Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 488782 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another Anticipated Derby at the "Office"
« Reply #2310 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »
Burn the office down! Burn Burn Burn

Come on Soca Warriors! Do it for the fans..Do it for your coach...Do it for yourself

LET THEM SEE RED!!! SET KINGSTON ON FIREEEEEE  :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:52:00 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 10, 2010, 01:23:58 PM »
We go purge dem 1-0

Ah getting ah sneaky little feeling that we going and win this game!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 10, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »
If your enemy is superior in strength, evade him...if temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. Attack him when he is unprepared...appear when you are not expected. - Sun Tzu

2-1 T&T

Fack Jamaica football :devil:

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 10, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »
If your enemy is superior in strength, evade him...if temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. Attack him when he is unprepared...appear when you are not expected. - Sun Tzu

2-1 T&T

Fack Jamaica football :devil:
That seemed to have worked for the Reggae Boyz during the first leg 3-1 victory in POS when your team had a full supported stadium behind them. ;D
jjbrown

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 10, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »

Pardnuh.....The USA will always fill up the stands in Trinidad. So too Mexico. I guess it have something to do with the competition. These days, yuh right, people eh coming out to see the sport, but this is a relatively new phenomenon .

I am curious, what was the attendance for these two teams in T&T the last two cycle...an honest question, not trying to make a point... just want to see if you theory holds.

Me eh know...stadium was full.

According to this link, they weren't so pack - only 6,700 for both games - total.  I recall the complaining on this site about the lack of support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_Fourth_Round

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 10, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »
Rivalry is a two way thing.....My point exactly. Yuh cyar then say "like it or not"

So, you are saying the typical trini doesnt see Jamaica as their rival? Who is their biggest caribbean rival then? Guyana?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 10, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 10, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »
This is becoming like a bad case of diarrhea coming out of the mouths of Jamaica...... I mean it's just a friendly!!!!! It's not a semi, not a hex match not a WC qualifier, not a Caribbean Cup!!!!! simply a match for those who like to bray the loudest and so far the most of that is coming from that island.

Smash talk, and open exuberance of ethnocentrism........ Yuh want to be the best in the Caribbean Jamaica? ok yuh doing the right thing bring yuh top ace from the UK.....load up and  win all yuh friendlies, rest on yuh laurels and when time come for it to count , leh we see if yuh go deliver .

On the other hand if our players, coaches and management had any gumption or psychological ply, they would use all these clippings and post them up and come out blazing and put one f ..a..cking embarrassment in allyuh asses dat that go shut allyuh up fuh fac...king years to come.

But again allyuh doing the rightful thing smash  and kick ah team when they down and out. Right now TnT fighting tuh  even beat we U17 women's team so go Jamaica go on with allyuh bad self.

I always tell people....THIS IS A BIG, BIG, BIG, deal for Jamaicans. The "rivalry" is mostly in the minds of Jamaicans. I think Trinis in general view USA in that light, NOT Jamaica. Particularly the older Trini heads doh consider Jamaica competition, and tend to class them with the rest of the Caribbean, right or wrong.
The younger folks who only start paying attention to Trini ball from strike squad days seem to view it differently. In general, I doh think we take them seriously enough. And to be honest as a man who watching Trini ball from the late '70's, I don't either.

trinidad's biggest rivalry is the US, not jamaica. jamaica's biggest rivalry is us bc of the boasting factor they attach to it if they win.

our rivalries lie with mexico, US and costa rica not jamaica.
How can this be our rivals when the majority of the time we does get beat from them? I would like to say the rivalry is between the two best football playing caribbean teams, T&T and JA. The US might quicker look at Mexico as their rivals, not us.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2318 on: October 10, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
But again allyuh doing the rightful thing smash  and kick ah team when they down and out. Right now TnT fighting tuh  even beat we U17 women's team so go Jamaica go on with allyuh bad self.

