April 20, 2024, 05:51:52 AM

Author Topic: Where is Jayerson  (Read 2605 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where is Jayerson
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:22:38 PM »
He is one of the most  analytical of posters on this board.  Have not seen his analysis of the Guat game,  or the Costa Rica game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:45:46 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Jayerson
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 06:05:50 AM »
He is one of the most  analytical of posters on this board.  Have not seen his analysis of the Guat game,  or the Costa Rica game.

I'm here just busy at work. I was in Curacao for the whole year until the Friday before the Guatemala game, I was there in the stadium and my voice got hoarse. My girflriend went to the Costa Rica game with CL Financial, most people who was present at the game thought T&T did not play too badly and suspect the surface had a role though not too significant. I watched the game on T.V. and agree with most of the posts of the forumites.

Last WCQ when Panama was knocked out early we played their home game in Trinidad, anyone knows if this is possible this time round or would it give us an unfair advantage and teams will make a fuss if such a thing is done. Both the T&T and Panama football federations would benefit financially from a move like that and the option should be explored if possible.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 07:30:18 AM »
Both the T&T and Panama football federations would benefit financially from a move like that and the option should be explored if possible.

How would Panama benefit financially by playing their home game in Trinidad? I do beleieve football fans in Panama are more patriotic than those in Trinidad...hence bigger gate reciepts.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:36:04 AM »
A little recap from dis ting.For the 1986 World Cup prelims T&T gave up their home game against de US in '84  for an estimated $48,000 US(presume) at that time.Both games were played at the Houston Astrodome I believe.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:38:22 AM »
Both the T&T and Panama football federations would benefit financially from a move like that and the option should be explored if possible.

How would Panama benefit financially by playing their home game in Trinidad? I do beleieve football fans in Panama are more patriotic than those in Trinidad...hence bigger gate reciepts.

I'm not sure what arrangement they made last time but last WCQ they did play their game in Trinidad, if there was no benefit to them then I believe they would not have done so. Although their football climate may have changed recently, particularly after the Gold Cup but with their world cup aspirations finished they may be tempted to look at other possibilities.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 08:53:53 AM »
I'm not sure what arrangement they made last time but last WCQ they did play their game in Trinidad, if there was no benefit to them then I believe they would not have done so. Although their football climate may have changed recently, particularly after the Gold Cup but with their world cup aspirations finished they may be tempted to look at other possibilities.

Believe me, no team in the Hex today will give up their home game to Trinidad or any other team for that matter for financial gain.
Panama is perhaps right about now licking their chops at playing Trinidad at home, as they may see it as their easiest game of the Hex, and poosibly the only one in which they can pick up their first three home points. 

Panama is by no means a poor country, I doubt money will be their priority at the moment.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 10:45:23 AM »

Believe me, no team in the Hex today will give up their home game to Trinidad or any other team for that matter for financial gain.
Panama is perhaps right about now licking their chops at playing Trinidad at home, as they may see it as their easiest game of the Hex, and poosibly the only one in which they can pick up their first three home points. 

Panama is by no means a poor country, I doubt money will be their priority at the moment.

Ok RF let dem lick dey chops.  Most hungry man does dream about food, then dey does wake up. Panama right now have been brought back down to earth.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 10:56:06 AM »
That lasttime Panama switched their home game to Trini, what were the impications for the other qualifying teams???  I cannot see the game being moved to Trini, us winning and Guat being ok with this move!!!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 11:48:07 AM »

Ok RF let dem lick dey chops.  Most hungry man does dream about food, then dey does wake up. Panama right now have been brought back down to earth.

Hats off to Panama still. Its a bonus to them that they reached this far in the competition, and also got to the finals of the Gold Cup, something both Jamaica, Trinidad and a number of the more seasoned CONCACAF teams have not managed to do. Panama ha good players, the thing with them is that they are incostistent. They could turn up on theday and beat a team lik eColumbia, and then lose 2-0 the next day to Trinidad.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 11:56:07 AM »
Rf haul yuh backside.

Yuh could say de same ting bout T&T den.

we beat ah big team like Panama and den lorse to Jamaica de nex.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 12:24:58 PM »
Rf haul yuh backside.
Yuh could say de same ting bout T&T den.
we beat ah big team like Panama and den lorse to Jamaica de nex.

No need to get emotional Truetrini. Jamaica's football is dormant at the time being. all eyes on Trinidad and Tobago for now. Believe me, if Jamaica had made the Hex, I wouldnt even be posting on this forum today, as I'd prehaps be making plans to travel to germany by now  ::).  I cant be too optimistic about Trinidad's chnace right now, as personally, I know how difficult it isto go to central America and win. So its up to te Warriors to make me eat my words, as well they might. I wont even attempt to predict the remaining results, as anything can happen in the remaining games. For th etime being, Im a Trini, at least until qualification starts for the 2010 world cup. Somethingtell me that half spot at least will be Jamaica's then.  ;D. Hows that for optimism.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:28:57 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 12:33:58 PM »
Believe me, if Jamaica had made the Hex, I wouldnt even be posting on this forum today, as I'd prehaps be making plans to travel to germany by now  ::)

well considering that Jamaica was eliminated by this very same Panama side that now has 2 points and is propping up the Hex... :-X

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 02:13:06 PM »
Believe me, if Jamaica had made the Hex, I wouldnt even be posting on this forum today, as I'd prehaps be making plans to travel to germany by now  ::)

well considering that Jamaica was eliminated by this very same Panama side that now has 2 points and is propping up the Hex... :-X

Thats how funny this game f Soccer is. One day Panama is beating Jamaiaca....the next they are losing to Guatemala. One day they are beating Columbia, the next they are being rough up by Trinidad.  Panama defeated Jamaica in Kingston purely by scoring two where Jamaica only scored one. Call it complacency if you like, but Jamaica had more than the lions share of posession, and scoring chances. Its not always the better team who win in a fotball game, its the team that needs the victory more that prevails sometimes. In WCQ games, you simply have to win your home games. Jamaica dropped some serious points at home in the earlier rounds, and managed to go through the round unbeaten on the road. Thats waterunder the bridge. I'm already looking forward to Soputh Africa 2010

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »
Would be interesting to see a Ja-TT game right about now though.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 06:29:06 AM »

Jamaica's current all local based squad could givethis T&T squad a run for their money. I'd love to see the local NPL based Reggae Boyz take on Trinidad in Trinidad.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 07:35:30 AM »

Jamaica's current all local based squad could givethis T&T squad a run for their money. I'd love to see the local NPL based Reggae Boyz take on Trinidad in Trinidad.

With a sorf team like JA in Trinidad...hence smaller gate reciepts. Maybe the bobsled team will pull a bigger crowd. ;)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 09:16:44 AM »

With a sorf team like JA in Trinidad...hence smaller gate reciepts. Maybe the bobsled team will pull a bigger crowd. ;)

True that....Play the game in Miami then or better yet, Kingston, since the Trini fans not really in the mood to spend their money to see Trinidad lose  :D.

I am not a fan of boblsed, so no comment there.

1]; } ?>