April 18, 2024, 11:56:34 PM

Author Topic: How long before Daniel is recruited ?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How long before Daniel is recruited ?
« on: November 21, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
This young fella have real talent does anyone know if there are any foreign clubs interested in him ?

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How long before Daniel is recruited ?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
Good question. he time will come. we don't want any foreign drama, a la roy keane, at this moment.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
he went to west ham don't know how thing went .. maybe he did not impress.. maybe he played relaxed and laid back .. Thats what they said when he was on trial at manu .... Strange peltier went and make all kind ah head lines man city cardiff arsenal portmouth milwall wanted him ....  and he cannot bet a bly on the national team....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:37:18 PM »
I hope soon, by a good club
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »
Remember how many ah we players were supposed to get contract after the WC? Daniel is ok, he eh no big time player yet. Remember the fella Hyland?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »
Daniel needs to leave T&T soon.  He will regress if he stays IMO.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »
Daniel needs to leave T&T soon.  He will regress if he stays IMO.

especially with that side he playing for now ::)
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 08:08:29 PM »
I was impress with Daniel and also, the left back Edwards.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »
Yep Daniel need 2 go but he from Bgo so I less scared 4 d yute.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »
Daniel getting plenty big up on the forum, but me ent see nothing spectacular yet.  He looks ordinary for his club team.  He does have the ability to strike the ball well, good ball control, and skillful.  However the position he plays means that he has to be back tracking and helping out defensively and he doesn't do that very well for the NT.  That could be perhaps because for Petrotrin he has a more offensive role in the middle and doesn't do too much of the defensive work.  Many times I see him playing too much on the inside, leaving Aklie Edwards alone in the back with no passing options on the wing.  I still doh think he has a high work rate without the ball.  But the man scoring goals so ah know he go get he pips from this crowd.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »
Agree wit 2 Pardners but dat is y he needs 2 pack he bundle. He needs 2 develop into dat defensive player so he can help out he pardner Akile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »
He have ability but he needs to do more he tends to drift out the game alot  doesnt maintain the intensity if he could put together a complete game rather than small spurts ..... he'll be out of Trini in a flash

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »
Make sure he don't have the same agent as Birchall please thanks.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »
I was impress with Daniel and also, the left back Edwards.
Me too.I think he ah little more than ah diamond in the ruff.

But,I hope he doh have to wait till Yorke and Latas retire to

get ah bigger role w/The Warriors.From there,he will be seen

by the whole round world.Peace !  :-X
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 12:27:21 AM »
Daniel getting plenty big up on the forum, but me ent see nothing spectacular yet.  He looks ordinary for his club team.  He does have the ability to strike the ball well, good ball control, and skillful.  However the position he plays means that he has to be back tracking and helping out defensively and he doesn't do that very well for the NT.  That could be perhaps because for Petrotrin he has a more offensive role in the middle and doesn't do too much of the defensive work.  Many times I see him playing too much on the inside, leaving Aklie Edwards alone in the back with no passing options on the wing.  I still doh think he has a high work rate without the ball.  But the man scoring goals so ah know he go get he pips from this crowd.

very true...he is a good striker of the ball but he really needs to up his work rate and help out defensively when called upon....otherwise, the potential to be a big player for TT is there...hope he makes use of it.....

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »
Latas should give him a bligh at Falkirk

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 08:56:52 AM »
Good player, but like all the warriors midfielders (starters and bench), excluding Yorke, Birchee, and sometimes carlos...his work rate and ball winning desire has to improve.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 09:47:41 AM »
Good player, but like all the warriors midfielders (starters and bench), excluding Yorke, Birchee, and sometimes carlos...his work rate and ball winning desire has to improve.

Yuh think his work rate and ball winning desire go improve stayin in de PFL?

BTW.  How come peeps doh apply de same work rate and ball winning standard to de likes of Latapy, Dwarika, Collin Samuel, etc?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 10:02:15 AM »

BTW.  How come peeps doh apply de same work rate and ball winning standard to de likes of Latapy, Dwarika, Collin Samuel, etc?

