March 28, 2024, 03:46:51 AM

Author Topic: Time for Wenger to go  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Time for Wenger to go
« on: November 16, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »
His ego (also known as Arsenal's firm "youth" policy) is what is keeping us down.

He has to prove to the world that he can win with these handpicked youngsters when a more balanced team would do wonders. 

Even Fabregas said that recently.  At 24 he is a veteran on the team.  Steups

A young team will always be inconsistent.  Lose to Stoke the week before. Beat Man Utd last week. Lose to Aston Villa this week.

Time for Wenger to go.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Wenger to go
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 06:01:14 AM »
nah he need to stay but they need to have sombody help him with buying players. during the transfer season he need to not have the final say
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 06:03:33 AM »
nah he need to stay but they need to have sombody help him with buying players. during the transfer season he need to not have the final say

Nice idea, but not realistic.  Once he is there he will demand the final say.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 06:45:02 AM »
His ego (also known as Arsenal's firm "youth" policy) is what is keeping us down.

He has to prove to the world that he can win with these handpicked youngsters when a more balanced team would do wonders. 

A young team will always be inconsistent.  Lose to Stoke the week before. Beat Man Utd last week. Lose to Aston Villa this week.

Time for Wenger to go.

why wasn't fergie sacked when united got nothing in some of thier seasons? over hsi 20yrs i am sure there are several years manu won nothign under fergie

so why jump down on wenger for his principles?

i agree he is not producing results, he needs to make changes not change him

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 07:04:18 AM »

Time for Wenger to go.

why wasn't fergie sacked when united got nothing in some of thier seasons? over hsi 20yrs i am sure there are several years manu won nothign under fergie

so why jump down on wenger for his principles?

i agree he is not producing results, he needs to make changes not change him

Wenger is one of the household names and yuh dont just dump a coach of his caliber just like dat. Like it or not he has proven himself amongst the better coaches out there. So has the liverpool coach though i am not a fan.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 07:10:19 AM »

Time for Wenger to go.

I was talking about this Dilemna for Wenger and Arsenal last week.

What Wenger is trying to do is admirable but might never come off. It is just hard to keep players of that quality happy when the club is not winning.

The better the players are the more teams will want them and turn they head.

For the record I don't think he should be fired though.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:11:51 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 07:16:43 AM »

Time for Wenger to go.

I was talking about this Dilemna for Wenger and Arsenal last week.

What Wenger is trying to do is admirable but might never come off. It is just hard to keep players of that quality happy when the club is not winning.

The better the players are the more teams will want them and turn they head.

For the record I don't think he should be fired though.

I agree. In fact i respect arsenal a whole lot because of this youth development. He needs to find a balance though..people only have patience for so long.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »
Wenger stays!! There are other clubs that are spending more and achieving significantly less. Yes we want to win, but losing is part of the game. Too many waggonist getting an audience is just my humble opinion. Let the "glory hunters" walk away so we could continue to do our thing win, lose or draw.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:21:18 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 08:41:13 AM »

Time for Wenger to go.

Totally disagree  he's building a young team and it takes time he will lose some and he will win some in a few years when his team tearing up everything in sight ...I hope you remember this article...they play an attractive buildup style but I think they are weak in front of goal and they obviously need to beef up their central defense.....I looked at Adebayor good yesterday .... the boy can score but he is not good with the ball at his foot in fact I think a few years back he was better he is no Henry and he can't create for himself..he is good but he is no where near as dangerous as Rooney and these guys neither is the dutch boy up front....Arsene needs to invest in a dangerous attacking forward (or two) and some central defenders  their most dangerous attacker is Theo and to me he is the most dangerous on the wing where he can use his pace. He needs to look for a Benzema or a Pato or a Jones something like that

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 09:52:33 AM »

Time for Wenger to go.

Totally disagree  he's building a young team and it takes time he will lose some and he will win some in a few years when his team tearing up everything in sight ...I hope you remember this article...they play an attractive buildup style but I think they are weak in front of goal and they obviously need to beef up their central defense.....I looked at Adebayor good yesterday .... the boy can score but he is not good with the ball at his foot in fact I think a few years back he was better he is no Henry and he can't create for himself..he is good but he is no where near as dangerous as Rooney and these guys neither is the dutch boy up front....Arsene needs to invest in a dangerous attacking forward (or two) and some central defenders  their most dangerous attacker is Theo and to me he is the most dangerous on the wing where he can use his pace. He needs to look for a Benzema or a Pato or a Jones something like that

What young TEAM is Wenger building?  Every year a couple youngsters leave.  So this "team" that he is building will never appear.  Worse yet:  When those couple youngsters leave Wenger replaces them with more teenagers.  Doh make much sense to be grooming young players for other clubs to poach when they are "ready".

