Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 475161 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Simpson says Reggaeboyz better dan Soca Warriors..but....
« Reply #600 on: July 10, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »
A real follower of TNT soca will know that jamaica aldo they had some victories in the past they were always our food the only team that gave TNT trouble on a consistant basics was Surinam and since the dutch national team started reaping their stars Surinam football has struggled so let simpson talk he is aduitioning for a coaching job

AMEN and AMEN
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 10, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »
This is not differenct from what T&T fans were saying in 1998 when Jamaica was playing in the World Cup. We know that we were better but our cousins were in the World Cup.

I think the only was to put this argument to rest is to have both teams qualify for the world cup.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 10, 2006, 08:21:37 PM »
As far as I know, we went to de big dance.  Dem bow out in de Concacaf semis and start making excuses.  I doh care how much licks we get in de past...allyuh fools eh realize dat we is not de same jokey. disorganized, poorly selected, unfit, coach deprived team prior to Beenie dat was lacking big game experience.  To me big game exposure is what defines a team.  It will be some time before both countries meet with full strength squads.  We won't be de same minus Latas, Andrews, Yorke and Shaka and I doh think Birchall coming till next qualification. Talking bout St. Kitts was ages ago and we were not at full strength.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:23:09 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #603 on: July 10, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »
By better, Simpson most likely means he thinks they had the potential to have done better......why is it so difficult to see why he might think so ? Potential is very abstract and subject to opinion. Jamaica currently has players of equal, and some would say better talent than us (ah know men about to jump up and buss up their mouth about Latapy & Yorke... get over it....ah talkin' about the entire 11)

The whole talk of who beat whom and when is also a waste. TT is correct though, in the last 10-15 years Jamaica has been better than us. When JA qualified for the WC, I am sure that everyone in T&T believed that at that point, we had the potential to do better than they did........because at that point, we arguably had players of equal or better talent, Jamaica had only just began to take over in Caribbean football, and we were kinda bitter about that...

Is it really that difficult to put yourselves in someone else's shoes and empathize, or is it just more fun to soil yuh draws unnecessarily ?.........I guess without the latter the forum would barely exist......so cheers  :beermug:

Well Said Kicker.......

But Serious People at the end of the day JA and TT fans want d same thing, for there teams to do well...But we must be careful and stop dis nasty bitchin and peltin deragatory statements and stop using the excuse dat is jus a rivalry like Real vs Barca, or USA vs MEX, or ARG vs BRA....Rivalry is good for any team to remain competitve and develop, but we have to know when to draw d line...bcuz it have some Jack asses who wud take it too far...and dats how blood does spill at games between fans....In d words of Bob..Leh we Keep One Love and whether we battle on d Forum or on the Field lets always remember to have respect for one another as Caribbean brothers and Sisters....We must remember there are 3 W. Cup spots for CONCACAF, wouldn't it be great for both TT and JA to grab a spot each...Imagine what that would do for regional integration......Ah know people mus be sayin a gone mad (take a spot away from MEX and USA) but WHY NOT??? IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING...Ah mean Brazil and Argentina are rivals in COMNEBOL but they still both make it to the finals and represent for South America....Lets be bigger than that...We could be a model for the world and show that despite our Rivalry on the field our fans can still support each others achievement (which we have done to some extent...Trinis and Jamaicans have both supported each others W. Cup campaigns)...U go never see and Argentnian fan in Brazillian colours... :beermug: :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

truetrini

« Reply #604 on: July 10, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »
wyas bombing for peace and f**king for virginity.

Dat real high boss.

Go tuh de head ah de class with dat one dey!

And Che, my point about Simpson's statements can be echoed in T&T also.

We get 5 from Guatemala, beat by wales etc. Dem eh in de WC.

But is all in the supporters mind.

Yuh cyar get vex with de man fuh what he saying especially since everytime we play dem in WC qualifying dey cut we arse!

Now jes like Simpson said, is organization and coaching.

