Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 488811 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another Anticipated Derby at the "Office"
« Reply #2340 on: October 11, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
"Decent" performance TnT..poor result

WE WILL DEAL WITH JAMAICA WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.. AND BIG STAKES
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #2341 on: October 11, 2010, 06:47:09 PM »
This is becoming like a bad case of diarrhea coming out of the mouths of Jamaica...... I mean it's just a friendly!!!!! It's not a semi, not a hex match not a WC qualifier, not a Caribbean Cup!!!!! simply a match for those who like to bray the loudest and so far the most of that is coming from that island.

Smash talk, and open exuberance of ethnocentrism........ Yuh want to be the best in the Caribbean Jamaica? ok yuh doing the right thing bring yuh top ace from the UK.....load up and  win all yuh friendlies, rest on yuh laurels and when time come for it to count , leh we see if yuh go deliver .

On the other hand if our players, coaches and management had any gumption or psychological ply, they would use all these clippings and post them up and come out blazing and put one f ..a..cking embarrassment in allyuh asses dat that go shut allyuh up fuh fac...king years to come.

But again allyuh doing the rightful thing smash  and kick ah team when they down and out. Right now TnT fighting tuh  even beat we U17 women's team so go Jamaica go on with allyuh bad self.

I always tell people....THIS IS A BIG, BIG, BIG, deal for Jamaicans. The "rivalry" is mostly in the minds of Jamaicans. I think Trinis in general view USA in that light, NOT Jamaica. Particularly the older Trini heads doh consider Jamaica competition, and tend to class them with the rest of the Caribbean, right or wrong.
The younger folks who only start paying attention to Trini ball from strike squad days seem to view it differently. In general, I doh think we take them seriously enough. And to be honest as a man who watching Trini ball from the late '70's, I don't either.

trinidad's biggest rivalry is the US, not jamaica. jamaica's biggest rivalry is us bc of the boasting factor they attach to it if they win.

our rivalries lie with mexico, US and costa rica not jamaica.

You does talk more shit thn\an ever eh?

truetrini

« Reply #2342 on: October 11, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
Biggest rivalry in Caribbean football JAmaica versus Trinidad and Tobago...hands down  always been so, always been so!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: October 11, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

In fact JA's record can be viewed as worse since we have never beaten them...not trying to put down T&T - not my style - just arguing whats really a rivalry.  Our record agains the US is 9-0-8 just so you know.

get tie up USA only getting stronger, they will be up there with Germany next 20 yrs surely because of their technical abilities and organized style of play.  It is the future of football.
Us yute system working like clockwork so much players emerging from middle school level and beyond..

Soon enough Mexico will start losing to us at the Aztec.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: October 11, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
Biggest rivalry in Caribbean football JAmaica versus Trinidad and Tobago...hands down  always been so, always been so!

What I thought it was Trinidad vs Haiti??

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: October 11, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »

:rotfl:
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »
What's the issue now girls?? rivalry or no rivalry, JA and TT is two peas in ah pie, they might as well be rivals cause no one else who matters wants them! you don't see no one with pedigree rushing to play them do you? and both their football is in serious jeopardy BC they are runned by two big crooked a$$ thieves who to them the development of the football on the island is 3rd fiddle!

football on these two island has been nothing short of ah roller coaster ride with no serious development and it shows in the CCL, as for our US rivalry? pllleeaasseeeee! every one knows the US biggest rivals is mexico, never knew TNT was on the list of things to do!

don't be fooled, it's been ah while since the US acknowledged us as serious competition, just look @ the way their commentator polk fun @ us when we play them, even clint dempsey said that he was happy when bobby zamora injured himself and couldn't play for us, he said something to the effect of luckily for him he didn't commit to T&T, "i really think england would be a better choice BC T&T is poor ( eh ready yet)" or something to that effect.

maybe mexico may have ah little more respect for us BC sometimes we match up better with them, whereas when we play USA is total domination and they make us look like total minnows,  especially with their size fitness understanding of the game and technical ability.

