Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 476179 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica Football Thread.
« Reply #2460 on: December 01, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Easy 4-0 victory for Jamaica over Guyana...all the reserves got a run out...19 yo marvin morgan just missed getting the tournaments first hat-trick. Grenada, get in line.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 01, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
Easy 4-0 victory for Jamaica over Guyana...all the reserves got a run out...19 yo marvin morgan just missed getting the tournaments first hat-trick. Grenada, get in line.
Ah meh boy, after yrs in the wilderness, success rares it's head in favor of jamaican football.  now it looks like it's our desolation period.

sad to say, unlike warner, it seems like cpt borrell might be ah smarter more progressive man, maybe jack should take lessons from this man, he's done ah great job.

jack single handedly destroyed whatever little moral we had in our football. he is indeed a cancer on our football. every decision this man made over the past ten yrs was all to the detriment of T&T football.

good luck jamaica.    for the first time in my life i wish i was jamaican.  :'(
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner slams Jamaica's Reggae Boyz for pay protest
« Reply #2462 on: December 07, 2010, 12:31:48 AM »
Warner slams Boyz for pay protest
Published: Tuesday | December 7, 2010 Audley Boyd, Assistant Editor - Sport

FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique
:

The Reggae Boyz have come in for some stinging criticism from regional football boss Austin 'Jack' Warner for their stance against the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) during the just-concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup.

Additionally, he has promised to change current regulations to facilitate the replacement of players in future tournaments, should such a situation arise again.

After beating Antigua and Barbuda 2-0 in their opening match, the Jamaican team issued the JFF an ultimatum to be paid total per diem of US$1,200 plus 80 percent of any cash prize won, or they would have withdrawn.

However, Captain Horace Burrell, president of the cash-strapped JFF, used his own funds to meet their per diem demands.

Speaking to the local media here after Jamaica won the title, Warner, who is the CONCACAF and Caribbean Football Union president, said: "First of all, I congratulate Jamaica on their success."

Afterwards, he lambasted the Jamaica football team, saying, "national pride must take precedence over mercenary feelings."

"I have felt in many ways the pain of Captain Burrell, because what he had to go through to reach this stage, for me it was tough," said Warner.

"To be held to ransom, and in my humble view, to be blackmailed by a team is unacceptable, and I want to say to you that the pain he has felt I feel for him, for the Caribbean, because it is a precedent that will be set in the Caribbean, unless we begin to stop it at this point in time."

Continuing Warner, who is also a FIFA vice-president, said: "In fact, I have told him even the rules shall be amended to facilitate countries bringing in teams at the last minute that face this situation.

"National pride must take precedence over money. National pride must take precedence over mercenary feelings and in that context, therefore, I'm pained. But at the end of the day, Captain stood up as a big man and he has saved the day; and today, Jamaica and the whole Caribbean are happy, not because Guadeloupe have lost, but because in my humble view, a bona fide country has won and therefore football in the Caribbean has been saved, also."

Warner, who made the championship presentation, said: "Guadeloupe put up a very good game. In fact, I would challenge any country in CONCACAF to play against Guadeloupe and believe it is a walkover."

Jamaica earned US$120,000 for retaining the title - their fifth overall - and Warner says it will be disbursed to the JFF within 15 days.

"Normally it (prize money) takes 30 days, but I will pay in 15 days because all he (Burrell) has to get is about US$14,000, and if those guys were so desperate. And by the way, the guys who are desperate are the guys who make the most money in football, not local Jamaicans you know. Before they die, I will pay it in 15 days so as to save their lives," said Warner.

The Trinidad and Tobago Transport Minister also commented on his team's performance, saying they will have to 'restructure.'

Regional championship

With eight titles, the Trinidadians have won the regional championship the most, but they were eliminated in the group round-robin phase.

"We played badly and we paid the price for playing badly," observed Warner. "Trinidad and Tobago now has to sit down and restructure its football. A meeting has been called for December 11 with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and I'll be there. We're going to look at the football and see what are the short-term and long-term plans."

He added: "We can't continue the way we are going, and we can't survive if even we get four places in the World Cup, as I believe we will get. We will not, of course, survive on the present team we have, or the structure or system we have, and therefore we have to sit down ..."

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20101207/sports/sports2.html

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Warner slams Jamaica's Reggae Boyz for pay protest
« Reply #2463 on: December 07, 2010, 01:37:12 AM »
I wonder where Warner national pride was when he sold our home rights vs. the US in 1985.

I guess he wasn't thinking about the money.

I guess when he son sell WC tickets illegally and made millions he had national pride foremost on his mind.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Reggae Boyz apologise to nation, JFF
« Reply #2464 on: December 11, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »
Reggae Boyz apologise to nation, JFF
Published: Saturday | December 11, 2010 0 Comments and 0 Reactions
Shavar Thomas

Ryon Jones, Gleaner Writer

Members of Jamaica's national football team have apologised for the protest action taken during the recent Digicel Caribbean Cup tournament in Martinique.

