April 25, 2024, 03:26:58 AM

Author Topic: Maturana thrilled with CONCACAF draw  (Read 5826 times)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana thrilled with CONCACAF draw
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »
Is amazing how we have short memories.  Poterfield got us to the hex.  Look what happened to him and us in the hex.

Bertille got us to the hex.  Look what happened to him in the hex.

Pacho take us to the hex.  Lets see what happen to him and us in the hex.

The Hex is de best of the best.  We can not continue to play poor football and expect to keep getting good results.  Eventually the law of averages will come calling.  I am not calling for Pacho to be fired.  I am still neutral about him.  I just think that all de people who using timing as a reason not to fire him have no case.  We brought in Beenie in the 4th game of the Hex in 2005 and we won 4 of the last 7 games.  For those who think he shouldn't be fired come up with a better reason than timing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
merely by asserting Beenie's arrival late in the Hex, you kinda undercut yuh own position dey

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
merely by asserting Beenie's arrival late in the Hex, you kinda undercut yuh own position dey

Maybe yuh could explain how ah do dat?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
Law of averges done ketch we v Ber so we safe 4 d rest of d qualifiers
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »
  We brought in Beenie in the 4th game of the Hex in 2005 and we won 4 of the last 7 games.  For those who think he shouldn't be fired come up with a better reason than timing.

I have a better reason than timing.   How about winning.  :)
How about setting goals and meeting them.  Football as you now is a results business.  Matu have results at least you could admit that.
So even if the man's tactics is suspect and i agree with that.  Let's at least be fair to the man.  We are winning.
As far as I could remember T&T has never made it to the Hex with glory in view.  It has always been a struggle for us.  So why you want to fire a winning coach?  Because of what, Bermuda? Ah USA game we would have lost anyway? Stern John on the bench?  He cyah speak English?   The players rebelling against his leadership?  What
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
We struggle under Potters and beat Mexico b4 d hex?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »
Is amazing how we have short memories.  Poterfield got us to the hex.  Look what happened to him and us in the hex.

The Hex is de best of the best.  We can not continue to play poor football and expect to keep getting good results.  Eventually the law of averages will come calling.  I am not calling for Pacho to be fired.  I am still neutral about him.  I just think that all de people who using timing as a reason not to fire him have no case.  We brought in Beenie in the 4th game of the Hex in 2005 and we won 4 of the last 7 games.  For those who think he shouldn't be fired come up with a better reason than timing.

We brought in Beenie in the 4th game of the Hex in 2005 and we won 4 of the last 7 games.  For those who think he shouldn't be fired come up with a better reason than timing.

I have a better reason than timing.   How about winning.  :)
How about setting goals and meeting them.  Football as you now is a results business.  Matu have results at least you could admit that.
So even if the man's tactics is suspect and i agree with that.  Let's at least be fair to the man.  We are winning.
As far as I could remember T&T has never made it to the Hex with glory in view.  It has always been a struggle for us.  So why you want to fire a winning coach?  Because of what, Bermuda? Ah USA game we would have lost anyway? Stern John on the bench?  He cyah speak English?   The players rebelling against his leadership?  What

Read my post again bredda.  I never called for him to be fired.  I was responding to people who say he shouldn't get fired because it would be bad timing.  The point I was making is that using the timing issue as a reason why he shouldn't be fired is not valid.  Beenie proved that you can switch coaches much later and still be successful.

As for yuh point about winning I addressed that as well.  Bertille and Poterfield were winning too until we get to the hex.  

I agree with you that Pacho is winning right now.  Would you agree with me that we are not playing well?  Eventually how we play and the results we get will start to match each other.  Sometimes winning can mask many flaws a team has especially against weaker opponents.  That I think is what is concerning to a lot of us fans.  I am willing to give Pacho two games into the Hex before I call for him to be fired.  If we don't have at least 4 points from our first two games then I say off with his head.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »
All I have to say is if Yorke, Latas, Brichall and Stern didn’t come back, we would not have been discussing this issue right now. Maturana have no idea of who to play and when to play certain players. I wouldn’t be shocked if de mack buss, with who really picking the squad fuh games.  I don't see anything as "great" in the teams play, prior to Lasta's and them coming here. Tell me of any games, where we totally dominated the game except the practice match in DC against El Salvador.  Is not Pacho who all of ah sudden devise some new scheme or special brand of football fuh we team.

