April 25, 2024, 03:54:53 PM

Author Topic: Maturana wants Caribbean Cup.  (Read 8138 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana wants Caribbean Cup.
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »
I am also assuming this competition is not fifa sanctioned, ie FIFA official games for release of players right..?

It will be a totally local squad with maybe Birchall and the MLS men..

Men like Dwarika, Glen etc etc will be licking they chops...wonder if we will see bomber..

If I not mistaken, the team for the Digicel Cup was announced a few weeks ago.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 11:40:51 PM »
It was I really heard so but me cyah remember it. Palos u sure it was not 4 d qualifiers?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
this competition gives us a chance to achieve something we have not done in decades - beat Ja in Ja.

At the end of the day, TT will always find it very tough to beat them in kingston, WC hex or not.

In reality, i much prefer us play Honduras and El Salvador than Jamaica, cause we always seem to struggle against them.

Our chances are good for this tourney, the fringe players need to step up.

I am also assuming this competition is not fifa sanctioned, ie FIFA official games for release of players right..?

Men like Dwarika, Glen etc etc will be licking they chops...wonder if we will see bomber..
True! Very lucky for T&T that Jamaica is not it the Hex where Jamaica would have gotten a total of 12 points from T&T and El Salvador. Unfortunately, with T&T being one of the 32 teams at the 2006 World Cup it has made Honduras and El Salvador aware.
And thinking that playing Mexico on the last matchday is some sort of hope for a win. I doubt it. With Sven Erikksson still not Mexican fans favourite coach it probably means a full strength Mexican team for all 10 games to regain the CONCACAF Giants tag which many believe USA holds.

Now for the non-threating local Reggae Boyz squad that Warmonga believes T&T will face to take the Cup away from Haiti. Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I say. 8) :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

Stupesss

RF...how you talking so...i realize that you hv a JA team in yuh head that mash up everybody they play...and they reach de HEx...and they going on to win the WC...i wah some ah wuh you smoking!
I'm not RF as my username clearly states. And I don't smoke nor drink. And I'm not a Christian.
Yes! We did go to the World Cup in 1998 and T&T in 2006 where Jamaica finished better than T&T in their World Cup, but that's that, for now. Since T&T will likely finish 5th or 6th in the HEX the only logical choice is to try and win a CONCACAF or more likely another Caribbean trophy and T&T will have to do this by taking on a non-threatening local Reggae Boyz team. It seems Simoes gave Warmonga that impression when Jamaica played T&T in 2 games. And from Warmonga's post it seems that Barbados and Grenada will offer no threat giving T&T a claer path to the Digicel Cup. Because, I'm sure Cuba and Haiti will offer no resistance either in the semi-finals or final either. ::) ::)

jjbrown

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »
this competition gives us a chance to achieve something we have not done in decades - beat Ja in Ja.

At the end of the day, TT will always find it very tough to beat them in kingston, WC hex or not.

In reality, i much prefer us play Honduras and El Salvador than Jamaica, cause we always seem to struggle against them.

True! Very lucky for T&T that Jamaica is not it the Hex where Jamaica would have gotten a total of 12 points from T&T and El Salvador. Unfortunately, with T&T being one of the 32 teams at the 2006 World Cup it has made Honduras and El Salvador aware.
And thinking that playing Mexico on the last matchday is some sort of hope for a win. I doubt it. With Sven Erikksson still not Mexican fans favourite coach it probably means a full strength Mexican team for all 10 games to regain the CONCACAF Giants tag which many believe USA holds.

Now for the non-threating local Reggae Boyz squad that Warmonga believes T&T will face to take the Cup away from Haiti. Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I say. 8) :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

to bad we have a world cup to worry about or we could battle for carribbean supremacy or jerk chicken or whatever that competition you guys worrying about next year
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 11:32:51 AM »
the heat is on for the local's...the reason i say this because the caribbean cup is just right for the one who is trying to make the gold cup and world cup team ....WITH CONSISTANT PLAY...defencely, midfield and forward play

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »

to bad we have a world cup to worry about or we could battle for carribbean supremacy or jerk chicken or whatever that competition you guys worrying about next year
Not surprise that another Trini wants to downgrade a CONCACAF championship. June 2009 will tell a different story.
jjbrown

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 07:29:20 PM »
Jamaica 2099 - "would have" and "if "... I see you are starting to use these words.
Get used to it, u WILL BE using them quite a bit over the next 4 years.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

Let me tell you  a little secret. T&T are going back to the world cup before Jamaica. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is , 3,000.00 US dollars.

