Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 475827 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Canada vs Jamaica game (19-Nov-2008).
« Reply #1830 on: November 20, 2008, 09:04:28 AM »
Jamaica does real choke boy, lord put a hand and help them rise from the ashes.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 20, 2008, 09:10:20 AM »
If d fart and he pardners were not like a buzin b dat u cyah get rid off I might ah b sorry plus if d shoe was on d other foot dey would not b sorry so Marlon said it best
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 20, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »
This has nothing to do wid Jamaica Choking. This is the situation. Jamaica and Trinidad always think dat a foreigner is better in coaching and this was there downfall for the second time. I remember when Clovis or what ever his name came into the picture there interim coach had just won a couple of games under his belt . They sack there coach and made clovis The main man causing Jamaica to loose out to Panama . same sittin happen this qualification. Whitmore Beat up Guatemala and elsalvador bad then Jamaica go bring fareign coach again. JFF f**ked up and now the players have to siddung home and watch. Taking nothing away from TNT , After the tie 2-2 in Kingston against a school boy Trinidad team and a lost to Grenada Simoes should have been Sacked . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hard Luck JA but you guys was your own down fall.. fareign is not always better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 thanks to clovis they loose out advance to the final hex by head to head

2010 thanks to simoes they loose out to advance to the final by means of Goal difference.
war ..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 20, 2008, 09:21:42 AM »
Don't worry Jamaica, you still have W.I. cricket! Gayle have all his boyz on that side... Too bad they can't seem to progress either.   :P

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 20, 2008, 09:31:48 AM »
Good riddance Jamaica :wavetowel: :rotfl:
That's true, but think carefully about T&T's chances in the HEX.
Jamaica played in the "Group of Death" and accumulated 10 points when several polls indicated that we would only get 0 or 4 points maximum and finish cellar-bottom of the group. Jamaica against full strength teams of Mexico and Honduras proved most of these polls wrong.

Now when the polls for the HEX are out most pollsters believe that Mexico and Honduras from the "Group of Death" are guaranteed 2 spots which leaves 1 and 1/2 spot to the other 4 teams. I, however, believe the automatic 3 & 1/2 spots for South Africa will be between the USA, Mexico, Honduras and Costa Rica. And if by chance El Salvador and T&T do get the 1/2 spot since I don't see either team getting any of the top 3 automatic spots. That will be the endgame for either team. However, this will be unlikely when they face the full strength teams of:

#1 USA  Coach Bradley will make adjustments for the loss in T&T.

#2 Mexico Sven will be fired and be replaced by a coach who will appease the Mexican public by going for victory    in every match of the HEX. I don't think an understrength team will ever be used in any of the matches.

# Honduras 1982 was their last World Cup. Need I say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Costa Rica. A team T&T has never beaten in a World Cup Qualifier.

So those are the 3 & 1/2 spots gone. And for T&T, from all indications playing the teams above. Well! ::) ::) ::)

Now what do you say?  

BYE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 20, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »
I feel Jamaica was hurt by the forced change in the schedule. It put a whole different psychological spin on the group. I know I'd feel hard done by if T&T had to play 3 away games in a row, to open up the semifinal rounds, potentially allowing our main rivals to build momentum, and confidence while forcing our boys into a premature 'must-win' situation. In fact..if that was the draw, I'd feel like we were being cheated behind the scenes.

In the end..the results may have been the same...but there is a reason you'll never see a draw where all of a team's first round games are on the road.

hard luck JA.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 20, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »
Y peeps including d TD say we play betta overseas. D problem wit JA was team selection
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 20, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
them yardies cyar ketch ah break,they win and they still lose. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1838 on: November 20, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDx_g9IFrfc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IDx_g9IFrfc</a>

I now seeing Jamaica highlights. That 2nd goal was world class.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:10:52 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 20, 2008, 09:57:14 AM »
Jamaica played in the "Group of Death" and accumulated 10 points when several polls indicated that we would only get 0 or 4 points maximum and finish cellar-bottom of the group. Jamaica against full strength teams of Mexico and Honduras proved most of these polls wrong.

Now when the polls for the HEX are out most pollsters believe that Mexico and Honduras from the "Group of Death" are guaranteed 2 spots which leaves 1 and 1/2 spot to the other 4 teams. I, however, believe the automatic 3 & 1/2 spots for South Africa will be between the USA, Mexico, Honduras and Costa Rica. And if by chance El Salvador and T&T do get the 1/2 spot since I don't see either team getting any of the top 3 automatic spots. That will be the endgame for either team. However, this will be unlikely when they face the full strength teams of:

#2 Mexico Sven will be fired and be replaced by a coach who will appease the Mexican public by going for victory    in every match of the HEX. I don't think an understrength team will ever be used in any of the matches.

