Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 475965 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Just learnt that Sven has requested a game with Jamaica to
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2005, 05:22:34 PM »
This all depends too, on what type of team Jamaica fields of course. Remember Bahrain blazed up another hex country before they played us. Hopefully jamaica fields a soft JA team, so they could underestimate we....

I disagree.  Jamaica is playing for Jamaica and to make as good an impression as possible, NOT to assist us in any way by trying to be an easy game for England.  The last time jamaica played a high profile match with their top players, they were trounced 5-0 by Australia.  They will want to atone for that and show that they are better than they showed in that game.

This game and more importantly, Jamaica's performance in it, will have a direct impact on their marketability for games aginast top ranked opposition in the future.  If that's not motivation enough, nothing else will.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2005, 05:45:48 PM »
JA could play who they want to play now that we qualify.  The statement that TNT playin finesse football is kinda crazy but I know we two goals better that JA right now though.  ;D

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2005, 06:27:32 PM »
If Jamaica work hard and rough dem up abit england will find it difficult, remember people does talk about england being world class etc but they always struggle vs minnows. its not very often u see them brush weak sides 5-0 n ting.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »
england could lose to us or draw, draw de worse scenario we lookin at

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2005, 07:05:09 PM »
WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT   ????????????
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2005, 03:14:32 AM »

haha!
great
england is taken tnt serious
they can say that they are happy with the draw
but i think they are not so happy at all
great compliment for all of you tnt guys!

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2005, 06:05:52 AM »
Interesting that T&T's participation in the World Cup helps to provide "food" for our CONCACAF neighbours, especially some neighbours who are in dire financial need according to them.

Yet they still begrudge our qualification.  Not ALL....but a significant amount.

Those who come here to talk about "they wonder if Jack will get upset seeing that Jamaica helpin to beat T&T" just betrayin their ignorance and jealousy.  Which is the better opportunity?  Bahrain or England?

Dumbass.
lol :rotfl: SOMEBODY GET HIT HARD :rotfl:
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2005, 06:34:21 AM »
Palos,

I dont think many Jakans seriously begrudge TnT their recent success.

Jam. non-qualification has nothing to do with TnT, plus we all know TnT has been close before and lost out on heart-breakers.

Now, however, one needs to keep thing in perspective. ThWC will be tough and the big teams are NOT to be taken lightly.

Stuill and all, count on solid pan Caribbean support, even against England.

After all is said and done, we are cousins and nothing will change that.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2005, 06:44:50 AM »
that is nice, i hope this will work in our favour cause we will get to see how they intend to apporach the game with us in the WC.

But it is strainge to note that no one asked for friendlies against us or any other "caribbean" opposition when jamaica qualified in '98. 

I guess no one felt the need to prepare for them. lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2005, 06:51:13 AM »
Andre,

Japan paid the ultimate price e?

Perhaps it was that win that gave Caribbean teams respectability and notice. Japan fully expected to win.

Argentina was not worried as they knew us from before (during a Brazilian stinit with Simoes). Croatia was also a debutante and was overconfident. They got the scare of their life at half time, i can tell you.

The big lesson is NOT to get cocky. Approach the world cup as a huge step up. That is what it is.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2005, 09:18:34 AM »
Interesting that T&T's participation in the World Cup helps to provide "food" for our CONCACAF neighbours, especially some neighbours who are in dire financial need according to them.

Yet they still begrudge our qualification.  Not ALL....but a significant amount.

Those who come here to talk about "they wonder if Jack will get upset seeing that Jamaica helpin to beat T&T" just betrayin their ignorance and jealousy.  Which is the better opportunity?  Bahrain or England?

Dumbass.

Palos, you are one to always bring up some bad vibes whenever Jamaica is mentioned on this forum. Jamaica does not grudge T&T for anything, football is football, and while our fans are disappointed that our team is not playing in the finals, I hardly see any reasonfor you to think that we "grudge" your achievement. If yo usay Jamaica "grudge" Costa Rica, Mexico, USA and Trinidad, I could understand your point, but to isolate T&T and saythat we grudge you is pointless. Again, which fan wouldnt be disappointed thattheir team isnot there?