Compare we under Bertille and den Under Beenie and de man saying de same ting about he team as we does be saying about we team!

TrueTrini I agree that we have had a hard time with them over the last couple of years. but unless I am mistaken it seems to me that Homer is saying that at this moment in time they are better than we are.
I can understand if he said that before the hex, but as he himself said, organization and coaching is the key.That is what we got when Don Leo came on board.

yes he is saying that!  So what?  And is not the last couple of years fella..is about 15 years now we struggling against dem.  And dey supporters more rabid dan we own, dem does sell out dey stadium all de time!

De man is ah Jamaican, he eh ah trini of course he go feel dat T&T is inferior...ask any trini if Jamaica better dan jamaica...dey should say YES!

De man says dat he ehart bleeds becasue T&T put up a courageous display againsy England ( a better english team dan jamaica faced) and dat we can get a world tour, and Jamaica is ah laffing stock!

Me eh see what he say dat so bad?  And dey really beat we up in all meaningful matches fuh years now....!

We have tuh beat dem in ah head tuh head.  we need tuh develop we players..de younger ones and keep de momentum going....Yorke and Latas done....who filling de gaps?

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 11, 2006, 01:19:23 AM »
I just find it funny that apparently the national team coaches job is to "get sponsorship, generate interest and breathe new life into the programme".

I thought that was the Jamiacan FA's job?

As for the current argument a few points:
  • We need to put the world cup behind us and focus on the future because I can easily see us sliding back into the morass that our football has been the last few years.
  • I can't speak for most Jamaicans because I don't know most of the Jamaicans and I doubt that anyone here can (and does) either.
  • Everyone's opinion is correct even if they're full of sh!t!

Have fun flaming each other.

truetrini

« Reply #606 on: July 11, 2006, 07:44:12 AM »
I just find it funny that apparently the national team coaches job is to "get sponsorship, generate interest and breathe new life into the programme".

I thought that was the Jamiacan FA's job?

As for the current argument a few points:
  • We need to put the world cup behind us and focus on the future because I can easily see us sliding back into the morass that our football has been the last few years.
  • I can't speak for most Jamaicans because I don't know most of the Jamaicans and I doubt that anyone here can (and does) either.
  • Everyone's opinion is correct even if they're full of sh!t!

Have fun flaming each other.

Exactly all dr Jamaican ahte doh do nutten.  We have momentum, we need to keep it goi ng or we right back tuh square one.  Man here have short memories.  Like dey already forget is Camps, and Jack we dealing with.

Offline Swede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica players in Swede league
« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »
The new restart of Swedish Premier league has now 3 Jamaica player. Yesterday Henrik Larsson former Barcelona player is back in Swedish premier league team Helsingborgs IF, that is the team he left 14 years ago. But the big comeback match with full packed stadium was not to be a win debu for Larsson.

The big strong Kenyan midfielder Robert Mambo Mumba (Scouted and transferd to Sweden by my self) stole the show. He headed hard in the bar in first half and on the rebound Berggren score 0-1 for BK Häcken, 1-1 was later coming served and assisted by Jamaica striker Luton Shelton that now play attacking midfield behind Henrik Larsson. Luton Shelton was very very close to score with a beautiful header.

Robert Mambo Mumba was later destroyed Larssons ewening by rocket hard head the ball in the net to 1-2 for BK Häcken. Later on he assisted the 1-3 goal and was the man of the match.

Regards from Sweden.

Robert Mambo Mumba I belive scored a nice header against T&T in a friendly match in Kenya 2-3 years ago? or?

Another Swedish premier league match same day was Jamaica striker Teafore Bennett making his debute for bottom team Öster IF and he was wind fast in the attack on the very few good passes he got, very close to score.

Khari Stephenson the tall Jamaica midfielder that play for GAIS scored on a free kick today, a real Beckam free kick. He was dominating the midfield in first half but in the second got tired.

Hope to see some T&T players soon in Sweden.

