April 28, 2024, 08:56:14 PM

Author Topic: Super League title on the line  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Super League title on the line
« on: November 24, 2008, 06:51:26 AM »
Super League title on the line
Trinidad Newsday

THE WINNERS of the Bmobile National Super League will be determined today with defending champs WASA, the Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 and Joe Public all with a chance of claiming the 2008 title.

WASA’s final league game ended with a 1-0 loss to Joe Public at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Tunapuna on Tuesday, with Brent Antoine’s 89th minute item proving to be the winner.

Antoine’s goal kept the “Eastern Lions” in the title hunt, as they are currently third on the 13-team standings with 51 points, the same as the Under-20s but with an inferior goal difference.

WASA is still atop the standings with 52 points, and will be hoping that both the Under-20s and Joe Public drop points in their respective rescheduled final round games today, from 3.30 pm, in order to retain their crown.

The national youth team will make the inter-island trek to Canaan, Bon Accord to oppose fourth-placed Angostura 1976 FC Phoenix while Joe Public will head to the Defence Ground headquarters in Chaguaramas to meet fifth-placed ALCOA Carenage United.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Super League title on the line
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »
lets go u 20,s

win this thing and go proleague next season with an u23 team......we bessss
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
The U20s win the league on goal difference, TV6 say.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 05:46:26 PM »
Nice. Nice. Now it's time to share some licks next March. Let's go T&T.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
U 20's did d double congrats to dem :applause: :applause:
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
They do the double- League and Cup. Vranes was saying this team is at least as talented as the one in the early 90s with Dwarika and Stern John. He thinks they will do well but complained about some players not being released from Pro League clubs and the lack of international matches.

If the TTFF has to be congratulated for anything is its positive approach at the youth level. I think this team in 2014 will be a force to be reckoned with.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »
Niceness  :applause: :applause: :applause: I think this approach was correct, as long as the TTFF supplies them with international exposure now that they have hit this stage.  I think these fellas are probably itching to pit themselves against PFL competition in the upcoming knockout tournaments.

Winning League and Cup without the full team to me suggests that they can make a move to the PFL should TTFF work out the logisitcs. If the U-17 team is placed in next years Super League we would need only the occasional international match to prepare for CFUs. Might be a good way to save money to play better intl. matches.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »
Jah,

How do you rate Vranes as a coach? From what I have read he seems to be defensive and likes to counterattack. I don't perceive him as someone that likes to possess the ball. Am I wrong?

Respect.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »
i dont think they would be in the pro leagur

too much red-tape
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »
Jah,

How do you rate Vranes as a coach? From what I have read he seems to be defensive and likes to counterattack. I don't perceive him as someone that likes to possess the ball. Am I wrong?

Respect.
From what I've heard he a decent coach. He instills discipline and despite the fact that he hasn't mastered english he communicates well with players.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »
Congrats 2 Vranes and d TTFF NOW 4 SOME INTERNATIONAL WARM UPS AND MEH 09 GO STRT GR8
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
Jah,

Respect.
From what I've heard he a decent coach. He instills discipline and despite the fact that he hasn't mastered english he communicates well with players.

Thanks Jah.  :beermug:

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 09:44:57 PM »
They do the double- League and Cup. Vranes was saying this team is at least as talented as the one in the early 90s with Dwarika and Stern John. He thinks they will do well but complained about some players not being released from Pro League clubs and the lack of international matches.

If the TTFF has to be congratulated for anything is its positive approach at the youth level. I think this team in 2014 will be a force to be reckoned with.

true dat....
big up to the U-20 squad... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
but they have to start as early as next march....i backing them to do good

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »
I don't think we have this thing in perspective, it have college teams who will run through the Super League. I still find the result not good enough. By now they should be the dominant team out there. I pretty sure no other team have the caliber of coach they have and the chance to have the cream of the crop in youth players playing for them. The facilities and resources they have are limitless compared to the other teams.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>