April 25, 2024, 01:37:59 AM

Author Topic: Your Greatest Football Memory!!!  (Read 11888 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Your Greatest Football Memory!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »
My favourite football memory wud have to be back in 2000 intercol season. i tink da was scott sealy & odogwa last year. CIC v eldo up in d velodrome. Rain packin it down hard, stands full half eldo, half cic. we (cic) was down 2-0 in the 2nd half. cuz marin keep running out the box wit d ball and get call for a fk & d man buss we net. then eldo get a pen early in the 2nd half to make it 2. Coach man (martin) had make a sub (cyah remember who) but that had change the game. boom we come back 2-2  game gone into extra time and we runnin d show now, man out in d rain eh cyah bout d cuss dey go get from maxi driver & ting to go home makin rel noise wit d riddim section. a man grab d big cic flag and make a lap of the cycle track all kinda ting. in both halves of extra time we manage to roll d ball across the face of goal inside the 6yrd box without even gettin a touch to seal d game. game went into penalties & we loss, talk bout heartbreak!!! da hadda be my best memory.

Kev..me eh understand how you go say dat was yuh best memory. Hear nah..dat game was real tears. Man bussing bullet and ting....and eldo have de wind at dey back....a man buss a shot overbars.....it blow back into play and ting. When we pull back dat second one.....hear nah.....me eh kno wha de ass get in my head to pick up dat flag...buh i going..rel pace round de veledrome. I reach half way around de field.....i see dis THICK eldo clip comin...i say...oh forque...buh i cyar turn back. I jus put down my head....and REL PACE....i see flag pole pelt at me....kick..cuff..bottle...buh me eh get hit..and i make it thru..and back to we side.......Rel tears...we loss on penalties..del pino own was  de last one..hit underside of de bar and bounce on de line......i cry.

Playing now.....Church camp...we gone tobago...we in Scarborough....gone up Charlotteville to play a next camp. Me and my gyal at de time was kinda sour..so i just taking up de time sweating at every juncture...so i ready and keyed up. Maxi ride to Charlotteville......i listening to soca..fifa tunes....ready like freddie. As i come out de maxi..a woman from dat church bawl...."OH GORM...DEY BRING HENRY FUH WE YES!!"....i try to play it humble and ting buh i ready like a beast fuh dis. Game start....i hit a man a belt and as he running me down i pull it back clean through he legs. Den a cross come in i fake de defender...knock it over de keeper head.....and de ball bouncing and i saying...AYE..DOH MISS...take a deep breath and tap it in. Well confidence start to grow. Rel beat sharing...i admit i real overdo it....drawing men to me and den some cheeky pass to my other team mates. Dey get fed up....dey put dis man bout 6'5" and strapping to mark me...man only pushing me off de ball. My brethrin play a ball...i take it on my chest....de man push me in my back....and as i move foward...i jus hit it a backheel..clean through the man legs........dart around...me and keeper.....pick a corner and finish. Dey getting fustrated now.....a man handle de ball in de centre.....deliberate...i jus put down de ball....my brethrin stand up over it...den he look back and see me sizing it up...so he say..yuh takin it? i say yeh. Three steps.....clean in de V's...well boy....dey want to dead. After de game i sitting down and taking in de limelight...some girls from dat camp coming round me and talking....my gyal come and sit down right next me and start wiping sweat off my face and petting me up and calling me babes...dat was like de icing on de cake.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2008, 08:51:18 AM »
Back in early 80's ... CIC vs Trinity @ Fatima Grounds for promotion after CIC got demoted ... first year Martin was coach of 1st XI (i think).  Brian Hackette, Gunzy (Big), Stephen. Rocke to name a few ... that was a game that defined saints for a few years in the 80's.

Densil White ... beating men in Petite Valley (7 or 9 aside games) ... close to panyard.  Not even sure that still there!