Khari Stephenson   http://www.svenskfotboll.se/t3allpl.aspx?playerid=4565&p=287489

Teofore Bennet    http://www.osterfotboll.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=419&Itemid=186&lang=

Luton Shelton    http://www.hif.se/Lagen/A_lag/truppen/luton_shelton

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica players in Swede league
« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »
Perfect timing. I brought a big bag of apathy today
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #609 on: July 18, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »
:rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »

Dat was uncalled for  :rotfl:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 18, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
LMAO :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 18, 2006, 03:19:03 PM »
 :rotfl:
Swede.. you need to post that in the Reggae boyz forum...Is best yuh post about the Saudi Arabia players playing in Belgium.... :rotfl:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 18, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »
Swede is marketing the league as a another  option and steppingstone for our players instead of just focusing  on going to England. As a matter of fact it opens the door to other leagues in Europe if our player perform real good there. But people here must  feel real good when noray went to Lebanon and say their league is play lower but has more opportunity.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2006, 03:36:45 PM »
We apathetic now but Swede doing us a favour here...

How many of us does really care to go on the Reggaeboyz forum? How many of us does keep up to date with de Swedish league?

Jamaica in our continental zone and thus will always be opponents, both in minor tournaments and major games - such as World Cup qualifiers.

These players Swede mention will most likely be in de JA squad for the next few years. At least we gettin a little insight into de prospective opponents and will thus have some meaningful dicussions on de forum as to how our own players can play against these 3 from JA, who, despite our apathy, look like dey playing good.

So instead of saying "boy 4k Jamaica" and "hush yuh ass RF" and leaving it as that, we now could at least know somethin about dey players and have a sensible and opinionated discussion prior to - and after - de next TRI vs JAM game.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 18, 2006, 04:04:59 PM »

How many of us does really care to go on the Reggaeboyz forum? How many of us does keep up to date with de Swedish league?

Jamaica in our continental zone and thus will always be opponents, both in minor tournaments and major games - such as World Cup qualifiers.

These players Swede mention will most likely be in de JA squad for the next few years. At least we gettin a little insight into de prospective opponents and will thus have some meaningful dicussions on de forum as to how our own players can play against these 3 from JA, who, despite our apathy, look like dey playing good.

So instead of saying "boy 4k Jamaica" and "hush yuh ass RF" and leaving it as that, we now could at least know somethin about dey players and have a sensible and opinionated discussion prior to - and after - de next TRI vs JAM game.

sometimes I wonder what it is that makes so many of the posters on this message board so trigger happy whenever they see the words JAMAICA on teh screen. Seems many here are messed up mentality by some sort of sick complex. not sure what it is. Trininifinite and Big/small magician are teh ones who seem to suffer more from this "desease".

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 18, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »

sometimes I wonder what it is that makes so many of the posters on this message board so trigger happy whenever they see the words JAMAICA on teh screen. Seems many here are messed up mentality by some sort of sick complex. not sure what it is. Trininifinite and Big/small magician are teh ones who seem to suffer more from this "desease".

When it comes to FOOTBALL, many here doh want to have nuttin to do with JA. How does that benefit T&T?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 18, 2006, 04:31:03 PM »

Oh I dunno, it may have something to do with your passive agressive 'smiling with fangs' type posts

Your tireless pursuit in getting us to "agree" that jamaica is the far superior team past , present and future

Your begrudging acknowledgement of the soca warriors: whilst worldwide press swirled with accolades and plaudits.. Your continued insistence that it really had nothing to do with the players at all but merely a foreign coach

Whilst we watched the soca warriors play with heart and conviction,,apparently you only saw leo beenhakker at all 11 positions, slide tackling, marking , positioning and defending

Moreover,your bull headed persistence in subliminally inserting the word 'Jamaica' in every football thread under the guise of "healthy carribbean rivalry"

So call it a nervous tick or a knee jerk reaction if you will. I'm quite happy with my affliction thank you

I have some extra apathy in my bag, I would be happy to share some with you.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 18, 2006, 05:13:06 PM »

Aye, allyuh fellas heartless boy!

