April 25, 2024, 12:28:04 AM

Author Topic: Bust it like Beckham - Donovan ready to go  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bust it like Beckham - Donovan ready to go
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »
but i now hear ah report on E! that Posh SPice signin ah big contract tuh star in ah reality series in Italy
so i feel we eh seein Becks in LA again

a reality show season talks a couple months to film.

calm dong

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
Former England captain Beckham had been a target of Milan before, in January 2007, but opted instead to move to Los Angeles from Real Madrid.

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has given the blessing for the midfielder to join up with his squad, and provide more competition for places.

Earlier this week LA Galaxy announced they have postponed their December tour of Australia because of Beckham's impending move to Italy.

LA Galaxy had been due to face the Queensland Roar on 11 December in Brisbane but will rearrange the fixture for a later date, yet to be confirmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7697377.stm

When yuh big yuh big yes

edit: oops. i now realise i post this in the donovan thread...say wha....it here already.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:16:21 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
I think Donovan has more than just pace. From what I can tell, he seems to have good technique and can use both feet. He can finish, and can run all day when motivated. But he definitely stunted his development by crying his way out of Europe twice, although it was probably for the best gven his mental state. last chance for him. If he is a quick learner, he will do well cuz he has the tools to put in a useful shift at a decent UEFA Cup level team. I doh think plenty of them ballers who doing well in Europe all that special (relative to a player like Landon that is). he needs to fall into a team that plays to his strengths and have a coaching staff that believes in him. I guessing that is 90% of the recipe for success right there

Which team going and build around... or focus their offense on Donovan at this point?  He going Europe for going Europe sake... to play with some low-level team?  We'll see what the market says... but call me a skeptic at this point.

As usual youre talking a whole lot of shit. Donovan just has pace? Are you that daft or do you simply not pay attention when watching football? Donovan's pace compliments his vision, anticipation, passing, finishing, touch, acceleration, and his overall intelligence on the pitch. He is easily America's best ever outfield player and can well succeed in a top European league.
Hart for president

1]; } ?>