April 19, 2024, 12:08:31 PM

Author Topic: Jones eager to wear T&T colors again.  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jones eager to wear T&T colors again.
« on: November 18, 2008, 05:16:48 AM »
Jones eager to wear T&T colors again.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones has cleared the air on his return to the National Team less than a month after returning to Premiership action from a serious knee injury.

The big man arrived in Port of Spain on Sunday along with several of his other UK-based T&T teammates including club-mate Dwight Yorke, Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Carlos Edwards, Swansea City’s Jason Scotland, Crewe Alexandra’s Dennis Lawrence, Bristol City’s Stern John, Falkirk’s Russell Latapy, Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince and Rhyl FC’s Josh Johnson. Coming in later on Monday was Hull City goalie Anthony Warner while Chris Birchall came in a couple days before the rest.

But after a lay off from international football dating back to injury sustained against England in June, many felt Jones should have kept himself free of the extra duty until next year. But don’t say that to the 24-year-old as he wants to play every game possible at this stage even with T&T needing only a draw against Cuba at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Wednesday.

“People have their opinion. Everyone’s got their opinions on when and why things should happen. But for me I wanted to get back in to get a feel even before, God willing, we do make it to the final round. That’s because at this point in time I need the games and it’s only going to help me. It gives me a chance to fall back in under the eye of the public, the eye of my teammates and get familiar with them again. Basically it’s about getting back into the set up of the national team again,” Jones told TTFF Media on Monday.

‘I don’t ever want to look back on my career where I would have had the opportunity to play and not do it and then have to say well I should have done that or I should have listened otherwise.”

With two goals in consecutive matches, the former W Connection player is hopeful of a win on Wednesday and feels positive about T&T’s chances in the final round which kicks off on February 11, 2009.

“We are not expecting less of ourselves on Wednesday…nothing but a win. But football can be a funny game and we are going out there with the mentality to ensure we secure that spot in the final group stage.

“I think we have a very good chance. Once we have a fully strong team then we have the capability to do anything. It’s not beyond us. Once the confidence is there… we have enough talent and  experience to take Trinidad and Tobago to higher heights,” Jones added.

Meantime, there were no injury concerns following the latest set of club matches played by both the local and overseas pros. The list of home-based pros include Makan Hislop, Keyeno Thomas, Aklie Edwards, Cyd Gray, Keon Daniel, Clyde Leon while Khaleem Hyland is based in Belgium.

Fans on Wednesday will also get to view a friendly between T&T’s National Under 20s and Suriname’s National Under 20s from 6:30pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The team will train from 8am at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Tuesday with the match venue unavailable because of the heavy rain showers on Monday evening.

View Kenwyne's chat
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:55:55 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones eager to wear T&T colors again.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »
I like the attitude from Jones and it also makes he happy to see Birchall here earlier than the rest, nice commitment from both.

Wonder if this is the first time Anthony Warner ever visit T&T ? Tallman, e-man, Flex, help me out here.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »
Ah feel Jones go get ah second half start!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:00:02 PM »
I wonder if he still flipping and ting when he score. Wid dat size he put on I really cya see he ankle handling dem kind a flips.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 12:44:32 PM »
I wonder if he still flipping and ting when he score. Wid dat size he put on I really cya see he ankle handling dem kind a flips.
war

He doing someting new now, he watching up in the sky and thanking God.  His flipping days done.......for now!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »
well he will be ill-advised to be doing any flips on that newly healed knee of his!!

ah feel he good for at least 2 goals come tomorrow. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
I agreee, and Jones deff scoring tmr...gambling confident he scoring....ONCE HE PLAY that is!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »
If he eager to wear the jersey, let us buy him one ;D ;D ;D
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »
Yuh know what i figour! this cuba game eh have no intensity like the USA game, ah hope they know this game has the same significance and ramification as the nov 89 game.

if we loss and guatemala win we OUT!! SO THEY BETTER DOH GET TOO COMPLAISANT!! BC cuba could damn well spoil the party again, and wid batty hole anton and mad as rass pancho, slow coach no ideas scotland could start before stern and KJ.

we defiantly need ah new coach, one who recognize good talent and knows how to rotate and utilize players in their rightful position.

BTW  osie telesford is ah better defender than cyd, hislop, thomas, and avery, and daryl roberts is ah better midfielder than, hyland, leon, danials,carlos and birchall.                                     positive.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:10:26 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>