Ricardo Aleong playing in sunshine snacks tournament u-11 or u-14 i think.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
I have been in football for so long and I must admit plenty plenty memories. But my best
memory was actually painful. Skinner park just put in lights and it was the opening of football
under lights. So they had a North vs South, but before that they had an U14 game. Bert Neptune,
Michael Maurice was on my  U14 squad. Game start  just before the sun went down and we playing sweet sweet before crowd and ting. Every move we make on ah man, crowd gorn up, so man just wetting man beats.
Well ah dance on ah man and crown bawl and as ah legging it to get away, he come in from behind
like ah brushing cutlass and clean meh up. Game done fuh me. While ah in pain on the ground and coach and team mates helping me off. Braps the lights come on, crowd roar and to tell the truth tears run down meh face. Trust me it was not for pain.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2008, 04:35:05 PM »
Greatest football memory?

my 2007-08 season in the andre samuel league...

the way i call out men by name and deal with them one by one like ah general... De masterstrokes.. Giving gallas de captaincy, scharner de captaincy.. de 'mash up and buy back' move to sell ronaldo and buy him back de week after..

how ah make de eventual winner tremble in de last gameweek with ah transfer de likes of which have never been seen in the history of the game.. come within ah 4pts of glory...

some great memories! lol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »
This one isnot a great memory but experience,my sister had a friend whose father was the comissioner of Prisons at Carera,they wanted to invite a team of Footballers for a day which included playing a game against the prisoners over there,knowing my sister had brothers that played the game invited me to come along,at first i hesitated because of who we were going to play but then they convinced me that everything will be alright.
I was nervous from the time i entered that boat that took us across there,could you imagine the man that was tyeing up the boat when it came in was Mano,they tell me look Mano over there i eh even look,i just wanted to play the game and get out,but it turned out better than i expected,lots of security and the guys we played against were better than i thought,as the game went i settled and my game got better because they were not that physical etc etc and after realizing who i was i became an instant hero,one thing though was that it seem they dye their uniform and rain fell that day so at the end we were all the same colour,i must say if T&T wants a good ground to play on they should check that ground over there it's better than the HCS.   

Coop's this had to be rel long ago, cause the pitch at Carrera have not a drop of grass on it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2008, 08:21:52 AM »
This one isnot a great memory but experience,my sister had a friend whose father was the comissioner of Prisons at Carera,they wanted to invite a team of Footballers for a day which included playing a game against the prisoners over there,knowing my sister had brothers that played the game invited me to come along,at first i hesitated because of who we were going to play but then they convinced me that everything will be alright.
I was nervous from the time i entered that boat that took us across there,could you imagine the man that was tyeing up the boat when it came in was Mano,they tell me look Mano over there i eh even look,i just wanted to play the game and get out,but it turned out better than i expected,lots of security and the guys we played against were better than i thought,as the game went i settled and my game got better because they were not that physical etc etc and after realizing who i was i became an instant hero,one thing though was that it seem they dye their uniform and rain fell that day so at the end we were all the same colour,i must say if T&T wants a good ground to play on they should check that ground over there it's better than the HCS.   

Coop's this had to be rel long ago, cause the pitch at Carrera have not a drop of grass on it.

Not only that part about the ground....de man say Mano was tying up the boat  :o
....as in MANO BENJAMIN  :o  ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2008, 05:20:37 PM »
Sweden vs T&T  0-0, and someone saying"The game was better than sex."  ::) :joker: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

giggsy11

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »
Worse - losing tuh  the  states  when all we needed was a draw. The clutch wins on the way tuh Germany.the proudest - first match against Sweden . Any matches with my brothers, playing small goal on Manzanilla beach.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »
I will never forget that experience... we play Presentation in de next round and it was even worse... I remember they pelt down we bus and all kinda ting... but what an atmosphere... We win 3-2 on a golden goal... we wanted to play all we games down south after that...

Remember that game vividly. Was in the crowd for that game. One of the early years for multi-coloured boots.

The schools from north used to have full brass bands singing real PC songs. The teams from south used to have everything that could run a riddim. While I never played in Intercol, I never missed Intercol. I beat iron, buss bass drum, play bugle, blow whistle, scratch grater. One year I remember we were playing CIC at CIC, and when we reach we buss out some riddim and make up some chants that had town people jaw drop to the ground and cover they children ears with they hands. That will forever live as the greatest footballing memories I have - even though my license plate says TT0 SWE0.

I had plenty pardners playing for various teams, and they would tell me that they could hear EVERYTHING that was going on in the stands. Some of them used to even say that they wish they could experience watching a game from the stands with in a true Intercol environment. The most legendary fights buss out in the stands. I see a man get throw off the side of the old stands in Skinner Park when I was in Form 1. Literally pick up and pelt over. I remember lighting Benedicts banner on fire after they had burn the original Presentation Forever banner when I was in Form 2. Scratchbomb was normal normal. If your team win, you better be going home with a big squad otherwise is fight. If you win or you lose, brace for the sprangers waiting to tax men after the game. Girls. Girls from every school in every uniform. Girls.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>