So those are the 3 & 1/2 spots gone. And for T&T, from all indications playing the teams above. Well! ::) ::) ::)

Now what do you say?  

BYE
I say this to you and your Trini brethen above: "hold that thought until T&T has played the first 5 games in the HEX. Then I will see how quickly you will turn against the coach and say the same thing.

Yes! Jamaica is out of the senior World Cup but our Young U-20 Reggae Boyz will take the top spot away from Aruba and Antigua & Barbuda to qualify for the final round in T&T next year. That I am sure of.

The other thing I'm sure of is Jamaica will win the 2008 Digicel Cup Championship and qualify for the 2009 Gold Cup.

So hold that thought. 8)
jjbrown

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 20, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »
Y peeps including d TD say we play betta overseas. D problem wit JA was team selection

yeah...cyah argue wit dat. team selection looked like the main issue from the compaints of the JA posters and people here who more familiar with Jamaican ball than me. just adding an additional hypothesis. i think its safe to say we would ball highway robbery if we had to play the first 5 games of the Hex on the road (more extreme analogy..but similar situation). It can really change the flow of points and MIGHT psychologically boost some and hurt others. But like I say..it may not have changed a thing. And for all de talk about we play better overseas..this semifinal round of WC qualifying we still 'only' earned 4 points on the road compare to 7 at home..I think most teams tend to earn more points at home and the more points you can earn early the better.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 20, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
U suppose 2 get more pts at home

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 20, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »

yeah...cyah argue wit dat. team selection looked like the main issue from the compaints of the JA posters and people here who more familiar with Jamaican ball than me. just adding an additional hypothesis. i think its safe to say we would ball highway robbery if we had to play the first 5 games of the Hex on the road (more extreme analogy..but similar situation). It can really change the flow of points and MIGHT psychologically boost some and hurt others. But like I say..it may not have changed a thing. And for all de talk about we play better overseas..this semifinal round of WC qualifying we still 'only' earned 4 points on the road compare to 7 at home..I think most teams tend to earn more points at home and the more points you can earn early the better.

it is the hurricane that caused ja to play their second game away  they originally  had an away game first then a home then an away game....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 20, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
set ah shithongs...

GUESS WHOS BACK??

SEND MORE BRITZ  SEND MORE BRITZ ( SAID IN A BARNES LIKE VOICE)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 20, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »

it is the hurricane that caused ja to play their second game away  they originally  had an away game first then a home then an away game....

yep. i know..that's why in my first post I called it a 'forced' schedule change. i gave an example of 'what if that was the draw for T&T' to show how in any other circumstance, that kinda schedule would seem harsh

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: November 20, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
The ironic thing is the forced change in schedule actually helped us.  If not for the hurricane, Simoes would have used the same team that played in Canada and most likely would have lost at home -- so it was beter that his team went to Mexico and lose a game we would most likely lose (maybe by a smaller score line)  regardles of the team.  Other than poor team selection - poor finishing against Honduras and Mexico in Kingstong really did us in.  Cant really cry over spilled milk - while dissappointed, finishing with 10 points and losing out to Honduras and Mexico and fighting back like we did blunts the hurt a bit. 

As this is a T&T site - let me again say congrats T&T -- the region must be represeneted in the Hex and you are doing your part----again.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 20, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »

Now what do you say?  

BYE
I say this to you and your Trini brethen above: "hold that thought until T&T has played the first 5 games in the HEX. Then I will see how quickly you will turn against the coach and say the same thing.

Yes! Jamaica is out of the senior World Cup but our Young U-20 Reggae Boyz will take the top spot away from Aruba and Antigua & Barbuda to qualify for the final round in T&T next year. That I am sure of.

The other thing I'm sure of is Jamaica will win the 2008 Digicel Cup Championship and qualify for the 2009 Gold Cup.

