March 28, 2024, 05:04:13 AM

Author Topic: A lil Transfer News  (Read 2342 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
A lil Transfer News
« on: November 07, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »

Owen to chelsea

soccernet.com

Michael Owen will be moving to Chelsea in January, if reports across the British media are to be believed.

RossKinnaird/GettyImages

Owen: Will Scolari move for the Toon striker?

The 28-year-old Newcastle striker will move to West London for £5million, as Chelsea look to bring in some cut-price cover up front. Their number-one target, Sevilla's Luis Fabiano, is thought too expensive, at a prohibitive £25million - a sign that the credit crunch is biting even the deepest of pockets.

With Owen's contract set to run out next summer, the Stamford Bridge outfit hope they will be able to land their target on the cheap, although whether they will be keen to match his reported £120,000-a-week salary is another question.

And Chelsea might face competition from North London rivals Spurs, also thought to be interested in Owen, who consider the Newcastle man a cheaper alternative to another of their reported targets, White Hart Lane old boy Jermain Defoe.

Arshavin to Quit

Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin has reignited his transfer saga which dominated the headlines during the summer.

After a close season of on-off negotiations with Tottenham Hotspur, Arshavin eventually remained at Zenit after the two clubs failed to reach an agreement on a fee.

However, speaking after Zenit's 2-0 UEFA Champions League victory over BATE Borisov on Wednesday, Arshavin publicly demanded a transfer.

"Four months ago I told the president of the club that I didn't want to remain at the club any more," Arshavin told Sport Express.

"Everything depends on a single thing - whether Zenit will value me realistically. If that happens of course I will leave.

"[If it doesn't] I will be a Zenit player on paper only. I neither desire nor intend to play here next year."

Natural reaction
Arshavin denied that this was an ultimatum, stating simply that it was a 'natural reaction' to the uncertainty surrounding his transfer status.

The news could draw the attention of many clubs around Europe, not least Spurs, who conducted lengthy negotiations with Zenit over Arshavin this summer and have another Russian, Roman Pavlyuchenko, in the ranks.

Asked whether, in view of their precarious league position, Arshavin would consider a move to Spurs in January, the player was diplomatic.

"Naturally [if I was playing for Spurs] they would be challenging for the Champions League," he joked.

"Seriously, I cannot give an estimate because I am not in the team and, moreover, I haven't even seen how they are playing."

Zenit coach Dick Advocaat admitted in Friday's press conference that if the player wished to leave, the club should allow him to.

Meanwhile it was also announced that Advocaat had signed a new contract to coach the St Petersburg club until the end of 2009.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:18:36 AM by SHOTTA »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: A lil Transfer News
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
all in one day

Newcastle interim manager Joe Kinnear has slammed widespread reports in the media that Michael Owen will be moving to Chelsea in January.

RossKinnaird/GettyImages

Owen: Will Scolari move for the Toon striker?

A number of UK newspapers suggested on Friday that the 28-year-old Newcastle striker might move to West London for £5 million, with Chelsea looking to bring in some cut-price cover up front, after the Blues' number-one target, Sevilla's Luis Fabiano, was found to be a prohibitively expensive £25 million.

But Kinnear has fiercely denied claims of an Owen move, and urged Magpies bosses to agree a new contract with the striker. Should they fail to do so, Owen, whose deal runs out at the end of this season, would be able to leave Newcastle on a free transfer in the summer.

The Magpies may yet cash in on Owen in January while they still can, but Kinnear claims that no such move has been discussed.

"I have spoken to Michael about it today and he is bewildered himself as to where the stuff comes from. He just doesn't know," said Kinnear.

"Of course we want to keep our best players - and I have made that known to Michael."
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
good move for Owen if that happen...he will shine there...

Imagine Owen and Anelka...

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »
Owen would not work alongside Drogba or Anelka.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »

Yuh have ah valid point there..but nevertheless yuh cant say he wont be a good addition to Chelsea...

He definately cant run with d ball like Drogba but I think he is a more clinical finisher...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 06:22:15 PM »

Yuh have ah valid point there..but nevertheless yuh cant say he wont be a good addition to Chelsea...

He definately cant run with d ball like Drogba but I think he is a more clinical finisher...
lol, what are you guys talking about?  How do you know that he wont work alongside Drogba or Anelka?  These guys are professionals, anything could happen if they work at it.

1]; } ?>