April 18, 2024, 12:57:02 AM

Author Topic: Ancelotti wants to coach Ivory Coast  (Read 648 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Ancelotti wants to coach Ivory Coast
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »
Ancelotti future shock

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8813476/A-stroll-through-Italy-and-the-Serie-A

Carlo Ancelotti has sent shockwaves around Italy with his admission that his future may lie in Africa.

Speaking at the Golden Bench awards ceremony where Roberto Mancini was victorious, the 49-year-old coach admitted his desire to take charge of Ivory Coast, even as soon as his current deal expires with the Milan giants.

He said: "I like African football. In 2010, when my contract expires with [AC] Milan, I would like to coach Ivory Coast.

"African football has enormous potential, although no one until now has been able to bring it out and it cannot be excluded that sometime tomorrow that person could be me. I'm well aware that there would be plenty of difficulties due to the different mentalities, but the challenge would be amazing."

One-time Rossoneri target, Didier Drogba, is the most well-known of the African nation's players, although the man who has won all the major honours on the domestic front in his eight-year spell in charge of the Milan giants does not regard the Chelsea striker as the only talent available to the nation ranked 28th in the world by FIFA.

He added: The Ivory Coast have a number of world class players other than the Chelsea forward. There are Salomon Kalou, Emmanuel Eboue as well as Yaya and Kolo Toure, who are potential World Champions, but the problem is that when they play together, for one reason or another, they aren't able to achieve all that they should."

Ivory Coast debuted in the World Cup finals in the tournament held in Germany in 2006 which was won by Italy under Marcello Lippi and who Ancelotti is regarded as favourite to replace following the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

1]; } ?>