April 26, 2024, 11:46:51 PM

Author Topic: Leave Jack Warner alone! says Earl "Mango" Pierre  (Read 3636 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Leave Jack Warner alone! says Earl "Mango" Pierre
« on: October 29, 2008, 01:08:53 AM »
Coop's...yuh sure yuh doh go by dah name in de US?  ;D

Source: Trinidad Guardian

It is amazing how Jack Warner is being blamed for the state of our football in this country says Earl “Mango” Pierre, president of the T&T Football Players Association in Brooklyn, New York.

After reading the recent newspaper article by ex-national coach Everard “Gally” Cummings, Pierre said he had to agree with “Gally” to a certain extent but he blamed individuals like himself (Gally), Warren Archibald, Leroy de Leon, Steve David, Noel “Sammy” Llewellyn and Ron La Forest and other great players like themselves who did not start the Players Association in T&T a very long time ago.

These former nationals knew the individual (Jack) that they were dealing with and it took 16 players last year to stand up for what is right.

Some of the other players did not revolt because Jack has them in his pocket. All this madness with the football would not have been taking place if these players like Gally stated the Players Association.

I understand that Gally is hurting because he is no longer considered to be part of the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) national coaching staff, and if we had qualified in 1989, none of this would have been said.

Like all the others, he would have been a hero, made his money, and said nothing.

Gally also has to understand great coaches get fired for one reason or the other so he should not take it so personal. 

One thing I agree with him on is that all great players, or all former national players, should be given a pass for life to attend the matches.

Gally also has to remember that it was not Jack Warner who was the coach of the Strike Squad in 1989. He was the one who coached the team and made the decision not to play our No 1 goalkeeper Earl “Spiderman” Carter, our No 1 midfielder Hudson “Baba” Charles and forward Maurice Alibey. I still can’t understand Gally’s move, after following the team during the qualifications, and to Los Angeles where I witnessed a great come back to draw the match against the Americans.

And, of course, Hudson “Baba” Charles scoring the goal and after running straight to me in the stands to get the jersey off my back that I had promise to give to him if he had scored the goal. This was normal of me because I love to give players incentives.

How can any coach leave out the best playmaker on the team? Why did Leo Beenhakker leave out the little “Magician” Russell Latapy, our No 1 player and playmaker, as well? 

In the return match on November 19, 1989, when I saw the line-up and Carter was not in goal and “Baba” and Alibey not on the field, I told Tansley Thompson my good friend who was standing next to me that something was wrong ..... that was not the team that gave the Americans a run for their money.

My question was how can a team be changed up so drastically in such a short space of time. Up to this day, I still believe that we sold out the match.

Thanks to Jack and the position that he has in FIFA, we made it to the 2006 World Cup, and, if he recently said that we are going to South Africa, we are going.

Pierre said that he hopes that the match T&T won against America a fortnight ago, broke that jinx that they (the Americans) had on us for so many years.

The only problem I have with Jack is that if he promise the players money give them what was promised. I only hope that the players wouldn’t take Jack’s word for granted in the future, but rather let him put it in writing and sign on the dotted line.

Players should be the centre of all activities and they should be first in almost everything.

Thanks to TTFF, and Gally back in 1989, they brought a real World Cup atmosphere to our country and I will never forget that experience when I also took part by demonstrating my skills with the ball at half time - I did it for the team and the love that I always had for Gally, whom I consider as one of the best players I have seen locally. I must say ‘one must never bit the hands that feed you’.”

As I said before, our football is in a mess and we need to put aside our differences and work together for the future of our children, grandchildren, flag and country.

Let us not allow petty jealousies, rumours and squabbles create a rift which evil forces can use to destroy us all. Let us all commit ourselves to seeking that which is for the common good. For if individual and selfish desires are allowed to cloud our sense of unity and judgment the outcome will be collective destruction. Let us always remember that the courage of our convictions will enable us to reach the desired goal no matter how distant it may seem.

The road may be long and rocky, the climb may be high and steep but if we persevere, we shall overcome all the obstacles and we shall get there sooner than we think. 

