March 28, 2024, 03:07:18 PM

Author Topic: Best SSFL team you ever witness.  (Read 18219 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: Best SSFL team you ever witness.
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 09:49:53 PM »
Probably not the best, but the best I see:

The Signal Hill side of the early 90s..

De Eldo side with Stern, Hayden Brathwaite, Ince, Larry Loobie and co... (might not all been in the same year)

The Gustine side with Nixon and McCommie..

De Malick side with Arnold Dwarika and Junior Hamilton, and couple years after with Marvin Gordon, Amuffin Daniel, Chesley Walters & co..

The Benedicts side of the early 90s..

The St. Anthony's side with Carlos that win out everything..

The Arima side with Glen Benjammin, Kirk Trotman and a fellah name i think Kerwyn Emmanuel & co.

i feel yuh mean kerwyn emmanuel and not glen benjamin, glen went asja then benedicts.

Actually, I think he might have ment to say Granville Millington....thats the only player from that squad that I could think of whos name starts with G.   Arimaman should be able to to clarify that since he or his brother might have been on that squad.

yeah that is what i was trying to the type but obviously there was a disconnect between my brain and my fingers...granville was a good player.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »
ok...let me start addressing the anthony's issue
the 97 anthony's team i believe had carlos..they had win intercol...knockout qrc in the semis
that year north zone had three bess squads
compre had glen and had win north zone
anthony's had carlos
and qrc win big seven with men like sobers, duane campbell (throw way the penalty in intercol for us to lose), marco elcock, rudy rudder that side was arguably QRCs best in recent years altho the 2003 squad might have sumtin to say..

the 2002 anthony's squad was an advantage side tho...that side hit qrc 8 home AND away - i was so glad i had stay home both days then
that side had kenwyne, julius, khalil mathura, roderick anthony, steve sealy, christopher sam..they had so much players neaves used to ride pine all kinda thing...they hit p/town 6 in the intercol final that year
the 2003 side wasn't as dred but similarly impressive...for the entire season that side lost twice...to QRC..once at QRC...the other time in the North Zone Intercol final... Anthony's came back to knock us out in national semis with a golden goal...
that QRC squad had simba aberdeen, aldo hope, radanfah abu bakr, jason devenish, mikhail awai and thorne holder and richard 'torpedo' thompson..it was the only team that could have stood up to that anthony's team....

i can't really pick between those squads...
but intercol has not been the same since that 2003...
btw the black man pull it off yes...

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 10:22:09 PM »

the 2002 anthony's squad was an advantage side tho...that side hit qrc 8 home AND away - i was so glad i had stay home both days then
that side had kenwyne, julius, khalil mathura, roderick anthony, steve sealy, christopher sam..they had so much players neaves used to ride pine all kinda thing...they hit p/town 6 in the intercol final that year

it wasnt ptown. it was naps... i's a naps man but i cant let ptown take the fall for that one.

i remember when we fill up the maxi and dem to go watch that game. and when we get there we was amazed by the size of them st. anthony's men. it was like men against boys... not good times.

but when we were down by plenty, we keeper shai prescod was on wildness and hit a man a spanner in we own penalty box. we get onn mad for dat but that was about it

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »

it wasnt ptown. it was naps... i's a naps man but i cant let ptown take the fall for that one.

i remember when we fill up the maxi and dem to go watch that game. and when we get there we was amazed by the size of them st. anthony's men. it was like men against boys... not good times.

but when we were down by plenty, we keeper shai prescod was on wildness and hit a man a spanner in we own penalty box. we get onn mad for dat but that was about it

for real...it was naps..buh it really had nothing u coulda do....as a qrc man, i admit we collect 8 twice..the one goal we score against them in qrc was a julius james own goal...not even a qrc man...

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »

The best QRC side I ever saw was the one with, Leacock, Jeremy Shortt, Keno Mason and a very young Hector Sam, they woulda win everything that year if Benedicts and Arima did'n have they bacahnnal in south that year..

