April 25, 2024, 04:19:40 AM

Author Topic: Zola Extends Obama Invitation  (Read 1226 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Zola Extends Obama Invitation
« on: November 07, 2008, 09:54:25 AM »
West Ham United manager Gianfranco Zola has extended an invite to American President in waiting Barack Obama to visit Upton Park.
The incoming Commander-in-Chief is rumoured to be an honourary Hammer after visiting the club in 2003.

The president's sister Auma lives in London and is married to a West Ham supporting Englishman.

Obama attended a West Ham match at Upton Park five years ago, and since his rise to prominence, he has been claimed by those around east London as one of their own.

The enthusiasm of having the most powerful man in the world as a supporter has now extended to the West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola.

The Italian stated that Obama should drop by the Boleyn Ground any time he likes, although the manager conceded that he may have other matters to address.

Zola told the press: "It would be marvellous if he wants to come one day, although I think he's going to be very busy doing other things."

yuh think.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Zola Extends Obama Invitation
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »
West Ham are 13th in the league and without a shirt sponsor. I think inviting Obama should be at the bottom of their priority list  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »
West Ham are 13th in the league and without a shirt sponsor. I think inviting Obama should be at the bottom of their priority list  :beermug:

Well, there is worse publicity.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:55:13 PM »
You never know.With the dots seemingly connected, visiting Zola or attending a game can be a respite, similar to him playing Basketball hours after learning of his grandmother's death,rather than being an afterthought.It can happen.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

1]; } ?>