AB Trini, I have never seen you this emotional. Hey man, dont allow the Jamaican media to get to your head, its in our nature to be like this. We are proud people who believe we are the best on the planet at everything we do. I agree, the typical Trini is very more docile in nature, but when you read sporting articles written by Jamaicans for the Jamaicans fans, you have to understand. its just a part of wh we are.

know your history
Like I said, whenever we play a friendly game, this is par for the course...same treatment, same exhuberance. Its part of the tactics that is used to get the fans out in their numbers.

docile?

which trinis are you talking about? the ones who started black power maybe? or maybe mr williams who was the founder of pan-africanism where marcus garvey took almost all his ideas? or maybe it was george padmore and clr james who were key in liberating the first african nations for independence?

would you like me to continue with these docile trinis you refer to?

you obviously haven't met the ones that beyond your counterparts yet, or maybe you have thats why you are being sarcastic.

dont mistake not caring about this rivalry for being docile.

if it was the US you would see a whole different tune sang by the same posters who really dont care.

So Garvey took Eric williams ideas and ran with it? What, Eric Williams didnt have the guts to put hiw own ideas into motion? talk about being docile.

and who exactly is Eric williams? It must be hard being  afan of T&T...seeing that you only support your team when they are playing the USA...I dont think the USA is even interested in playing T&T unless it absolutely has to...for instance during world cup qualifying.  when last the USA obliged and give you guys a friendly game?

know your afro-caribbean history before you step to me, " henry sylvester williams" not the doc stupid, your ignorance is clouding your vision.

garvey was now hitting puberty when henry was giving lectures throughout the caribbean on his idea of pan-africanism, the first conference was in 1900, know your history, if you dont stay quiet

heres some links and wikipedia is not 100% correct bc williams is the founder and is recognized worldwide for it, garvey took the existing ideas and wrote about it, henry never wrote a book bc he died at an early age, thats the only reason garvey is so popular, he should have thanked henry for all his work, a trini at that.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4O19ZbSgls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d4O19ZbSgls</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 11, 2010, 04:55:54 AM »
Jamaicans are passionate about sport in general. And this emotion is not only reserverd for when we are playing any particular nation, its the same when we play any international games. You are seeing it now because we are playing T&T for the first time in a long while. But overall, every game played in Kingston is normally well supported. I remeber when i was a teenager driving from St. thomas to Kingston at 11:00 am for a game that starts ay 5:00PM, and the stadium is normally half full by 1:00PM. go to Central America and they take it to a whole new level.

On the flip side, football on a whole in T&T is not well supported. I recall you guys playing a game which was the frst game you were playing in T&T on return hone from the world cup, and there were only 5000 spectators in the stadium. A typical game like that would have pulled at least 25K in Kingston. I wastch the champions league game on TV and I rarely see any type of atmosphere gong on in the stands...there is no real fan support for football in the caribbean on a whole.

Good post.  I love the passion of the Jamaican sports fans btw... there's a reason why every April they turn Philadelphia into Little Jamaica for a weekend.

Rivalry is a two way thing my brother (you cant claim riva;ry with a team whos fans not even acknowledge same). For you to say that the USA is your biggest rival is funny, very funny, because the typical supporter of US soccer will not even list T&T as one of the top five toughest opponents in CONCACAF.

Like it or not, your biggest international football rivalry is Jamaica...Its the "caribbean derby" each time both countries play. The USA's biggest rival in regional football is Mexico, followed by Costa Rica...

If the USA were to play a friendly game in POS tomorrow, you would probably habve 5000 fans show upp. so much for fan rivalry.

So I guess that means that Jamaica isn't our rival... since Trini fans don't consider there to be a rivalry, right?

I had to do a double take when I see the headline about this being a "derby".

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: October 11, 2010, 05:19:51 AM »
So I guess that means that Jamaica isn't our rival... since Trini fans don't consider there to be a rivalry, right?

I had to do a double take when I see the headline about this being a "derby".

Maybe 5% of teh posters on this board are living in denial, or are very poorly educated in football. It beats me how anyone here can claim that USA, Mexico, Costa Rica are T&Ts biggest regional rivals. I would like to know the criteria by which rivalry is claimed. For teh record, Jamaica has only one real rivarly in international football, that honor goes to : T&T. period.

