March 28, 2024, 02:15:50 PM

Author Topic: Maturana thrilled with CONCACAF draw  (Read 5772 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana thrilled with CONCACAF draw
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:48:36 AM »
Maturana thrilled with CONCACAF draw
By Ian Prescott (Trinidad Express)

It's going to be a tough grind to get to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, but Trinidad and Tobago seem to have gotten the chance of a great start with their first two games against teams which, on paper, they have a chance of defeating.

Both T&T's Colombia head coach Francisco Maturana and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser Jack Warner attended the draw, which took place yesterday in Johannesburg, South Africa. Maturana told TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes he was elated with the schedule his team got.

"To me, Trinidad and Tobago could not get a better draw than this one and once the team remains focused and gets much needed support from all then we should be in South Africa in 2010. That is how it looks (based) on the schedule and now it is for us to make it happen," said Maturana.

The Soca Warriors begin on February 11 away to El Salvador, before hosting Honduras on March 28. T&T met El Salvador twice in friendly matches, winning a stormy game 3-1 in Washington days before the start of the CONCACAF semi-final round of qualifiers in August.

A locally-based squad also won 1-0 at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya in March.

In 2007, the teams drew another friendly 0-0 in El Salvador, while a depleted T&T line-up lost 2-1 at the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Overall, Trinidad and Tobago have won four, lost three and drawn two of nine meetings with El Salvador. And in the only World Cup qualifiers between the countries, the T&T "Strike Squad" won 2-0 at home and drew 0-0 in El Salvador in the 1990 campaign.

"Between now and the first game, the team will undergo the preparations in relation to our schedule. We will try to plan it the best way because this is the final hurdle for Trinidad and Tobago. We now have in front of us the final path to South Africa," added Maturana, who also thanked Warner for keeping faith in him.

Warner, who also had a meeting with former South Africa president Thabo Mbeki yesterday, said on his return to Port of Spain this week, the national team's 2009 programme will be drawn up and finalised accordingly.

It will include warm-up international matches in relation to T&T's World Cup qualifying schedule, as well as a live-in training camp in England.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana thrilled with CONCACAF draw
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:14:27 AM »
MAturana had his run, but i think now is the right time to fire him and put a real coach in charge of T&T if they want to have a real fighting chance to get into 2010 SA. I dont think Maturana could take us there..bring in Sven

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »
How come Maturana talking plenty now. Even though is in spanish. He used to come across like a pomiewon. I find he confident now. 

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 11:34:17 AM »
How come Maturana talking plenty now. Even though is in spanish. He used to come across like a pomiewon. I find he confident now. 

He is now starting to assert himself. I don't believe Anton and Alvin have as much control over him as they did initially. All the best to him and his staff in the final round.

I still prefer Dutch coaches, but I have to look at the big picture, and if we qualify for back to back world cups our football should benefit immensely.

Respect.

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:16:01 PM »

He is now starting to assert himself. I don't believe Anton and Alvin have as much control over him as they did initially. All the best to him and his staff in the final round.

I still prefer Dutch coaches, but I have to look at the big picture, and if we qualify for back to back world cups our football should benefit immensely.

Respect.

That is the ideal... we must score goals and keep clean sheets, if we do this under this system, then surely we will benefit from both schools of thought... that said though... Kaisoca soccer is not a myth... it is WE BRAND...
watch de man on de wing...AYE!!!
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »

I agree wid Warrior.  Mexico will be getting rid of Sven.  Mexico is ready to go further than they think they will wid Sven.  They are pedigree. 

T&T will have benefited from Maturana's approach....he is a developmental coach!  But for the big time...he aren't able!  Let's not wait until the going gets really tough to say we changing him.

T&T must be prepared to bring in Sven....forget all the niceties...this is a rough and tough business.

Sven will accept after all the headache we gave him in 2006!

Luv U T&T!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »

I agree wid Warrior.  Mexico will be getting rid of Sven.  Mexico is ready to go further than they think they will wid Sven.  They are pedigree. 

T&T will have benefited from Maturana's approach....he is a developmental coach!  But for the big time...he aren't able!  Let's not wait until the going gets really tough to say we changing him.

T&T must be prepared to bring in Sven....forget all the niceties...this is a rough and tough business.

Sven will accept after all the headache we gave him in 2006!

Luv U T&T!

Yuh think jack take him all the way to south africa tuh fire him! keep dreaming bout sven, yuh think he want work for jack, further more yuh think he want to coach players on such a low level. he going and coach one ah dem scandanavian countries.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »
So let me get this ...we fire our coach who got us to the next round comfortably and pick instead a  coach who Mexico most likely to dump ? ..way sah ! since Sven leave england dey beating people by many goals .... why allyuh eh call for capello instead ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
Respectfully fellahs, this replace Maturana talk is bullshit. Replacing him with Sven is even more bullshit. Sven? Somebody say 'frying pan' ah next man go bawl 'fire', coz dahis wha dat jump would be all about.

