April 24, 2024, 11:42:19 PM

Author Topic: Roy Keane the worst coach in the EPL What allyuh Think?  (Read 3650 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roy Keane the worst coach in the EPL What allyuh Think?
« on: November 23, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
How the hell you going to take off the best header of the ball in kenwyne jones,when yuh just bring to men who could make better crosses,that man on drugs I suspect,just totally left field in my book.

It's amazing how roy keane starts off with two top strikers and nobody who could supply the crosses or proper passes,it's like cici and jones playing with ah pee wee team......

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Roy Keane the worst coach in the EPL What allyuh Think?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
Because he just played almost a full match on Wednesday, flew in yesterday or day before and was playing shit? I think those would be good reasons to sub him. Instead of keeping him on hoping to hope.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
the problem with Sunderland is that they have NO MIDFIELD i.e. no one to control the game, and make proper passes, which is why I don't understand Keane don't let Yorke get a bligh....not being bias or anything, but is only Yorke I see on that team that could do that ( I like Reid too, but sometimes he just cyar do it all), and Whitehead is more of a defensive mind, even tho he does move up when needed (as captain).

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »
It doesn't appear to me that Keane is the most unifying of personalities to have as coach. I think he brings a winning attitude/spirit from his own personality and from his ManU experience. However, the dressing room seems to be walking on eggshells. Wasn't it about two weeks ago he benched about four of his regulars for arriving late to practice or something like that? His sharp tongue doesn't help either. I think he is still trying to find his best 11 as well. Just my 2c2nts.

There appears to be miscommunications between Cisse & Jones. I know they have not had lots of time together and Jones is still not 100% fit.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »
I don't think Kenwyn had a particularly good game today, thought he was muscled out of it too easily and often.  So I can understand why he came off, but I am not defending Keane for that.

All we did was pump aimless balls into the box from poor positions and angles and just gave teh defenders heading practice.  Although Cisse should of scored with 1, unfortunately they all fell to Cisse today.  They have only played 1/2 games together and are playing too close to eachother and not a great deal of communication between them yet, they made it easy for the defenders to pick them up.  It could and should work well but without the midfield working it is just a waste of space. Cisse is just wasted with balls like that all the time, with the 2 of them balls should be mixed up a great deal more some down the channels some aimed at Kenwyn.  The midfield doesn't really work not strong enough although Malbranque had an unusually bad match today.  Defence is awful, different players same mistakes, so as I have said before including last season, coaching isn't up to scratch.  Long season ahead.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 11:34:21 PM »

Positives :

Andy Reid had a boss game.
 Kieran Richardson work he balls off.
 Nosworthy is a class act.
 Cisse keep finding himself in the right place.

Negatives :

Play too one dimensional, cross balls as the only attacking option.
 Malbranque had a real bad game. ( Note I did not use words like shithound or donkey)
 Not much came from the right side.

This was a 1-0 game and easily could have been a 0-0 game .

But it is 2 poor teams and you can't expect too much from them.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »
the team is full of 2nd rate players ('cept CE, KJ, and DY of course... :devil:)

added to which, Cisse is still trying to justify himself outside of France... they can stay up, but they need to be more creative, and to be honest, the only way that will come is by playing the Trini connection...

trust me, if the fellas play all the remaining games till the end of the season they will finish 10th or 11... right now, anybody in the bottom half can face the drop... you really feel Cisse and dem could handle dat?...

they need to pull the finger out, Carlos came across because of his exploits at Luton, and was loaned out to Mick Mc Carthy's squad for what?...

the heat is on... that said though, Dwight and KJ have proven themselves, as frustrating as it is at the moment, and should be playing much much more regularly...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:51:17 AM by kaisocagoals »
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 12:22:33 PM »
Keane asked for funds and got it..

He chose and bought supposedly better players in every position..

Same poor results and no notable improvement in the quality of football or the fortitude of this Sunderland team.

It's a viable question.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »

Same poor results and no notable improvement in the quality of football or the fortitude of this Sunderland team.

It's a viable question.

Wha happen omar,how's my tringrove bredrin doing? Anyway good point they on sunderland and roy keane,my sentiments exactly..... 

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »

It's a viable question.

Wha happen omar,how's my tringrove bredrin doing? Anyway good point they on sunderland and roy keane,my sentiments exactly..... 

agreed... but there are reasons why...

like that lone striker system for example...