When Jamaica qualified for France, the same situation could have arisen for your team to provide warm ups for the teams in Jamaica's group. The fact that these teams didnt come knocking on your doors is another matter. At the end of teh day, its good for Caribbean football. Fibally football in the islands are getting some recognition on teh world stage.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2005, 09:43:39 AM »
tune up for Trinidad. Now, teh question is, will Jack Warner have a problem with this game going through? Technically, Jamaica would be assisting England to beat T&T. Sven also wants a game vs Uruguay. Lets see how this one pans out. Heard also that the French coach has targeted Jamaica along with another South American team for warm ups.
I dont think sey Jack will have a problem wid this game since reachinfg de wrl cup was only Jacks plan..anything after dat wid TNT defence is a bonus..I heard of de France game but very suprise England wants to play de boyz..I mean after dat Flicking australia game I still cross...Mi Australian  friend who plays cricket wid us here in Chicago na stop Run his mouth about dat game.  If playing England Jamaica needs to recall De Big man "Lowe"..   call in all de big boyz ..f**k dat local shit side  call in d ebig boyz..... ..collecting 5 against Australlia is a Joke....Nuff credentials fi loose if JA keep get beat like dat..
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

TrinInfinite

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2005, 09:50:09 AM »
whether ja play dem or not, it doh matter, we in de world cup, we playin de czech rep, which are miles ahead of england in form, i think we will b ready, is whether england is ready 4 de shock of their lives?

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2005, 10:10:07 AM »
england could lose to us or draw, draw de worse scenario we lookin at

Yes they could. 

They could lose, they could draw, but you seem to forget... or ignore the possibility that... they could win.

What are your odds of each scenario? Just curious.
Toujour Pret!

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2005, 12:49:57 PM »
Check the article in the Jamaica Gleaner

Reggae Boyz set to face England
published: Friday | December 16, 2005

Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

JAMAICA'S FOOTBALL should have a more fruitful spin-off from Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup qualification than it did from the twin island republic's playoff against Bahrain.

The Reggae Boyz, according to reports coming out of England, could meet that country in a potentially lucrative friendly early next year.

In an article written by John Cross of the Mirror newspaper, it was reported that England coach Sven Goran Eriksson "has lined up Uruguay and Jamaica as his World Cup warm-up matches".

England, who hosted and won the 1966 World Cup, were drawn in Group B for the 2006 Germany tournament with Caribbean debutants Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden and Paraguay. A third friendly is being sought with a Scandinavian team.

The article also stated negotiations had already begun for the friendly matches and that three dates had been set aside. First vice-president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) George Evans yesterday confirmed that negotiations were taking place but would not say much more.

NEGOTIATIONS

"Yes, I can confirm that negotiations are taking place, but there is not much that can be said at this time as it is in the embryonic stages," said Evans.

If the friendly international against the world's ninth-ranked team materialises, it would be the biggest game managed by the Crenston Boxhill administration in its two years in office.

The friendly international would be a winning situation for both parties. For England, Jamaica, the top-ranked team in the Caribbean, would provide good practice in preparation for their World Cup date with Trinidad and Tobago. For Jamaica, it would be an opportunity to earn some well-needed funds as well as a chance to redeem themselves.

The last time Jamaica played a friendly international was against Australia on October 9 in London.

Australia were then preparing to face Uruguay in a two-way play-off for a spot in the World Cup.

In that Craven Cottage fixture Jamaica were swamped 6-0 by the Socceroos, who went on to qualify for the World Cup ahead of Uruguay.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20051216/sports/sports5.html.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2005, 01:14:02 PM »
trinidad is the top team in the carribbean :(

not jamaica

fifa rankings doh mean nuttin cause jack involved in that and we all know how smart he iz
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2005, 03:05:33 PM »

not jamaica

fifa rankings doh mean nuttin cause jack involved in that and we all know how smart he iz

By that Logic, you should also elevate Trinidad to the 32nd ranked team in the world then, purely on their qualification to the world cup.
And in CONCACAF, you should automatically be elevated to #4 position ahead of Jamaica and Honduras.

