March 29, 2024, 09:33:26 AM

Author Topic: Sell out crowd to see Cuba ?  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Sell out crowd to see Cuba ?
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
Was the the biggest crowd to see a game vs a Caribbean opponent in History ?

Tallman, e-man, Flex, where allyuh.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sell out crowd to see Cuba ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
Probably the World Cup Qualifier against Jamaica in de Office in 2001 when we lorse 1-0. De official attendance was reported as 34,000, and unofficially it was said to be between 35,000 and 40,000.

De crowd against Cuba was good, but it wasn't no sell-out.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »
Probably the World Cup Qualifier against Jamaica in de Office in 2001 when we lorse 1-0. De official attendance was reported as 34,000, and unofficially it was said to be between 35,000 and 40,000.

Thanks Tallman, but I was talking about in T&T and against Caribbean opposition.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »

Thanks Tallman, but I was talking about in T&T and against Caribbean opposition.

OK, well then it might be against Jamaica in the Hasely Crawford Stadium on March 28, 1999. The match was reported to be watched by a capacity crowd of 28,000. We won 2-0 on goals by Nakhid and Stern.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 06:49:21 PM »
I was checking thru the thread and realise it take about 6mins for Tallman responses.  Considering the time to check the database and then post a response, I would say that time real good sah  :)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »

OK, well then it might be against Jamaica in the Hasely Crawford Stadium on March 28, 1999. The match was reported to be watched by a capacity crowd of 28,000. We won 2-0 on goals by Nakhid and Stern.

Would definitely agree, though disagreeing with Tallman on stats is usually not advisable anyway. That was the so-called dream team with Stern Nixon Nakhid Yorke Latas Marcelle Shaka, Andrews, Elcock, David and Julien. I get it right Tallest?
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »

Would definitely agree, though disagreeing with Tallman on stats is usually not advisable anyway. That was the so-called dream team with Stern Nixon Nakhid Yorke Latas Marcelle Shaka, Andrews, Elcock, David and Julien. I get it right Tallest?
Yeh, is dem self.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 07:30:37 PM »

Yeh, is dem self.
i only remember that yorke was reaching  the top of his worldwide fame and it was his first international since joining and ripping up for ManU.The fact that Shaka finally decide to play for us probabaly also help guarantee that game get sell out. I  watch it live on tv.
  I speaking about the 2001 away game, i think that that was our best starting dream team up til then. too bad they lost .

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »
I was checking thru the thread and realise it take about 6mins for Tallman responses.  Considering the time to check the database and then post a response, I would say that time real good sah  :)
I feel Tallman have one ah these that gives him an unfair advantage over us,
like it did for Barack over McSame. :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »
what is the Hasley Crawford's max. capacity??

i heard on the news they said 20,000 ppls....that was laughable

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 06:28:06 AM »

David Nakhid's Goal

Stern John's Goal
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
I was real surprised about the crowd,

Things must be changing in TnT football wise.

To me men would have stayed hime because of the Rain and the fact that most people would have believed that we would make it through.

chance are every game in the Hex will sell out now which means reall $$$ for the TTFF and warner.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
Wait the HCS don't hold 25 000?    ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 02:54:48 AM »

Used to when there was just the concrete to sit on , when they upgraded for the 2001 WC and installed seating everywhere the number came down to 20,000.

I have a theory that TTFF still operates by selling a max of 25,000 though, i believe they cater for people standing in aisles and on the top areas or in general man jus finding somewhere to see the game inside.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 04:37:57 AM »

Used to when there was just the concrete to sit on , when they upgraded for the 2001 WC and installed seating everywhere the number came down to 20,000.

I have a theory that TTFF still operates by selling a max of 25,000 though, i believe they cater for people standing in aisles and on the top areas or in general man jus finding somewhere to see the game inside.

I always thought the stadium holds 27,000...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 04:46:15 AM »
It used to hold 30,000 I think, but that cut to about 25,000 when they put in the seats....ah stand to be corrected...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 05:21:33 AM »
I tort allawe had photographic memories all this time !    :-X
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:50:51 AM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

1]; } ?>