April 25, 2024, 03:21:23 AM

Author Topic: Warriors through to final 'Hex'  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors through to final 'Hex'
« on: November 20, 2008, 04:53:20 AM »
Warriors through to final 'Hex'
By: The Associated Press

Trinidad and Tobago progressed to the CONCACAF finals of World Cup qualifying by beating Cuba 3-0 on Wednesday.

Trinidad needed only a draw to join the United States as qualifiers from Group 1, but Kenwyne Jones and Dwight Yorke scored in a two-minute span of the second half, and Keon Daniel's late strike helped to send the fans home happy from Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Trinidad's Colombian-born coach Francisco Maturana said he was satisfied with achieving the objective of qualifying for the next phase.

In highlighting Jones as "a rock," Maturana said his potential was still untapped.

"I believe Kenwyne Jones has the capacity to be one of the best forwards in the world," Maturana said. "He is a rock, and it's been a few years he's been like that."

On a heavy pitch soaked by two days of torrential rain, Trinidad almost scored after two minutes when Cuba defender Jenier Molina slipped and gifted possession to Russell Latapy, but the 40-year-old dragged his shot wide.

Cuba could have scored in the 24th when a fierce Mario Leonard drive beat goalkeeper Clayton Ince only to hit the inside of the post. Roberto Balmaseda failed to convert the rebound.

Trinidad began to look nervous as numerous chances were wasted but Yorke put Jones through one-on-one with Cuba goalkeeper Danis Quintero Chevans in the 67th and he slotted the ball beneath Chevans.

Moments later Jones returned the favor when he fed Yorke inside the penalty area and the Trinidad skipper made no mistake, drifting past a defender before driving a low right-foot shot beyond Chevans.

With a minute to go, Carlos Edwards charged down the right flank before cutting the ball back to the top of the box, from where Daniel calmly side-footed a shot into the roof of the net.

"It was significant that we had this result tonight because even though people felt this was going to be an easy game we didn't play particularly great in the first half," Yorke said.

There was some tough talking at halftime, he added.

"We got in at 0-0 but things could have gone the other way and we recognized that. Some harsh words were said and full credit to the players because they stepped up to the plate (in the second half)."

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Clayton Ince, 3.Aklie Edwards, 5.Keyeno Thomas, 6.Dennis Lawrence, 7.Christopher Birchall (Khaleem Hyland 81st), 8.Cyd Gray, 9.Keon Daniel, 10.Russell Latapy (14.Stern John 73rd), 11.Carlos Edwards, 15.Kenwyne Jones (12.Jason Scotland 79th), 17.Dwight Yorke (capt).

Subs Not Used: 18.Anthony Warner (GK), 13.Josh Johnson, 2.Clyde Leon.

Cuba: - 1.Danis Quintero Chevans, 2.Silvio Minoso (capt), 3.Jenier Molina, 4.Hnier Cantillo, 6.Joel Valencia (14.Juan Gonzalez 84th), 7.Lazaro Pratt, 8.Alianni Montaya, 9.Luis Ramirez, 10.Roberto Balmaseda (11.Jensee Sallez 81st), 16.Reisandry Cervantes, Mario Leonard (Evier Gonzalez 76th).
Warriors advance.
By: Gregory Trujillo (Guardian).

T&T Soca Warriors are into the final round of qualification for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

In aiming to make the world’s biggest football event for the second straight occasion, the Soca Wariors defeated Cuba 3-0 last night at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, with goals coming from Sunderland duo Kenwyne Jones and Dwight Yorke and local-based Keon Daniel.

The Soca Warriors won the first two corners of the match, both crosses were handled by the visitors’ defence.

With the Cubans not afraid to take shots, they were unlucky not to forge ahead in the 24th minute when a pile-driver by Pratt hit the upright.

In the 43rd minute, a good combination featuring Yorke, Latapy and Jones ended with Latapy volleying overbar.

T&T had a number of chances soon after the break with the first real chance falling to Edwards on the hour mark. But his cracking shot smashed against the crossbar.

The floodgates were opened for T&T in the 67th when Sunderland teammates Yorke and Jones combined to give the home team the important lead.

Defender Thomas broke up a Cuban attack, played the ball to Yorke in midfield. The skipper in turn put Jones through and the striker chipped over the head of advancing Quintros.

Two minutes later, Jones returned the favour for Yorke, who beat a defender and then Quintros to score.

Daniel sealed the issue when he notched his fourth goal in the tournament. With a cool head, the Petrotrin forward neatly placed a roofer past Quintros in the 89th.

T&T will now join the United States, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica and El Salvador in the six-team final round home and away series—the draw for which will be made tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:30:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors through to final 'Hex'
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 06:56:10 AM »
TTFF: but Yorke put Jones through one-on-one with Cuba goalkeeper Danis Quintero Chevans in the 67th and he slotted the ball beneath Chevans.

Guardian: played the ball to Yorke in midfield. The skipper in turn put Jones through and the striker chipped over the head of advancing Quintros.

TTFF:  The draw for  that round takes place in Johannesburg on Sunday.

Guardian: the draw for which will be made tomorrow.