Our players are the one’s who battle to de hex. After the game in Guatemala and US game Yorke do ah post game interview and ent never mention Maturan’s name.  What alyuh talking about? Alyuh who know de football, know de man cah coach. People just glad we in de hex. So man talking about leave him deh. Alyuh like bun belly. If we cah fine nobody better, then leh we keep de man, if Beenie come callin. Talk done.  ;)

Now we here in de last lap alyuh want to ride on ah donkey. No Sah! We need ah horse.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:49:09 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »

Sarcasm somehow does not translate well when written.  Having seen all de qualifier games ah with yuh!!!  How could we loose and we beating people like de US and Cuba.  Not to mention that we draw with Guatemala with ten men. All praises to Pacho. Which team in de Hex could beat we under his great leadership???

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »

Sarcasm somehow does not translate well when written.  Having seen all de qualifier games ah with yuh!!!  How could we loose and we beating people like de US and Cuba.  Not to mention that we draw with Guatemala with ten men. All praises to Pacho. Which team in de Hex could beat we under his great leadership???

I'll just say this,football is all about matchups....................

Blessing

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »

Maybe yuh could explain how ah do dat?

Yeah man.

The Hex is de best of the best.  We can not continue to play poor football and expect to keep getting good results.  Eventually the law of averages will come calling.  I am not calling for Pacho to be fired.  I am still neutral about him.  I just think that all de people who using timing as a reason not to fire him have no case.  We brought in Beenie in the 4th game of the Hex in 2005 and we won 4 of the last 7 games.   For those who think he shouldn't be fired come up with a better reason than timing.

You disavow timing as material in an analysis of the retention, dismissal or hiring of a coach, but in the next sentence point out that despite Beenie's 'subsequent/late/eventual' arrival, we still managed to qualify for the WC.

Ent (among other things) yuh saying there's still time to make a coaching change without prejudicing a successful WC qualifying campaign? Some men simply saying, now is not de time to geh rid a de man because of de effect it could have ... nobody knows fuh sure ... just like nobody knew fuh sure that Beenie would mash up de dance ... at that time that decision was viewed as a better decision than not acting. At this time, izza a similar evaluation.

In my comments regarding Sven, I noted it would be precipitous of Mexico to dislodge him now, and that he should be given 2 or 3 matches into the Hex. My position with respect to Pacho is similar. Indeed, that would place us in a similar situation as what went down with Beenhakker (the observation you made) ... which my friend, is rooted in timing.

Moreover, how do you expect to overcome your stated neutrality, other than by affording him further time in the position?

Ent by saying yuh 'still neutral" yuh feel so until yuh feel otherwise ... until other info is presented? Where yuh plan on gehhin that info if yuh doh apply more time in the position? Dahis a mater of timing. It cyah be that yuh waiting fuh somebody to unearth a novel perspective on de games that have all been dissected aplenty already?

Now, beyond that, I have honed in on the first couple match days: El Salvador away and Honduras at home. With respect to Honduras, I like the match up of Pacho versus Rueda (they know each other reasonably well). As far as Carlos de los Cobos, it's a challenging proposition because he's getting entrenched with them, but it's fair to say El Salvador has been less challenged in qualifying than we have. We've played them fairly frequently and what?, a couple times this year and late last year? Sufficient assignments for Pacho. We're competitive with them.

If Pacho survives and we end up in a playoff situation, Pacho has experience in that context that may be useful.

Yeah, iz plenty folly went down since Bermuda ... ah see that ... but the question to be answered now is ... is there more to be gained or lost by gehhin rid of Pacho now (timing pardner)? How do we assess the net answer to that question?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:26:29 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »

I agree with you that Pacho is winning right now.  Would you agree with me that we are not playing well?  Eventually how we play and the results we get will start to match each other.  Sometimes winning can mask many flaws a team has especially against weaker opponents.  That I think is what is concerning to a lot of us fans.  I am willing to give Pacho two games into the Hex before I call for him to be fired.  If we don't have at least 4 points from our first two games then I say off with his head.

Yeah I agree with you dey.  If we keep up that brand we are in trouble.  However, i am quietly confident that we will improve and make the necessary corrections to the team.  Also if there is a team yet to peek i feel T&T might be it.  We have a very strong team now (When all hands on deck).  Could you imagine a ready KJ and a hungry Stern.  Here nah NUFF, it ent have no shithound coach that gonna make them fellas give up come the Hex.  And at the end all you could ask for is the best from the players and i think everybody on the same page with that.  Very interesting post pardnar.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>