April 26, 2024, 10:08:55 PM

Author Topic: Maturana hits own wicket.  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana hits own wicket.
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
It is hard to imagine that in 2008 there are people who could make such ridiculous comments and worse yet, this person is at the helm of a national football program. I don’t think this guy has the incredulousness to make such a statement. This must have been misinterpreted or put out of context or something.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »
It is hard to imagine that in 2008 there are people who could make such ridiculous comments and worse yet, this person is at the helm of a national football program. I don’t think this guy has the incredulousness to make such a statement. This must have been misinterpreted or put out of context or something.

I thought so too, but then the same thing could have been said of Wim's comments.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
So if Pacho didn't name that team (local based) who did?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »

I feel it was lost in translation....however, I need some time to think it over.  Therefore, all yuh goh find me by my favourite coconut tree pondering on this latest development.... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
This is absolutely ridiculous, and what will make it more mind-boggling is if Maturana gets a free pass with those comments, regardless of results.

Mats is a coach, in essense - a teacher. Here he and his boss, JW share a common bond.
Well suerly Jack should understand the following:
  • What if a teacher, responsible for moulding some of the nation's impressionable minds, chastises his class during a lesson and paraphrases Maturana?
How acceptable is this?

What makes Maturana any different from Aragones?
Both comments were racially inciteful, yet Aragones was vilified for it, and the Federation that refused to act was held accountable in public court, while chastised by their International counterparts.

This is no different to Don Imus' nappy headed hoes comment.
Neither some of the colourful comments overheard by Jesse Jackson in reference to Obama (For you Lasana).

Cultural differences and/ or similarities should not override this and allow it to be swept under the carpet. It is wrong and unfair to condone these comments by just looking the other way.

If Government has not already made out their cheque to the TTFF for salaries, they should withhold it until some sort of reprimand or disciplinary action is taken - and they must demand it. Gary Hunt now is your chance to stand up and be counted. It is absolutely necessary that Maturana retract those comments and apologise to the nation as a whole. He must realise that we are a cosmopolitan society, and he cannot hide behind the mask of ignorance for being a foreigner and here for sports.

It is absolutely offensive to other races that make up our society, because there is no way in hell that any non- AfroTrinidadian could make those comments in a public forum and not escape the wrath of a public outcry, let alone some of the more afrocentric figures that comment regularly.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »
This is absolutely ridiculous, and what will make it more mind-boggling is if Maturana gets a free pass with those comments, regardless of results.

Mats is a coach, in essense - a teacher. Here he and his boss, JW share a common bond.
Well suerly Jack should understand the following:
  • What if a teacher, responsible for moulding some of the nation's impressionable minds, chastises his class during a lesson and paraphrases Maturana?
How acceptable is this?

What makes Maturana any different from Aragones?
Both comments were racially inciteful, yet Aragones was vilified for it, and the Federation that refused to act was held accountable in public court, while chastised by their International counterparts.

This is no different to Don Imus' nappy headed hoes comment.
Neither some of the colourful comments overheard by Jesse Jackson in reference to Obama (For you Lasana).

Cultural differences and/ or similarities should not override this and allow it to be swept under the carpet. It is wrong and unfair to condone these comments by just looking the other way.

If Government has not already made out their cheque to the TTFF for salaries, they should withhold it until some sort of reprimand or disciplinary action is taken - and they must demand it. Gary Hunt now is your chance to stand up and be counted. It is absolutely necessary that Maturana retract those comments and apologise to the nation as a whole. He must realise that we are a cosmopolitan society, and he cannot hide behind the mask of ignorance for being a foreigner and here for sports.

It is absolutely offensive to other races that make up our society, because there is no way in hell that any non- AfroTrinidadian could make those comments in a public forum and not escape the wrath of a public outcry, let alone some of the more afrocentric figures that comment regularly.

How would you have reacted had he made the comment to you privately?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:15:38 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »
correct him on his ignorance.
If you say nothing, it's almost as good as applauding his comments.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »
Our race doesn't like to concentrate for long ...

Teach, wha it is de man really utter? nuestra raza, nuestra gente, la raza negra? ... what precisely? Ah wondering if is you open up dis kettle ah fish ... yuh doh suppose de correck interpretation (rather than translation) might have been Pacho internalizing Trinbagonians and positing something less sinister tending to ... Trini/local players need to concentrate more ... ?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »
Our race doesn't like to concentrate for long ...

Teach, wha it is de man really utter? nuestra raza, nuestra gente, la raza negra? ... what precisely? Ah wondering if is you open up dis kettle ah fish ... yuh doh suppose de correck interpretation (rather than translation) might have been Pacho internalizing Trinbagonians and positing something less sinister tending to ... Trini/local players need to concentrate more ... ?
I think the difference is too striking for the translator to make that mistake. I hope Lasana Liburd is not the only journalist paying attention and we could get a copy of the verbatim transcript.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 12:15:41 PM »
Jah u self of course is on LL payin attention d other joker from d express right he report from Corneal and Murray commentary
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 01:36:16 PM »
He explained the team's concentration lapses with a flippant "our race doesn't like to concentrate for long".