Now is a prefect time for you to get some good games in and move yourself up the FIFA rankings. I see a number of friendlies lined up in addition to the at least 3 world cup games which you will play.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2005, 03:23:08 PM »
that is nice, i hope this will work in our favour cause we will get to see how they intend to apporach the game with us in the WC.

But it is strainge to note that no one asked for friendlies against us or any other "caribbean" opposition when jamaica qualified in '98. 

I guess no one felt the need to prepare for them. lol

ah love it!!

I think Senegal changed that whole mindset of the "big" football nations not needing to scout or get a feel for their "lesser" opposition. France exited the last WC without scoring a single goal. Nobody else want that to befall them.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2005, 03:40:23 PM »

not jamaica

By that Logic, you should also elevate Trinidad to the 32nd ranked team in the world then, purely on their qualification to the world cup.
And in CONCACAF, you should automatically be elevated to #4 position ahead of Jamaica and Honduras.

Now is a prefect time for you to get some good games in and move yourself up the FIFA rankings. I see a number of friendlies lined up in addition to the at least 3 world cup games which you will play.

uhhhhhhhmmmmm like yuh didnt hear meh we is the best in de blasted carribbean

talk done
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2005, 03:49:47 PM »

not jamaica

uhhhhhhhmmmmm like yuh didnt hear meh we is the best in de blasted carribbean

talk done

You are the only Caribbean team in the world cup...so yes, form that perespective, you are. From all other perspectives, that claim is debatable.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »
Trininfinite,

You say that TnT form is miles ahead of England???

England just beat Argentina in Geneva. I was at the damn match.

While Argentina has the slicker midfield and some talented wing play, England has agruably the MOST powerful, penetrative forward line in the world. Only Brazil in my mind can claim a hotter line up up front. England won that match with sheer forward power. The midfield tackled up and release early balls to the forward who tormented the Argie backline.

Rooney is just plain scary. He scared the crap out of the argies with his runs.

I thought Rooney was just an English tabloid overhype, but when I see him with my own eyes...the bwoy outta class. He would want onto Brazil side. The English Ronaldo.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2005, 03:55:49 PM »
Interesting.  Back in the day RF used to claim that the umpteen Caribbean Championships that T&T had never mattered because Jamaica would win when it REALLY MATTERED i.e. WCQ.

Now he talkin bout "From all other perspectives, that is debatable".  Where was that "from all other perspectives" lyrics when we was rackin up Caribbean title after Caribbean title?

Wha perspectives yuh referrin to RF?  Your Digicel Cup win & perhaps subsequent 2nd round appearance in the Gold Cup?  Perhaps your 5-0 thrashing by OZ?  Thought those things didn't "matter"?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2005, 04:00:25 PM »
RF why yuh just doe say thanks yuh gettin to eat a food.

If it wasnt for we you wouldnt of even get a offer from Bahrain nor England.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »
RF why yuh just doe say thanks yuh gettin to eat a food.
If it wasnt for we you wouldnt of even get a offer from Bahrain nor England.

I am greatful! We did play a couple prep games vs teams that qualified for thelast world cup the last time....and in fact, wedo manage to organize games on our own from time to time. Playing England could be directly attributed to you, but playing France is not!. BTW, why you guys not playing a game vs Ja? Didnt we play you twice when we qualified for the world cup? in fact we went on a mini caribbean tour stopping in St. Kitts and Antigua

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2005, 04:39:36 PM »
Notice how RF conveniently ignore Palos post above

Also watch how he slyly slip een ah knock on TnT below....

Ah just highlighting for de new men who doh know how RF does operate

No need to respond RF....

