551 on: April 12, 2006, 08:55:41 AM »
people 4getting trinidad are the CARIBBEAN CHAMPIONS, who win more regional titles than we, come nah man, we football was way more advanced than JA football from time, man talking about lil 7 years or the past 8 years, whappen to 30 years now, schupssssss.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 12, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »

1. speed in attack

I not asking you to suport T&T, or to be a friend...........and I don't care if you used to polish Latapy's boots or serve him curry goat and bananas either......and I'm not going down that road again with you and wasting energy.......You played the hypocritical peace-maker, politician, fake, one-Caribbean-love nonesense with Small Mag (who was just callin it as he sees it)......... and I called you out on it, and then complimented Jamaica on a good performance last night ...plain and simple......now let's get back to talking football.

I see you are angry with me today. Why is that so? Many here dont have a problem with me being here sometimes...but other times, Its like yuh all want ban meh  ;D. anyway Kicker, whats up man? It would be an honmor for me back in tehday to clean Latapy's boots and serve him curry goat and bananas. no Joke.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 12, 2006, 09:22:40 AM »
people 4getting trinidad are the CARIBBEAN CHAMPIONS, who win more regional titles than we, come nah man, we football was way more advanced than JA football from time, man talking about lil 7 years or the past 8 years, whappen to 30 years now, schupssssss.

Honestly TI....30 years means nothing. One year is a long time in football...By your argument, Uruguay is the best team in world football. The past is the past...we only care about the  present and the future. And sadly, we are not the Caribbean Champions...we barely came 3rd in the Digicel Cup. We are however going to the WC...and I would not trade that for any amount of Caribbean Championships ;D ;D

Respek to JA last night. Nice play. I was hoping for JA to pip in the end...T&T hadda watch out for them JA youths coming up...but doh frighten fellas...dem is the same JA youths that T&T Under 23 salt in Olympic Qualifying in 2004 in Mexico.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 12, 2006, 09:26:41 AM »

I see you are angry with me today. Why is that so? Many here dont have a problem with me being here sometimes...but other times, Its like yuh all want ban meh  ;D. anyway Kicker, whats up man? It would be an honmor for me back in tehday to clean Latapy's boots and serve him curry goat and bananas. no Joke.

not angry boss....just standin' up for smallz. He and Big Mac iz meh Santa Cruz people from way back........and he was just talkin' his mind...

The curry goat and bananas was just a joke
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:31:53 AM by kicker »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 12, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »

not angry boss....just standin' up for smallz. He and Big Mac iz meh Santa Cruz people from way back........and he was just talkin' his mind...

The curry goat and bananas was just a joke
curry goat and banana is good food boy.with a lil hot pepper. :drool:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 12, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
When it come to T&T vs JA I will fight them down but other than that I have some bredren up here who from JA and we all realize it have life outside the Caribbean. Them men real help me adjust freshman year when Trinis was moving left. Some Jakan's on the other hand is trini haters.

Give Jack his Jacket.I find JA back four look decent. They had some good outlet balls out the back and they were very composed on the ball. I would like to see how a PFL side would have did against that side.

JA's team did what we don't do, they capitalized on their opportunity.
Usually we are the ones who incur the early goal off lapses.

Men talking bout hard tackle. All yuh remember a man called Elcock? What bout Rougier? Had a time when blade was the main course in the back. We used to take it to teams. Our current back 4 either doh have the athleticism or they probably a little more composed and doh need to make these desperate tackles.  I think however that a few blade early on does make the opponent think differently. If Cyd did put some blade on Medford yuh think he woulda get baptize how he did? We have to make men respect us. Let them know we doh stand for no $h!t.

I hope same blade pass against England so we could see how they handle it.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

truetrini

Simpson says Reggaeboyz better dan Soca Warriors..but....
« Reply #557 on: July 09, 2006, 12:03:23 PM »
Simpson supports move to employ high-profile coach

Simpson supports move to employ high-profile coach
published: Sunday | July 9, 2006

Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

Simpson: Get Erickson or whoever, but there has to be improvement all round. - File

FORMER REGGAE Boy Fitzroy Simpson is in full support of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) hiring a high-profile coach to take charge of the national programme and more specifically the national football team.

"Right now we are flat on our faces. People are saying that we are not worthy and it would be a good thing to get a high-profile coach to be in charge of the programme. That person could get sponsorship, generate interest and breathe new life into the programme," Simpson told The Sunday Gleaner on Friday.

The 36-year-old World Cup veteran was adding his bit to the discussion which has been on the lips of supporters of the Jamaican football team since news broke on Wednesday in the British press that the JFF was preparing to approach former England coach Sven-Goran Erickson with big money to resuscitate the local programme.

Others named as possible candidates for the job include Jamaica-born former England international John Barnes, Carlos Alberto Parreira (Brazil), Jurgen Klinsmann (Germany) and former England manager Glenn Hoddle.

Jamaica's football, already on a low following the team's failure to qualify for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, took a further battering following dismal displays in 4-1 and 6-0 losses to Ghana and England respectively on May 29 and June 3. It is with this view in mind that Simpson, an England born and raised Jamaican, and one of the first England-born Jamaicans to cement himself in the national team, called for a high-profile coach.

"Those games in England were supposed to be an advertisement of what we could do, but now we are the laughing stock of the world," he said.