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 10:50:27 AM »
me for one see the concacaf titles as very important and i hope we go at it hard & take it home.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »
Jamaica 2099 - "would have" and "if "... I see you are starting to use these words.

hahahahahahaha :rotfl:

"would have" and "if"...you could start using those words from now...especially when yuh make yuh commments.

cuz the Soca Warriors, "ARE" in the Hex, and Jamaica "would have" been in the hex, "if" played how ur team in ur head played!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 12:26:29 PM »
Yes I will be looking forward to the next 4 years when Jamaica will be drawn into another "Group of Death" for 2012 and the Reggae Boyz will be 1 of the 2 teams to advance to the HEX in 2013 and will be automatic qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

As for T&T qualifying for the 2010 World Cup; it will never happen. And you will get used to me repeating this until Wednesday September 9th, 2009.  
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

Let me tell you  a little secret. T&T are going back to the world cup before Jamaica. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is , 3,000.00 US dollars.
Keep it. You're going to need it to pay for your medical fee when you lapse into a stroke on the same day. ;D
jjbrown

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

that is 8 million jamaican dollars if you didnt know
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 12:41:58 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

that is 8 million jamaican dollars if you didnt know
8 million Jamaican dollars for what exactly. Jamaica is not looking for monetary bailout like the US.
jjbrown

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »
yardie shithongs

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
Yes I will be looking forward to the next 4 years when Jamaica will be drawn into another "Group of Death" for 2012 and the Reggae Boyz will be 1 of the 2 teams to advance to the HEX in 2013 and will be automatic qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

As for T&T qualifying for the 2010 World Cup; it will never happen. And you will get used to me repeating this until Wednesday September 9th, 2009.  

boiii uze ah waste ah time yea we...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »
Jamaica going nd reach the world cup in 2099...yuh rite!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
Maturana wants Caribbean Cup.
By: Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

"Our dreams continue and, from tomorrow, we will start thinking of the Digicel Cup," declared head coach Francisco Maturana following Trinidad and Tobago's 3-0 victory over Cuba in the 2010 World Cup qualifier on Wednesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"We feel satisfied. We have achieved the first objective, which is to qualify for the Final Round for the World Cup," Colombian Maturana said through interpreter Kamasha Robertson.

And having tasted sweet success, Maturana also stated his intention to have Trinidad and Tobago win the Digicel Caribbean Championships (DCC), which takes place in Jamaica from December 3-14.

"We are going to try to win it," Maturana said of the Caribbean Championships. "This is a fantastic opportunity for players like Khaleem (Hyland), Keon (Daniel), (Clyde) Leon and Aklie Edwards to strengthen and grow in the process."

Maturana was basking in the limelight, for a moment out of the long shadow cast by football pundits and media over some of his tactics on the way to the Final Round of CONCACAF Qualifying.

Clearly enjoying the moment, he reflected on many things, including his deliberate decision to develop inexperienced players.

"No one can say that Maturana did not give an opportunity to anyone," he declared. "This is a team of open doors and we have had the opportunity to look at over 68 local players. We've given the opportunity to each one and at the end of it we are going to choose the best players."

The Colombian said he could have taken the easy route and selected 15 popular players for any one match. He said, instead, he chose to give as many players the chance to develop with the team and show if they are up to the required level.

Maturana also defended his decision to include Wales-based winger Josh Johnson and Fulham keeper Anthony Warner in his squad, although they did not play against Cuba.

"Football is a game of teams and to be a team, first of all you have to be a group," he said. "And to be a group you have to live together. And although these players that have not yet played...they are part of the group. They know what are the codes...they know what is the discipline, and they want to know who they would want to emulate."

De man is ah philosopher?  Ah eh know he so smart  ::) ::)

He tie up heself with that piece ah philososhyte there.

Crab in a bundle
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

Keep it. You're going to need it to pay for your medical fee when you lapse into a stroke on the same day. ;D

1  I am a young healthy vibrant man.
2  I don't put money on the table unless I can afford it. Read The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason.
3  You have showed me that you aren't cock sure that T&T will finish "5 or 6" in the Hex. I tested you and you failed badlly.
4  You are scared otherwise you would have picked up the money I put on the table.

Excuse me for taking so long to respond. I just came home from wuk. Enjoy the Hex!!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:23:52 PM by Victor »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

2  I don't put money on the table unless I can afford it. Read The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason.
3  You have showed me that you aren't cock sure that T&T will finish "5 of 6" in the Hex. I tested you and you failed badlly.
4  You are scared otherwise you would have picked up the money I put on the table.

Excuse me for taking so long to respond. I just came home from wuk. Enjoy the Hex!!

I am a Jamaican. You are a Trini. And as such 2 totally different individuals that know exactly nothing about each other. Otherwise, I'm stumped that someone giving the impression of a healthy, vibrant and rich young man seem to have no weight of the world on his shoulder.

I'm sorry, but unlike you I'm a deeply flawed human being.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:35:24 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

3  You have showed me that you aren't cock sure that T&T will finish "5 of 6" in the Hex. I tested you and you failed badlly.