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 18, 2006, 06:56:41 PM »

Oh I dunno, it may have something to do with your passive agressive 'smiling with fangs' type posts

Your tireless pursuit in getting us to "agree" that jamaica is the far superior team past , present and future

Your begrudging acknowledgement of the soca warriors: whilst worldwide press swirled with accolades and plaudits.. Your continued insistence that it really had nothing to do with the players at all but merely a foreign coach

Whilst we watched the soca warriors play with heart and conviction,,apparently you only saw leo beenhakker at all 11 positions, slide tackling, marking , positioning and defending

Moreover,your bull headed persistence in subliminally inserting the word 'Jamaica' in every football thread under the guise of "healthy carribbean rivalry"

So call it a nervous tick or a knee jerk reaction if you will. I'm quite happy with my affliction thank you

I have some extra apathy in my bag, I would be happy to share some with you.

Dutty, lets engage in debate for a minute. Regardless of how you want to call it, Trinidad's success at the world cup was due mainly to the very strict defensive game that the coach employed. I am not saying its solely attributed to the coaches tactics, but a huge part of te success had to do with the T&T team NOT playing its natural game...the attacking game, with more emphahsis on attack than on defence. That style would have guaranteed a blow out in all games...

The coach saw that and put an end to the "calypso football".

Costa Rica went to the finals trying to out score its opponents. take a look at the results they got in the finals.

and by the way, I have been posting on T&T message boards long before T&T made the finals....and will be posting here long after you dissappear in a couple years
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:59:15 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 18, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »

O

Dutty, lets engage in debate for a minute. Regardless of how you want to call it, Trinidad's success at the world cup was due mainly to the very strict defensive game that the coach employed. I am not saying its solely attributed to the coaches tactics, but a huge part of te success had to do with the T&T team NOT playing its natural game...the attacking game, with more emphahsis on attack than on defence. That style would have guaranteed a blow out in all games...

Costa Rica went to the finals trying to out score its opponents. take a look at the results they got in the finals.

and by the way, I have been posting on T&T message boards long before T&T made the finals....and will be posting here long after you dissappear in a couple years

You seem to have gone off on some halluccinating tangent....try to focus

Your question was about peoples reaction to 'Jamaica'....although its nice to see you mention another country other than 'jamaica',,,, speaking about costa rica had nothing to do with the topic

Now, if you would closely examine your previous posts, your opinion always ENDS  with "because of the european coach" it is your mantra

are we still focused?? good...stay with me now

at no point did I mention you should stop posting. I actually rather enjoy your sad attempts at attention seeking for your country

by all means long after I'm gone,,, keep muttering like a crazy old man about' jamaica'

I'll still be happy to share my apathy with you.,,I will even break a piece of my aloofness to give you as well..you see how generous we Trinis are

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 18, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »
I'm trying to understand which part along the way..... TT Vs Jamaica became the biggest rivalry in World Football  ???
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 18, 2006, 11:54:06 PM »
The new restart of Swedish Premier league has now 3 Jamaica player. Yesterday Henrik Larsson former Barcelona player is back in Swedish premier league team Helsingborgs IF, that is the team he left 14 years ago. But the big comeback match with full packed stadium was not to be a win debu for Larsson.

The big strong Kenyan midfielder Robert Mambo Mumba (Scouted and transferd to Sweden by my self) stole the show. He headed hard in the bar in first half and on the rebound Berggren score 0-1 for BK Häcken, 1-1 was later coming served and assisted by Jamaica striker Luton Shelton that now play attacking midfield behind Henrik Larsson. Luton Shelton was very very close to score with a beautiful header.

Robert Mambo Mumba was later destroyed Larssons ewening by rocket hard head the ball in the net to 1-2 for BK Häcken. Later on he assisted the 1-3 goal and was the man of the match.

Regards from Sweden.

Robert Mambo Mumba I belive scored a nice header against T&T in a friendly match in Kenya 2-3 years ago? or?

