March 28, 2024, 06:54:23 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland recall Carlos.  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Sunderland recall Carlos.
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:47:53 AM »
Sunderland recall Carlos.
By: Nick Alexander (SAFC.COM).

Sunderland have recalled Carlos Edwards from his loan spell with Wolves. The loan agreement has ended with immediate effect and Edwards could feature in Sunderland's game against West Ham at the Stadium of Light on Sunday.

Edwards joined the Championship club, managed by ex-Black Cats boss Mick McCarthy, at the start of October, originally for three months, but Sunderland have taken up an option to recall him early.

Edwards has played six games for Wolves who currently lead the Championship by six points. The winger featured in Trinidad & Tobago's 3-0 win over Cuba in a World Cup qualifier in Port of Spain last night.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:50:53 AM by Flex »

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland recall Carlos.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 06:54:57 AM »
Dat sc**t Keane like he set up to watch de game las nite :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:48:13 AM »
Of course but it was 2 watch KJ
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 08:14:53 AM »
Come on Carlos. Last chance bredda...take dem by storm

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 08:18:34 AM »
Come on Carlos. Last chance bredda...take dem by storm

ditto sentiment.

he lookin good these days ah feel he go have dem slippin an slidin in his wake once again.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:33:46 AM »

heh heh heh....please make Keane look like a dunce Carlos.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36:09 AM »
Soon as de game finish he send ah text to the wolves.  ;) Carlos starting to play ball again, as a true winger.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 08:40:52 AM »

Is it the opinion that Carlos had a good game last night??  Or all yuh doh know de difference between Carlos and Kenwyne Jones.  Well one big black and has a rasta that continues to improve, and the other is a skillfull red man who could run hard but cyah make a good final cross to save his life (or maybe one everry 4 matches).

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »

Is it the opinion that Carlos had a good game last night??  Or all yuh doh know de difference between Carlos and Kenwyne Jones.  Well one big black and has a rasta that continues to improve, and the other is a skillfull red man who could run hard but cyah make a good final cross to save his life (or maybe one everry 4 matches).

Blessing

Dey mus be did put extra aloes in yuh beverage yesterday sah.   ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 08:52:32 AM »
wait till keene see the youtube video when Carlos say sunderland would get relegated  :devil:

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »
is roy keane an ass? he's definitely on the line.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »

Blessing

Broda ah would have accepted your commment about ah two months ago. the last set ah games carlos playing mad ball. it looks like his confidence is fully back now and he doing de dam ting down on d flank!! doh forget the last two trinidad victories carlos has had two or three assists!!!  :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 09:18:21 AM »
If carlos has got his head right can't see the problem with recalling him tbh.  Wish the lad luck and he has had very little in the last year or so.

No big surprise really especially if the rumoured fall out with Chimbonda is true.  No one with any really pace or attacking ability or the right side, weird tactics, can't defend and nobody to bring on that provides any real threat.  Most people on here have said he wasn't playing well and fretting, if he is over that then he should have his chance at the prem.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »
do what we know yuh could do carlos.show keane who is boss.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 09:52:12 AM »
Broda ah would have accepted your commment about ah two months ago. the last set ah games carlos playing mad ball. it looks like his confidence is fully back now and he doing de dam ting down on d flank!! doh forget the last two trinidad victories carlos has had two or three assists!!!  :beermug: :beermug:

Okay boss, I could not have describe Carlos play any better.  I will challenge yuh to sit down and count how many of Carlos runs in the second half of last night game down the right flank resulted in a direct shot on goal or better yet a goal.  Doh worry, I also had a hard time concentrating on de game with so many nice sights in tight white pants but I eh miss dat much.  Carlos had one assist in the last two games against de USA.  I guess we were watching a different game (or games).  If yuh like intercol football with a one or two dribble down de flank den a wayward pass across the goal, so be it.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »
wait till keene see the youtube video when Carlos say sunderland would get relegated  :devil:
That was stern.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »
all in a days play...keep going Carlos
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 10:09:51 AM »
I think some ah allyuh in here ha to be on drugs or allyuh jus plain friggin schupid.  Carlos was tootsin dong heself and couldn't crack the first XI so Keane loan him out.  Seems like the best for both the club and Carlos at the time considering Carlos was rottin on de pine and would probably be loosin confidence at de same time.  Now an opportunity to get back into the primiership and probably start as well and man talkin bout Keane is an ass.  Some ah allyuh do de world ah disservice by lettin allyuh mudda give birth oui!!  Ah swear is de most assness I does see expressed from what supposed to be big hard back man