The T&T coach, who has played in many many "caribbean derby" games in the past 20 years acknowledge the fact that Jamaica T&T have the biggest football rivalry in the caribbean...so you are not neccesarily talking for the entire T&T football fraternity.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 11, 2010, 05:23:38 AM »

know your afro-caribbean history before you step to me, " henry sylvester williams" not the doc stupid, your ignorance is clouding your vision.

Not really interested in Caribbean History (unless it relates to football), or not even anything related to the great Marcus Garvey himself. I dont know who edwin williams is, and I dont think I need to know. but you probably can oblige and gve me a one sentence recap of who this great man is, and why we are discussing him on this thread. Did he play football? Garvey didnt.

Thank you for the enlightenment anyway, now lets get back to football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 11, 2010, 05:50:14 AM »
Maybe 5% of teh posters on this board are living in denial, or are very poorly educated in football. It beats me how anyone here can claim that USA, Mexico, Costa Rica are T&Ts biggest regional rivals. I would like to know the criteria by which rivalry is claimed. For teh record, Jamaica has only one real rivarly in international football, that honor goes to : T&T. period.

The T&T coach, who has played in many many "caribbean derby" games in the past 20 years acknowledge the fact that Jamaica T&T have the biggest football rivalry in the caribbean...so you are not neccesarily talking for the entire T&T football fraternity.

Even if Latapy is correct that this is the biggest football rivalry in the caribbean... does that make it a rivalry?  Or does that just state how poor the situation is in caribbean football?  C'mon is de CFU we talking about here, not UEFA.

All this suggests is that the notion of a "rivalry" is subjective.  There is a natural rivalry between TnT and Jamaica, but that is more of a factor to Jamaicans than to Trinis.  I hate to stereotype, but indulge me for a minute... Jamaicans are naturally "facety" and so everything tends to be done with a bit of exuberance and gusto.  Trinis on the other hand are more understated and easygoing in their approach.  This is what you mischaracterized as us being "docile" earlier.

This is a double-edged sword though as it means we're too apathetic at times... it shows in our sports and in our politics, we don't support and appreciate our heros, and in other circumstances we put up with too much nonsense until it's way past time to act.  So while Jamaica has made many highly-visible contributions to the region and to the world, many Trinis (like me) feel that we've been making our own contributions in a quieter, less self-promoting way.  Again, this cuts both ways, but it is what it is.

The bottomline point I'm getting to is that for us the US is a more natural 'rival' because they are the target we're shooting for in almost everything.  Not that we're competing with America the country or consider ourselves their equals on the sporting field... and no disrespect to Jamaica, but we eh really concerned too much with "caribbean" rivalries when we see ourselves as being already at the head of the class.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:38 AM »

Even if Latapy is correct that this is the biggest football rivalry in the caribbean... does that make it a rivalry?  Or does that just state how poor the situation is in caribbean football?  C'mon is de CFU we talking about here, not UEFA.

All this suggests is that the notion of a "rivalry" is subjective.  There is a natural rivalry between TnT and Jamaica, but that is more of a factor to Jamaicans than to Trinis.  I hate to stereotype, but indulge me for a minute... Jamaicans are naturally "facety" and so everything tends to be done with a bit of exuberance and gusto.  Trinis on the other hand are more understated and easygoing in their approach.  This is what you mischaracterized as us being "docile" earlier.

This is a double-edged sword though as it means we're too apathetic at times... it shows in our sports and in our politics, we don't support and appreciate our heros, and in other circumstances we put up with too much nonsense until it's way past time to act.  So while Jamaica has made many highly-visible contributions to the region and to the world, many Trinis (like me) feel that we've been making our own contributions in a quieter, less self-promoting way.  Again, this cuts both ways, but it is what it is.