But the best I ever saw was the John D side of 78' 79'.
Peru, Pugh, Castellano, Haynes, Lucas, Cumberbatch, De Silva etc, Fatima was almost as good and even beat them in intercol.
Craig, Rodriquez, Ramdoo, Corneal etc.

2 boss sides that played exceptional football together .

Sando Tech and Signal Hill led by Hutchison honorable mention
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »
Probably not the best, but the best I see:

The Signal Hill side of the early 90s..

De Eldo side with Stern, Hayden Brathwaite, Ince, Larry Loobie and co... (might not all been in the same year)

The Gustine side with Nixon and McCommie..

De Malick side with Arnold Dwarika and Junior Hamilton, and couple years after with Marvin Gordon, Amuffin Daniel, Chesley Walters & co..

The Benedicts side of the early 90s..

The St. Anthony's side with Carlos that win out everything..

The Arima side with Glen Benjammin, Kirk Trotman and a fellah name i think Kerwyn Emmanuel & co.

i feel yuh mean kerwyn emmanuel and not glen benjamin, glen went asja then benedicts.

Actually, I think he might have ment to say Granville Millington....thats the only player from that squad that I could think of whos name starts with G.   Arimaman should be able to to clarify that since he or his brother might have been on that squad.

i meant granville millington, my bad... thanks

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »

The best QRC side I ever saw was the one with, Leacock, Jeremy Shortt, Keno Mason and a very young Hector Sam, they woulda win everything that year if Benedicts and Arima did'n have they bacahnnal in south that year..

Peru, Pugh, Castellano, Haynes, Lucas, Cumberbatch, De Silva etc, Fatima was almost as good and even beat them in intercol.

CORRECTION.....ARIMA WOULD HAVE WON EVERYTHING IF BENADICTS DID NOT START BACAHNAL THAT PREVENTED THE ARIMA /QRC FINAL FROM BEING PLAYED

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2008, 11:56:10 PM »

CORRECTION.....ARIMA WOULD HAVE WON EVERYTHING IF BENADICTS DID NOT START BACAHNAL THAT PREVENTED THE ARIMA /QRC FINAL FROM BEING PLAYED
That is your opinion brother and I for one not going to argue with obsurdity
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2008, 12:09:05 AM »

Fella ..d JACKASS QRC principal at d time...Douglas held ah meeting with d QRC team and tell them that he didnt want to take d Arbitration to court because QRC have too much pride or some shit to that effect.

Dat season Jeremy Shortt (Checkie) run from half line and score against Malick...in d North Zone Final...Arima couldnt beat dat QRC team..at dat time...dem fellas was in peak form

On that QRC team yuh also had Joel Ribierro(keeper) Andre Williams, Shawn Garcia(Hefty) and ah think Shawn Ezeb was in that team

QRC was also in d Big 7 dat season..ah remember dey cut Signal Hill ass 3-1 in Tobago and Ruff up Presentation on QRC ground...Ribiero make some boss saves in dat match...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:16:40 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2008, 01:24:10 AM »

Fella ..d JACKASS QRC principal at d time...Douglas held ah meeting with d QRC team and tell them that he didnt want to take d Arbitration to court because QRC have too much pride or some shit to that effect.

Dat season Jeremy Shortt (Checkie) run from half line and score against Malick...in d North Zone Final...Arima couldnt beat dat QRC team..at dat time...dem fellas was in peak form

On that QRC team yuh also had Joel Ribierro(keeper) Andre Williams, Shawn Garcia(Hefty) and ah think Shawn Ezeb was in that team

QRC was also in d Big 7 dat season..ah remember dey cut Signal Hill ass 3-1 in Tobago and Ruff up Presentation on QRC ground...Ribiero make some boss saves in dat match...