Well he say our...so that means he in the jump up too.

I surprised nobody pick up on this line...yet drinking rum under a coconut tree got way more mileage.

So does this explain why Birchall runs harder than any other member of our team and has the best work ethic. Also he doesnt seem to shut off....maybe we need more players of other races on the team.  ::)
Steupsssss...We coach yes...the 4king corbeaux.

Touches this point has been bothering over the past few days, actually longer than that......how come men like Birchall, Gattuso (ah know ah over-reaching here) and Stephen Ireland (Manchester City) does be running like wild men, pretty much non-stop.
Is it that they born so?
If i was ah youth looking to break into the national setup, man i woulda find out what it is these fellahs does be doing and do it too.

Going back to the topic......if is not one thing is de next, TnT football!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
He explained the team's concentration lapses with a flippant "our race doesn't like to concentrate for long".

I surprised nobody pick up on this line...yet drinking rum under a coconut tree got way more mileage.

So does this explain why Birchall runs harder than any other member of our team and has the best work ethic. Also he doesnt seem to shut off....maybe we need more players of other races on the team.  ::)

Touches this point has been bothering over the past few days, actually longer than that......how come men like Birchall, Gattuso (ah know ah over-reaching here) and Stephen Ireland (Manchester City) does be running like wild men, pretty much non-stop.
Is it that they born so?
If i was ah youth looking to break into the national setup, man i woulda find out what it is these fellahs does be doing and do it too.

I would say it is a product of their football culture and the individual capabilities. Those fellas come from places where match intensity is much higher than the T&T or the Caribbean for that matter. There is a much more aggressive approach to the game and they attack the ball a lot more. Watch how any English side does deal with a high ball- the intended recipient will not be given time control so can he can either go for a flick on or lose out to a converging defender who is quite happy to send the ball back where it came from. Individually none of the players you named are exceptionally gifted technically so their work ethic compensates especially in defensive situations.

The American born player Patterson (a black man btw) exhibited in his few appearances for T&T a much higher than average work rate as well. It worth noting that he has very little to offer by way of flair and skill but will run with blood in his shoes (where that come again ?)   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 02:57:48 PM »
Speaking as one of the men who was most critical of Wim's comment... I'm not even disturbed by Pacho's.  And yes I think the position is consistent.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »

Is it that they born so?

And people does complain about Cyd, Avery and other how they is wild man running all over the place and tackling everything that move.

Black people have smaller veins so less blood does travel to the brain, hence the reason we does zone out so often.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 03:52:01 PM »
Source: ttffonline

MATURANA STILL MAKING CHANGES     

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana is again likely to make changes to his 18-man squad for the November 19 World Cup qualifier against Cuba despite having his submitted his squad to manager David Muhammad on Saturday.

The Colombian, following Sunday's 1-1 draw with Guyana, said he still had not finalized and 18-member squad. And on Monday, after a review of the match against Guyana, Maturana has made changes which will be announced in the week relating to the list of home-based players.

It is not the first time the ex-Colombia coach has had to make changes after submitting his list to management prior to public announcement.  (Nov 19, 2008)

When told that he did not select a recognised left back in his 18-man squad, Maturana replied at the post game conference . “Three behind is not my style. I want to always be advancing because that’s how I like to play.”

“If we look at the people who play the top styles of football in the world, like Italy they play with four. France, Portugal, Germany, Manchester, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Milan all play with four so why now we have to play with three.

He remarked, “It’s something of delight, but I like to play with four players at the back because its more sharing of the ball.

Further pressed to clarify his 18-man team selection for the Cuba clash, Maturana, who seemed a bit confused, said: “One thing you can say that there is none, but we have here Aklie Edwards, Avery John and Lyndon Diaz.”

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
But Fuentes ent easy at all...

He still insisting that Maturana pick he side saturday when Maturana heself say that is not de case...

Comedy!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 04:58:13 PM »
If Government has not already made out their cheque to the TTFF for salaries

:rotfl: yea what are the chances of that

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »
ah cyah wait to see de changes

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 05:17:18 PM »
ah cyah wait to see de changes

Telesford go be included.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »
I just read a padna quote there.
It sums up Mats' thinking perfectly.

"why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it."

Afterall, there may be a method to the maddness. But who we depending on to translate it, is a whole other story.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2008, 10:34:37 PM »
Yeah Whatever!!!! Matu might hit he own wicket but at least nobody could say he gone for duck.   ::)
Right now he on a century.   :P
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>