April 28, 2024, 08:47:07 AM

Author Topic: Still no respect for the Catalan Giants!!!  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Still no respect for the Catalan Giants!!!
« on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:09 AM »
Barca route Valencia 4-0 (including a hat trick from Henry) and nary a mention on the board.
As if it isn't EPL it eh good.

Barcelona 4-0 Valencia

Thierry Henry netted a hat-trick as Barcelona beat Valencia 4-0 with an exhilarating exhibition of total football at the Nou Camp in the Primera Liga.

Henry gave Barcelona the lead with a fine lob after 19 minutes and added a second just short of the half-hour mark as the Catalans quickly took control of the game.

Dani Alves put Pep Guardiola's side three up just after the break and Henry completed his hat-trick late on to wrap up a highly impressive Barcelona win.

Barca saw second-placed Villarreal held to a draw at home to Getafe earlier and sensed the chance to open up a six-point lead at the top by beating Valencia, who began the day in third.

The Catalans dominated from the outset and Xavi almost gave the home side the lead after just two minutes when he beat Valencia goalkeeper Renan Brito, but saw his shot rebound off the post.

Barcelona continued to dominate after that and Renan did well to save from Alves after 18 minutes.

But a minute later, Guardiola's side took the lead.

Henry ran on to Yaya Toure's brilliant lofted pass from deep and lobbed a flailing Renan to put the Catalans in front.

The Brazilian goalkeeper perhaps should have done better, but Henry's finish was sublime.

The France striker had only this week complained that he was forced to run more than he ever did at Arsenal in order to fit in to Barcelona's attacking system.

But Guardiola publicly backed his striker by handing the Frenchman a starting role up front in place of the suspended Samuel Eto'o.

And Henry did not disappoint as he fired Barcelona into a 2-0 lead after 27 minutes.

Alves' long pass found Aleksander Hleb on the left-hand side of the box and the Belarus forward squared the ball intelligently to his former Arsenal colleague, who coolly slotted a right-footed shot past an exposed Renan for a precious two goal cushion.

And the home side never looked back after that.

Lionel Messi missed a one-on-one with Renan later in the half and Eidur Gudjohnsen was just off target in the lead-up to the interval.

Barcelona had to make do with a two-goal advantage at the break, but soon extended their lead when Xavi played in Alves and the Brazil full-back swept an angled shot past Renan.

Alves and Hleb both came close to adding a fourth goal as Guardiola's side continued to impress.

David Villa also missed a decent chance for Valencia, but the visitors were never really in the game and it was no surprise when Henry fired Barcelona into a four-goal lead to complete his hat-trick 12 minutes from time.

Alves was involved again, this time putting through substitute Bojan Krkic, who ran to the byline and pulled the ball back for the advancing Henry to finish easily.

It was the Frenchman's second competitive hat-trick since joining Barcelona last year and the former Arsenal man looked delighted when he received the match ball following the final whistle.

The comprehensive win sees Barcelona move six points clear of second-placed Villarreal and the Catalans will remain six points clear, even if fourth-placed Real Madrid beat Sevilla.

Valencia stay in third for now, but could drop to fourth on Sunday.

FC Barcelona 4-0 Valencia
1-0 : Henry 20'
2-0 : Henry 28'
3-0 : Alves 46'
4-0 : Henry 79'

http://www.videoplayer.hu/videos/play/278606

All this without Eto and Iniesta!

Bojan finally realise he do have to shoot from the most obscure angles he could pass the ball sometimes. Making the goal is just as important as scoring.

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Still no respect for the Catalan Giants!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:44:52 AM »
One setta EPL fanboys on the board.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
i dont see barce games on tv thats why i cant comment
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:09:06 AM »
When is the cut arse match vs Real?  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 07:58:01 AM »
i dont see barce games on tv thats why i cant comment

Get it on your computer! I on the road constantly and this is how I getting my fix. Barca and La Liga in general throwing up some real exciting, skillful football papa.

go here           myp2p.eu                               
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:31:35 AM »
best team in de world right now!!! hands down...nobody capable of beating this team when they decide to play football!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
Barca rules but as morvant say not avialble on tv so more difficult 2 follow. Just check scores on d net 2 c who leadin in dem leagues.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
Barca boy..... :devil:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »
School doing it to me at the moment. Right now i have bout 5 games i download and eh get chance to watch. I now finish download de valencia one. De most i could do is jus go on livescore..check....take a lil read..cuz it eh on TV. I went and set up things so i coulda find a online stream sunday to at least try and take in de classico live.....overbook Saturday...only to find out is Saturday..... :-\

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »
School doing it to me at the moment. Right now i have bout 5 games i download and eh get chance to watch. I now finish download de valencia one. De most i could do is jus go on livescore..check....take a lil read..cuz it eh on TV. I went and set up things so i coulda find a online stream sunday to at least try and take in de classico live.....overbook Saturday...only to find out is Saturday..... :-\

if yuh cud check gol tv or their website to see if they have the games. most of the barca games i have been watchin is on gol tv.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »
Jack showed up today.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 07:39:07 PM »
Way, Barca people gehing on rel never-see-come-see boy. Like dey nuh accustom winning.

:devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>