April 26, 2024, 03:48:55 PM

Author Topic: Falkirk boss: Latapy's the best I've ever coached.  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Falkirk boss: Latapy's the best I've ever coached.
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:24:32 AM »
John Hughes: Falkirk fans will see more of Russell Latapy.
By Alan Marshall (dailyrecord).

Falkirk boss John Hughes last night told his club's fans not to write off Russell Latapy. Yogi insits the evergreen 40-year-old still has a part to play in their bid for league and cup success.

The veteran Trinidad & Tobago midfielder has been a peripheral figure this season, making just four appearances and only two starts.

Latapy has made a bigger impact for his country since his shock international recall, helping get the Soca Warriors' World Cup bid back on track and becoming the oldest scorer in qualifying history last month.

But Hughes says the ex-Rangers and Hibs star has unfinished business with the SPL and will deploy possibly the best player he has ever coached when the time is right.

Hughes, who takes his side to Hamilton tomorrow, said: "Don't write off Russell Latapy off because he has not played much this season.

"You don't play until you're 40 if you don't have commitment and desire. Look at what he has done for this club, he has been outstanding. When you talk about world-class players, he's up there.

"He hasn't got the legs now but what he can do with a football, in terms of his touch and passing.

For me, that is what world class is about.

"He has done so much for us, bringing the young boys through too.

"I played with some good players, but he is possibly the best I've ever coached."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Falkirk boss: Latapy's the best I've ever coached.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »
Excellent how much peeps say dat b4
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:25:51 AM »
The oldest scorer in qualifying history.

give that man a Guiness

oh yeah and put him in de book too ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 07:16:27 AM »
Nice comment from a former teammate and friend but who has the falkirk boss coached again ?

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:31:17 AM »
Nice comment from a former teammate and friend but who has the falkirk boss coached again ?

Take it for what its worth.  The best HE has coached.  Dont play the backside and try to minimize Latas talent you know.  ;)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:12:41 AM »
Jai...let the man praise the magico nah...oh god...take a lil ting for tnt nah...eh..

ask Robson his views... and Ivic...McLeish...Mourhino...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 08:37:11 AM »
Jai...let the man praise the magico nah...oh god...take a lil ting for tnt nah...eh..

you should know I am a latapy fan through and through. In fact I does still give Palos thunder for talking stupidness dat beenie was right to bench latas in de WC..but it have peeps arond and things have to be put in perspective so as not to mislead.
remember Nixon coach saying he was worth 9 million pounds and ah reporter make ah big ting in de papers bout dat ? when i ask dat same reporter how he could write dat he said ..is he, not me who say so ..but I said , you know dat eh true so why yuh write it ?
is the same way man does say ting and if nobody say .yes but understand de context ..it could be blown above proportion. dwight is we best known footballer ..but Dwight would not make a best ever in england list ...man go get vex if I interject when and if that is proposed , but it is not to belittle dwight just to put things in context.
so for de rcord let me state again ...Russel is the best player i have seen play for T&T, and i around long, but then who am I ? ..get my point ? 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
Jai. Hughes never said latapy was the best he ever coached. If you ignore the title of the thread and just study the title of the original article..you will see it is a perfectly level headed, complimentary article. And I don't see any posters taking it out of context prior to your response.

Ironically..it's your comments that will likely start a debate over a statement that was never said

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 11:31:42 AM »

you should know I am a latapy fan through and through. In fact I does still give Palos thunder for talking stupidness dat beenie was right to bench latas in de WC..but it have peeps arond and things have to be put in perspective so as not to mislead.
remember Nixon coach saying he was worth 9 million pounds and ah reporter make ah big ting in de papers bout dat ? when i ask dat same reporter how he could write dat he said ..is he, not me who say so ..but I said , you know dat eh true so why yuh write it ?
is the same way man does say ting and if nobody say .yes but understand de context ..it could be blown above proportion. dwight is we best known footballer ..but Dwight would not make a best ever in england list ...man go get vex if I interject when and if that is proposed , but it is not to belittle dwight just to put things in context.
so for de rcord let me state again ...Russel is the best player i have seen play for T&T, and i around long, but then who am I ? ..get my point ? 

