April 29, 2024, 02:01:01 AM

Author Topic: Good Read! depending how you look at it  (Read 869 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Good Read! depending how you look at it
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:46:03 AM »
Pick up a copy of the "Fix" Wow! I must admit it makes you look at
football games ( and other sports) at times with a bit of an eyebrow raised.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Good Read! depending how you look at it
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 07:11:58 AM »
I heard the author on the radio the other night. he sounds like an ass, but some of the evidence he claims to have is really damning...he says there were World Cup matches that were fixed...including Brazil v Ghana in 2006...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 10:53:35 AM »
I heard the author on the radio the other night. he sounds like an ass, but some of the evidence he claims to have is really damning...he says there were World Cup matches that were fixed...including Brazil v Ghana in 2006...

not surprised, it happens all the time. just look at the money being betted on for a big game, you would understand the magnitude if a team loss or won what monetary effects it would have on the parties involved.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »

boss I like some things in the book. Especially how players go about fixing the games, its not what I really vision in match fixing. What was also startling is what goes on behind the fixing. Maf knocks on a player door, shows him a picture of his family back home and tells him do it or else. Dam!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>