The bottomline point I'm getting to is that for us the US is a more natural 'rival' because they are the target we're shooting for in almost everything.  Not that we're competing with America the country or consider ourselves their equals on the sporting field... and no disrespect to Jamaica, but we eh really concerned too much with "caribbean" rivalries when we see ourselves as being already at the head of the class.
Considering the fact that the USA keeps trying to prove themselves to be the "superpower" of football too. For them most of their "rivalry" opponents come from CONMEBOL and UEFA with Mexico being the norm from CONCACAF.
Such is their arrogance also that the US belief of rivalry differs so much from T&T and the rest of the Caribbean. Again with Jamaica being the exception.
Ask any knowledgeable football American which Caribbean team they will rather not face.
Again it's a matter of perception: Size does matter is the belief of the big nations and with it easy victory every time.     
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: October 11, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »

Why then stop with the USA or Costa Rica, why not say then that England, Brazil and Argentina are your biggest rivals then? Your claim is that USA is your biggest rivale because you aspire to be like them in everything. thats the definition of rivalry in your books? so does the USA see you as a rival then? I doubt they aspire to be like you in anything... ::)

Either that, or the term "rivalry" is totally lost on you. I supose Monsterrat could also claim that T&T are their biggest region rivals, since they might aspire to one day play to your level.

You are ahead of the class in the caribbean? Did you just struggle to beat Belize and guyana? and just outplayed 4-1 over two legs by Jamaica? The records show that you have played Jamaica a total of 34 times, and has won only 7 of those 34 games. you are living in denial.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:55:53 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
I thought I gave a thoughtful, civil response to the discussion, but that still didn't prevent you from menstruating all over the post.  Since you insist...

Why then stop with the USA or Costa Rica, why not say then that England, Brazil and Argentina are your biggest rivals then? Your claim is that USA is your biggest rivale because you aspire to be like them in everything. thats the definition of rivalry in your books? so does the USA see you as a rival then? I doubt they aspire to be like you in anything... ::)

Do they teach reading comprehension in Jamaica's public school's... or do you just pick up whatever you can from the likes of Kartel and Movado?  Where did I say that we "aspire to be like them in everything"? Also, we don't have nearly as much interaction with the other nations you mention so why then would they be on our radar more than or as much as the US?  The US is the dominant nation in our region... and I don't just mean in footballing terms, THIS is why you're struggling to understand what it is I posted.

Either that, or the term "rivalry" is totally lost on you. I supose Monsterrat could also claim that T&T are their biggest region rivals, since they might aspire to one day play to your level.

Just because I offer an alternate perspective to your jackass definition of 'rivalry' that means the word is lost on me? How often do we play "Monsterrat"?  Do we have much interaction with Montserrat at all?  As stated earlier the US dominates our region in virtually everything and we (much like other caribbean teams) like to prove to them that we are equal if not better than them.  So for us it's a far bigger deal to play the US than to play a fellow minnow like Jamaica.  Doh ketch feelings just because Jamaicans have nutten better to do than to latch onto these meaningless games against Trinidad to stoke their national pride.

You are ahead of the class in the caribbean? Did you just struggle to beat Belize and guyana? and just outplayed 4-1 over two legs by Jamaica? The records show that you have played Jamaica a total of 34 times, and has won only 7 of those 34 games. you are living in denial.

I am fully convinced that English is your second language.  What am I in denial about, pray tell?  The only one here in denial is you... as I stated, Trinidad is ahead of the class over her caribbean nations when it comes to global and regional influence.  The statement wasn't just relative to the sporting field... where I am more than happy to concede that Jamaica's sporting teams and athletes are collectively, the best of the bunch.  If it makes you feel better I'd even mention that the Cayman has a better FOREX rate than TnT and that Barbados' literacy rate is slightly higher than TnT's... along with the fact that we running a close second to last place Jamaica when it comes to crime.  Other than that TnT dominates the stage when it comes regional affairs.  It means more to other teams to cut our ass than it does to us.  Just like I'm sure it means more to us to beat the US than it means to them.  Take it for what it is.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: October 11, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »

Do they teach reading comprehension in Jamaica's public school's... or do you just pick up whatever you can from the likes of Kartel and Movado?  Where did I say that we "aspire to be like them in everything"? Also, we don't have nearly as much interaction with the other nations you mention so why then would they be on our radar more than or as much as the US?  The US is the dominant nation in our region... and I don't just mean in footballing terms, THIS is why you're struggling to understand what it is I posted.
Take it for what it is.