This the same game ?????
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:46:07 AM »
Dem reporters does get d story from dey partner at d game. All d clown had 2 do is check d FIFA site and c when d draw is. Dat is d journalist we have
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:55:55 AM »
and one say the ball get put under the keeper and one say he chip de keeper ?? which one is the truth ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:59:44 AM »
TTFF: but Yorke put Jones through one-on-one with Cuba goalkeeper Danis Quintero Chevans in the 67th and he slotted the ball beneath Chevans.

Guardian: played the ball to Yorke in midfield. The skipper in turn put Jones through and the striker chipped over the head of advancing Quintros.

This the same game ?????

:rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:03:34 AM »
and one say the ball get put under the keeper and one say he chip de keeper ?? which one is the truth ?

both ;D he chip de ball under the keeper, defy de laws of physics and in de running for de Noble Prize is in Quantum Wizadry.

Man..I give up on T&T journalism long time. At least dey get the Trini scorers right? errr...well..I hope they did

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »
On a serious note. I relieved...it hard following T&T when you can't see most of de matches and yuh jess dey biting yuh nails hoping dey get thru. At least I was able to watch de US game. Once it was 1-0 to the US I start to relax. Looking forward to de Hex :beermug:

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »
There was some tough talking at halftime, he added.

"We got in at 0-0 but things could have gone the other way and we recognized that. Some harsh words were said and full credit to the players because they stepped up to the plate (in the second half)."

There should have been some harsh word before the game. Why do we alway come out flat, then after we score is like blood in we mouth?  I  had said the same thing in a couple other treads, the lackadaisicalness can become a downfall to this team! WE need to play with more urgency from the beginning to de end. Who ever blaze them with fire in tha dressing room, thank God fuh them, because ah know it ent Pacho becauase he ent know English to well.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:55:29 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:07:06 AM »
Cussin iz a Universal language so it could b Mats
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
No Touches match report yet and is almost noon?
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »
Like yuh did get ban or wha Touches?  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No Touches match report yet and is almost noon?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
He stickin put a hold on dat checque

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »
He mustbe eh recover from celebrating yet.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »
How Long we ha tuh wait fuh dis ting boy???
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »
He fly out dis morning. Cool allyuh self nah. He go probably type up a lil sumn when he settle in this evening.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »
Maybe de man have a life?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »
An a waiting for somebody to post some video.  I could not find it in the US and I waiting for highlights...pleeeeeaaaasssee somebody!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »
He still in the stadium.

Més que un club.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »

Nah, nah he beholden to we....he have to feed the monster he create... :devil: ;D
...geez and ages Touches is 4:12 pm TT time...whey yuh??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 02:31:40 PM »

Nah, nah he beholden to we....he have to feed the monster he create... :devil: ;D
...geez and ages Touches is 4:12 pm TT time...whey yuh??

Well....u watch de game.  Gi we a sweet and dong low report or at least a quasi granulated report in de meantime nah.... ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »
Dear Forumites,

I am on vacation!!!!

Just got off a flight and I will type up a lil something tonight.

Oh Jack Warner jr and senior, groeden and Maturana were on the flight as well. Plus I see our good friend True trini.

to sum it up...we play shit in the first half and nearly concede 3 had it not been for the heroics of ince and the post. Yorke get a stink beat thru he leg and Aklie first touch of the ball went for a throw in.

But we did well in the second half and it was action. A totally revamped effort.

Alright alyuh hold on to that for now.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 03:00:40 PM »
Dear Forumites,

I am on vacation!!!!

Just got off a flight and I will type up a lil something tonight.

Oh Jack Warner jr and senior, groeden and Maturana were on the flight as well. Plus I see our good friend True trini.

to sum it up...we play shit in the first half and nearly concede 3 had it not been for the heroics of ince and the post. Yorke get a stink beat thru he leg and Aklie first touch of the ball went for a throw in.

But we did well in the second half and it was action. A totally revamped effort.

Alright alyuh hold on to that for now.

Touches you are a wicked man ;D
after waiting de whole day yuh come and just tease we  >:(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »
Enjoy yuh vacation Touches...but hurry up wid de damn report nah... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
Well....u watch de game.  Gi we a sweet and dong low report or at least a quasi granulated report in de meantime nah.... ;D

My dear Palos, I was not at the game and I did not see the entire thing on TV either....and yes before you ask, I missed seeing my Birchie in flesh..... :)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 03:34:32 PM »

My dear Palos, I was not at the game and I did not see the entire thing on TV either....and yes before you ask, I missed seeing my Birchie in flesh..... :)

Actually...dat wasn't de question ah was goin to ask.  Ah was goin to ask if de jeep did bruk dong and daz why yuh miss part a de game.... ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »
some pics

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
so yuh couldn't ketch a later flight so you could have time to post yuh match report???????????????????.......that is bad planning sir....there are people here who depend on yuh report...

BTW...hope you and Jack have a great time....enjoy allyuh vacation..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »

Yeh, ah see Groden in de airport. Dey on dey way to South Africa for de draw on Saturday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 05:47:32 PM »
talls...pics???

i wha dem dee d competition...

according to weary... ' the best form ah flattery is imitation...'
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
Allyuh men eh have no patience or wha ;D? De man make ah effort to let allyuh know he will send something soon. at least he quickly summarize it. But ah understand. it come like  when yuh sweet gyal goin away and only give yuh a little piece ah sex until she come back for a good session. 

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »

This the same game ?????

fellahs who see the highlights know the guardian wrong about how jones put it in.  the draw will be done by sometine saturday afternoon 

1]; } ?>