Trust me, Padnah, Dougie makin' dem kinda decision long time.  This is the same man who REFUSE to let Dexter Sandy (as well as a HOST of other major, TALENTED football players the year before him and after him) repeat 5th form, jed.  Dougie lost a lot of respect from a lot of people fuh dem decision, Padnah.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2008, 06:20:03 AM »
St Anthony's....Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards, Evans Wise, Julius James, Kevon Neaves etc

Didn't know Evans Wise played alongside Jones, Edwards, Julius James and Kevon Neaves. He must be 23 all now.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2008, 09:51:39 AM »
Steups.. I could see that plenty men eh taking on de thread... de best team yuh ever witness!

I see men calling the 97 St Anthony's squad... I go say it now! That side was ordinary at best!!
ORDINARY!! Carlos Edwards was on the side yes... but they do nothing in de league! Anybody who really watch de league that year would never call this side. Corbeaux Brand for days and pass it to Carlos...

And they was LUCKY for Intercol... Men go call me a HATER, but I see plenty of dey games that year..
In intercol some bad bounce and de lights went out in PSA save dem against Malick... QRC shoulda beat them in de oval too... They best game was the final against Benedicts... They was just a jumbie side... Almost like a Greece Euro run, just not so ugly and defensive... BUT DEFINITELY NOT a best side... not even of the '90's.

The best side that year 1997 was Mucurapo with Cornell Glen, Josh Johnson, Kerry Baptiste, Kerwyn Jack, Natty Charles et al. Them was running brand. That side was undefeated up until de second to last game of de season, when in form Fatima hit dem ah come from behind smash and grab last minute goal...

QRC also had a serious side... Benedicts "Big Truck" was bad too but dey pop down bad in de end.

my opinion eh.... let meh hear allyuh
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:54:03 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »
St Anthony's....Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards, Evans Wise, Julius James, Kevon Neaves etc

add ian mcauley to that list

Allyuh men wicked to leave out Rahim and Nigel Pierre if you just listing big name St. Anthony's players. Them was the men who really was that start to making St. Anthony's a force in the SSFL.
Carlos had nothing on them men in those days...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »

Sorry, you one year off there I think. That QRC side had Leacock in goal and Andre Williams was captain. Garcia and them other men were gone already. And somebody mention a young Hector Sam but he wasn't in QRC til bout 94.

That side were on a 21 game unbeaten run that season after losing the 1st game in Moka to Trinity and then the Big 8 final to Saints in south (after they injure Jeremy Shortt in the first half) so sorry Arima, but if you couldn't beat Benedicts properly, u wasn't beating QRC that year. Remember back then it was real rare to go Tobago and beat Signal Hill, and that's what we do in our Semi while waiting on allyuh from east and south to sort out allyuh dispute. And in the Big 8 it was a CIC v QRC final, proving that North was the strongest league that year.

It could be nostalgia, but that period of School's football seemed like the best for me:

Malick had Dwarika and probably half the Soca Warriors;
QRC had a bomb squad under Roderick Warner;
St. Mary's had a late season run under Gally with Jason Rocke, Gabre Cummings and Hisham Gomes in ripping form;
Arima was going guns with Mickey Trotman;
Eldo was a big side with Kevin Jeffries mashing up;
I think Nixon was still with Gustine too but he was overshadowed by them two other east sides that year
Pres had Avery John and Tony Sherwood in what was probably their last year as a true challenger;
Benedicts with Wesley Webb was real getting on down south too

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:22:40 PM by spideybuff »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2008, 10:17:56 AM »
Steups.. I could see that plenty men eh taking on de thread... de best team yuh ever witness!

I see men calling the 97 St Anthony's squad... I go say it now! That side was ordinary at best!!
ORDINARY!! Carlos Edwards was on the side yes... but they do nothing in de league! Anybody who really watch de league that year would never call this side. Corbeaux Brand for days and pass it to Carlos...

And they was LUCKY for Intercol... Men go call me a HATER, but I see plenty of dey games that year..
In intercol some bad bounce and de lights went out in PSA save dem against Malick... QRC shoulda beat them in de oval too... They best game was the final against Benedicts... They was just a jumbie side... Almost like a Greece Euro run, just not so ugly and defensive... BUT DEFINITELY NOT a best side... not even of the '90's.