it's like we really eh understand what takin place here. once upon ah time football had royalty, now just like the old system of the monarchy has taken ah back seat to political governance which has now become the norm and royalty has now become a formality, same with football. now the rest of the world has caught up to the stand outs, just last week japan buss argentina and italy is catchin their nenen to beat scotland and ireland.

that black list was no joke, it took us right back to the inception! what a blow that was on our football, and it showed in the results we've been having the past 4 yrs. we have sucked @ every single competition since 06 digcel cup.

losses to grenada and ultimately failing to qualify for our confederations biggest competition kept our young stand outs from being scouted, which was definitely a major set back.

like rijbergen said, we need to raise the bar on the level of play in the local league, we need yute academies in every region of the twin islands, we also need tuh abandon the big stadiums and establish area small 5000 capacity venues like what yuh see in the lowest leagues in england, small and intimate to encourage spectator turn out and area pride.

but even i being naive, BC with these monkeymen runnin tings in trinidad and tobago, nothing like that will ever ever happen until some foreign whiteman step in and spend his own money.

all i saying is pan in danger and so is our football! allyuh better say thank god jamaica consider we still as competition, BC i have ah feelin they getting ready to step up to higher heights. maybe if things stays the same , i could see our new rivals in time to come as montserrat or anguilla.                          positive.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:42:29 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #2347 on: October 11, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »

doh strain yuhself

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: October 11, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »
I have to agree with all the Trinis after reading what they said.
After not being able to beat the Reggae Boyz since 2001. I could understand the pace of the game last night not really getting a real challenge from the Soca Warriors.

So for that reason I will accept the above arguments that there is no rivalry between Jamaica and T&T.
jjbrown

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: October 11, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
I thought I gave a thoughtful, civil response to the discussion, but that still didn't prevent you from menstruating all over the post.  Since you insist...

Why then stop with the USA or Costa Rica, why not say then that England, Brazil and Argentina are your biggest rivals then? Your claim is that USA is your biggest rivale because you aspire to be like them in everything. thats the definition of rivalry in your books? so does the USA see you as a rival then? I doubt they aspire to be like you in anything... ::)

Do they teach reading comprehension in Jamaica's public school's... or do you just pick up whatever you can from the likes of Kartel and Movado?  Where did I say that we "aspire to be like them in everything"? Also, we don't have nearly as much interaction with the other nations you mention so why then would they be on our radar more than or as much as the US?  The US is the dominant nation in our region... and I don't just mean in footballing terms, THIS is why you're struggling to understand what it is I posted.

Either that, or the term "rivalry" is totally lost on you. I supose Monsterrat could also claim that T&T are their biggest region rivals, since they might aspire to one day play to your level.

Just because I offer an alternate perspective to your jackass definition of 'rivalry' that means the word is lost on me? How often do we play "Monsterrat"?  Do we have much interaction with Montserrat at all?  As stated earlier the US dominates our region in virtually everything and we (much like other caribbean teams) like to prove to them that we are equal if not better than them.  So for us it's a far bigger deal to play the US than to play a fellow minnow like Jamaica.  Doh ketch feelings just because Jamaicans have nutten better to do than to latch onto these meaningless games against Trinidad to stoke their national pride.

You are ahead of the class in the caribbean? Did you just struggle to beat Belize and guyana? and just outplayed 4-1 over two legs by Jamaica? The records show that you have played Jamaica a total of 34 times, and has won only 7 of those 34 games. you are living in denial.

I am fully convinced that English is your second language.  What am I in denial about, pray tell?  The only one here in denial is you... as I stated, Trinidad is ahead of the class over her caribbean nations when it comes to global and regional influence.  The statement wasn't just relative to the sporting field... where I am more than happy to concede that Jamaica's sporting teams and athletes are collectively, the best of the bunch.  If it makes you feel better I'd even mention that the Cayman has a better FOREX rate than TnT and that Barbados' literacy rate is slightly higher than TnT's... along with the fact that we running a close second to last place Jamaica when it comes to crime.  Other than that TnT dominates the stage when it comes regional affairs.  It means more to other teams to cut our ass than it does to us.  Just like I'm sure it means more to us to beat the US than it means to them.  Take it for what it is.