When Jamaica qualified for France, the same situation could have arisen for your team to provide warm ups for the teams in Jamaica's group. The fact that these teams didnt come knocking on your doors is another matter. At the end of teh day, its good for Caribbean football. Fibally football in the islands are getting some recognition on teh world stage.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2005, 04:40:13 PM »
Interesting.  Back in the day RF used to claim that the umpteen Caribbean Championships that T&T had never mattered because Jamaica would win when it REALLY MATTERED i.e. WCQ.

Now he talkin bout "From all other perspectives, that is debatable".  Where was that "from all other perspectives" lyrics when we was rackin up Caribbean title after Caribbean title?

Wha perspectives yuh referrin to RF?  Your Digicel Cup win & perhaps subsequent 2nd round appearance in the Gold Cup?  Perhaps your 5-0 thrashing by OZ?  Thought those things didn't "matter"?

I never mentioned anything about that Copa Caribe title Jamaica won. I never placed alot of wighting on that tournament. What I was making reference to is that even though Jamaica is out of teh Hex, many teams in CONCACAF still see Jamaica as a stronmger unit than T&T! Check the results in friendly games played at all levels, from under-15 coming right up over the years.  

In international football, sometimes you lose heavily, and sometimes you do well. You move from a position where you beat the likes of Bulgaria nd hold the world champs to a tie, to losing 5-0 to Australia. such is the nature of the game of football. Question is, do you think the current T&T squad could beat Jamaica 5-0 also? Highly unlikely.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2005, 04:40:32 PM »
whether ja play dem or not, it doh matter, we in de world cup, we playin de czech rep, which are miles ahead of england in form, i think we will b ready, is whether england is ready 4 de shock of their lives?

What in our recent football history makes you belive that our beloved T&T can shock England? I like your positive thinking but lets not get carried away here.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2005, 04:46:25 PM »

What in our recent football history makes you belive that our beloved T&T can shock England? I like your positive thinking but lets not get carried away here.

Football fans here are sometimes naive. But that is allowed. Football is football, the ball is round. anything can happen. But beating England in a world cup game is not as easy as beating Mexico in T&T, or beating Bharan 1-0 in Bahrain. again, Trinidad needs to take it one step at a time. I noticed that you wonmt be playing more than about 5 warm up games between now and the finals. Not enough in my mind. But again, its hard to keep a squad together. Jamaica had only about 3 overseas based players when they qualified for the world cup and during teh time leading up to the finals. the team was constantly togeter throughout. When is the next time the squad meet up for any sort of trining? March next year? alot could chnage during that time. This is a problem unique not onlyto T&T, but to many of the other teams in the finals.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2005, 09:11:12 AM »
In international football, sometimes you lose heavily, and sometimes you do well. You move from a position where you beat the likes of Bulgaria nd hold the world champs to a tie, to losing 5-0 to Australia. such is the nature of the game of football. Question is, do you think the current T&T squad could beat Jamaica 5-0 also? Highly unlikely.

RF no disrespect , yu know de love I have for JA but after getting spanked by a cricket side I tink sey TNT could put 10 innah de reggaeboyz right now wid ease.... I remember when JA got 9 against Costa rica and I nearly commit sucide but getting 5 from Australia was worst I nearly kick up mi cricket partner after dat game....... Jamaican National team right now is no competition to anyone..maybe a competetion wid teams like Guatemala ... Dominica ..Puerto rico ..but right now wid de wey Ja team being coached and playing I feal sey Panama lil bwoy team Dat went to Bahrain could put 5 easy in dem..JA needs fi stop tink dem big team now..emagine dat last game against U.S.A ..De us played wid a girls team and JA couldnt take advantage..I being real,.. Reggaeboyz cya even beat de Reggaegirls right now...JFF needs a change and overhaul right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2005, 10:35:44 AM »
 RIGHT NOW I PISSING ON A POSTER OF THE REGGAE "BRITZ".....STRAIGHT ON LOWE FACE.....SHIT HE f**kIN SELF IN LONDON.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>