In an open letter to the public and the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) yesterday, the players described their action as "misguided" and improper.

"We have concluded that our actions were not proper and also misguided. We've also concluded that our actions consequently, even though not intended, caused undue embarrassment to the country. Again, this was not our intention. As a result, we are using this medium to publicly and unreservedly apologise to the JFF, the people of Jamaica, our families all the Reggae Boyz fans in the diaspora and other parts of the world for any role that we may have played, in this matter that has led to embarrassment and discomfort to all concerned," the Boyz said in their letter.

Team captain Shavar Thomas, one of seven signatories to the letter, explained the reasons behind the players' decision to formerly apologise.

"It was just based on our take on the situation and how we felt about it, we just decided that was a way to go," Thomas said. "It is not a situation where the players are against the JFF or anything of the sort because we are working in conjunction. We just think it is the right move and we are looking forward to doing good things in 2011," he added.

Moving forward

The Kansas City Major League Soccer player is trying to put the situation behind him and move forward.

"It is a group thing ... right now I just consider the matter done and dusted and we are just looking forward to 2011 and trying to do some good stuff towards World Cup qualification, and first of all at the Gold Cup," Thomas stated.

The 29-year-old defender is not overly perturbed by the possibility of disciplinary action being taken against him.

Thomas said: "The JFF has a board and a committee that handles that and they are the ones who will go about it the way they should, and we will see the outcome. If action is taken against me personally, if that is how they see it, that's it; whatever comes my way."

The Reggae Boyz camp was thrown into turmoil on November 28 when the players refused to train on the eve of a preliminary-round match against Guadeloupe, and demanded total per diem of $1,200 and 80 per cent of any prize money won at the tournament. In a meeting with the players before they left the island, the JFF had proposed 50 per cent of the fee and US$300 per diem; however, that was flatly refused. That offer was increased to US$500 but the players also turned that down.

To defuse the situation, president of the JFF, Captain Horace Burrell, used money from his personal funds to satisfy the players' demands.

At home, there were mixed views on the players' action but most people viewed the players' action as an embarrassment to the country.

The Reggae Boyz retained the coveted Digicel Caribbean Cup on Sunday, defeating Guadeloupe on penalty kicks in the final.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Reggae Boyz apologise to nation, JFF
« Reply #2465 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »
 yawn..

Btw congrats to JA team in DCC. 

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trouble brewing in Jamaica football
« Reply #2466 on: December 22, 2010, 05:14:02 AM »
JFF wants all players to sign "contract" before being eligible to play for national team...Players refuse to sign contract....

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

The Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) has accused the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) of being unconscionable and bullying, as it relates to their dealings with the national players in an ongoing contractual dispute.

Following a meeting of the JFF's board of directors, the body has insisted that all players with any intention of representing the national team in the future must sign a four-year contract.

That decision was taken following a stand-off between the federation and the players during the recently concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup. The Reggae Boyz had refused to train and threatened not to take the field during the tournament unless certain demands were met. Those demands had included receiving 80 per cent of the prize money and also US$1,200 per diem for each player during the tournament. JFF President, Captain Horace Burrell, eventually relented.

No player has signed the document put forward by the JFF and, according to the PLCA, after a meeting with 16 senior members, continue to express serious reservations about doing so.
In a release, the PLCA accused the JFF of being "draconian" and making one-sided arrangements in a "dictatorial pattern".

Discourse

Represented by Chairman Edward Seaga, Deputy Chairman Carvel Stewart and director, Ricardo Chin, the PLCA said it has sought discourse with the JFF on the various issues, but claim those attempts have been blocked by JFF general secretary, Horace Reid, who it accused of attempting to bully the players into signing the documents - contracts which the PLCA believes to be in violation of the players' rights.

"This is an ill-considered and devious attempt by the JFF to hijack the rights of the players who up until the recent CFU tournament had not been fully paid by the JFF in 18 months despite several promises ... . The PLCA and the players protest this unconscionable act. Discussions between the parties are necessary without any more bullying."

Burrell and Reid, who seemed surprised by the contents of the release when contacted by The Gleaner, opted not to comment on the issue, but expect to have a meeting with the PLCA in Ocho Rios at 10 a.m. today.

"I have absolutely no comment at this time," Burrell told The Gleaner. "The PLCA requested a meeting with the JFF, the meeting has been planned for Ocho Rios and I am already here. I am awaiting the arrival of The Most Honourable Edward Seaga and we are told deputy chairman, Carvel Stewart, at 10 a.m. today.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:16:19 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 23, 2010, 03:50:22 AM »
I cannot wait to hear what Jackula has to say again about our PLCA taking a strong stand against the JFF. An orginazation that was formed less than 5 years ago. ;D

The JFF should understand that there is a huge difference between patriotism and blackmail/holding hostages.

Is their such an orginazation in T&T?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:53:31 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: December 23, 2010, 07:07:26 PM »
I cannot wait to hear what Jackula has to say again about our PLCA taking a strong stand against the JFF. An orginazation that was formed less than 5 years ago. ;D

The JFF should understand that there is a huge difference between patriotism and blackmail/holding hostages.