Earl “Mango” Pierre

New York, USA

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leave Jack Warner alone! says Earl "Mango" Pierre
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 03:18:26 AM »
Coop's...yuh sure yuh doh go by dah name in de US?  ;D

Source: Trinidad Guardian

It is amazing how Jack Warner is being blamed for the state of our football in this country says Earl “Mango” Pierre, president of the T&T Football Players Association in Brooklyn, New York.

After reading the recent newspaper article by ex-national coach Everard “Gally” Cummings, Pierre said he had to agree with “Gally” to a certain extent but he blamed individuals like himself (Gally), Warren Archibald, Leroy de Leon, Steve David, Noel “Sammy” Llewellyn and Ron La Forest and other great players like themselves who did not start the Players Association in T&T a very long time ago.

These former nationals knew the individual (Jack) that they were dealing with and it took 16 players last year to stand up for what is right.

Some of the other players did not revolt because Jack has them in his pocket. All this madness with the football would not have been taking place if these players like Gally stated the Players Association.

I understand that Gally is hurting because he is no longer considered to be part of the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) national coaching staff, and if we had qualified in 1989, none of this would have been said.

Like all the others, he would have been a hero, made his money, and said nothing.

Gally also has to understand great coaches get fired for one reason or the other so he should not take it so personal. 

One thing I agree with him on is that all great players, or all former national players, should be given a pass for life to attend the matches.

Gally also has to remember that it was not Jack Warner who was the coach of the Strike Squad in 1989. He was the one who coached the team and made the decision not to play our No 1 goalkeeper Earl “Spiderman” Carter, our No 1 midfielder Hudson “Baba” Charles and forward Maurice Alibey. I still can’t understand Gally’s move, after following the team during the qualifications, and to Los Angeles where I witnessed a great come back to draw the match against the Americans.

And, of course, Hudson “Baba” Charles scoring the goal and after running straight to me in the stands to get the jersey off my back that I had promise to give to him if he had scored the goal. This was normal of me because I love to give players incentives.

How can any coach leave out the best playmaker on the team? Why did Leo Beenhakker leave out the little “Magician” Russell Latapy, our No 1 player and playmaker, as well? 

In the return match on November 19, 1989, when I saw the line-up and Carter was not in goal and “Baba” and Alibey not on the field, I told Tansley Thompson my good friend who was standing next to me that something was wrong ..... that was not the team that gave the Americans a run for their money.

My question was how can a team be changed up so drastically in such a short space of time. Up to this day, I still believe that we sold out the match.

Thanks to Jack and the position that he has in FIFA, we made it to the 2006 World Cup, and, if he recently said that we are going to South Africa, we are going.

Pierre said that he hopes that the match T&T won against America a fortnight ago, broke that jinx that they (the Americans) had on us for so many years.

The only problem I have with Jack is that if he promise the players money give them what was promised. I only hope that the players wouldn’t take Jack’s word for granted in the future, but rather let him put it in writing and sign on the dotted line.

Players should be the centre of all activities and they should be first in almost everything.

Thanks to TTFF, and Gally back in 1989, they brought a real World Cup atmosphere to our country and I will never forget that experience when I also took part by demonstrating my skills with the ball at half time - I did it for the team and the love that I always had for Gally, whom I consider as one of the best players I have seen locally. I must say ‘one must never bit the hands that feed you’.”

As I said before, our football is in a mess and we need to put aside our differences and work together for the future of our children, grandchildren, flag and country.

Let us not allow petty jealousies, rumours and squabbles create a rift which evil forces can use to destroy us all. Let us all commit ourselves to seeking that which is for the common good. For if individual and selfish desires are allowed to cloud our sense of unity and judgment the outcome will be collective destruction. Let us always remember that the courage of our convictions will enable us to reach the desired goal no matter how distant it may seem.

The road may be long and rocky, the climb may be high and steep but if we persevere, we shall overcome all the obstacles and we shall get there sooner than we think. 

Earl “Mango” Pierre

New York, USA

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:43:05 AM »
Mango, well look thing,

Mango is like a small version of Jack.

but I will give him this, he really love he football.

I is a man play football under mango for years and I could tell you he is real tears.
As far as drama goes Jack dont want nothing with Mango.

Big up to Mango!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:56:52 AM »
Mango, well look thing,

I is a man play football under mango for years and I could tell you he is real tears.