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »
I think some ah allyuh in here ha to be on drugs or allyuh jus plain friggin schupid.  Carlos was tootsin dong heself and couldn't crack the first XI so Keane loan him out.  Seems like the best for both the club and Carlos at the time considering Carlos was rottin on de pine and would probably be loosin confidence at de same time.  Now an opportunity to get back into the primiership and probably start as well and man talkin bout Keane is an ass.  Some ah allyuh do de world ah disservice by lettin allyuh mudda give birth oui!!  Ah swear is de most assness I does see expressed from what supposed to be big hard back man

keane acts like it aint a real job. just buy ppl, sell ppl and loan them out as you feel. then after a couple months - change yuh mind. and the owners must just go along with it.

in you words de man was 'tootsing down himself' and not even on the bench in some games - so 2 months later he good to go? that is management too? if so then i willl send back in all my diplomas.

i could send one of my staff home then recall them 2 months after they do ok in another company?

keane is an idiot - clearly. ego issues making you force out chimbonda - who you work so hard to sign - u didn't conduct interviews & so on to detect attitude issues upfront? now ure surprised and u want to get rid of him and have to call back a man who yuh just loan out and who wasn't even a starting consideration? tell me how that makes sense. NO other job u aint getting away with that shit. wish he were an nfl manager and did that - it would be his last day on the job.

the owners done say they aint spending no more money when transfer season open back & they want to see results regardless. so now he scampering to see who he could sell/loan out to get money when january come.

short sightedness at its best.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
I didnt see d game last night but from the last game you could see carlos confidence coming back.........and he could cross d ball......BUT d system dat we been playing have NOBODY inside tuh recieve d ball........hopefully he stays injury free and things continue to build for him.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
by the comments some of allya making you would never make it in football

that is how teams treat players who had been injured
they put them in a lower level until their form returns

no bad mind involved at all in my opinion

GREAT to hear Carlos.. :applause: :applause:..show them what you can do
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »

keane acts like it aint a real job. just buy ppl, sell ppl and loan them out as you feel. then after a couple months - change yuh mind. and the owners must just go along with it.

in you words de man was 'tootsing down himself' and not even on the bench in some games - so 2 months later he good to go? that is management too? if so then i willl send back in all my diplomas.

i could send one of my staff home then recall them 2 months after they do ok in another company?

keane is an idiot - clearly. ego issues making you force out chimbonda - who you work so hard to sign - u didn't conduct interviews & so on to detect attitude issues upfront? now ure surprised and u want to get rid of him and have to call back a man who yuh just loan out and who wasn't even a starting consideration? tell me how that makes sense. NO other job u aint getting away with that shit. wish he were an nfl manager and did that - it would be his last day on the job.

the owners done say they aint spending no more money when transfer season open back & they want to see results regardless. so now he scampering to see who he could sell/loan out to get money when january come.

You musse does watch football upside dong or sumting oui!!  Carlos gone out on loan and looking sharper with the playing time than he was a few months back.  In the meantime the Manager at Sunderland is unhappy with his teams play and has decided to make some changes.  Carlos is his player that he loaned out (who is performing much better of late) and is a good option to now come back into the team.  What exactly wrong with that?  Despite your view on it Keane needed some time to evaluate the recent aquisitions to see what is working and what isn't.  If he didn't have Carlos in good favor he wouldna even loan him out and jus let him suffer without playing time on the bench.  

I eh no big Keane fan so doh feel yuh ha to point out he flaws fuh me, but doh talk kaka jus fuh talkin it sake niether.  Recalling Carlos makes sense for both club and player right now so all da setta useless thoughts yuh manifestin here very unnecessary.  talk ting wid sense cause yuh seem like yuh might ha some when yuh not emotionally conected to the subject.

NFL doh loan out players, they cut them.  They also don't have guaranteed contracts either so they free to send yuh ass home without a job or paycheck on a moments notice.  Learn bout yuh sports before tossin out dem jackass statements

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »
by the comments some of allya making you would never make it in football

that is how teams treat players who had been injured
they put them in a lower level until their form returns

no bad mind involved at all in my opinion

GREAT to hear Carlos.. :applause: :applause:..show them what you can do

Do study dem setta imps an dem.  If he eh call back Carlos now while he lookin to make adjustments, then I go say he on some badmind scenes.  But he recall him an he's ah dunce  ::)

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »

Okay boss, I could not have describe Carlos play any better.  I will challenge yuh to sit down and count how many of Carlos runs in the second half of last night game down the right flank resulted in a direct shot on goal or better yet a goal.  Doh worry, I also had a hard time concentrating on de game with so many nice sights in tight white pants but I eh miss dat much.  Carlos had one assist in the last two games against de USA.  I guess we were watching a different game (or games).  If yuh like intercol football with a one or two dribble down de flank den a wayward pass across the goal, so be it.