I am a huge Arsenal fan.  But to see Wenger try to feed his ego with this Under-23 team when a few older players developed by other teams would make a big difference is difficult.

And please don't say that Wenger is not doing this to feed his ego.

The "invincables" were a team mixed with youth and experience.

And no, no one man is bigger than any club.  So if he continues to go against the Board and not strengthen the team with the transfer funds that he has been allotted, then yes, he needs to go.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 10:00:07 AM »
Do we know for sure that Wenger is pulling all the strings?  How do we know that it's not certain restrictions (budgetary and otherwise) that put him in a position where he has to go beyond the beaten path for talent...Why are we chalking it up to ego only when it's pretty obvious that injuries to key players (e.g. Rosicky, Adebayor, Eduardo, Van Persie, ) add to his predicament.  Last season Arsenal lost the league by 4 points and it only slipped away from them in the 2nd or 3rd to last game of the season...and it was clear that injuries to Rosicky, Eduardo & Van Persie (arguably their 3 bigges players) were a huge factor in the inconsistency down the stretch.  Take C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez/Berbatov out of Man U's line up and I'm sure they will struggle to adjust...Take Chelsea's 3 biggest players out of the picture and it's probably the same... In yesterday's game the biggest stone pullers were Gallas and Silvestre (and they not young)..

I agree some experience and depth in Arsenal's line up would be a huge plus, but chalking it up to Wenger's ego is presumptive, overly simplistic and possibly unfair....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »
Well the word on the block is that he is trying to strengthen them in January....he definitely needs to go after some big names. Essentially he is doing what man u is doing as well but Man u is willing to dish out the cash for the young players so they're getting the guns...Ronaldo , nani , rooney , tevez and my fav Anderson are all young players but they came at a substantial price......He needs to go after Benzema in a hurry and he needs a central defender big time............

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
Well the word on the block is that he is trying to strengthen them in January....he definitely needs to go after some big names. Essentially he is doing what man u is doing as well but Man u is willing to dish out the cash for the young players so they're getting the guns...Ronaldo , nani , rooney , tevez and my fav Anderson are all young players but they came at a substantial price......He needs to go after Benzema in a hurry and he needs a central defender big time............

Didn't we hear this same thing last year?  The Board had to go the press to say that yes, Wenger was given a "war chest" to buy new players in January.

Did he?

Of course not.

As Alex Ferguson once said, boys can win games but not a championship.  Arsenal was ahead last year after Christmas.  Then injuries happened (as all teams have) and the boys started to wilt. 

Oh by the way, Wenger does call the shots when it comes to transfers at Arsenal.  The Board has made it clear on many ocassions that he is the first and last word on that topic.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 10:10:30 AM »

Oh by the way, Wenger does call the shots when it comes to transfers at Arsenal.  The Board has made it clear on many ocassions that he is the first and last word on that topic.

Cool- was honestly just asking....

But you can't help but ask yourself how much of that is good PR?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 11:05:46 AM »
there's only 1 arsene wenger! theres only 1 arsene wenger! with a bag of sweets and a cheeky smile, wenger is a f**king pedophile
all together now

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »
Do we know for sure that Wenger is pulling all the strings?  How do we know that it's not certain restrictions (budgetary and otherwise) that put him in a position where he has to go beyond the beaten path for talent...Why are we chalking it up to ego only when it's pretty obvious that injuries to key players (e.g. Rosicky, Adebayor, Eduardo, Van Persie, ) add to his predicament.  Last season Arsenal lost the league by 4 points and it only slipped away from them in the 2nd or 3rd to last game of the season...and it was clear that injuries to Rosicky, Eduardo & Van Persie (arguably their 3 bigges players) were a huge factor in the inconsistency down the stretch.  Take C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez/Berbatov out of Man U's line up and I'm sure they will struggle to adjust...Take Chelsea's 3 biggest players out of the picture and it's probably the same... In yesterday's game the biggest stone pullers were Gallas and Silvestre (and they not young)..

I agree some experience and depth in Arsenal's line up would be a huge plus, but chalking it up to Wenger's ego is presumptive, overly simplistic and possibly unfair....

leave chelsea outta dat..

last year they lost drogba, lampard, essien, terry and cole at crucial times and for long stretches in the campaign yet they still run man utd down to the wire... even essien and ferreira was playing central defence at a point.. arguably the only reason that man utd win the title is that they were the luckiest with injuries.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
WHERE?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »

Time for Wenger to go.

Cesc is 21

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »

Cool- was honestly just asking....

But you can't help but ask yourself how much of that is good PR?