i always thaught you were an educated person, after this post i can never take you serious. this is popcorn stuff :rotfl:

as I stated, Trinidad is ahead of the class over her caribbean nations when it comes to global and regional influence.  The statement wasn't just relative to the sporting field... where I am more than happy to concede that Jamaica's sporting teams and athletes are collectively, the best of the bunch.  If it makes you feel better I'd even mention that the Cayman has a better FOREX rate than TnT and that Barbados' literacy rate is slightly higher than TnT's... along with the fact that we running a close second to last place Jamaica when it comes to crime.  Other than that TnT dominates the stage when it comes regional affairs.  It means more to other teams to cut our ass than it does to us.  Just like I'm sure it means more to us to beat the US than it means to them.  Take it for what it is.

talk desperation :rotfl:, i would love to see those facts, cause i would easily rip you apart with my facts. you literacy rate has noting over jamaica, the amount of educated people in jamaica is still twice the size of your population.  do they still ask you where in jamaica is Trinidad? just asking :devil:

just munch on this while you gather you facts. it show both the negative and positive influence, but on a hol it shows how influential we are:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/columns/Jamaica-s-business-is-the-Caribbean-s-business_7656058

And, Caricom's negotiations with large countries and groups of countries would be much weaker and far less effective without the participation of Jamaica

even with the limitations of educational opportunities, Jamaica also has more qualified technical people for bargaining internationally than its partner countries in Caricom. Therefore, the participation of Jamaican negotiators in Caricom teams is extremely valuable.

jamaica negative economy is not the reflection of the people , but the reflection of corrupted politician.
there are some countries who try to buy respect with money, but there are some who just easily gain respect because of there creativity. ;)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:29:27 AM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: October 11, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »
all i saying is pan in danger and so is our football! allyuh better say thank god jamaica consider we still as competition, BC i have ah feelin they getting ready to step up to higher heights. maybe if things stays the same , i could see our new rivals in time to come as montserrat or anguilla.                          positive.
Hoss you worry about things that the best of us don't have control over, surely not pan or tnt football.

If Jamaica so hardmatic... let them request to join South American group for qualifiers, is jus ah set ah small talks dem men on we doh need their rivarly .. happy to beat up on anguilla and monstserrat .. once it televised and dem boys getting paid xD

That raping Argentina ress on dem does still make me wiggle, we never experience that kinda beating on the world stage but yet all kinda chupid talk flinging out. JA ppl like tuh rate up dey self eh.. weys

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:02:07 AM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:55 AM »
Hoss you worry about things that the best of us don't have control over, surely not pan or tnt football.

If Jamaica so hardmatic... let them request to join South American group for qualifiers, is jus ah set ah small talks dem men on we doh need their rivarly .. happy to beat up on anguilla and monstserrat .. once it televised and dem boys getting paid xD

That raping Argentina ress on dem does still make me wiggle, we never experience that kinda beating on the world stage but yet all kinda chupid talk flinging out. JA ppl like tuh rate up dey self eh.. weys

we happy to beat you, cause the more we beat you di lease you so-call rival America  want to play you, and the more respect we gain internationally to attract better teams. i could care less about stupid rivalry, i just like seen boys get a good beaten.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 12, 2010, 06:54:55 AM »

Yes, we lost the Argentina game.... but guess what? We were holding the eventual third placed team 1-1 at half time in our first game, and in case you forgot, we won a game! Outside of the top three in CONCACAF (US, MEX, CRC) Jamaica is the only other concacaf team in the past 35 years to have won a game at the world cup...we ended up with an average one gaol per game. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 12, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »
Its  a bit funny, as I went through the bigsoccer post about the new qualifying format and by no stretch of the imagination you could conclude that the US fans even consider T&T any kind of rival.  I mean lets be realistic.  From what I gather, they believe the toughest draw for them is final group of US, Honduras, Jamaica and Costa Rica - this is assuming that the final groupings will be fixed so that US and Mexico will not be drawn in the same group.  As for the easiest away game in their view its either Canada or T&T - they believe its more than likely that they can get 3 points at these venues.   I remember a few cylces ago going to the US vs T&T game in Richmond, VA and was quite surprise as to the low turn out of T&T supporters.  I made the 6/7 hour drive to watch the game and the T&T fans were not there in numbers to support their team.  The few that made it were much louder than the US supporters and provided the atmosphere the game needed - must give them credit for that.