The best side that year 1997 was Mucurapo with Cornell Glen, Josh Johnson, Kerry Baptiste, Kerwyn Jack, Natty Charles et al. Them was running brand. That side was undefeated up until de second to last game of de season, when in form Fatima hit dem ah come from behind smash and grab last minute goal...

QRC also had a serious side... Benedicts "Big Truck" was bad too but dey pop down bad in de end.

my opinion eh.... let meh hear allyuh

i was bout 13-14 so to me that carlos side was bess.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »
Nah, Compre and QRC was the best sides in north by far that year. Cornell Glen and the red boots was unstoppable and Travis Sobers from QRC was the national under 20's captain and put Carlos in the shade, while Marco Elcock break records for goals scored that year. In fact, outside Carlos and the big defender Etthan Stewart, St. Anthony's had no real notable names (no offence to any of you who are members of the board)

St. Anthony's just had a good intercol run, like CIC last year...but that was the precursor to them becoming the institution they are now.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:21:49 PM by spideybuff »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:05 AM »
Big 8 final to Saints in south (after they injure Jeremy Shortt in the first half)

What iz interesting about that match ..is that 2 Saints fellas sandwich Checkie REAL HARD and ah aint goe lie I thought that was it for he....but to tell yuh how good a player Checkie was..he score a couple minutes after on them.... :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »
huw de muda c%$^ ah man could tell another man ah Team HE WITNESS wasnt good enough ???

so cause i was born in the eightees i would never see ah good intercol game????
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »

add ian mcauley to that list

Allyuh men wicked to leave out Rahim and Nigel Pierre if you just listing big name St. Anthony's players. Them was the men who really was that start to making St. Anthony's a force in the SSFL.
Carlos had nothing on them men in those days...

True talk dat.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 01:28:02 PM »
Nah, Compre and QRC was the best sides in north by far that year. Cornell Glen and the red boots was unstoppable and Travis Sobers from QRC was the national under 20's captain and put Carlos in the shade, whole Marco Elcock break records for goals scored that year. In fact, outside Carlos and the big defender Etthan Stewart, St. Anthony's had no real notable names (no offence to any of you who are members of the board)

St. Anthony's just had a good intercol run, like CIC last year...but that was the precursor to them becoming the institution they are now.
this is true talk..but wasn't rahim in that anthony's squad as well? i know he was wid anthony's aroun 95-97 there...my sister used to rel talk about him...
97 was a rel bess year for real..intercol has not been good since 2003...that was the last good year in my opinion...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »
'66
Benedict's ; Fatima ; QRC
A tie
Intercol between CIC and QRC around '69 in de Oval

when my brother and me came out de oval into ah pack ah QRC men and day rip meh CIC T Shirt off one time. de one I had painted myself for the occasion....it must have been Mango Chow :devil:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:20:13 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »

Sorry, you one year off there I think. That QRC side had Leacock in goal and Andre Williams was captain. Garcia and them other men were gone already. And somebody mention a young Hector Sam but he wasn't in QRC til bout 94.

That side were on a 21 game unbeaten run that season after losing the 1st game in Moka to Trinity and then the Big 8 final to Saints in south (after they injure Jeremy Shortt in the first half) so sorry Arima, but if you couldn't beat Benedicts properly, u wasn't beating QRC that year. Remember back then it was real rare to go Tobago and beat Signal Hill, and that's what we do in our Semi while waiting on allyuh from east and south to sort out allyuh dispute. And in the Big 8 it was a CIC v QRC final, proving that North was the strongest league that year.