Blessings

lol...im sure de tight pants and dem was ah sight to behold!!!

it have two sides to your arguement. if carlos running down the flank and have no one to cross to what is he to do? second arguement is how many times will a somewhat solid defense allow a winger down a flank to consistantly get crosses into the box? fact of the matter is, when the correct opportunity presented itself, carlos delivered a telling cross to latas in the USA game that resulted in a goal and again delivered a telling cut back for daniel to score last night. check any winger who playing in de prem and see how often they get assists in back to back games...important games at that! all im saying is that couple of months ago, when he the opportunity presented itself for him to deliver, he went missing, due to injury or lack of confidence. now it seems like he got his confidence back and has delivered for us in consecutive games so the re-call is ah great thing for him. im not one of the fans of the intercol ball and beat 4 men and make ah shit pass...but i am an admirer of carlos when he is playing well...and right now he is playing well...both offensively and defensively!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
I think some ah allyuh in here ha to be on drugs or allyuh jus plain friggin schupid.  Carlos was tootsin dong heself and couldn't crack the first XI so Keane loan him out.  Seems like the best for both the club and Carlos at the time considering Carlos was rottin on de pine and would probably be loosin confidence at de same time.  Now an opportunity to get back into the primiership and probably start as well and man talkin bout Keane is an ass.  Some ah allyuh do de world ah disservice by lettin allyuh mudda give birth oui!!  Ah swear is de most assness I does see expressed from what supposed to be big hard back man

You musse does watch football upside dong or sumting oui!!  Carlos gone out on loan and looking sharper with the playing time than he was a few months back.  In the meantime the Manager at Sunderland is unhappy with his teams play and has decided to make some changes.  Carlos is his player that he loaned out (who is performing much better of late) and is a good option to now come back into the team.  What exactly wrong with that?  Despite your view on it Keane needed some time to evaluate the recent aquisitions to see what is working and what isn't.  If he didn't have Carlos in good favor he wouldna even loan him out and jus let him suffer without playing time on the bench. 

I eh no big Keane fan so doh feel yuh ha to point out he flaws fuh me, but doh talk kaka jus fuh talkin it sake niether.  Recalling Carlos makes sense for both club and player right now so all da setta useless thoughts yuh manifestin here very unnecessary.  talk ting wid sense cause yuh seem like yuh might ha some when yuh not emotionally conected to the subject.

NFL doh loan out players, they cut them.  They also don't have guaranteed contracts either so they free to send yuh ass home without a job or paycheck on a moments notice.  Learn bout yuh sports before tossin out dem jackass statements

u missing my point star. i not saying that carlos shouldn't get recalled. i'm very happy for him.

i'm saying keane makes short sighted decisions. nothing is wrong with loaning out a man to give him playing time & to earn yourself some cash. but dont tell me that after 2 months against opposition that not at premiership level yuh realise de man sharp? and yuh need him back immediately. that says to me that the decision wasn't well thought out. same with chimbonda. he develop disciplinary issues last night? let's be real.

the nfl reference was to show the seriousness of the consequences of decisions head coaches make. if you pursue a man & convince ownership that you need him then you ready to transfer him at the fiest possible opportunity u will be fired.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:53:12 AM by trini warrior »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »

Nah man... Keane show excellent foresight here... especially when you consider there was a clause to call back Carlos early in de loan contract...

put allyuh brain in gear people...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »
u missing my point star. i not saying that carlos shouldn't get recalled. i'm very happy for him.

i'm saying keane makes short sighted decisions. nothing is wrong with loaning out a man to give him playing time & to earn yourself some cash. but dont tell me that after 2 months against opposition that not at premiership level yuh realise de man sharp? and yuh need him back immediately. that says to me that the decision wasn't well thought out. same with chimbonda. he develop disciplinary issues last night? let's be real.

the nfl reference was to show the seriousness of the consequences of decisions head coaches make. if you pursue a man & convince ownership that you need him then you ready to transfer him at the fiest possible opportunity u will be fired.

Short sighted maybe, I cah argue dat.  However as it pertains to Carlos, I think he move real smart by having a clause for early recall.  I think he never really wanted to demote Carlos or have to send him out, but Carlos wasn't looking good enough.  If Carlos was looking like ah beast fuh SWs (before the last few games) yuh think Keane wouldna give him some more time to get he game back in gear?  Give Jack he jacket, he at least trying to correct his errors and not overlooking a very good player because he grindin some kinda axe like dey doin wid Berchie over @ Coventry.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »

carlos need to take it to dem this time.. and i cah wait to see kenwyne on the tv again

bless

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with Keane did.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 11:10:17 AM »
Carlos needed to be demoted tuh get he swagger back.

1]; } ?>