You talking level shit because I was at that game in Richmond in 1997... I could tell you for fact that we had that stadium jumping... we even had a riddim section playing in the parking lot after the game and all the Americans was jumping with we.  This is why I cyah take allyuh Jamaicans too seriously... allyuh will say anything to try and 'win' a point.

Sense College, don't get me wrong, the stronger the opponent, the more satisfied I am if we are able to defeat them, I guess the whole debate is cetered around what constitutes a rivalry and to several people (myself included), that usually means matches between two teams that within recent history have been fairly evenly matched and the probability of a win for either team is equally likely

Then that is a balanced or even rivalry... as someone (Kicker I think) said earlier, think of the Manchester Derby.  What is City's recent record against Utd?  Would you say that THAT is not a rivalry just because the results have been one-sided?  Did the Liverpool-Everton derby cease to be a rivalry when Liverpool was steady cutting dey ass most of the last decade?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 12, 2010, 07:28:29 AM »

You come in like a real Einstein dey... arguing something that's not even in the conversation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: October 12, 2010, 07:49:28 AM »
i always thaught you were an educated person, after this post i can never take you serious. this is popcorn stuff :rotfl:
talk desperation :rotfl:, i would love to see those facts, cause i would easily rip you apart with my facts. you literacy rate has noting over jamaica, the amount of educated people in jamaica is still twice the size of your population.  do they still ask you where in jamaica is Trinidad? just asking :devil:

just munch on this while you gather you facts. it show both the negative and positive influence, but on a hol it shows how influential we are:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/columns/Jamaica-s-business-is-the-Caribbean-s-business_7656058

And, Caricom's negotiations with large countries and groups of countries would be much weaker and far less effective without the participation of Jamaica

even with the limitations of educational opportunities, Jamaica also has more qualified technical people for bargaining internationally than its partner countries in Caricom. Therefore, the participation of Jamaican negotiators in Caricom teams is extremely valuable.

jamaica negative economy is not the reflection of the people , but the reflection of corrupted politician.
there are some countries who try to buy respect with money, but there are some who just easily gain respect because of there creativity. ;)

The bolded is the difference between you and I... I really couldn't care less about whether you take me serious or not.  Your opinion means less than dirt to me.  As for the rest ah dat shit yuh post... you referencing an article from the Jamaican Observer as proof that Jamaica is this regional influence?  Look fella go open ah book and stop playing on de people dem internet yes.  And oh yeah... if yuh really want to have this comparison between TnT and Jamaica let me know.

Btw... suck on dis fuh now, Jamaica's literacy rate is 87.9%, TnT's is 98.6%.  Now go fol' up hunda yu mumma cratches.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:14:40 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 12, 2010, 08:07:32 AM »
Not sure if I know the technical definition of rivalry, but on some level, I think both teams have to appreciate what's at stake in the matchup for it to be fairly called a rivalry... balanced or unbalanced.  

As far as TT v US, I think the older heads on both sides appreciate the stakes more than the younger heads.  The U.S. has pretty much always had the upper hand on T&T in football, but I think back in the day the game meant more for the U.S. than it does today- When the soccer community in the U.States was alot smaller, and more familiar with the participation of the Trini immigrant population in the game (especially on the East Coast), I think a U.S.A v T&T match up meant something by way of bragging rights...That said it was a more than likely a friendly rivalry if anything.