Lehwe enjoy some semblance of calm and normalcy nah man ... de static wid de 'quasi-blacklist/some players standing firm against de offer (understandably so)' ting done provocative enough as it is ... I say we approaching a point of consolidation as far as coaching and personnel ... we done know wha we dealing wid and all involved understand de conditions ...

Mexico's best move is to accord Sven 2, possibly 3, more games at a minimum. At that time firing talk should be revisited ... ah not being charitable and ah not being 'partisan' ... dahis ah objective read ... on de real, what outcome dey expected given where dey sourced Sven and de time he's been in the job ... dey might as well had kept Hugo if dey screw around and fire Sven now ... nah, not even ... dey might as well had kept Chucho Ramirez... or make a fervent bid for Aguirre from Atl. Madrid.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:24:50 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 05:09:23 PM »
Sven iz ah money hungry bastard...d fella have brain. YUh aint see d CLAUSES he does put in he contracts....but Jack iz d only man i see who could outfox he...let he stay where he iz...ah goe settle with Maturana.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 05:14:20 PM »
Me eh bring in Swen because dat is nonesense but 2 sayin dat we reach d next comfortably iz as much  nonesense serious SOS had 2 b sent 4 d 06 team so dat eh comfortably.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 05:48:21 PM »
rel men have crystal ball boy , i think i need one too
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »
If shit was sugar all yuh wouda sweeten all yuh tea wid it?  ;D ;D

I say leave de man for de Hex although I ain't too fond of him  ::) ::)
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 07:02:30 PM »
Why we don't like Maturana? Because he don't speak english or is it that he don't communicate thru the media the way we would like.  Let's be real even thou we kinda doh like he style.

He has giving us result thus far, now I'm not sure about some of his decision in the pass with players selections but we made it to the hex right on ah limb. Ok let's fire him now before he geh we ah heart attack this rounds before thee next game. He does act like ah stupidee. I say if we could get somebody better, leh he ride. Like somebody say this is ah business, like we owe he something? Boi Pacho go from here and go mine yuh donkey eh, we gehing Sven fuh de hex.   ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 07:09:54 AM »
Why people still hating on Matas?

We got into the final round comfortably, given all the distractions that we had.

we need at least 4 pts from our first two games, although if we get 2pts, it wouldnt be that bad!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 08:59:37 AM »
let it be known, I hatin on Sven ever since... Please no..He is ah uncoach...he dun make Lions go veggie..he nearly make the tricolor tun blue....unless we bring him to coach we Govt ministers, send he to coach the same league Dale Mitchell should be, house league....Don't touch nothing yet, we may not like how this man operate, but we in.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:57 PM »
Hmm Trini people eh bet dey unfriggin grateful nah.  De man try he bess to expose some ah de yutes dat ha to fill de void when latas an yorkie dem gone.  He put faith in Akile (who we all believe need improvement) and helping to build the confidence of other youth players.  Despite the start of the last round we did finish comfortably.  Why de hell allyuh want to bring een ah man who had some of the best players in the world and couldn't get them to score, to now coach our team?  I glad me eh know allyuh personally nah because allyuh (de ones who talking de mos cuntishness in here) would hate me fuh as much cunt as I would be callin allyuh!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »
like u nuh understand.... is nuh da de people ungratefull.... everyone happy for de job da he has done..... but i think all here would have expected us to make it to the hex after our showing in the last world cup......
I jus really not convinced by him..... i feel like de results are because of the attitude and desire of the players... i dont think Maturana did anything to improve our football..... he may have helped develop our youngsters  but can you say we honestly playin better ball dan before???
dat being said it eh really make no sense gettin rid of maturana now.... bringin in a new coach now might be too late ... so lewee jus hope maturana have wa it takes to see we thru.....
bless

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »
Hmm Trini people eh bet dey unfriggin grateful nah.  De man try he bess to expose some ah de yutes dat ha to fill de void when latas an yorkie dem gone.  He put faith in Akile (who we all believe need improvement) and helping to build the confidence of other youth players.  Despite the start of the last round we did finish comfortably.  Why de hell allyuh want to bring een ah man who had some of the best players in the world and couldn't get them to score, to now coach our team?  I glad me eh know allyuh personally nah because allyuh (de ones who talking de mos cuntishness in here) would hate me fuh as much cunt as I would be callin allyuh!

He doing we ah fava or wha? Is pay he getting to get us to the WC, you have to be joking about ungrateful. The man was hired to do a job and some people feel that though it in motion it not good enough. If you paying for a product then you have all rights to complain about the quality. You could eat chicken foot or chicken breast.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 05:53:07 PM »
I can understand some of us don't like Pacho. For me, the verdict is still out. One main problem I have with Pacho's team is the slow start. They need to start quicker. We will get kill if we continue playing like that. We are not Brazil(well, maybe when we play, Guyana, Antigua).

One positive is the emergence of Akile and Daniel. If these teo guys work harder to improve their game, it will be a great boost for the much beleagured mid-field and wing back positions.