4-4-1-1 is not 4-4-2
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 02:36:54 PM »
he have a decent forward line. cisse could be world class at times.

he have a decent defence.

he need help for malbranque in the middle. that is the gap.

he also need help on tactics. u could read dat side moves like a best seller from 1998.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56:06 PM »
i understand dat dey had two big men on de field.....
cisse aint small and everyone knows about jones arial ability
but to be honest every ball da was played in either was easily headed out or fell to cisse head an he eh finish nun.
Kenwyne eh really geh no chance but keane like he tole his player jus swing in de ball nah allya... kenwyne an dem go score!!!
de only kind of attacking threat they provided was through cross which was largely ineffective
as a premier league team yuh hadda play sum kina football.... try an get some penetration.
Maybe i would be thinking otherwise if de result was different but as a premier league team you need to have a plan "B"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »
i understand dat dey had two big men on de field.....
cisse aint small and everyone knows about jones arial ability
but to be honest every ball da was played in either was easily headed out or fell to cisse head an he eh finish nun.
Kenwyne eh really geh no chance but keane like he tole his player jus swing in de ball nah allya... kenwyne an dem go score!!!
de only kind of attacking threat they provided was through cross which was largely ineffective
as a premier league team yuh hadda play sum kina football.... try an get some penetration.
Maybe i would be thinking otherwise if de result was different but as a premier league team you need to have a plan "B"

yeah boy, them fellas just watching up and swinging dey pick axe handle wild wild....no accuracy or even danger with the crosses.... I hardly see anybody even try to get to the byline self... no variation

them fellas was real hurting eyes with that brand
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:18 PM »
I sympathize with Roy Keane because he needs a whole team,he eh have forwards,midfield or defence,what puzzles me is that when Sunderland wins a game you hear all kind of complimentary remarks about the team and is the same bran they playing.

I was watching KJ and it seems to me like he does not know where or when to run,unless that ball is played direct to him he not getting any ball,i can't understand in a whole game a forward of that calibre eh get one shot on goal,any time Cisse get the ball you does still feel like somthing can happen,good forwards make something out of nothing.   

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 07:17:23 PM »
I sympathize with Roy Keane because he needs a whole team,he eh have forwards,midfield or defence,what puzzles me is that when Sunderland wins a game you hear all kind of complimentary remarks about the team and is the same bran they playing.

I was watching KJ and it seems to me like he does not know where or when to run,unless that ball is played direct to him he not getting any ball,i can't understand in a whole game a forward of that calibre eh get one shot on goal,any time Cisse get the ball you does still feel like somthing can happen,good forwards make something out of nothing.  

Coops, that is the point man trying to make..

He buy ah whole team!

Malbranque, Tainio, Cisse, Ferdinand, Chimbonda, McCartney, Diouf are all players that have been successful at the top level at some point or the other... Richardson in the right environment has the potential to be excellent.. Kenwyne (though injured for the most part) supposed to be the next big thing..

The players he have now supposed to be at least twice as productive and creative as the bunch from last year. But is the same lack of imagination brand that we seeing.. They hardly score goals and they porous in the back..

I have no sympathy for Keane. The money has been spent and he is accountable.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:53 AM »
Keane is not de worst coach inde EPL, but he's not de best either!  I did not expect Jones to play de length of time he did considering the trip and all.  Reid had a great first half but faded in de second. Ricardson decent ball on a consistent basis and Cisse had an off game (about 4 headers and miss dem all). 

De football was not de pretties by any means and with the EPL being so thight, Sunderland could be trading divisions if they don't get their act together.

ps...Carlos was taking on fellas on a couple of occasions, lawd knows Sunderland needed to see dat.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »
You have your whole side together training for a week without the distraction of a cup game or international fixtures.

You playing at home in front of the fans.

You have no serious injury concerns and your two best strikers available.

And you are playing a Bolton team with a woeful goalscoring record that is notoriously poor away from home. Shitty Bolton cutting yuh ass 4-1?? nah!

Yes players made individual mistakes, but the responsibility still ultimately falls on the coach's shoulders. Sometimes these mistakes are a reflection of a lack of confidence in the squad. Judging from observing Keane in all his correspondence and interviews, he does not strike me as the kind of man that inspires confidence in the team. More often than he is crying down a player or laying down the law. You hardly ever hear him lavishing praise on a player from week to week.

I really starting to lose faith in Keane as a coach.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »
top observation Coops
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »
The Cisse/Jones partnership will take some time to develop.

Just from looking at the first couple games of them playing together you could see that Cisse has played striker all his life. He knows what spaces to get into and where to make the runs, ghost his defender in the box etc. More chances will fall to him

I think that Kenwyne is the one who needs to come up the learning curve. It was easier last season when he was the lone man upfront with respect to finding space and channeling his runs. Now he has to share that same space with a more seasoned professional who knows his trade.

I think we can agree that if Sunderland was getting results there would be less pressure coming up that curve. All this is part of his development.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »

I noticed that last week when they played West Ham. I asked this question in the West Ham vs Sunderland thread

Can anyone explain why Kenwyn so often plays deep into his own defense? Is his positioning not compromised when he plays so high and helps out that much on defence?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>