It could be nostalgia, but that period of School's football seemed like the best for me:

Malick had Dwarika and probably half the Soca Warriors;
QRC had a bomb squad under Roderick Warner;
St. Mary's had a late season run under Gally with Jason Rocke, Gabre Cummings and Hisham Gomes in ripping form;
Arima was going guns with Mickey Trotman;
Eldo was a big side with Kevin Jeffries mashing up;
I think Nixon was still with Gustine too but he was overshadowed by them two other east sides that year
Pres had Avery John and Tony Sherwood in what was probably their last year as a true challenger;
Benedicts with Wesley Webb was real getting on down south too

allyuh men posting all kinda incorrect info, sherwood last year playing for pres was in 88.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
1. Sando Tech ... Latas, Faustin, Weeks, etc etc
2. Arima ... Jamerson etc etc
3. Bourg... Sean Mcletchie, Mamba, Speedy, Mickey Rat (before he transfer to 'gustine) etc etc

Dem youth men nowadays cyeh even come close...no offense to the younger members on the forum, just my observation.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »
QRC 68. Sheldon Gomes, Rolph Clark, Roger mathews, Steven Gomez, Selby Brown, Earl Best
CiC 68. Russel Texeira, Ian Bain, Alvin henderson, Mike Cooper, Steve Waldron, Hani Najjar
Belmont 69. Pat Wilkinson, Loydie Noel, Gregory Trujillo
CIC 70/71. Lieba, Neil Williams, Frankie Stone, Edgehill, Woodley, Callender, Nancoo,etc
Belmont 70/71. Ron Laforest, Lennox Laforest, Japa Fredericks, Wayne Lewis
Tranquil 72, Tom Philips, McIntyre, Lakhan, Murell
Sando Tech 70-73. Span, mitchel, Augustine, Wright, Ford, Degourville, Sirju, Balfon, Danny Williams,Sutherland, Wayne Smith, and on and on!!!!
Belmont 74. Brian Brown, Plucky,etc
Naps 72/73. Homer, Francis, Ross

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
ok...let me start addressing the anthony's issue
the 97 anthony's team i believe had carlos..they had win intercol...knockout qrc in the semis
that year north zone had three bess squads
compre had glen and had win north zone
anthony's had carlos
and qrc win big seven with men like sobers, duane campbell (throw way the penalty in intercol for us to lose), marco elcock, rudy rudder that side was arguably QRCs best in recent years altho the 2003 squad might have sumtin to say..

the 2003 side wasn't as dred but similarly impressive...for the entire season that side lost twice...to QRC..once at QRC...the other time in the North Zone Intercol final... Anthony's came back to knock us out in national semis with a golden goal...
that QRC squad had simba aberdeen, aldo hope, radanfah abu bakr, jason devenish, mikhail awai and thorne holder and richard 'torpedo' thompson..it was the only team that could have stood up to that anthony's team....

i can't really pick between those squads...
but intercol has not been the same since that 2003...
btw the black man pull it off yes...

That 2002 Tigers yuh talkin bout. Mathura was never on that side. Mathura is a CIC player. That team had Cabral and Chin Sang on the bench ( men who grovner coach from young) it was Stevie, Ian Mc auley, kenwyne, neaves ( never use to bench) Anthony on the right and  benito (from trinity) and trim, J james and Yohance Marshall. It also had small small and rhal other players who use to come on and the game never drop. That qrc side had nuthn on that team. the only team that was close was malick with Tinto.

Another good side was 98 Fatima..  Gibbings had just leave to go st anthony's.. It had stevie, FF, Brent Radix, Stoute, bosierre, JP and Marlon Rojas. I think it had a lee sing on that team too.

The compre with glenn too.. that team was good. I think that is when the school now start to get money from sponsers.. willies ice cream sponsor they uniforms...

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »

[/quote]

allyuh men posting all kinda incorrect info, sherwood last year playing for pres was in 88.
[/quote]

It also seems dat most posters have more than one (1) best team.  ;D

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 09:50:40 PM »

dem men doh know what they talking about.

PRES FOREVER!!!
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 05:22:29 AM »

PRES FOREVER!!![/quote]

I hear yuh! I hope you mean Sando.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 09:34:19 AM »

PRES FOREVER!!!

I hear yuh! I hope you mean Sando.

It ever had another one?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless man was mistaking Rhett Mitchell for Sherwood??

1]; } ?>