Big up to Mango!
        :devil: :devil:you make me laugh,you know the man boy,Mango has a Football tabanka, he did not get an opportunity to shine on the big stage so he creates all kinds of situations to highlight himself,what's good about him is that he is well known and knows everybody in Football circles,to give you all the kind of person Mango is,he was Police number one player but never played for Police.
        Any how Palos this is not me :shameonyou:   

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:11:19 AM »
Mango, well look thing,

Big up to Mango!
        :devil: :devil:you make me laugh,you know the man boy,Mango has a Football tabanka, he did not get an opportunity to shine on the big stage so he creates all kinds of situations to highlight himself,what's good about him is that he is well known and knows everybody in Football circles,to give you all the kind of person Mango is,he was Police number one player but never played for Police.

Would you mind elaborating on that? :-)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
Mango, well look thing,

Big up to Mango!

Mango was Police number one everything,when they have a game he was first to be there,he handled their equipment,water,i'm not sure if he used to drive Police Bus,he even used to be on the bench when they short,always warm up with the team etc etc

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »
Like Mango looking for some ah Jack dollars !!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
He does have ah point! gally , archibald and the rest did nothing to develope football after them, they left it too the wind , but complain about jack dread.

sammy does boycot all the games by standing outside the stadium with ah plaqecard, i'm sorry but that ain't hurting jack in the least.

he's right ! them men should've @ least started the players union! maybe if they did we would'nt have had ah black list.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »

These minor things usually eh important but why this part sound like he went that first game and went into a coma until November 19.  Maurice save in more games than Carter between those 2 matches and he was doing a good job.  And I eh sure it was no short space of time either...seem like a real long time to me...had ALL our other games in between.  And the journalist rename Hudson cuz he score against the Yanks or wha?   :rotfl:

Sound like he just needed more info since he away cuz otherwise he have a fair idea of the overall picture to base his opinions.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »
Dat mango eh no julie or starch it eh even good 4 chow.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »
I kyah believe what mango have to say make news ???

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »
He does have ah point! gally , archibald and the rest did nothing to develope football after them, they left it too the wind , but complain about jack dread.

sammy does boycot all the games by standing outside the stadium with ah plaqecard, i'm sorry but that ain't hurting jack in the least.

he's right ! them men should've @ least started the players union! maybe if they did we would'nt have had ah black list.
      Mango don't know what he talking about,we tried starting a players union years ago even Edie Hart was involved and the same thing that happening to this one is the same problems we had and men gave up,that's why i know we waisting our time with this players union thing and wearing black as long as Jack is around.
       He talking about Gally and Archie and them did nothing to develope Football after them,anybody ever develope anybody in T&T Football?players develope by the grace of God and people claim responsibility for them,it's the reason our Football will always be hit and miss,we always guessing who better than who,nobody eh better all of them is the same thing just hope the Coach picks them.
       We have to understand in Gally and them time footballers were not paid as they do now,they were the first set of players to get opportunities to play professionally,they paved the road for what is to follow,what we want them to do?stay home to develope T&T Football for nothing?these guys were pioneers the first to expose us to the world in Football.  

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
I with you on this one Coops!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 02:45:55 AM »

Mango don't know what he talking about,we tried starting a players union years ago even Edie Hart was involved and the same thing that happening to this one is the same problems we had and men gave up,that's why i know we waisting our time with this players union thing and wearing black as long as Jack is around.
       He talking about Gally and Archie and them did nothing to develope Football after them,anybody ever develope anybody in T&T Football?players develope by the grace of God and people claim responsibility for them,it's the reason our Football will always be hit and miss,we always guessing who better than who,nobody eh better all of them is the same thing just hope the Coach picks them.
       We have to understand in Gally and them time footballers were not paid as they do now,they were the first set of players to get opportunities to play professionally,they paved the road for what is to follow,what we want them to do?stay home to develope T&T Football for nothing?these guys were pioneers the first to expose us to the world in Football.  
fair enough.                                      positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 04:09:42 AM »

Thanks Coops , mango in his dementia was too silly for me to reply
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 05:28:32 AM »
 Mango is a shithound

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 07:05:09 AM »

All who have benifitted, still benifitting or hope to benifit from Jack's purse strings say very little against Jack or the football situation at home or says it anonymously on different forums (like this one).  Those who have pretty much given up on benefitting or have the game and the country's best interest at hand are the ones doing the talking.  Facing the facts some see obviuous benefits to staying close to Jack and toeing the line.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

giggsy11

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 08:18:51 AM »
Mango, well look thing,

Big up to Mango!