Another Swedish premier league match same day was Jamaica striker Teafore Bennett making his debute for bottom team Öster IF and he was wind fast in the attack on the very few good passes he got, very close to score.

Khari Stephenson the tall Jamaica midfielder that play for GAIS scored on a free kick today, a real Beckam free kick. He was dominating the midfield in first half but in the second got tired.

Hope to see some T&T players soon in Sweden.

Khari Stephenson   http://www.svenskfotboll.se/t3allpl.aspx?playerid=4565&p=287489

Teofore Bennet    http://www.osterfotboll.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=419&Itemid=186&lang=

Luton Shelton    http://www.hif.se/Lagen/A_lag/truppen/luton_shelton

Thanks for the info Swede.

I too hope to see T&T players soon in Sweden. 

The girls not half bad either...Got a good "friend" from Sweden she sweet :chilling:

Allyuh fellas is something else yes...this ent the first time Swede post something informative and people basically got ah good laugh.

Yuh info always welcome Swede...and if yuh plan on scouting in T&T give some advance notice and take some girls with yuh :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #623 on: July 18, 2006, 11:57:51 PM »

O

Your question was about peoples reaction to 'Jamaica'....although its nice to see you mention another country other than 'jamaica',,,, speaking about costa rica had nothing to do with the topic

Now, if you would closely examine your previous posts, your opinion always ENDS  with "because of the european coach" it is your mantra

at no point did I mention you should stop posting. I actually rather enjoy your sad attempts at attention seeking for your country

by all means long after I'm gone,,, keep muttering like a crazy old man about' jamaica'

I'll still be happy to share my apathy with you.,,I will even break a piece of my aloofness to give you as well..you see how generous we Trinis are

Dutty yuh put him down hard boy... ill agree fully that he is obviously gobbling down some ucalyptus leaves...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »

[/
quote]

l

F..k you RF......When yuh in de RBZ forum and man talkin we down ah doh see nuttin from you. All yuh go type one time is, 'You should go over to the Soca Warriors site and see how dey doh like we '.

Yuh know what. When man fu.kin up de Northerners leave  an doh have nuttin to say in here because is a pro TNT site. If a man doh want ah weekly update on Northerners on we site so wa. Go back over dey (RBZ) and hold yuh koko.

Hold it dong !
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:03:18 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »
Gentlemen,
Why can't we also just get along :devil: We accept TI passion for the Soca Warriors, but want to kill RF for his towards his boys. Is it because our Northern neighbors have had our # for years? When we begin to defeat JA consistently only then we could talk 'bout  better.

As regards OUR performance in the WC, we all know that Beenie focused on defense - why do we admit it to ourselves, but dog RF when he say it? You mean to say we dislike them people so much.

I for one am not interested in the concept of BETTER, I am a fan of the game, for the good of the game, my interest is in witnessing quality football regardless of who's playing JA or T&T, or whoever.  If you call yourself a football fanatic - you too would not be interested in idea of better. By continuing along this line, you are saying to me that you are only fans of T&T football - nothing wrong with that, but it's clear from his post that RF is a fan of his country's play and quality football, simply because he can find it in his self to acknowledge our quality play during the WC, and whenever we perform well. I for one admire his objectiveness. Start cussing :devil: :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 19, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »

O

You seem to be in teh mood for an arguement. Lets stick to discussing football...thats all I'm interested in.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »
It might be my dyslexia...but I could have sworn you typed "lets engage in debate for a minute" I thought I did...evidently my response to you is not debate

ok, which footballing country would you care to discuss?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 19, 2006, 11:51:50 AM »
It might be my dyslexia...but I could have sworn you typed "lets engage in debate for a minute" I thought I did...evidently my response to you is not debate

ok, which footballing country would you care to discuss?

:rotfl: ez  dutty

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »
so if a naturalized trini yardie was to get a soca warriors call up or a trini decide to play for jamaica, how allyuh will feel bout that?

1]; } ?>