"I cried tears after the England game. It was an embar****ment beyond belief and we really killed ourselves. You can't even open your mouth now and say you are proud to be Jamaican. It is as if we don't exist. We cannot even hold an argument with a Trinidadian now," said Simpson of the depressing situation facing Jamaicans in England.

Like many Jamaicans, Simpson considered the Reggae Boyz a superior outfit to Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors and to watch the rivals' courageous display against England was like sticking a knife into an old wound.

HEART BLEEDS

"It was really hurtful to watch the World Cup game between England and Trinidad and Tobago. They played against an even better England team and only got 2-0. They can go on a world tour right now and where are we? They probably would not even want to entertain us with a game right now, and that is a crying shame. It makes my heart bleed," said Simpson, who won the hearts of supporters with his passionate displays in the colours of Jamaica.

For the JFF to snare a coach such as Erickson, or any of the others mentioned, the JFF will have to transform itself, according to the former midfield battler.

"I say to them get Erickson or whoever, but there has to be improvement all round. How can we interest a sponsor such as Nike with what now obtains. I have heard the names of John Barnes, Glenn Hoddle, Luis Felipe Scolari mentioned and these are all A-list coaches. You have to have A-list facilities and A-list communication. It will not work if everything is not up to par, and I want it to work."

What would also make the proposed partnership of the JFF and a high-profile international coach successful would be an able Jamaican assistant and Simpson, who previously offered himself for the job as national coach, is again presenting his credentials.

INSTILLING NATIONAL PRIDE

"All the people mentioned do not understand what they are getting into and I am not crazy enough to think that I could be the head coach right now, because I could not generate the kind of funds and interest they can, but I can play a part. In terms of instilling national pride, which will be one of the first things they will have to do, no one is better than me," said Simpson who owns a real estate business in La Manga, Spain and still plays and coaches part-time in the Conference in England.

He added: "I am qualified through certification with a UEFA B licence. My position is unique in that I played a part in us getting to the highest point we have reached so far and that is the World Cup. I have also played at the professional level for close to two decades, I am also a leader, I have the respect of the players both those at home and abroad. They respect me as a person and they respect my achievement. I have been there and done it."

"I am not begging for the job, but I can work in conjunction with any of them to rebuild this programme," Simpson said.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Simpson says Reggaeboyz better dan Soca Warriors..but....
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »
Like many Jamaicans, Simpson considered the Reggae Boyz a superior outfit to Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors

he can consider all he wants 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 09, 2006, 01:01:15 PM »
but aye aye what wrong with Simpson,he probable live in England too long.... he ain't know Trini always had de better ballers,more skilful and entertaining.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 09, 2006, 01:15:23 PM »
On a football field, Jamaica are MUCH better than Trinidad and Tobago...........at starting fights; at losing their cool; at showing NO behaviour; at showing no class in defeat.  I guess Simpson is entitled to his opinion, but I am amazed that he would BEGIN to open his mouth talkin' that kinda s&#t when jamaica didn't even make it to the Last group of six to qualify for the WC.  HA! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 09, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This man jokey oui....

Dem up North does jes axe man down......no kindah football atall...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 01:17:59 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #562 on: July 09, 2006, 01:50:03 PM »
Ah really starting to get worried about some of these J'cans yes.

De bitterness and tabanca dey going through is most worrying indeed.

Ah just hope nobody get suicidal.

But what if we qualfiy for the next WC and they don't....Lord help dem ;)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

truetrini

« Reply #563 on: July 09, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »
its his feelings!  Maybe he is justified since Jamaica cut we arse so much in de past 10-12years!

What we have to do is build on the momentum we now have and keep striving, cut out de pettiness and make sure we qualifying at all levels for major competitions and dat includes the women's game!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #564 on: July 09, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
The thing is when we used to tell the J'cans our team was better (in the past), they used to say that doesn't matter, history will judged the winners of the game. And that the wC was what mattered.

Well history will judge that they have continously lost in the last three years and that it is TT that went to the WC.

But now dey catching ass, dey eh want to talk history - dey want to bleat on about who better. And try to dilute our accomplishments by saying the group was weak etc.

Oh well I guess is only Trinis day have "bad mind."  :-\

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 09, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »
All Jamaican should shut dem ass. When dem went nuff respect. So just shut up and do the business on the field

truetrini

« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
I care not about emotions!  facts is hard cold facts.  Telling dem wew have a better team and when we meet head tuh head..we get we arse cut!

We went to teh WC, finally and we proud, it hurting dem, but which trini eh feel hurt when dem went before we?

See dat!

the man trying tuh get ah wuk, he talking what he feel, and wht go put him in a good light.

So whats the big deal?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 09, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »
haha    well done.... hear that passion...thge man say he heart bleeding

I hope all of you forumites on this f**kING CARIBBEAN UNITY BROTHERHOOD SHIT!.... take an example that it doesnt exist when it comes to FOOTBALL

well said yuh yardie... buh f**k you for that comment that allyuh bigger dan us

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2006, 05:48:33 PM »
All Jamaican should shut dem ass. When dem went nuff respect. So just shut up and do the business on the field

Jamaica has been doing the business on the filed vs T&T for the past 15 or so years. I cant recall rinidad having back to back win vs a Jamaica team at any level during teh past dozen years.  Simpson's opinion seems right on cue...he perhaps have never played a game vs T&T where T&T were better than Jamaica.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 09, 2006, 05:51:32 PM »
It was Simpson
D Funeral Agency Man
Wit a Coffin in he hand
SIMPSON
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>