April 28, 2024, 11:12:51 PM

Author Topic: Passing of Patrick 'Pat' Gomez  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Passing of Patrick 'Pat' Gomez
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
The passing of another one of our great sportsmen in Canada.

It is with sadness that we announce the death of another son of Trinidad & Tobago, Patrick (Pat) Gomez.

GOMEZ, Patrick (Pat) Peacefully and courageously after a lengthy illness at McNally House on Sunday, November 2, 2008, in his 79th year. Beloved husband of 52 years to Monica. Loving father of Luanne (Boris Haan), Brennan (Trish), Kirk (Lori), and Wade (Angela). Cherished grandpa of Bryan (Jen), Wade, Dana, Kyle, Jenna, Joel, Rachel, Darien, and Connor. Dear brother of Jean Agostini. Predeceased by brothers Kenrick and Clive and sisters Joyce and Teresa. Pat was a member of the Knights of Columbus, Saltfleet Go Ahead Soccer, Association of Christian Therapist Region 10, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, and St. Helen's Parish Council. Friends will be received at the DONALD V. BROWN FUNERAL HOME, 36 Lake Ave. Drive, Stoney Creek on Tuesday, November 4 from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Prayers Tuesday evening at 8:30 p.m. Funeral Mass to be celebrated at Incarnation of Our Blessed Lord Church, Nash Road North and Barton St., Hamilton on Wednesday, November 5 at 9 a.m. Interment Mountview Gardens. In Pat's memory, donations to McNally House (Grimsby) would be appreciated by the family. Friends are invited to sign the book of condolence at www.donaldvbrown.ca

A man who walked with Great Faith, Pat, your deep devotion to the Holy Eucharist was an inspiration to us all. "Walk the Straight and Narrow"
Pat was one of Trinidad's greatest goal keepers , and a sportman to be emulated.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Passing of Patrick 'Pat' Gomez
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:30:56 PM »
Oh boy I did not realize Pat was still alive,definitely one of our greats,i was a youth when he was playing,it was so long can't remember if it was Shamrock or Casuals he used to play for but i'm sure he represented POSFL,North and T&T,those who saw him will have good memories of Football in front the Grand Stand,thanks for the good times RIP.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 06:32:15 PM »
Condolences and much respeck.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »
my condolences to the family.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 06:51:44 PM »
Oh boy I did not realize Pat was still alive,definitely one of our greats,i was a youth when he was playing,it was so long can't remember if it was Shamrock or Casuals he used to play for but i'm sure he represented POSFL,North and T&T,those who saw him will have good memories of Football in front the Grand Stand,thanks for the good times RIP.
He played for Casuals.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 06:59:52 PM »
He played for Casuals.
        Thanks Tallman,that was Rafi Knowles boy.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »
Condolences to the Gomez family. As Coop said I did not know he was still alive. I heard a lot of good things about his goalkeeping. But I never saw him play. RIP old Warrior. God Bless!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
Blessings
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:32 PM »
Much respect to a great baller

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 07:25:40 AM »
A great sportsman. RIP. T&T have one sweet team gathering above.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Pat Gomez (Casuals) passes on
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »

It is with sadness that we announce the death of another son of Trinidad & Tobago, Patrick (Pat) Gomez.

GOMEZ, Patrick (Pat) Peacefully and courageously after a lengthy illness at McNally House on Sunday, November 2, 2008, in his 79th year. Beloved husband of 52 years to Monica. Loving father of Luanne (Boris Haan), Brennan (Trish), Kirk (Lori), and Wade (Angela). Cherished grandpa of Bryan (Jen), Wade, Dana, Kyle, Jenna, Joel, Rachel, Darien, and Connor. Dear brother of Jean Agostini. Predeceased by brothers Kenrick and Clive and sisters Joyce and Teresa. Pat was a member of the Knights of Columbus, Saltfleet Go Ahead Soccer, Association of Christian Therapist Region 10, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, and St. Helen's Parish Council. Friends will be received at the DONALD V. BROWN FUNERAL HOME, 36 Lake Ave. Drive, Stoney Creek on Tuesday, November 4 from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Prayers Tuesday evening at 8:30 p.m. Funeral Mass to be celebrated at Incarnation of Our Blessed Lord Church, Nash Road North and Barton St., Hamilton on Wednesday, November 5 at 9 a.m. Interment Mountview Gardens. In Pat's memory, donations to McNally House (Grimsby) would be appreciated by the family. Friends are invited to sign the book of condolence at www.donaldvbrown.ca

A man who walked with Great Faith, Pat, your deep devotion to the Holy Eucharist was an inspiration to us all. "Walk the Straight and Narrow"

Pat was one of Trinidad's greatest goal keepers , and a sportman to be emulated.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:20:57 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>