April 23, 2024, 01:26:53 PM

Author Topic: Latapy Day  (Read 15960 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy Day
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 06:23:13 AM »
Some of those clips on that site looks familar. !!!!

Little Magician is to be honoured by supporters/
By Herald reporter

FALKIRK FC will host Russell Latapy Day (RLD) later this month to honour their Little Magician.

Taking place on Saturday, November 29, when the Bairns host Hibernian – a former club of Latapy's – the midfield maestro will be officially inducted into the club's hall of fame.

Keith Miller, who is organising the event, said: "We are looking fADVERTISEMENTor a
sell-out crowd, a great atmosphere and another cracking Falkirk v Hibs game.

"Russell is one of the last entertainers in the SPL so we want to make this a day to remember."

The club has kindly donated a pair of tickets for the 2008-09 Falkirk Oscars/Player of the Year award ceremony to the RLD committee.

Taking place in the Macdonald Inchyra Grange Hotel at the end of the season, it is normally only open to sponsors and VIP guests. However, fans now have a chance of being there by getting involved in the RLD auction.

"This is your chance to be at the Falkirk Oscars or purchase a superb Christmas present for your friends or family," explained Keith. "You can bid by simply sending an e-mail to russelllatapyday@hotmail.co.uk – all proceeds will go into the Russell Latapy Day fund."

Those who wish to get involved should send their name, phone number and, most importantly, the amount they would like to bid. Entrants' position of their bids will then be given as soon as possible. The auction ends on November 30, the day after the game, so supporters are urged to bid now!

For more information on the day, go to www.russelllatapy.info

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 04:16:36 AM »
Sorry mate it was all i could get my hands on until yesterday. I've been given clips of loads of the wee mans best bits!!! I'll be making a this is your life video for him!

I NEED YOUR HELP PEOPLE I WANT YOU TO FILM A 30 SECOND CLIP OF YOURSELF DESCRIBING RUSSELL. AND UPLOAD IT TO www.viddler.com (this is a great website as the video's can be downloaded in the same quality as the original upload).

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE IN THE RUSSELL LATAPY THIS IS YOUR LIFE VIDEO WHICH HE WILL WATCH AT A SPECIAL SPORTSMANS LUNCH IN HIS HONOUR!!

I WILL SELECT THE BEST CLIPS AND PUT THEM IN THE VIDEO. COME ON SOCA WARRIORS SHOW THE LITTLE MAGICIAN HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HIM!!

Keith

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 07:03:52 AM »
http://www.russelllatapy.info/#nogo hey guys you can bid on these items and i'll send them across if you win!!

Good luck... More should be announced later...

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 05:14:08 AM »
Just to say i'm almost finished the Latapy video. If anyone wants to add a personal bit to the video please email your 30 second vid to me at keiththebairn@hotmail.com. Flex gave me a really good one but the sound is a little to quiet. It would really improve the video if you could.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 07:49:12 AM »
Just to say i'm almost finished the Latapy video. If anyone wants to add a personal bit to the video please email your 30 second vid to me at keiththebairn@hotmail.com. Flex gave me a really good one but the sound is a little to quiet. It would really improve the video if you could.

Well I would love to see that Video with Flex.... he deserve to be there as he has done as good, so make the audio work... ;)

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »
Make it magic

By Julian Peck
Sports editor
FOR lifelong Falkirk fan Keith Miller, Russell Latapy is quite literally the stuff of dreams.
So much so that, after waking from a slumber last month, he decided it was about time the Little Magician was honoured.

Now Keith, with the assistance of the club, has put in place a multitude of events to recognise the services that the 40-year-old player/coach has given to the Bairns over the past five seasons – and the Scottish game as a whole.

And he wants as many supporters as possible to make their way to Westfield this weekend and celebrate 'Russell Latapy Day' when Falkirk take on one of the Trinidad and Tobago star's former clubs, Hibernian.

"I actually had a dream about Russell and when I woke up I thought something really should be done to honour him," Keith explained.

