April 24, 2024, 08:13:12 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland recall Carlos.  (Read 7325 times)

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland recall Carlos.
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »
sorry if it sounds bad & keane will know better than me - but i doh see carlos as being very sharp either.

i mean we (warriors) need him. but i doh see how in the past 2 months he has 'proven to be sharp' and the question begs - sharp against what level of opposition?'

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
keane loaning out carlos was de best thing for carlos and sunderland. i dont fault keane at all in this case because he cud have left him to suffer on the bench and not get games under his belt. as ah man say earlier...berchie beggin for ah loan right now so he cud get games as well. ask any player who play at that level...they rather take the loan because they know they going to a club that need their services and will start them once they not injured....and carlos at the time needed to be playing. smart move by keane to also put that clause in the agreement...shows that he has a level of confidence in carlos' ability as well. :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »
sorry if it sounds bad & keane will know better than me - but i doh see carlos as being very sharp either.

i mean we (warriors) need him. but i doh see how in the past 2 months he has 'proven to be sharp' and the question begs - sharp against what level of opposition?'

Well the thing about it is, Keane knows Carlos attributes.  With the fact that he is disatisfied with some of his aquisitions and trusting in Carlos abilities, I think he is now willing to gamble that Carlos will now show on the pitch what he has known him to be capable of all along.  The man like Carlos game from long time and has said so in more than 1 interview I seen.  I just think the combination of Carlos improved form while on international duty, along with regular play as well as Keane's desire to improve Sunderland FC now it makes sense

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »
by the comments some of allya making you would never make it in football

that is how teams treat players who had been injured
they put them in a lower level until their form returns

no bad mind involved at all in my opinion

GREAT to hear Carlos.. :applause: :applause:..show them what you can do

Fully Agree  :beermug:

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
keane loaning out carlos was de best thing for carlos and sunderland. i dont fault keane at all in this case because he cud have left him to suffer on the bench and not get games under his belt. as ah man say earlier...berchie beggin for ah loan right now so he cud get games as well. ask any player who play at that level...they rather take the loan because they know they going to a club that need their services and will start them once they not injured....and carlos at the time needed to be playing. smart move by keane to also put that clause in the agreement...shows that he has a level of confidence in carlos' ability as well. :beermug: :beermug:

Yeah fully agree as well  :beermug:

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 12:03:56 PM »
Keane probably was in Trinidad in disguise at the game man!!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »
I think some ah allyuh in here ha to be on drugs or allyuh jus plain friggin schupid.  Carlos was tootsin dong heself and couldn't crack the first XI so Keane loan him out.  Seems like the best for both the club and Carlos at the time considering Carlos was rottin on de pine and would probably be loosin confidence at de same time.  Now an opportunity to get back into the primiership and probably start as well and man talkin bout Keane is an ass.  Some ah allyuh do de world ah disservice by lettin allyuh mudda give birth oui!!  Ah swear is de most assness I does see expressed from what supposed to be big hard back man

keane acts like it aint a real job. just buy ppl, sell ppl and loan them out as you feel. then after a couple months - change yuh mind. and the owners must just go along with it.

in you words de man was 'tootsing down himself' and not even on the bench in some games - so 2 months later he good to go? that is management too? if so then i willl send back in all my diplomas.

i could send one of my staff home then recall them 2 months after they do ok in another company?

keane is an idiot - clearly. ego issues making you force out chimbonda - who you work so hard to sign - u didn't conduct interviews & so on to detect attitude issues upfront? now ure surprised and u want to get rid of him and have to call back a man who yuh just loan out and who wasn't even a starting consideration? tell me how that makes sense. NO other job u aint getting away with that shit. wish he were an nfl manager and did that - it would be his last day on the job.

the owners done say they aint spending no more money when transfer season open back & they want to see results regardless. so now he scampering to see who he could sell/loan out to get money when january come.

short sightedness at its best.

Building a team is about buying, selling loaning players in and out and coaching, both have been below par in my view but also I have given him a lot of slack because of history and inexperience and learning his trade, this year I expect more.  

If Keane hadn't of loaned out Carlos he would either be in the stiffs or not playing at all, so can't see why he shouldn't of loaned him out.  He obviously rates Carlos as he had already given him more time and opportunities to find his form than quite a few other managers would.  

Chimbonda never really wanted him as I thought him and keane were a bad mix, their attitudes are a million miles apart.  If teh stories are true ( 2 are definate) he turned up late for a team thing at spurs dropped from squad made to sit in the stands, only 2nd match of the season.  No grudge held recalled but really just shot across the bow not to do it again.  He was then out partying with Cisse & Diuoff at a footballers Birthday Party, 3 were disciplined (although tbf Cisse doesn't drink), shortly after he then turns up late for training.  I personally don't have a problem with the manager taking a hard line as if you let things get out of hand then you are just wasting your time.  The question for me is not what is going on now but why he bought him in the 1st place.  

As I have mentioned before attitude tactics picks and subs have been negative.  We can't defend for love or money.  Keane is in his last year of his contract, for me the time to sign a new one was last summer when trying to sign players, the shareholding in the club has recently changed and given the money spent the performances and players not palying I would ask questions aswell if I were a major investor.  The rumour is if he doesn't sign the contract then he will not be given any money to spend in january which is only logical in my view.  tbh I would see how things pan out this season rather than rush into extending Keane's contract now.  In my view he needs to improve to be worth a new contract and given another £50 Million over the next 2 years, he has said so much himself.  Time for Keane to put up or shut up on the pitch over the season.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »

Yeah fully agree as well  :beermug:

Agreeeee  as welll!!!! :beermug: :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »
we just need somthing to argue about
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 12:48:48 PM »
Keane probably was in Trinidad in disguise at the game man!!!
nah he probably watched it on CTNT delayed transmission last night ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »
Come on Carlos. Last chance bredda...take dem by storm

ditto sentiment.

he lookin good these days ah feel he go have dem slippin an slidin in his wake once again.
this real bring a smile tuh muh face :)  yes man carlos!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »
Dat sc**t Keane like he set up to watch de game las nite :rotfl:

Is it the opinion that Carlos had a good game last night??  Or all yuh doh know de difference between Carlos and Kenwyne Jones.  Well one big black and has a rasta that continues to improve, and the other is a skillfull red man who could run hard but cyah make a good final cross to save his life (or maybe one everry 4 matches).

Blessing

Carlos play a half decent game against CUBA after they stop playing and he back? Where was all that zest in the 1st half? We really don't have true perspective on this thing nah.

Anyway all the same go mash dem up Carlos.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »
Nobody showed up in d 1st half
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 05:38:54 PM »
Well done carlos, regardless of the circumstances he knows what he has to do.
I looking forward to seeing him play for the black cats again in the near future.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »
we just need somthing to argue about

It seems so Movant. Ah well.

I for one couldn't be happier that Carlos has regained a measure of his old self. His confidence is returning. Sharpness isn't too far off. He is certainly playing better than some recent showings.

Congratulations Carlos. You've got our support. We in yuh corner. We wish you the best. There is no doubt that you will do well in the prem. Just be yourself.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 06:42:17 AM »
Dat sc**t Keane like he set up to watch de game las nite :rotfl:

Is it the opinion that Carlos had a good game last night??  Or all yuh doh know de difference between Carlos and Kenwyne Jones.  Well one big black and has a rasta that continues to improve, and the other is a skillfull red man who could run hard but cyah make a good final cross to save his life (or maybe one everry 4 matches).

Blessing

Dey mus be did put extra aloes in yuh beverage yesterday sah.   ;D

SHOTTTTTTTT  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>