March 28, 2024, 12:24:21 PM

Author Topic: De best football ground yuh ever play on.  (Read 7343 times)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De best football ground yuh ever play on.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
Highbury in a charity event, Arsenal training ground up north of London and the david Beckham academy (astro turf, enlcosed but nice with climate control)
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »
as soon as ah see de title ah know Forest ground woulda get mention in dis......yes the billiards table, the acre...oh and de men dem who mention de mud and size.....ground father ah tell yuh.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »
In Trinidad:
1.Carib
2. Witco
3. Forest Reserve

USA:
1. Little Italy Eastside off FDR
2. Caton

Germany:
Mannheim Army Base

Jamaica:
NONE
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
as soon as ah see de title ah know Forest ground woulda get mention in dis......yes the billiards table, the acre...oh and de men dem who mention de mud and size.....ground father ah tell yuh.

Yeah, Fyzo, but yuh didn't want nutting wit dem damned mosquito an dem dong in Forest either.   ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
The best for me have to be Carson-Newman, east Tennessee..

That is ah best ground. It have a small NAIA college in TN, called Martin Methodist College, the field like a pool table.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »
Hershey and Bermuda national stadium ah would say were de best grass fields. De Poorhouse and Trinity old field whey man used to sink in bad weather game is de worse. Dis thread shoulda be named " de best ground yuh play on and what excuse yuh come up with when yuh play shit on dat best ground "
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »
ah play at the ATO BOLDON last night under lights ( like i was under lights too)....decent surface...but the wild grass really take over de pitch...onlt little bit of turf...but was nice..
Darrin Lewis was one of me opponents...good technique... he said he is back in tnt working and playing with WASA...
doh ask me no results please
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 07:28:19 AM »
ah play at the ATO BOLDON last night under lights ( like i was under lights too)....decent surface...but the wild grass really take over de pitch...onlt little bit of turf...but was nice..
Darrin Lewis was one of me opponents...good technique... he said he is back in tnt working and playing with WASA...

what was de score?... ;D
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 07:54:20 AM »

sounds like yuh play against UEFA and get yuh ass wash. I go call  meh boy and ask him.

Best grounds I play on was CIC after the cricket world cup. They use it for a practice field and they had roll it and cut it. It was like playing on a carpet.

Worse ground had to be in the savannah. The field close to the archbishop house side, the goals was cyatacorner and the field itself was slanted added to a healthy serving of teamary and yuh have the makings of a disaster.

Més que un club.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »
DT...yea UEFA was the hosts...ass was washed...lol
allyuh host a 3 way last night also ??? ( CIDI)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »
A football pitch in Singapore stands out.....

(was floating in the harbour, it had nets all around to keep the ball from going out)

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

sounds like yuh play against UEFA and get yuh ass wash. I go call  meh boy and ask him.

Best grounds I play on was CIC after the cricket world cup. They use it for a practice field and they had roll it and cut it. It was like playing on a carpet.

Worse ground had to be in the savannah. The field close to the archbishop house side, the goals was cyatacorner and the field itself was slanted added to a healthy serving of teamary and yuh have the makings of a disaster.

we always used to cut & roll our ground dat eh nuttin new for the world cup. we even used to aerate the ground too. da ground always played like carpet!!! i never get a bad bounce all the years i play school ball there long b4 the world cup

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »

we always used to cut & roll our ground dat eh nuttin new for the world cup. we even used to aerate the ground too. da ground always played like carpet!!! i never get a bad bounce all the years i play school ball there long b4 the world cup

::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
The best football ground ah played on was Brichin Castle Caroni ground .big ground with ah nice turf .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »
Best on Trini soil ... HCS in its heyday ... during probably the worst attended match in stadium history (at least one man on here could attest to that) ... kicking ball on a regular field wid no setta crowd is one thing ... playing shit midweek at de HCS in front of empty seats is well ... forgettable. And it was ... until this thread.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:56:24 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 03:55:21 PM »
The best for me have to be Carson-Newman, east Tennessee..

That is ah best ground. It have a small NAIA college in TN, called Martin Methodist College, the field like a pool table.

I played there back in 1996 .. and the ground was immaculate, they wouldn't even let we warm up on the gorund, we had to use a warm up area behind the goal.. that area was prestine also....

Dont know about Martin Methodist gorund, I played NCAA so didn't come across too many NAIA colleges..but Carson Newman was close to we so we had a lil rivalry..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »
St. Joseph savannah! We always had it to ourselves!!!!!!

1]; } ?>