Simple, Daniel may be good but he is no Latapy or Dwarika. Better than samuel yes but lets get some perspective here.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 10:15:19 AM »

Simple, Daniel may be good but he is no Latapy or Dwarika. Better than samuel yes but lets get some perspective here.

He's no Latapy no doubt.  Dwarika?  I beg to differ.  The point is he's an attacking player and I agree that he needs to improve to become a more all rounded player.  By the same token, nobody is asking Birchall to improve his passing and skill level.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »

He's no Latapy no doubt.  Dwarika?  I beg to differ.  The point is he's an attacking player and I agree that he needs to improve to become a more all rounded player.  By the same token, nobody is asking Birchall to improve his passing and skill level.

His work rate has to improve, but alas most of our local (PFL) players fall into this category, Whitley is one notable exception.  Culture is a helluva ting....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 11:20:38 AM »

That's a good way to look at it. Well let him doh try to improve because other players apparently not trying to improve.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:34 AM »
Keon Daniel real young and he have huge potential.  He needs to be moulded outside of T&T.  Expect big things from de yute and stop acting like wha yuh seeing is de finished product.  All yuh men too harsh boy.  We jes waiting for him to get he break.  Dat is all dis post is about.  Is a positive thread.  Why de salt?  All yuh Trinbagonians real hard to please boy. 

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »
Keon Daniel real young and he have huge potential.  He needs to be moulded outside of T&T.  Expect big things from de yute and stop acting like wha yuh seeing is de finished product.  All yuh men too harsh boy.  We jes waiting for him to get he break.  Dat is all dis post is about.  Is a positive thread.  Why de salt?  All yuh Trinbagonians real hard to please boy. 

Nobody putting down the man.  We just saying he have potential...a diamond in the rough as it were, and his talent needs to be refined.  Lots of statement highlighted both the positives and negatives about his play...not to turn a bling eye and suggest that he reach already because he on the national team.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 06:18:38 AM »

Nobody putting down the man.  We just saying he have potential...a diamond in the rough as it were, and his talent needs to be refined.  Lots of statement highlighted both the positives and negatives about his play...not to turn a bling eye and suggest that he reach already because he on the national team.

People does talk about man being real young as if this is an old man sport if a club paying millions for you (inclusive of salary bid price food etc) then they hadda get good years out of you. You hardly hear man from nigeria getting sign at 25. Big clubs buying raw unfinished talent at 16. What age did Dwight leave?
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 06:18:54 AM »
One of the problems I see is the universal one of laidbackness ...is that a word ? Dwight was accused of the same thing , but he was 17 ! I sometimes feel that someone needs to take Daniel by the neck, during a game , and say step up man ..wake up and take charge of this game !
he is the most likely player to fill the playmaker gap but like he does not want yo show that he wants that job. Either that of the coaches seem bent on making him a winger and he eh dat !
he was quite happy to let Edwards overlap while he held up the ball for the pass. that for me shows that he prefers the playmaking role. I would love to see him in it.
Like some who commented earlier I too believe that his future development lies abroad in a good competition. I remember Anthony Rougier was an ordinary player who could not make the grade locally yet went to Port Vale and improved so much to later become captain of the national team. the funny thing was that he played forward for his club and defense for the national team ...yet he became good enough to keep both camps happy ! ( no pun intended )
the question though is will Daniel get the opportunity that some of the other have had ...and before too late ?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 10:08:12 AM »

Can't fully agree

Collin Samuel and Dwarika both have critics on this board- and laziness is often the cry.

Latapy walks on water in T&T... That's just how it is I guess.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »
Daniel is a very good young prospect How old is he? he is probably not up to epl standard as yet but he will surely get their. He would do well in the championship division then move up to the epl or other top division sides in europe.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »
I am one of the people on  the site who bigging-up Daniel. Of course he needs to work on his game.  And very quickly. wether or not he goes abroad or stays at home.

1]; } ?>