So hold that thought. 8)

choooooooooooooooooops...when yuh cyah get de grapes yuh does say it sour...simple case...so he looking for the next best thing...yuh juss BUMPIN YUH GUM SOULJA!!! but then again nothing wrong with optimism...so wuh ah go tell yuh...keep dreaming! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 20, 2008, 12:56:15 PM »
I sure he said d same ting bout d under 17 team but dey appearin on VH1 where are dey now.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 20, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »
them yardies cyar ketch ah break,they win and they still lose. :devil:

ahahahaha :rotfl:

that sad eh...the irony...good one nevertheless :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 20, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »
I feel Jamaica was hurt by the forced change in the schedule. It put a whole different psychological spin on the group. I know I'd feel hard done by if T&T had to play 3 away games in a row, to open up the semifinal rounds, potentially allowing our main rivals to build momentum, and confidence while forcing our boys into a premature 'must-win' situation. In fact..if that was the draw, I'd feel like we were being cheated behind the scenes.

In the end..the results may have been the same...but there is a reason you'll never see a draw where all of a team's first round games are on the road.

hard luck JA.

Before the start of this round...you looked at that group as the group of death.

Look at the results jamaica got.

A tie against canada away in their first match - very good result

A thumping to mexico away - expected

A loss against Honduras away - also expected

A win against Mexico at home - very good result

A win against Honduras at home - very good result

A win against Canada at home - expected

In summary 3 home victories and 1 away draw.

I don't think Jamaica could REALISTICALLY have asked for any more.  People there emotionally blaming Simoes and he is a convenient scapegoat but IMO, the real reason Jamaica is out is because Honduras beat Canada at home.  That was not an expected result.

Mexico performed below expectations and still qualified

Honduras performed slightly above expectations and qualified

Jamaica performed about what was expected if slightly higher and just missed out

Canada were a nightmare.  Given their Gold Cup performance and their warm up matches, no objective football watcher would have thought they would be so abysmal.

Hard luck Jamaica.  I don't think you could have done any better and if that's the case yuh just have to give you yuh pips and say tough luck.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 20, 2008, 01:30:35 PM »
I now seeing Jamaica highlights. That 2nd goal was world class.

Actually, it wasn't a goal.  It hit de bar and came back out.  Wicked free kick doh.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:15 PM »
I sure he said d same ting bout d under 17 team but dey appearin on VH1 where are dey now.
If that is true about VH-1. Then Jamaica's Young U-20 Reggae Boyz already being mentioned in the final group of eight before they even play Aruba and Antigua & Barbuda should be even strange.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/qualifiers/index.html

Unless FIFA knows something we don't!!! ??? ??? ???
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 21, 2008, 06:53:09 AM »
SSSSSHHITTTTTHHOOOOOOONGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TV'S FOR SALE    WATCH DE HEX
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 21, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »
SSSSSHHITTTTTHHOOOOOOONGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TV'S FOR SALE    WATCH DE HEX
I finally understand why that word is so famous with you. That's the only diet that comes from the hog that you eat on a daily basis.

So here's what will happen in the HEX to T&T to make you sudden choke on that diet and start cursing properly: T&T will not win any of their 5 away games on the road. That's 12 or 15 points gone from an impossible 30 points since I don't see T&T beating El Salvador at their home. So with all those points gone another 10 or 12 will be taken away from T&T at home by the US, Mexico, Costa Rica and possibly Honduras. The El Salvador match may be the only possible victory for T&T.

Even if this possible scenario doesn't happen, which I doubt. Then the playoff spot with a South American powerhouse will be the end for T&T because the only style of play that would be adapted will be defensive.

This is the reality that T&T faces in the HEX. Not my words alone but polls worldwide that I agree with.

Now proceed cursing this Jamaican and chose to ignore worldwide opinion! 8)

jjbrown

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 21, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
Tabanca is a helluva ting!

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Grenada vs Jamaica in Caribbean final ...........
« Reply #1855 on: December 14, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »

Any updates would be appreciated.  Regardless of the final, congrats to Grenada for getting this far.

I know Grenada has a few English based players capped, but are any professional players on their current roster  ?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Grenada vs Jamaica in Caribbean final ...........
« Reply #1856 on: December 14, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »
Nothing against Jamaica, buh ah hope Grenada win with ah clean sheeeet, and Grenada score by like 33 goals, and all the players get ah hatrick each...notice is 33, that mean even de keeper getting ah hatrick! :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 14, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »
waaay. like we was in de Group of Death  :-\

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 14, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »
waaay. like we was in de Group of Death  :-\
of course we was in the group of death Filho ,yah eint see how many Corbeaux was circling . ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »
Fadder lawd...what ah final. :-[
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>