Historically there has also been a recognizeable number of Trinis who have made their name in the U.S. soccer community as players in the early pro leagues, the college system and now coaches at various levels in different communities.....in addition to U.S. MNT players either born in T&T or of Trini heritage (e.g. John Stollmeyer in the 80's, and up to this past World Cup Ricardo Clark and Robbie Findlay)....  My college coach's response to T&T was always "oh yeah- good soccer down there inT&T - we've had some good matches against T&T etc"...and he would always tell me about his annual over 40 fete match against a Trini team in the Maryland area...all consisting of good friends who went to college in the Maryland/DC area and played competitively with and against eachother, and stayed connected through football/soccer...when the US football community was smaller, T&t had a footprint on football here in the States...

Football in the U.S. is a big deal now, and it is reaching far beyond the small grassroots communities- that combined with the U.S. launching itself into a higer competitive tier than T&T in the last 20 years on the global stage has separated us from them not only in their sense of familiarity, but also from a hierarchy standpoint...Add to the pain of November 19 for us Trinis, and you could argue that T&T v U.S. today is nothing more than a one-sided grudge match...I dunno if that still qualifies as a rivalry, but modern day U.S. fans/players more than likely do not feel one way or the other about playing against T&T.  Mordern day U.S. football fans do not know Gally Cummings, or Lincoln Phillips, or David Nakhid, or Brian Haynes for e.g. The older heads did...that's the difference in my opinion.....  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:32:02 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #2357 on: October 12, 2010, 09:24:01 AM »

You come in like a real Einstein dey... arguing something that's not even in the conversation.

Thanks for recognizing brilliance..I appreciate it...!

BTW...I was responsing to Mr. Controversial!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 12, 2010, 11:19:33 AM »
Thanks for recognizing brilliance..I appreciate it...!

BTW...I was responsing to Mr. Controversial!

Controversial talking is like ah next man farting, not sure why you even wasting yuh time.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 12, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »

Then that is a balanced or even rivalry... as someone (Kicker I think) said earlier, think of the Manchester Derby.  What is City's recent record against Utd?  Would you say that THAT is not a rivalry just because the results have been one-sided?  Did the Liverpool-Everton derby cease to be a rivalry when Liverpool was steady cutting dey ass most of the last decade?

Yeah, to me a derby and rivalry are not identical, I see a "derby" being a subset of the larger "rivalry" set.  A derby (in footballing sense) is some match between two teams that have something in common (city, river, region etc) whereas my understanding of a rivalry are two teams that are fairly evenly matched where the likelyhood of either team winning is equally likely (you would call that a balanced rivalry, so be it).  I guess I struggle to see what would be rival about two teams in which the likelyhood of victory of one was much more favored than the other or maybe you are suggesting a derby and a rivalry are one in the same.  All comes down to how you define rivalry

So yeah, the manchester derby is just that, a derby between the two football teams of manchester, no rivalry in my books (well city fans would like to believe different).....occasionally though some derbies can be rivalries, the everton-pool merseyside derby in the 80s/90s was also a rivalry.  But as you say, not much of a rivalry anymore....again based on my definition
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:15:13 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 12, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »
This discussion turning into a circle jerk - I'm out...

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 12, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
Its  a bit funny, as I went through the bigsoccer post about the new qualifying format and by no stretch of the imagination you could conclude that the US fans even consider T&T any kind of rival.  I mean lets be realistic.  From what I gather, they believe the toughest draw for them is final group of US, Honduras, Jamaica and Costa Rica - this is assuming that the final groupings will be fixed so that US and Mexico will not be drawn in the same group.  As for the easiest away game in their view its either Canada or T&T - they believe its more than likely that they can get 3 points at these venues.     The few that made it were much louder than the US supporters and provided the atmosphere the game needed - must give them credit for that.

You talking level shit because I was at that game in Richmond in 1997... I could tell you for fact that we had that stadium jumping... we even had a riddim section playing in the parking lot after the game and all the Americans was jumping with we.  This is why I cyah take allyuh Jamaicans too seriously... allyuh will say anything to try and 'win' a point.