Dude, why are we discussing Cayman Islands, Baqrbados and Forex? All along I thought we were having a football discussion.  :rotfl:

And since you have very poor memory, here is what you wrote : "...The bottomline point I'm getting to is that for us the US is a more natural 'rival' because they are the target we're shooting for in almost everything.[/b] 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:27:29 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: October 11, 2010, 11:38:28 AM »
Rivalries are not always balanced.

T&T cares more about beating the U.S. than the U.S cares about beating T&T.  I understand that it used to be more of  a balanced rivalry before the U.S became more accomplished in the game...Now we still take alot from our game against the States, but the U.S. cares more about beating Mexico.  I don't think either Mexico or Costa Rica really care too much about playing/beating T&T...especially not Mexico. 

Man City lives to beat Man U, but Man U is more concerned with beating Liverpool. 

Maryland lives to beat Duke, but Duke cares more about N. Carolina...

Fatima season revolves around beating CIC, but CIC cares more about playing QRC.

...and the list goes on

As far as T&T & Jamaica, Jamaica cares more about beating T&T, than T&T cares about beating Jamaica.  If we're not careful in our downward slide on the slippery slopes of football obscurity even by regional standards, Jamaica will no longer care about beating T&T, and will soon look to more competitive opponents. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:45:41 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: October 11, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »
Dude, why are we discussing Cayman Islands, Baqrbados and Forex? All along I thought we were having a football discussion.  :rotfl:

And since you have very poor memory, here is what you wrote : "...The bottomline point I'm getting to is that for us the US is a more natural 'rival' because they are the target we're shooting for in almost everything.[/b] 

THAT sir, is your problem... you can't read for comprehension.  As I said, if it would make you happy I'd throw in those other references.  Your reposting what I wrote proves nothing other than you are an even bigger dunce than I was willing to give you credit for. The key clue for you there is the "in almost everything"... meaning more than just football.  It also does not mean that we "aspire to be like them in everything"... no we aspire to prove to them that we are just as good, if not better.  It's really not that to understand the difference, for anyone with even a passing familiarity with the English language.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: October 11, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »
RF yuh still over here trying to make big teams care about toddler team football!? What happen, yuh feelings hurt because yuh thought we saw you like how you see yourself? The best thing since slice bread?..LOL...

Yuh been listening to too much reggae music. It affecting yuh judgement. Hush man..doh feel no way. Yuh team almost there man. oonu just need to import 11 Brits like when oonu go ah WC and everyting will be "cook and curry".

Maybe then we might take yuh seriously.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: October 11, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
Its  a bit funny, as I went through the bigsoccer post about the new qualifying format and by no stretch of the imagination you could conclude that the US fans even consider T&T any kind of rival.  I mean lets be realistic.  From what I gather, they believe the toughest draw for them is final group of US, Honduras, Jamaica and Costa Rica - this is assuming that the final groupings will be fixed so that US and Mexico will not be drawn in the same group.  As for the easiest away game in their view its either Canada or T&T - they believe its more than likely that they can get 3 points at these venues.   I remember a few cylces ago going to the US vs T&T game in Richmond, VA and was quite surprise as to the low turn out of T&T supporters.  I made the 6/7 hour drive to watch the game and the T&T fans were not there in numbers to support their team.  The few that made it were much louder than the US supporters and provided the atmosphere the game needed - must give them credit for that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:36:35 PM by jamaica98 »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: October 11, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
Rivalries are not always balanced.

T&T cares more about beating the U.S. than the U.S cares about beating T&T.  I understand that it used to be more of  a balanced rivalry before the U.S became more accomplished in the game...Now we still take alot from our game against the States, but the U.S. cares more about beating Mexico.  I don't think either Mexico or Costa Rica really care too much about playing/beating T&T...especially not Mexico. 

Man City lives to beat Man U, but Man U is more concerned with beating Liverpool. 