Mango was Police number one everything,when they have a game he was first to be there,he handled their equipment,water,i'm not sure if he used to drive Police Bus,he even used to be on the bench when they short,always warm up with the team etc etc

Earl Pierre-Yep, I grew up around the guy. I actually started seriously working out due to him-gave me my first jump rope (leather) which I still have today.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »
Earl “Mango” Pierre is a blasted smart man, he cant fool Jack. Is money he after.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 11:15:05 AM »
Earl “Mango” Pierre is a blasted smart man, he cant fool Jack. Is money he after.

Me eh business about de thread nah, I just want tuh big up Sam fuh dat avatar. Ah wasn't around for a while, so a now have a few minutes to browse around and see waz up. Let me look around and see if any thing else is new. Well Sam and Andre have meh vote so far, ah always kept saying we should have a vote for de best avatars round here, seriously. Cuz some members are really creative, if ah should use dat word (creative). Well I does mostly go off on de avatars wid de females in dem, cuz is women we does deal wid round here, we not on de bullahman thing (bullate). HIGHLY BLESSED.

On ah different note, ah notice is only Supa dat dos talk about de elections or may be ah wrong ah check de other parts of de forum for dat topic. Or may be is only me dat mashing up de peole thread with politics, while de USA based, probable having dat discussion on another part of de forum  :-\. Well ah know everyone ah de USA base feeling de effects ah de economy, I still have my job, house and does have meh lil hustle going on in promotion and wid de Enterprise and still feeling de damn pressure. But I'm thankful and delighted for what ever Allah give me (give thanks). So wid dat said, de USA base probably prefer not to comment openly like me or most of all yuh here are not legal in de people country and scared and embarrassed to speak.

Well hear meh nah, yuh know ah have meh crew and we legal, so ah go pull up some ah all yuh info, and hold on to it and when yuh give meh any kind ah fack up talk on de forum, ah go send immigration in yuh azz, so yuh if yuh know yuh doh have yuh papers be nice and stay in yuh corner quiet  :rotfl:.

My people ah just playing wid all yuh man, seriously ah just playing man. Ah just happy to be here wid all yuh again, so ah just having meh lil fun. Where are does be ah cah play like dis, is serious business over there, so allow de Supa tuh free up nah  ;) ;D. On a real serious note, nuff respect to all my USA base people here, we are going through de some pain one way or de other. Respect and blessings to my T&T people, Jamaicans and de entire Caribbean dat are here, but may not have their papers straight. Don't worry we all came here to have a better life for ourselves and our families, so good luck to you and stay strong. I know you have to be feeling it 2, cuz yesterday I met people in de line, dat were waiting 2 vote, whom are US citizens and they are unemployed. Well if yuh selling dat thing by de corner, yuh probable laughing, cuz politics and my post may not affect you. To each his own, so big up still. To the people dat are not blessed wid dat opportunity to vote, don't feel left out, you can get involved in dis election 2, it is not too late. It is dis simple, de family member or members yuh staying wid dat cud vote, get behind dem and make sure dey vote, yuh neighbours, friends, etc, get dem involve. Yeterday I saw a bus droping off college kids from their schools, so dat dey cud vote. People get wise now, even de teenagers. You never know, a change might be a change for you 2, member it just cannot get worse dan what it is right now.

I have never been so involved in any election before and dis my 4th election dat I have voted in. For who may care, I came off a flight yesterday, went to vote, went home, watch some basketball and most importantly I looked at Mr. Bill Clinton endorsing de boss(Mr.Obama) big time at a Rally in Florida. I was suppose to be at dat rally, but I had to skip dat. Den I went to my job at de airport do hours. Den ah loged on here and enjoying de forum. Guess what, ah getting off de forum and I'm going to pick 2 of my bois in Miami and we going to a Homeless shelter and assist with taking some people dat cud vote. Dis is not a game people, it is serious. Blessings to one and all, until I log in again. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:34:57 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 05:41:52 AM »
it takes all kinds.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>