"He won't be getting a testimonial and there is a possibility he may take up a coaching role with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the end of the season, so it's important that we show our appreciation before it is too late.

"In my opinion, Russell is the last great entertainer in Scottish football and players like him don't come along too often.

"Since I met with club officials four weeks ago, who were happy to help out, things have spiralled and we now have a number of events arranged.

"So I would encourage all the Falkirk fans – and neutrals – to wear red, the colour of T&T, turn out in good numbers in plenty of time before the game and make some noise for a fantastic player."

Prior to kick-off there will be face painting, the unveiling of a giant Latapy No. 10 banner and a 3500-strong flag display.

Latapy, who has also played with Porto, Boavista, Hibs, Rangers and Dundee United, will be inducted into the club's Hall of Fame and Ashton Ford, an attaché at the High Commission of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, is the game's guest of honour.

An auction, which includes two tickets to Falkirk's 'Player of the Year' awards and 10 limited edition oil paintings of Latapy, is on-going (see the website www.russelllatapy.info) while a raffle of special prizes has sold more than 600 tickets.

Then, on Sunday, a sportsman's lunch at Behind The Wall with guest speakers Jim Leishman and Peter Brown will take place.

There will be a Caribbean themed menu and cocktails as well as a video presentation, and all proceeds will be kindly donated by BTW owner
Brian Flynn to the Falkirk Football Academy, as chosen by Latapy.

Tickets are still available from the Melville Street venue, priced £35.
One player who knows all about midfielder Latapy is captain Darren Barr.

"I've been at Falkirk for not much longer than Russell and he has been a massive influence on everyone," he told Heraldsport.

"Someone with that kind of experience is a big benefit to a club like this and he's great with the younger boys, passing on his knowledge, and helps out the older players as well.

"Even though he turned 40 this year, his playing ability is still frightening at times – he really is a class act."

Latapy became the oldest player in the history of the game to score in a World Cup qualifying match, in a 2-1 win over the United States in Port of Spain, in October.

He also starred for the Soca Warriors in their 3-0 defeat of Cuba last week, which saw them progress to the fourth and final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying along with the USA.

Latapy will now be back for the latest SPL match against Hibs and may find a place in the squad as Falkirk look to get back on track following their 2-1 loss to Hearts, which ended a six-game unbeaten run.

"Despite the result, there were still a lot of positives to take from the Hearts game," said Barr.

"There wasn't much between the teams in the end although it's frustrating because we play some great football in spells but maybe not for the whole 90 minutes.

"We've done really well recently, however, and were on a good run of results. And while Hibs will be tough, we'll be looking to get back to winning ways as soon as possible."

Manager John Hughes' injury list, which totalled seven last Saturday, may ease up as Jackie McNamara, Dean Holden and Gerard Aafjes were expected back in training yesterday (Wednesday).

However, both Neil McCann and Scott Arfield are still struggling.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »
would someone send the strike squad song to this man so they could learn the chant

"ee ooh aye...check de danger..ooo Latapy inna de area"

Keith here is the link to download
"licks like fire.....".
http://www.thewarriornation.com/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,18/Itemid,29/

you might as well listen to "On the road to Italy" also ;)

Bonus Track:
This one by Latapy's BIGGEST fan, Big Magician
http://www.thewarriornation.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,2/  ;D

Listening to these with Ned Jnr (6) right now ... really got us the mood - I'll miss out 'cause I'm working but Ned Jnr will use my season ticket and go with my Dad and he's excited as anything - like you wouldn't believe !!!!

Check de danger

Mon the Wee Magician !!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:08:48 PM by Ned »

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 02:45:11 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/7753380.stm

Hughes tips Latapy for coach job  

John Hughes says he would like to see Russell Latapy stay on at Falkirk and become a coach at the club.

The 40-year-old's contract runs out at the end of the current season but Hughes says the Trinidad and Tobago star has a future in management.

"I think he's been one of the top foreign players in Scotland," said the Falkirk manager.

"He's in the top three or four, that's for sure, when you include the Laudrups and all these guys."