Some men here calling for Sven. All yuh eat jerk cobo or what? That would just upset the entire chemistry of the team. New coach, new approach. The only positive thing is he can speak English. That is not a good reason to pick Sven.

Learn Spanish or Die, Anglophones!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
Emergence of AKILE YUH SAY sure u jest. Man lickin dey chops waitin on he in d HEX
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
Where is the loyalty....if not now...then when... :beermug:

We went from getting an ass kicking from Bermuda,thanks to Jackassness,to making the Hex and people calling to ax the coach,wake up people another coach coming with a different plan and this is no time to be starting ......WAKE UP ....give up the bad juice allyou drinking

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »
Where is the loyalty....if not now...then when... :beermug:

We went from getting an ass kicking from Bermuda,thanks to Jackassness,to making the Hex and people calling to ax the coach,wake up people another coach coming with a different plan and this is no time to be starting ......WAKE UP ....give up the bad juice allyou drinking

Who was coaching all that mess?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »
Matters not dat was a bump in d road we qualify comfortably 4 d hex. Dey 4get how man was on pins and needles dat wk on d board man was watchin Eurocup and cussin Stern.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 05:02:47 AM »

Oh learned one,how quickly we forget,it was not until the return game in Bermuda that we saw that some of the blacklisted players return,now surely you cannot want to extend the blame on such a fiasco on the coach,can you,it would be a serious miscarrage of justice if your view is upheld.......JACKASSNESS....again.. :rotfl:

Its always easy to blame someone else,if we look into the mirror surely we will see where the blame lies

JAH....Bless...No ...Man ...Curse

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
Yes after d blacklist was listed SJ get text sayin doh come. Birchall takin 2 Cuba get sick and was told adios, DL scrubb bench v USA. Ince after d 1st Bermuda game was not seen. So who was 2 blame for all dem niceness.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 07:18:29 AM »

Oh learned one,how quickly we forget,it was not until the return game in Bermuda that we saw that some of the blacklisted players return,now surely you cannot want to extend the blame on such a fiasco on the coach,can you,it would be a serious miscarrage of justice if your view is upheld.......JACKASSNESS....again.. :rotfl:

Its always easy to blame someone else,if we look into the mirror surely we will see where the blame lies

BREDS i was there for the bermuda game, the man coaching was suspect! imagine he played scotland and stern in the middle, two men with similar styles, scotland for the whole game over shadow stern and couldn't run pass those inept slow clumsy bermudans.

and to make matters worst scotland was not fully fit according to small mag, he just came off of stomach surgery.
ssttuueeppps.

he then left ah sick slow inept player on the pitch and subbed ah fit player to bring in ah rookie midfielder in stephen david, while leaving ah fit quick capable striker (daryl Roberts) to ride pine !

boy how the crowd cuss and carry on as the minuites ticked by. "why the hell he doh take off scotland and bring on robbie" cried the faithful massive in attendance close to the side lines.

the fella start with 3 defenders and concede two hurry goals,then he played telesford ah damn good defender as ah midfielder , mind you telesford who is ah better defender than , cyd, avery , and hislop, was excluded from the defence for ancil farrier, kareem smith and makkan, but the man just keep playing the bredder out of position, ah task that the bredder cant handle.

he keep leaving daryl on the bench for stern , Glenn, and scotty, mind you this youth have every thing over them strikers , he have speed, positioning sense, an eye for goal, awareness and is ah better finisher than any other striker on the team to date,  and to add insult to injury he plays on ah higher level, but the boy always on the bench or off the team.

telesford , guerra, Roberts, Avery, peltier, Julius ,Glenn are all getting shaffed by this kakahole and his lackey, it's almost unbearable to watch.

he needs to shape up or ship the fack out. we coulda make the hex with ah Savannah coach breds, that's how much quality the team have, his input was minimal to say the least.

he jack and the corneals are toxic elements to our football's progress, they need to ride out and let shaka , yorke and latas run the show!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:33:24 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 07:26:53 AM »
Amber alert somebody highjack jc password.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 07:41:23 AM »

Dude I not talking about team selection, I am talking about the shyte tactics which was and is still been employed by the coach. Since you talking about Bermuda, we should be able to dimiss that team even if we put Jabloteh or some other PFL team on the field. Our tactics or lack thereof the coaching been using is basic at best, there are u-18 boys team who play more complicated tactics than we do.

We have shown consistently that in going forward we have no true plan on how to get behind defense or to pull defenders out of shape. The goals we score happened, they were not build ups ending in goals, I mean a goal is a goal, but at some point you have to be able to point out a pattern of play. With us there is no real pattern other than "lets hope".

Even if we get to SA playing this way I still would not be happy. I will celebrate the achievement but not game as I have stated before. Think about getting to the WC and being drawn in the same bracket we did like the last time or switch places with the USA bracket, how do you fancy your chances then. Are you one of then that just want the opportunity to say I was there no matter the cost to the development of our game?

We will always be scrambling cause we do not hold the coaching staff to a higher level of demand in what we expect from the team on the field.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »
Tactics not impt all we need is d win how it happen not impt just d win

1]; } ?>