Is their such an orginazation in T&T?

FPATT. football players association of trinidad and tobago.

PS: fixed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:10:54 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: December 23, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
Its FPATT which stands for Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago.

I have a FPATT t-shirt with their logo on it!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: December 23, 2010, 08:09:39 PM »

I have a FPATT t-shirt with their logo on it!  ;D
Close enough. ;D

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: December 23, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »

i am happy you guys highlight that. that's why he should have kept his beek shut about Jamaica players protesting. because he belong to the FPATT not the JFF.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: December 23, 2010, 08:46:56 PM »

i am happy you guys highlight that. that's why he should have kept his beek shut about Jamaica players protesting. because he belong to the FPATT not the JFF.

Just for clarification, who are you referring to here in the bit I've highlighted?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:19 PM »

Just for clarification, who are you referring to here in the bit I've highlighted?

how many jakula in CFU?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:04 PM »

how many jakula in CFU?

Well for your information JW does not belong to FPATT.
In fact he's against FPATT as much as a vampire is against being caught in the sunlight!  8)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: December 23, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »
how many jakula in CFU?

You do realize that FPATT is a players' organization/union, right?

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 26, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
Harbour view fc

Since this season, the club transferred the youngest player in their history, 14-year-old, Martin Davis. He joined Spanish giants, Valencia, in November.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20101226/sports/sports6.html

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cummings on verge of Aston Villa loan
« Reply #2477 on: December 28, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
Cummings on verge of Aston Villa loan

Colorado managing director Jeff Plush told the Denver Post on Monday that the Rapids are in talks with Aston Villa about a potential short loan move for Jamaican Hitman Omar Cummings during the winter.

"Omar is a Colorado Rapids player," Plush told the Denver Post. "We explained to Aston Villa that we would be open to discussing a loan agreement for Omar until our season starts on March 19 if it benefited Omar and the Colorado Rapids."

One potential hang-up could be Cummings securing a work permit. He plays regularly for Jamaica, but because of Jamaica's low FIFA ranking over the course of the year, Cummings may not qualify. Jamaica just made a 24-point jump in the most recent ranking, from 82nd in November to 58th after winning the Digicel Cup.

Under UK Work Permit rules, in order for a player to secure a work permit his national team must be have an average ranking in the Top 70 over the previous two years to qualify and Jamaica has been ranked lower than that for the majority of the past two years.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cummings on verge of Aston Villa loan
« Reply #2478 on: December 28, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
England work permit situation is affecting a lot of players.btw whats going on in the trini transfer corner. :-X so-call best players :devil:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Cummings on verge of Aston Villa loan
« Reply #2479 on: December 28, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
Jackasses still like to bray..... go post  all this sh..t on your reggae boyz site.
Have a flying 4king  new year

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 28, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
Jackasses still like to bray..... go post  all this sh..t on your reggae boyz site.

how is the transfer window looking for you?, i heard Carlos leaving the MLS for AC Millan ;D

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 28, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »

how is the transfer window looking for you?, i heard Carlos leaving the MLS for AC Millan ;D

dont pay im anymind jahsee he ai sore loser , ah wanda y dey start a jamaica thread .
booooooooooooooo! :P

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 28, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »
dont pay im anymind jahsee he ai sore loser , ah wanda y dey start a jamaica thread .

For the same reason yuh shit in ah toilet bowl and not all over yuh house... hygiene issues nah, thing allyuh Jamaicans wouldn't understand.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 28, 2010, 04:31:55 PM »

For the same reason yuh shit in ah toilet bowl and not all over yuh house... hygiene issues nah, thing allyuh Jamaicans wouldn't understand.

u r a nasty asshole or shit , di shit or ass di same ting .lol ! trinidad get kick by grenada out of gold cup qualifiers 2 times lol !  :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2484 on: December 28, 2010, 04:36:18 PM »
I don't think think all Jamaicans are assholes.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 28, 2010, 04:47:51 PM »
u r a nasty asshole or shit , di shit or ass di same ting .lol ! trinidad get kick by grenada out of gold cup qualifiers 2 times lol !  :rotfl:

I'm waiting for the significance of that comment to hit me...

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 28, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »

I'm waiting for the significance of that comment to hit me...

am gettin some white jewish ass ole to run ma dick into who cares about telling u off , go have some sex
breadrin it will do you alot of good . we going to di gold cup  :P

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 28, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
am gettin some white jewish ass ole to run ma dick into who cares about telling u off , go have some sex

I'm not sure what you having gay sex with some white Jew has to do with anything... but uhm, thanks for sharing... I guess.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: December 28, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »

I'm not sure what you having gay sex with some white Jew has to do with anything... but uhm, thanks for sharing... I guess.

jealous ? ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: December 28, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

jealous ? ;D

Nah.. lord knows nobody could compete with allyuh Jamaicans and allyuh closeted gay tendencies.

1]; } ?>