The board will always divert blame to the manager. David Dein was in change of transfers, and since he left Wenger has been doing the job of two men. Wenger says there is a tight budget, and the board says they make money available to him. I think the profit-making in the transfer window makes the people in the office happy.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »

last year they lost drogba, lampard, essien, terry and cole at crucial times and for long stretches in the campaign yet they still run man utd down to the wire... even essien and ferreira was playing central defence at a point.. arguably the only reason that man utd win the title is that they were the luckiest with injuries.

....and ah bet yuh if the Chelsea pundits had to give an account of their season, they would attribute bumps in the road somewhat in part to having to juggle players around due to injury.. (and of course managerial turmoil despite Grant's record being just as good if not better than Mourinho's)

Just saying that missing your most influencial players will have an adverse effect on any team....

Whether or not Chelsea has more depth than Arsenal to lessen the magnitude of their bumps is a different conversation- to which I've already suggested that Arsenal could use more experience & depth.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
arsenal higher ups have appetite fuh pain.he should have been gone long time. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »
Bring back Viera (or a player that fits that mold).  Arsenal need a true leader on the field.  Who has that been since Viera's departure? The closes was the Brazilian!  Dem youth man need a leader!!

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Arsenal is a Team that needs a focal figure. Viera and then to a degree Henry but no one else does it for them and when the going gets tuff the kids start to buckle but they still play some of the most attractive football on the mainland.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 02:38:25 PM »

bravo kicker guru

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »
wenger is a pedo
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 07:49:13 PM »
 :rotfl:

put wenger in charge of youth development

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maybe he cud get a wuk coaching intercol?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 08:12:02 PM »

Time for Wenger to go.

Yes... at last, an honest assessment...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
if he goes (which i think will not happen for at least 2-3 years at least)   who will replace him? 

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 11:53:31 PM »

....and ah bet yuh if the Chelsea pundits had to give an account of their season, they would attribute bumps in the road somewhat in part to having to juggle players around due to injury.. (and of course managerial turmoil despite Grant's record being just as good if not better than Mourinho's)
Just saying that missing your most influencial players will have an adverse effect on any team....

Whether or not Chelsea has more depth than Arsenal to lessen the magnitude of their bumps is a different conversation- to which I've already suggested that Arsenal could use more experience & depth.

kicker dont feel i am making an attack on you ...but seriously any person who is a REALISTIC chelsea pundit (which i like to belive myself to be) would choose not to take the stance of the blame game on managerial change from Early in the season
you have a case of missing ur most influencial players (mourinho though his effect was talked about till after the end of the season was really not a realistic point when it came to playing for the title)...the boys will have to look at the result at wigan where we let heskey score in extra time to snatch 2 points from us and take destiny out of our hands and at the last game against bolton..Or the Cl final where the grass was maybe just a Lil TOO greener or wet for the other side ..basically when it comes down to the business end of playing football a professional on the field only tries to do his best and forgets the off field and behind the scene matters (as humans how well thy do tht is up to them)

as for pertaining to the subject Wenger shouldnt go but he should realise that maybe a lil experience is needed...a Hard steel man like viera in the middle to settle the nerves when a team like villa is bombarding u with attacks....a deffender who makes it clear to even captain gallas and toure that they have to play A game or they will be replaced (like agger and skrtel did at pool with caragher and hyppia)...ive heard talks of derossi coming but i doubt it ..he is prolly another one team roman wonder..(e.g totti)...My advice to arsenal fans is to stop looking to Benzema to come....of course he seems like a obvious candidate he is Young..skilfull and he speaks french (seems like ramsey and walcott the only two youngsters or players period  who dont speak a second language) with Adebayor...Van persie...Bendtner that is too many tall skillful forwards and they will stiful each other....maybe wenger could bring in a man like gattuso or somebody who box to box and makes no secret that his business is to boss the midfield ....not a finese player but who could obviously teach men like diaby and song who are capable of filling the role how to have the finese and hard nose style of play (if mikel was in this team or diarra still there then i think they would have had more solidity in the middle even with both palyers having faults in their game)

As for the main question....Wenger has won a title....been to the CL final...and saw countless cups...not to mention a standard of football In the World where only barcelona and roma were able to replicate (chelsea and man u now to some extent too)...ATRRACTIVE foOTBALL....

last year the problem was finishing and depth...he did enuff to build the invincibles he CAN do it again...

but if Wenger deserves a thread like this then i expect to see one for Rafa Benitez who is yet to win a English Premier League medal...

(imagine all this advice for the bloody periods of london) from a chelsea fan...alyuh gyul teamz and periods  (3/4 big 4 wear red) does real need we help oui lol (relax fellas is jus kikz)

1]; } ?>