April 27, 2024, 10:13:50 AM

Author Topic: Dwarika is back!  (Read 11568 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwarika is back!
« on: October 31, 2008, 05:33:13 PM »
Recalls for Dwarika, Sealy as T&T prepare for Digicel challenge.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana has recalled United States-based striker Scott Sealy and Joe Public midfielder Arnold Dwarika to the National Senior Team for the upcoming Stage Two of the Digicel Caribbean Championships which starts here on Wednesday.

Sealy, 27, is scheduled to return to Trinidad today (Friday) and will join the team for its first training session on Saturday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Currently attached to San Jose Earthquakes where he finished the MLS season with five goals in twenty seven appearances. He played thirteen matches for Kansas City Wizards and another fourteen with San Jose.

Sealy told the Press in San Jose that he was considering options of a move to Europe for 2009.

"The club has done everything possible to keep me here, and I'll keep that in the back of my mind," said Sealy, as his son Dante stood by him. "But I've got a family to support, and in Europe there are a lot of opportunities where I think they are going to offer me a lot of money. I'm going to weigh my options, and then I'll make a sensible decision that's right for me and my family.

"I think every player, they want to experience more," he said. "That's nothing against (MLS). I think the league has grown a lot since I've been in the league for the past four years. It's grown a lot, and I think it's more competitive than it's ever been. I want to go there and try it out, and see if the situation is right. If it's not right, I'll be back here." If he leaves then wants to return, the Quakes own his rights.

The 35-year-old Dwarika is recorded as having twenty-seven goals in sixty nine appearances for T&T. Still a member of Joe Public, he won a T&T Pro League medal in 2006 with the “Eastern Lions” and also played overseas with Scottish club East Fife and Beijing Guoan of China

Meantime, Miami FC defender Avery John has been drafted back into the squad as a replacement for Daneil Cyrus while Keyeno Thomas has also been added having recovered from a calf injury. Coventry City midfielder Chris Birchall is out of the squad, being excuses as he explores the possibility of going on loan to another club in England.

Assistant coach Anton Corneal commented on the selection of the squad.

“It’s a well balanced squad which we have selected based on information coming our way and with us taking a look at these players in the local Pro League. This is also an opportunity for players who have been in an out of the national program to once again make an impression while wearing national colours and press for future selection. We don’t have the luxury of taking any Caribbean team for granted and it is important for us to win this Group and move on to the Finals, “Corneal told TTFF Media on Friday.

T&T takes on Antigua/Barbuda from 7pm on Wednesday in the second game of a double header in Group H action at the Marvin Lee Stadium. Guyana faces St Kitts/Nevis in the earlier game from 5pm. From this round robin phase, the top two teams will advance to the Grand Finals of the Digicel Caribbean Championship in Jamaica from December 3-14.

Once through to the finals of the Digicel Championship, T&T will fall into a Group with hosts Jamaica, Grenada, Cuba and Barbados.

The 2008 champions will earn a first prize of US$120,000. The runners-up pocket US$70,000 while US$50 000 goes to the third place team and US$30,000 for fourth position. The top four countries will also advance to next year’s Concacaf Gold Cup in the United States. (October 31,2008)

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers

Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Glenroy Samuel (United Petrotrin).

Defenders

Sean Power (Joe Public), Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Julius James (Toronto FC), Karlon Murray (San Juan Jabloteh), Lyndon Diaz (United Petrotrin), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force), Avery John (Miami FC), Keyeno Thomas (Joe public).

Midfielders

Khaleem Hyland (SV Zulte Waregem), Aurtis Whitley (W Connection), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Arnold Dawrika (Joe Public), Lester Peltier (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards

Scott Sealy (San Jose Earthquakes), Cornell Glen (San Juan Jabloteh), Andre Toussaint (W Connection), Devon Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (Joe Public).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:13:23 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: DWARIKA
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
Well look tinggggggg

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »
wheys....didnt see that coming
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »
That's good. If he stays fit the possibilties are endless.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
Has been recalled 4 Digi cup as well as Avery.

No Sancho?  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »

No Sancho?  8)

u like trouble yes  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
No u 4get u post dat he made a mistake in d game so dat disqulify him.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 06:17:36 PM »

good x2     I wish Sancho could get in  but i guess not

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

I merely reproduced an article by Lasana Liburd that made mention of that FACT my dear.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 06:26:34 PM »
How old is Dwarika?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »
this a good marketing call up..

need to generate some interest in the cup.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 06:40:32 PM »
i still would like to see Sealy called up and get some run outs with the national team
Hart for president

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
i still would like to see Sealy called up and get some run outs with the national team

Sealy has been recalled as well
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 06:46:10 PM »
All we need now is a lil "hardest" in the mix and TT cooking with some serious gas  :devil:

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »

I merely reproduced an article by Lasana Liburd that made mention of that FACT my dear.  8)

I dont know who worse..you or arrow.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 06:55:09 PM »
Sealy as well after I hear bout Dwarika I strt 2 post. Callin Patriot

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 06:56:07 PM »
The Hardest, please!!!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »
Wham to allyuh fellas boy, Hardest on trial "in Europe", allyuh eh hear? He eh have no time fuh Digicel.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana has recalled United States-based striker Scott Sealy and Joe Public midfielder Arnold Dwarika to the National Senior Team for the upcoming Stage Two of the Digicel Caribbean Championships which starts here on Wednesday.

