April 28, 2024, 09:14:47 PM

Author Topic: Warner threatens to quit all posts.  (Read 5160 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Warner threatens to quit all posts.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 07:50:25 PM »
It is how the man's audacious behaviour goes unchecked.  ::)

VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »

I didn't see Hunt interview but if he put up his hand and admit being wrong then credit to him....now fix whatever problem u didn't intend to exist.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »
It appears that Hunt messed up on this one. From the Guardian

The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs has apologised to the T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) and the general public yesterday for misleading the country in relation to funds for the T&TFF.

In a media release yesterday, the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs admitted that it stated in an October 31, 2008 release that it had already disbursed to the T&TFF $6,535,500.00 to cover the cost of salaries for the period January to September 2008 for the technical staff of the World Cup team.

“This statement was inaccurate since none of the $12m approved by Cabinet has yet been disbursed to the T&TFF,” the release stated.

The release continued that the figure of $6,535,500.00 represents a reimbursement of the T&TFF, which has paid the salaries of a 13-member technical team for the period January to September 2008.

“Accordingly, the Ministry wishes to reiterate that in accordance with existing policy, one of the prerequisites for the disbursement of funds by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs to National Sporting Organisations, including the T&TFF, is the submission of audited financial statements,” the release further stated.

On Monday at a news conference at Crowne Plaza hotel, Port of Spain, the Fifa vice-president and Concacaf boss, Jack Warner had threatened to resign from all posts he currently holds in football, if Minister of Sport Gary Hunt can prove to him that the ministry had paid the salaries off the technical staff off the national football team.

Warner said he will soon call a press conference to clear up the matter.

“When I call the press conference I will ask the Sports Minister to bear his soul to the nation and if by chance the Minister can prove that he or his Ministry, or the Sports Company together or separately paid any money to the technical staff for salaries between November last year and yesterday, I will resign from all my positions.”

He added, “I wear many hats Fifa, Concacaf, parliament and any other and I will resign from all and at the same time I hope that if he can’t prove it he will do the same thing and resign.”

Warner, made his comments at the launch of Group H of the Digicel Caribbean Championship Second Round Qualifiers at Crowne Plaza on Monday.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
Good hurry up and quit ,yah jackass ..stop breying and start straying!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 11:16:52 PM »

Why Jack should quit ?
The man is football for TT
He say we going Germany we went
He say we going SA and we going
Have nobody better to run football in TT like Jack.
Jack is to football as Patrick Manning is to Prime Ministership.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 11:40:44 PM »
Fish,
           The longest rope has an end, we can at least vote out Patrick(If TT make up their minds).Remember PNM was voted out before. We have not recourse with Jack. If you was making a joke that you want to run for TTFF president, Do you think they will tell you when TTFF has elections. You will be still campaigning while the election done.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JW was right.
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 03:48:31 AM »
Now I am no relation of JW but he was right about the Sport Minister not paying the money as they claimed.The Ministry now has to back down with egg on their face and admit they made an error.This is just one lapse that I can direct at the Prime Minister and his cohorts,there are many more.Now all who like to cuss JW for teefing could you stop making erroneous charges because of heresay,have proof before allyuh start to run allyuh mouth.This man JW has achieved high position in life,he could not do it with teefing and dishonesty.I would like to hear allyuh spin on this and doh jump de gun dis time,engage yuh brain before allyuh start to hit the keyboard with rubbish.Awrite!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: JW was right.
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 04:08:53 AM »
This man JW has achieved high position in life,he could not do it with teefing and dishonesty.I would like to hear allyuh spin on this and doh jump de gun dis time,engage yuh brain before allyuh start to hit the keyboard with rubbish.Awrite!

Frico, I hope you on kicks right?!!
Or hopefully you just trying to stimulate some conversation by playing devil's advocate but doh honestly believe what you just typed!

Otherwise you need to take a bit of your own advice ...
engage yuh brain before allyuh start to hit the keyboard with rubbish.Awrite!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JW was right.
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2008, 04:37:09 AM »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 05:20:03 AM »
Gary Hunt should resign. This is a very big deal.
At the least he should come out and publicly apologise, cause this has very far reaching implications.

Jack Warner should get out of T&T football altogether and just be an observer, like Beckenbaur with Germany.

The problem with Hunt is that he is a pawn in a political game, so he doesnt have a choice in his actions..
The problem with Warner is that he is a smartman who loves T&T football too much..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 05:30:42 AM »
The problem with Hunt is that he is a pawn in a political game, so he doesnt have a choice in his actions..
The problem with Warner is that he is a smartman who loves T&T football too much..

I think you meant to say "The problem with Warner is that he is a smartman who loves exploiting T&T football too much..

Just watching your back as ah sure you must have mistyped there otherwise ah cyah defend you from dem fellas when attack!!  ::)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 06:31:10 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: The boss strikes again,T&T Football is the best,never a dull day game or no game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
Quit Jack, Quit!!!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>