Hughes also says the former Hibs and Rangers midfielder is one of the most gifted players he has ever worked with.  He still has a massive part to play at Falkirk, and at the end of the season we'll sit down and say 'where do we go from here?'

The club is holding a special 'Russell Latapy day' on Saturday at the league match against Hibernian to give both sets of fans the opportunity to pay tribute to the player on the occasion of his 40th birthday.

"Five years ago, he was going to retire, and I was a very lucky man to get him to come to Falkirk," said Hughes.

"Some of the stuff he's done at this club has been absolutely outstanding.

"I was fortunate enough to play with him at Hibs and he was just outstanding there too.

"He's brought so much to the club, and any tribute he's getting is richly deserved.

"We've been friends for a long time ever since our Hibs days and we have a great respect for each other."

Hughes was also keen to point out that Latapy's involvement at Falkirk need not come to an end when his contract expires next year.

The Falkirk manager suggested he would like to sit down at the end of the season and discuss a future role for Latapy at the SPL club.

"I can't speak highly enough of him," said Hughes.

"He's not finished yet. He still has a massive part to play at Falkirk, and at the end of the season we'll sit down and say 'where do we go from here?'".

"If Russell wants to go somewhere else or pursue something else and there's nothing here for him, then we'll leave on the best of terms."

Latapy was typically modest when asked about the praise being heaped upon him by his manager and insisted he would not considered his future until the end of the current season.

"John has encouraged me to play for the last five years," said Latapy.

"When I got the call from him to come to Falkirk, I was contemplating calling it a day.

"He offered me the opportunity to continue playing, but to also gain experience in the coaching and managerial side of the game and it was an eye-opener for me.

"I think that has also helped me to continue to play because you understand the game a lot better when you get into the coaching side.

"You understand how the whole team operates, and that has prolonged my career.

"At his time my energies are everything to do with Falkirk until the end of the season, and then I will sit down with all of the parties and we'll decide exactly what is going to happen."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »
Latas boi organize yuh buziness doh study d TTFF do what is best 4 u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 10:10:38 PM »
Russell's day is upon us
let us jump and wave :wavetowel:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 03:15:34 AM »
Russell's day is upon us
let us jump and wave :wavetowel:

ee ooh aye ....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 07:31:54 AM »
check de danger

somebody send ah ticket fuh meh nah 
man i wish i was dey...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy is not guaranteed starting place
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 07:34:33 AM »
Latapy is not guaranteed starting place
By Alan Fairley (Falkirk Herald)

IT MAY be Russell Latapy day at the Falkirk Stadium tomorrow with the Trinidad & Tobago international midfielder being inducted into the Bairns' Hall of Fame, but there is no guarantee that the one time Hibs and Rangers star will be in the Falkirk squad for the visit of the Easter Road men.
Bairns boss John Hughes insists there is no room for sentiment when SPL points are at stake.

"Russell is still working on his fitness" said Yogi, "and, while it will be a great day for him and while he fully deserves the honour which will be bestowed upon him, he will only take part in the game if I feel he is ready to do so. Sentiment will not have any effect on my team selection."

Hughes was naturally disappointed that his team's impressive unbeaten run came to a grinding halt at Tynecastle last weekend but he is confident that a positive result can be achieved against his former club.

"I've every respect for Mixu and what he's achieved at Hibs," he said, "and they had a great result at Motherwell last Saturday. They have some very good players but, as I've said before, take away Rangers and Celtic and there's very little between the remaining teams in the SPL. We've had some great tussles with Hibs in the past and tomorrow should be the same. We'll have to be at our best but we're the home team and we'll be looking to win the game."

Former Hearts midfielder Neil McCann will miss the game due to the hamstring injury he picked up against Inverness two weeks ago and, while Carl Finnegan and Tam Scobbie have resumed training, neither is ready as yet to make a first team comeback.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 09:19:10 AM »
pull yuh ass nah Yogi...lol..nah of course de man have to pick hid side..

allyuh know what is the first thing John Hughes say to me when i met him at the Falkirk stadium ???
" so where is the ganja mon??"...said in a fake caribbean accent...real funny...it kinda throw meh off for a second and then we laugh it off...big strong fella...

any live links/stream for this match ??..please ???