Sealy, 27, is scheduled to return to Trinidad today (Friday) and will join the team for its first training session on Saturday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Currently attached to San Jose Earthquakes where he finished the MLS season with five goals in twenty seven appearances. He played thirteen matches for Kansas City Wizards and another fourteen with San Jose.

Sealy told the Press in San Jose that he was considering options of a move to Europe for 2009.

"The club has done everything possible to keep me here, and I'll keep that in the back of my mind," said Sealy, as his son Dante stood by him. "But I've got a family to support, and in Europe there are a lot of opportunities where I think they are going to offer me a lot of money. I'm going to weigh my options, and then I'll make a sensible decision that's right for me and my family.

"I think every player, they want to experience more," he said. "That's nothing against (MLS). I think the league has grown a lot since I've been in the league for the past four years. It's grown a lot, and I think it's more competitive than it's ever been. I want to go there and try it out, and see if the situation is right. If it's not right, I'll be back here." If he leaves then wants to return, the Quakes own his rights.

The 35-year-old Dwarika is recorded as having twenty-seven goals in sixty nine appearances for T&T. Still a member of Joe Public, he won a T&T Pro League medal in 2006 with the “Eastern Lions” and also played overseas with Scottish club East Fife and Beijing Guoan of China

Meantime, Miami FC defender Avery John has been drafted back into the squad as a replacement for Daneil Cyrus while Keyeno Thomas has also been added having recovered from a calf injury. Coventry City midfielder Chris Birchall is out of the squad, being excuses as he explores the possibility of going on loan to another club in England.

Assistant coach Anton Corneal commented on the selection of the squad.

“It’s a well balanced squad which we have selected based on information coming our way and with us taking a look at these players in the local Pro League. This is also an opportunity for players who have been in an out of the national program to once again make an impression while wearing national colours and press for future selection. We don’t have the luxury of taking any Caribbean team for granted and it is important for us to win this Group and move on to the Finals, “Corneal told TTFF Media on Friday.

T&T takes on Antigua/Barbuda from 7pm on Wednesday in the second game of a double header in Group H action at the Marvin Lee Stadium. Guyana faces St Kitts/Nevis in the earlier game from 5pm. From this round robin phase, the top two teams will advance to the Grand Finals of the Digicel Caribbean Championship in Jamaica from December 3-14.

Once through to the finals of the Digicel Championship, T&T will fall into a Group with hosts Jamaica, Grenada, Cuba and Barbados

The 2008 champions will earn a first prize of US$120,000. The runners-up pocket US$70,000 while US$50 000 goes to the third place team and US$30,000 for fourth position.  The top four countries will also advance to next year’s Concacaf Gold Cup in the United States. (October 31,2008)

T&T 23-manSquad for Digicel Stage Two

1. MARVIN PHILLIP          - W. CONNECTION
2. GLENROY SAMUEL       - UNITED. PETROTRIN
3. SEON POWER             - JOE PUBLIC
4. CYD GRAY                 - CLICO SAN JUAN JABLOTEH
5. MAKAN HISLOP           - U. PETROTRIN
6. JULIUS JAMES            - TORONTO F.C.
7. CARLON MURRAY         - JABLOTEH
8. LYNDON DIAZ              - U. PETROTRIN
9. AKLIE EDWARDS          - DEFENCE FORCE
10. KHALEEM HYLAND      - SV ZULTE WAREGEM
11. AURTIS WHITLEY       - W. CONNECTION
12. CLYDE LEON             - W. CONNECTION
13. ANTHONY WOLFE        - NORTH EAST STARS
14. SCOTT SEALY  -         SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
15. KEON DANIEL              - UNITED. PETROTRIN
16. LESTER PELTIER          - JABLOTEH
17. CORNELL GLEN            -JABLOTEH
18. JAMAL GAY                - JOE PUBLIC
19. ANDRE TOUSSAINT      - W CONNECTION
20. DEVON JORSLING        - DEFENCE FORCE
21. AVERY JOHN           -   MIAMI FC
22.ARNOLD DWARIKA –     JOE PUBLIC
23.KEYENO THOMAS –       JOE PUBLIC

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Recalls for Dwarika, Sealy as T&T prepare for Digicel challenge.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »
So who in d strtin 11

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 07:25:20 PM »
So who in d strtin 11

-------------------Phillip------

Cyd-------Makan----Julias------Avery

Wolfe-------Whitley---Hyland---Daniel

-------------Dwarika
--------------------Glenn

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
why dey really picking ah 35 yr old washed up horse like dwarika when yuh could groom ah up and coming youth like Guerra? steups

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »
Guerra whoooooooooooooo d fella who complain bout watchin d England game in d stand. Thomas b4 Hislop if u call Nari u have 2 play him

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »
never dierespect malick legends

mods delete this thread i'm offended
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
dwarika get call but Kerry baptiste cah make???
u kidding me??

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
dwarika b4 baptiste and guerra...
steupssss

them jokey yes!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »
I know 2morrow is all saints but dey bringin back players from d dead cyah c d sense

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »
Dwarika get call back now.  Wah de ass is dis.  4 out of every 5 pass Dwarika make does go to de opposing team.  Plus he cyah defend fuh nutten.  Give he spot to ah younger player.  

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 08:20:37 PM »
congrats to Dwarika... top class footballer...good luck
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>