April 27, 2024, 08:16:44 AM

Author Topic: Uconn vs St Johns on FSC  (Read 2084 times)

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
Uconn vs St Johns on FSC
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:59:34 PM »
This game has to be one of the poorest games I've seen in a long time. Both teams seem lack tactical and technical expertise. Lack of penetrative passes, poor ball control, too much back passes etc etc etc. I prefer watching the U17 games, the players there are playing with a great deal of maturity and skill.

And to think, Coaches like reid are sitting on a BIG salary for 20 odd years... I want a wuk so yes. The next one is Karl kremser at FIU, he has a quality team,  excellent young players and if he don't win with that group that he has, he should be fired

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Uconn vs St Johns on FSC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 07:42:33 PM »
i think i hear them say that Julius James..the UConn captain is a Trini too..yeah the game was looking shitty too lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:51:41 PM »
Fairfax, Va. - Senior forward Teba McKnight (Couva, Trinidad) scored two goals for the Patriots to help lift George Mason University's men's soccer team to a 3-1 victory over visiting La Salle Tuesday evening. With the win the Patriots improve to 3-3 on the season, while the Explorers fall to 2-4-1.

McKnight did not waste any time as he scored his first goal of the season off of a breakaway shot from about five yards out. It hit the right post and bounced in the net at the 1:30 mark to put Mason on the board. Next, freshman midfielder Jonathan Borrajo (Clifton, N.J.) netted his first goal of the season as he fired off a shot from long range to watch it sail pass La Salle's Danny Pfieffer in the middle of the net.

Mason would enter the break with a 3-0 lead after McKnight found the corner of the net off of a pass from junior midfielder Josh Fleming (Fairfax, Va.).

"I think that the team responded well tonight after coming off of some losses," said head coach Greg Andrulis. "We had some terrific goals tonight and it is great to see that the team is coming together."

The Explorers lone goal of the evening came from freshman forward James Guntle who scored off of a header as sophomore midfielder Jeremy Ortiz dished out the assist.

Goalkeeper Eric Barnes (Fr.; Aiken, S.C.) saw action in the net for the entire contest for Mason and tallied three saves, while Pfieffer collected eight saves and allowed three goals on the night.

Copyright © 2005, CSTV Networks, Inc. and George Mason University. The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. No logos, photographs or graphics on this site may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved.
Click here to view our Privacy Policy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 08:12:04 PM »
FIU in Miami have three excellent Trinis on their squad, Carron Williams, who was Conference USA player of the week just recently and he is among the top in several footballing catergories in the nation. There's the defender Sheldon jardine and the freshman whom I really like, Judah Hernandez from Arima.  I saw this youth throughout preseason and he is tears... fast, very very very skillful, could kick with both feet and very very very skillful. FIU is ranked 20th in the nation and if managed right they could be contenders... They have some really nice players at FIU in miami and most if them are freshmen...

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 10:45:24 PM »
FIU in Miami have three excellent Trinis on their squad, Carron Williams, who was Conference USA player of the week just recently and he is among the top in several footballing catergories in the nation. There's the defender Sheldon jardine and the freshman whom I really like, Judah Hernandez from Arima.  I saw this youth throughout preseason and he is tears... fast, very very very skillful, could kick with both feet and very very very skillful. FIU is ranked 20th in the nation and if managed right they could be contenders... They have some really nice players at FIU in miami and most if them are freshmen...

jardine is not ah freshman...he is ah junior who transfered from georgia perimter college. he went to the junior college national final last year with that school losing in de final. de boy does control it nice as de sweeper. that boy judah is tears boy!!! skills for days!!! carron gettin de hype but judah is de one to watch for de future.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 09:03:31 AM »
Yeah.  Looked at the game and it was technically defieicnt, considering the fact that these were two top-12 teams.  The problem with college soccer is that the players lack composure and the coaches play not to lose. They take little time to play the ball out of the back, and the midfield is often bypassed due to long balls out of the back.  I played college soccer and work in collegiate athletics, but I always say that college soccer is an ugly version of the beautiful game.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »
Yeah.  Looked at the game and it was technically defieicnt, considering the fact that these were two top-12 teams.  The problem with college soccer is that the players lack composure and the coaches play not to lose. They take little time to play the ball out of the back, and the midfield is often bypassed due to long balls out of the back.  I played college soccer and work in collegiate athletics, but I always say that college soccer is an ugly version of the beautiful game.

Yeah NCAA soccer is very seldom a spectacle, but it's difficult to play......those guys are tough players, but the game is a little too americanized in my opinion and as a result lacks rhythm.........

What they lack in poise and composure is often made up for (to a certain extent) in discipline, physical condition and work-rate.

In the same way that American senior and youth soccer is adapting/has adapted to the world game, (American nat'l teams have been playing more and more sophisticated int'l level soccer in the last 10 years)..... I think the NCAA will adapt over time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 12:47:39 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
BIG UP TO JULIUS JAMES THE NEXT CAPTAIN OF TNT AND MARSHALL OF THE DEFENSE IN 2010

COMPOSED AND SURE SOMETING THAT WE GO NEED
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 06:44:09 PM »
BIG UP TO JULIUS JAMES THE NEXT CAPTAIN OF TNT AND MARSHALL OF THE DEFENSE IN 2010

COMPOSED AND SURE SOMETING THAT WE GO NEED

could'nt say it better myself
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 08:45:22 PM »
He was the best thing about dat Conn...squad. He looked composed, read the game well, fast and has good skill on the ball. the thing is, we have to do a better job of keeping track of these youths because they will end up getting lost in the system...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 09:07:11 PM »
we have to do a better job of keeping track of these youths because they will end up getting lost in the system...

correct........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>