Ironic dat a man should be chastisin me fuh something I never said, yet in de same post talkin bout context and blowin ting outta proportion  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 11:45:59 AM »

Ironic dat a man should be chastisin me fuh something I never said, yet in de same post talkin bout context and blowin ting outta proportion  ::)

Palos you really want me to dig up all dem statements you made to justify Beenie's decision to leave out latapy ? You sayin I makin dat up ?

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »
Latapy for Coach Prime Minister!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »
Jai. Hughes never said latapy was the best he ever coached. If you ignore the title of the thread and just study the title of the original article..you will see it is a perfectly level headed, complimentary article. And I don't see any posters taking it out of context prior to your response.

Ironically..it's your comments that will likely start a debate over a statement that was never said

Ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt but why dont we both read the last line of the article again .....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »

Ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt but why dont we both read the last line of the article again .....

I did. Doh tell me you don't see the difference between a man saying 'he's the best I ever coached' and 'he is possibly the best I ever coached'?

To me..those are two different statements.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »

Palos you really want me to dig up all dem statements you made to justify Beenie's decision to leave out latapy ? You sayin I makin dat up ?

If you want to play archaeologist, go right ahead.  Dig away sah.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »

wonder if ah call een tallman to assist if dat go be ah conflict of interest ? since I eh want to beak up de lime ask him off air if I makin dis up ? I eh go say nuttin ..I already know de answer . old people doh forget ! Ah notice dat yuh stance towards latapy change dese days ...well ah man could change his mind ..but a man doh deny himself !

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:41 PM »

So Filho, I feel you just digging deep down with that statement.  Many people when asked what was the best.....(whatever) state probably that time when I did.....etc.

Supposed Hughes had said he is PROBABLY the best I have coached.  Get my point.

There is very little difference between saying staright out, he is the best I have ever coached and he is the best I have possibly coached..very little indeed!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:45:23 PM by assrancid »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »

wonder if ah call een tallman to assist if dat go be ah conflict of interest ? since I eh want to beak up de lime ask him off air if I makin dis up ? I eh go say nuttin ..I already know de answer . old people doh forget ! Ah notice dat yuh stance towards latapy change dese days ...well ah man could change his mind ..but a man doh deny himself !

Call Tallman, Flex, Ghostbusters...me eh care who de fork yuh call.  Go ahead.  Prove it.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 02:10:29 PM »
Take it for what its worth.  The best HE has coached.  Dont play the backside and try to minimize Latas talent you know.

Rancid.. yuh surely put he in he place....

iz that a correct sentence... ???
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »

So Filho, I feel you just digging deep down with that statement.  Many people when asked what was the best.....(whatever) state probably that time when I did.....etc.

Supposed Hughes had said he is PROBABLY the best I have coached.  Get my point.

There is very little difference between saying staright out, he is the best I have ever coached and he is the best I have possibly coached..very little indeed!

doh really agree. If I ask someone something and they reply 'possibly', i taking away a different vibe than if they flat out say 'yes'. but maybe that is just me. no scene.

but i feel you missing my point rancid. All I was saying is that i find Jai focusing on a statement which Hughes technically didn't even say. His statement is the same as saying Latas is one of the best he's ever coached..and I'm not sure why anyone should that statement, or any of the responses that followed as being 'blown out of proportion'.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
Latas is theoretically, quintessentially, potentially and objectively speaking the best I have seen in Trinidad colors.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
Latas is theoretically, quintessentially, potentially and objectively speaking the best I have seen in Trinidad colors.

potentially?

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »

potentially?

lol, I hear you Fihlo

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 04:02:56 PM »

Jai John I am awaiting the day that you read an article, any article , and show the peeps on this message board that you grasp or comprehend what was written. To say that you are a little slow could be considered as heaping mounds of praise on you..........sheesh....good luck in your reading endeavours.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:08:22 PM by sub1 »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
Wait ah minute fellahs. Is n't Latapy one of the assitant coaches for the current WC team?????? According to Jack!!!!!!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 04:47:50 PM »

potentially?

dwell a lil bit on de heights boy Filho...it will depress yuh

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 11:56:06 PM »
Actually, Hughes is the coach of the team, but he sure hasn't "coached" the Magician because nobody cannot coach a GENIUS. I wonder who taught Einstien...E=MC2 ;D ::)
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »
LAtas is de bess weee
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>