I am a Jamaican. You are a Trini. And as such 2 totally different individuals that know exactly nothing about each other. Otherwise, I'm stumped that someone giving the impression of a healthy, vibrant and rich young man seem to have no weight of the world on his shoulder.

You could say that AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

Now that that is all clear. Have any of you Trinis been over Big Soccer website to check the predictions thread. 8) :angel: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
jjbrown

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

I am not rich. Never said I was rich. I referenced "The Richest Man in Babylon" to give you an idea of how I manage the money I earn. Breds I work hard, but I don't live pay check to pay check anymore. Again, read the "Richest Man in Babylon " and you will understand where I am coming from.

Back to football. T&T going back to the world cup before Jamaica. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.  ;D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 05:46:05 PM »

Allyuh heartless.
Have some compassion for people nah.  Allyuh real wicked boy   :devil:  Leave people to deal with pain in their own way doh rub it in when they lash out....is pain that causing that have a heart.  I feeling real sorry for dem....I will not say why because that would just be opening the wound.  Anyway Jamaica...at least it not as bad as Canada...now that is painful.

We was close to having 2 in the Hex...to think is a own goal keep them out...that hard.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

Now that that is all clear. Have any of you Trinis been over Big Soccer website to check the predictions thread. 8) :angel: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Bredder ! i don't subscribe to the tribalist monthly issue dude, my heights run higher than what geographic location you were spurned or where you were brought forth, only the football does make meh embrace my place of birth, other than that i'm ah citizen of the whole planet and not just some former cane cutting slave colony.

that being said , you should be ashamed to show your fingers around here, @ least not so soon, all i could say to that is.... yuh eh have no shame!! ah give yuh that!

all that big bad talk bout we (T&T) would not make the hex and putting ah shyte snake team like guatemala infront of us, while predicting jamaica to come out of the group along with mex while hoping my warriors would be left to lick their wounds and sulk, too bad for you it have ah GOD and he hate ugly and jealousy and establish justice amongst injustice.

imagine i does be on the reggae boyz site and it's extremely rare that another islander or nationality does come on yuh site and antagonize the members or the board. BTW, unlike you i was routing for jamaica to beat out mex, can , and hunduras, to bad it couldn't have another caribbean team in the hex, but ah guess if it was up to you the hex wouldah probably look like this.

mex
usa
hunduras
el salvador
gautemala
costa rica.
five spanish teams and the USA. that woulda make your year! guess who's laughing now MDFCR!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22:33 PM »
Maturana wants Caribbean Cup.
By: Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

"Our dreams continue and, from tomorrow, we will start thinking of the Digicel Cup," declared head coach Francisco Maturana following Trinidad and Tobago's 3-0 victory over Cuba in the 2010 World Cup qualifier on Wednesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"We feel satisfied. We have achieved the first objective, which is to qualify for the Final Round for the World Cup," Colombian Maturana said through interpreter Kamasha Robertson.

And having tasted sweet success, Maturana also stated his intention to have Trinidad and Tobago win the Digicel Caribbean Championships (DCC), which takes place in Jamaica from December 3-14.

"We are going to try to win it," Maturana said of the Caribbean Championships. "This is a fantastic opportunity for players like Khaleem (Hyland), Keon (Daniel), (Clyde) Leon and Aklie Edwards to strengthen and grow in the process."

Maturana was basking in the limelight, for a moment out of the long shadow cast by football pundits and media over some of his tactics on the way to the Final Round of CONCACAF Qualifying.

Clearly enjoying the moment, he reflected on many things, including his deliberate decision to develop inexperienced players.

"No one can say that Maturana did not give an opportunity to anyone," he declared. "This is a team of open doors and we have had the opportunity to look at over 68 local players. We've given the opportunity to each one and at the end of it we are going to choose the best players."

The Colombian said he could have taken the easy route and selected 15 popular players for any one match. He said, instead, he chose to give as many players the chance to develop with the team and show if they are up to the required level.

Maturana also defended his decision to include Wales-based winger Josh Johnson and Fulham keeper Anthony Warner in his squad, although they did not play against Cuba.

"Football is a game of teams and to be a team, first of all you have to be a group," he said. "And to be a group you have to live together. And although these players that have not yet played...they are part of the group. They know what are the codes...they know what is the discipline, and they want to know who they would want to emulate."

De man is ah philosopher?  Ah eh know he so smart  ::) ::)

He tie up heself with that piece ah philososhyte there.

Crab in a bundle

8)
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 08:28:47 PM »
Jamaica 2099,

You again?  Yuh is ah pest J2099!
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
Trinidad going nd win this Digi cup...ent last time it was Haiti nd Trini in de finals???where was Jamaica...

And I too was supporting and hoping Jamaica make it to the hex...buh when man like you start bumping yuh gum...I GLADDD...

So anyway Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors going and win the Digicup..and you will be left using your "could have" and "if's" and "when."

So yuh cld take that and smoke it... :beermug:

1]; } ?>