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 11:32:50 AM »
any live links/stream for this match ??..please ???

I guess you guys know how to go about getting UK channels in T&T (or where-ever you happen to be) so hopefully this will be of some use:

A replay of the entire match will be shown 'As-Live' from 8pm (UK time) on Saturday night on BBC-Alba (Scots language channel!) this is on Sky channel 168 and Freesat Channel 110 - so if any of you guys are a bit techy maybe you can get it online or by satellite !?!

Each SPL game is available on Radio Scotland which you can get online (in the UK anyhoo) from the BBC's SPL page - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm and abroad from BBC I-Player http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_radio_scotland_fm/  this may not carry the Falkirk game though.

Good Luck - I'll miss the game myself due to work  :-\

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »
Never known anyone to do this but I also think you can see the game abroad on Falkirk TV : http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/club-news/falkirk-tv.html

costs £4.99 per month

let us know how you get on

edited to add: pre-match interview with Latas available now - http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/latest-content/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:43:06 AM by Ned »

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »
I just feel that it's so great for the Falkirk teammates and supporters to be honouring our own hero...
maybe one day we'll do the same...well done Latapy :beermug:
 ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:31:25 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
I wonder if the audio of the game will be on here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radioscotland/

what about here
http://www.setanta.com/uk/News/Football/PageMode/Fixtures/

I've already posted the Radio Scotland link WC - they broadcast all the SPL games on different frequencies with the most 'attractive' game staying on the main frequency - Hearts play Rangers tomorrow  :-\

In the UK the BBC's SPL site carries audio links to all the games but I don't know if it works abroad.

For £4.99 (49 TTD) Falkirk TV streams the game live to viewers outside the UK.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 04:59:17 PM »
I wonder if the audio of the game will be on here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radioscotland/

what about here
http://www.setanta.com/uk/News/Football/PageMode/Fixtures/

I've already posted the Radio Scotland link WC - they broadcast all the SPL games on different frequencies with the most 'attractive' game staying on the main frequency - Hearts play Rangers tomorrow  :-\

In the UK the BBC's SPL site carries audio links to all the games but I don't know if it works abroad.

For £4.99 (49 TTD) Falkirk TV streams the game live to viewers outside the UK.
Thanks Ned
did not realise that the radio Scotland was the same link
and that you want to promote the Falkirk TV site....my apologises

yeah there are three games in the SPL and Falkirk Match is the only one not being broad cast
I checked a couple other places with free links

too bad ya have to miss the game
aye Ned, a bad day at football is way better than a good day at work
Good Luck - I'll miss the game myself due to work  :-\
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 05:12:03 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MickBairn

• New Warrior
  • The Wee Magician
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 05:07:12 AM »
I hope all you Trinis can either listen or watch todays game as this is going to be a really special day for the little magician.  :cheers:

Latapy Awesome Talent Appreciation Society

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 06:26:32 AM »
too bad ya have to miss the game
aye Ned, a bad day at football is way better than a good day at work

I've forgetten to bring the radio earphones for my mobile phone  :-[

Ned Jnr's absolute hero is Latapy, you sometimes here him singing 'Check de danger' as he wanders around the house - he'll ignore the game and watch for Latas on the bench  :D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »
like we skipper gone up to pay respect to the magician...special lunch on sun 30th nov....in falkirk at behind the wall

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
sorry...that was my post above

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 07:18:47 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2008, 07:23:55 AM »

:rotfl:

De widest smile outta de lot. Yuh seeing de man back teeth.

Buh.....looks like it was really a great event. :applause:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:40:41 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2008, 07:26:01 AM »
We salute u as well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2008, 08:57:27 AM »
Papayo... the BBM's make ah come back... where Yorke??  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2008, 08:59:14 AM »
oh lord.... allyuh tryin to make big men cry. Latas.. We at de SWO Salute you and all you service. You is de Man!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »
Doh 4get Lara

1]; } ?>