You seem to miss this comment...then again, I may have been comparing this to the JA turnout in DC...like I said...circle jerk.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 12, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »
You seem to miss this comment...then again, I may have been comparing this to the JA turnout in DC...like I said...circle jerk.
All I know is TNT never get raped like Jamaica in the World Cup, after that 5-0 trashing and 3-1 schooling from Croatia and Argentina ah taught concacaf would ah lorse ah spot.
When Suker sink that ball in alyuh net how did it feel? We trinis never experience that kinda beating before.
And yuh better leave, only thing Jamaicans can do is play boring ass football, never fun to watch and always thinks they hardmatic and can't even get past Honduras.

Alyuh Jamaicans jus lucky we have a newby coach.

WEY DESE SPRANGAS DOES COME OUT FROM DREAD....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:05:34 PM by sHOTTA12 »

truetrini

« Reply #2363 on: October 12, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
Seriously, apart from regionally, and even so, within the Caribbean, which footballing countries take either Jamaica or Trinidad seriously?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
This is my take...if we is to play ah "friendly" game with the US now...how many pages the game thread would get and how many US fans would be posting here except from Zeppo?

Don't think the US fan would care much, as compared to the "rivalry" we have now between the JA fans and the T&T fans  :-\

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 12, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »

The bolded is the difference between you and I... I really couldn't care less about whether you take me serious or not.  Your opinion means less than dirt to me.  As for the rest ah dat shit yuh post... you referencing an article from the Jamaican Observer as proof that Jamaica is this regional influence?  Look fella go open ah book and stop playing on de people dem internet yes.  And oh yeah... if yuh really want to have this comparison between TnT and Jamaica let me know.

Btw... suck on dis fuh now, Jamaica's literacy rate is 87.9%, TnT's is 98.6%.  Now go fol' up hunda yu mumma cratches.

:rotfl: :rotfl: it was posted in the observer, but was NOT written by a Jamaican. there are a lot of people from around the world that write in observer editorial and letters.any way you only posting garbage i asking you for facts and  coming with crap. poor you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:49:48 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 12, 2010, 01:02:02 PM »

I didn't miss it, I disagreed with it, of course we were outnumbered by the Yanks but we showed up and represented, there were 4 or 5 buses in my group traveling from DC alone, let alone other fans who came from NY and elsewhere.  To say that we were there in "low numbers" or that we didn't turn out to support our team is flat erroneous.  There were much more than a "few" of us in attendance at that game.  I give you props for making the drive and come out (presumably to cheer for TnT), but on everything else I have to disagree.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 12, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: it was posted in the observer, but was NOT written by a Jamaican. there are a lot of people from around the world that write in observer editorial and letters.any way you only posting garbage i asking you for facts and  coming with crap. poor you.

Here's all the facts you could ever want at your fingertips... The CIA World Factbook.

I doh have time to spoonfeed yuh... take yuh time and go thru it and make the comparisons yuhself, or have somebody read it fuh yuh.  Yuh could always try and make the argument later on that the US Government bias in favor of TnT and see how far that will get yuh, but I go take this objective compilation of statistics over any opinion written in a Jamaican newspaper.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Anybody Interested ?
« Reply #2368 on: October 12, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 12, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »

Here's all the facts you could ever want at your fingertips... The CIA World Factbook.

I doh have time to spoonfeed yuh... take yuh time and go thru it and make the comparisons yuhself, or have somebody read it fuh yuh.  Yuh could always try and make the argument later on that the US Government bias in favor of TnT and see how far that will get yuh, but I go take this objective compilation of statistics over any opinion written in a Jamaican newspaper.

where is the global and regional influence. where, when the say your economy is the most prosperous? because of oil?. the fact of the matter is the average person around the world do not know Trinidad and Tobago. i can tell you that as we speaking, there is a dread walking in Trinidad humming to a Bob Marly tune, there is a young kid in Trinidad listening to a mavado on you tube, there is a Trinidad radio station playing reggae, there is a scholar at your library researching on Marcus Garvey, there is a trini watching sports max, there is a trini business man waiting for a old bankrupt company that we don't want, so he could buy it, one witch we build ourself. i could go on.   

1]; } ?>