Maryland lives to beat Duke, but Duke cares more about N. Carolina...

Fatima season revolves around beating CIC, but CIC cares more about playing QRC.

...and the list goes on

As far as T&T & Jamaica, Jamaica cares more about beating T&T, than T&T cares about beating Jamaica.  If we're not careful in our downward slide on the slippery slopes of football obscurity even by regional standards, Jamaica will no longer care about beating T&T, and will soon look to more competitive opponents. 

True, but to say US vs TT is a rivalry is a hell of a stretch, damn, is like building a tunnel to de north coast
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: October 11, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
T&T all time record against the US is 16-2-3...where is the rivalry.  I think some are confusing revenge for the link below and rivalry  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQ-fIwVnV8
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:34:49 PM by jamaica98 »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: October 11, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »

True, but to say US vs TT is a rivalry is a hell of a stretch, damn, is like building a tunnel to de north coast

lol Yeah especially now...

I'd say it's more of a grudge match (for us) than a rivalry...

Unfortunately Americans look at T&T as a warm vacation and a sure 3 points...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:40:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: October 11, 2010, 03:40:28 PM »
If the US did indeed believe that a football rivalry with T&T was possible. That idea was flushed when the US decided to field a young youth team against T&T in the last qualifiers.
What statement was the US sending with that team? ???

jjbrown

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: October 11, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »

Yeah I'd say it's more of a grudge match than a rivalry...

Barataria I think we all have a different take on what a rivalry is. Personally I would get the greatest satisfaction as a fan if we can beat the US, mainly because of the history between them and us. I was in the then National Stadium Nov 19th 1989 when we lost 1-0, bringing the road to Italy to an abrupt end and as a young man ah buss a lil tears and thing.

I am always more hiped  and thusty for a win against them than Jamaica. Yes Jamaica is one of our chief rivals but I'm always more satisfied with a win against them than Jamaica .....To me, a fan, they are our biggest rivals. my 2 cents.

Every time we play the US , they talk about the 'rivalry' and the shot heard around the world....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:50:46 PM by College »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:02 PM »
T&T all time record against the US is 16-2-3...where is the rivalry.  I think some are confusing revenge for the link below and rivalry  :D

JA record not any better. Also I fine for the boring ass football JA does be playing alyuh men have rel talks.

Yea straight have jamaican fan and all the other spranggas watch their side struggle to beat a rebuilding confused tnt team.. alyuh have rel balls yes.. oh yea alyuh beat costa rica recently booo hooo... like crc is a team to beat these days.. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:54:24 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »

Yeah I'd say it's more of a grudge match than a rivalry...

Barataria I think we all have a different take on what a rivalry is. Personally I would get the greatest satisfaction as a fan if we can beat the US, mainly because of the history between them and us. I was in the then National Stadium Nov 19th 1989 when we lost 1-0, bringing the road to Italy to an abrupt end and as a young man ah buss a lil tears and thing.

I am always more hiped  and thusty for a win against them than Jamaica. Yes Jamaica is one of our chief rivals but I'm always more satisfied with a win against them than Jamaica .....To me, a fan, they are our biggest rivals. my 2 cents.

Every time we play the US , they talk about the 'rivalry' and the shot heard around the world....

Sense College, don't get me wrong, the stronger the opponent, the more satisfied I am if we are able to defeat them, I guess the whole debate is cetered around what constitutes a rivalry and to several people (myself included), that usually means matches between two teams that within recent history have been fairly evenly matched and the probability of a win for either team is equally likely
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:36:06 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: October 11, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »

JA record not any better. Also I fine for the boring ass football JA does be playing alyuh men have rel talks.

Yea straight have jamaican fan and all the other spranggas watch their side struggle to beat a rebuilding confused tnt team.. alyuh have rel balls yes.. oh yea alyuh beat costa rica recently booo hooo... like crc is a team to beat these days.. 

In fact JA's record can be viewed as worse since we have never beaten them...not trying to put down T&T - not my style - just arguing whats really a rivalry.  Our record agains the US is 9-0-8 just so you know.

1]; } ?>