April 27, 2024, 02:57:27 PM

Author Topic: Defence upsets N.E.Stars, Jabloteh swamp Tobago  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Defence upsets N.E.Stars, Jabloteh swamp Tobago
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:05:41 PM »
Mr. Beenie was there and stayed for every minute of the FCB Cup action at Larry Gomes. De crowd was fair sized wid a setta men bawling dong de place and about 3 riddim section takin turns. Its de first time I ever hear a riddim section play opera music,...aye was a good laugh yes....dey was from Point Fortin. During de break 3 Canal did deh ting.

On de field, Jabloteh had an easy night against Tobago beating them 5-1. I have seen them play much better than they did tonight it could have easily been 8-0. Aurtis Whitley had a horrible night including a penalty miss trying to lob de keeper or something but he miss de whole goal by a mile. He just look tired. After that penalty miss de whole team performance went sour. Noray was nippy and troublesome. Josh Johnson hit a bullet ball from about 30 yds out for de 5th goal. It was a beauty I sure he must have impressed Beenie tonight.  Anyway enough about that match de match of de night was Defence Force against North East Stars.

From de first minute Defence Force had about 5 men in defence and just counter-attacked all night long. They kept their shape and just look too slick with deh passing and more comfortable than Stars on de ball. Stars get a penalty late in de game but dat was not enough.

Stars forwards let them down too with a setta misses from even close up when they created good chances late in de game.

Anthony Wolfe (captain and striker) had a very good game in front of Beenie he was de only man giving Defence force any presha. He brudda Glenton Wolfe look very ordinary and was probably responsible for de man crossing de ball for the second goal against them.

Defence Force played very well and looked crisp. Anton Pierre looked good and most of de times it look like they literally had five in de back trying desperately not to conceed and it worked. I couldnt believe that this was the same team that Jabloteh hammer 7-0 de odda day, they just look completely different in intelligence, touch, fitness and discipline. 

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Defence upsets N.E.Stars, Jabloteh swamp Tobago
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:38:15 PM »
nice report...u giving better report than dem boys who working with de local media!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 02:38:14 AM »
Thanks Solo..... which players stood out on the field, who look good in defence, midfield and foward... I mean who yuh thing should get a trail.... how much people so in de crowd... did you see any better left footed players other than Glenton Wolfe... etc etc....

Do you know the score for the Caledonia AIA Fire vs United Petrotrin game, and the final score for the Army vs Stars game....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 02:42:02 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 08:24:45 AM »
Sorry Sam I dont know the Caledonia score. The final score for Army stars was 2-1 for Army and it was a good solid win by Army.

In terms  of left foot, Defence Force seem to be the team with de most left foots. In fact de first Defence Force goal was from a wicked swerving left foot shot from a tall Defence Force midfielder ( Baptiste I believe) left de keeper no chance with a low shot.

In terms of left side defenders I think the left back from Jabloteh I think his name is Daniels played very good and solid coming forward nce in attack and beating man lef right and centre with some neat lil cut beats. I dont think his left foot is better than Glenton's though its just that he played the position better.

In terms of other players standing out that I did not mention before. I dont think I saw any really  but to me the prize for playing as a team went to Army deh really surprise me boy.

By de way I was watching a College game on tv this morning ( UCLA v Penn State) and I could tell you certainly that they no way near any of the Pro League teams I see deh last night. Even Tobago would beat dem easy.

1]; } ?>