April 28, 2024, 07:47:42 AM

Author Topic: Nathan Ellington  (Read 5407 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
How come Nathan Ellington eh get call up too?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 10:47:56 PM »
English-based striker heats up First Division

Striker Nathan Ellington, eligible to represent T&T, is currently heating up the English Championship League (First Division) having scored six goals in seven matches for table toppers Wigan Athletic.

Ellington has formed a lethal partnership with Grenadian striker Jason Roberts who has also been among the goals and both men netted doubles to guide Wigan to a 4-0 win over Sheffield United on the weekend to push them to the top of the table.

SOURCE

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How come Nathan Ellington eh get call up too?
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 10:50:08 PM »
Because he's not actually eligible.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
He wants to represent Bosnia, his wife is from there  ???  Bosnia's forwards all play top tier in Germany, Greece, and Belgium, so Ellington might have some trouble breaking in there anyway

Otherwise I think he's eligible for Jamaica, England, and Dominican Republic
DR could probably use his brother, Lee, though...he plays in Conference North with Stalybridge Celtic
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 01:23:44 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 01:45:56 AM »
This was discussed before, if I remember correctly he had a T&T Grandparent and many in the UK assumed that as according to UK law this would have made him eligible for T&T, began mouthin off about him being eligible...this was done before T&T was actually approached. We all know this is not the case in T&T and everything fell flat once the situation was properly checked.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 01:47:52 AM by Rodney »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 05:05:03 AM »
He wants to represent Bosnia, his wife is from there  ???  Bosnia's forwards all play top tier in Germany, Greece, and Belgium, so Ellington might have some trouble breaking in there anyway

DR could probably use his brother, Lee, though...he plays in Conference North with Stalybridge Celtic

Sorry, he couldnt make jamaica team with the strikers we have right now. Marlon King, Ricardo Fuller are playing at a higher level than him right now and doing better. Luton Shelton is scoring goals in Norway, and has something Ellington doesnt have : raw speed.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »

Sorry, he couldnt make jamaica team with the strikers we have right now. Marlon King, Ricardo Fuller are playing at a higher level than him right now and doing better. Luton Shelton is scoring goals in Norway, and has something Ellington doesnt have : raw speed.
When did I say he could?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »

When did I say he could?

Did you?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

were you got that info from
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 04:07:23 PM »

were you got that info from
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=com.microsoft%3A*%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7DKUS&q=ellington+jamaica+england+dominican&as_qdr=all

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan Ellington
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
Why would this guy want to play for TT after what was done to Chris Birchell. The first thing this guy has to bee told about TT football is Jack Warner at his own  peril.

1]; } ?>