April 26, 2024, 12:14:56 AM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 33903 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v USA game.
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2009, 01:15:16 PM »
NNYMAN, since i watching U.S. vs T&T over the yrs they never give us time on the ball, they allways run @ us and try tuh out hustle us, that's their trade mark brand for playing T&T.

i doh know what tapes them coaches was watching , BC, even ah school boy could see that's always been their strategy,

run @ us , blitz, out flank, penetrate down the middle, beat the offside trapp, out run the defence, and no ajustments were made over the yrs to deal wid dat problem.

text book tactics tuh say the least, and yuh why? BC our defenders are slow as molasses. they'll never pull that against ah top team with conditioning and ah solid defence.

no disrespect tuh you, but i didn't need tuh hear that from you tuh know what game plan would be used, since anyone wid ah half brain coulda made that assesment.   we too predictable.                               positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
Beasley playing left back has been in the works for some months now. I can assure you that his main responsibility was to contain Carlos. Carlos remains one of the biggest headaches for Bradley and I am not asking you I am telling you with full confidence. When you all have a minute pull out your tape and tell me what Bradley did as soon as the goal was scored as it relates to Beasley

NNYMAN, Carlos was the man that terrorise them in the game here in POS so it wasn't surprising to me to see the US players double teaming him whenever he got the ball.  It's obvious they did their homework.  Our coach, he doh check out the opposition he does only check what he own team doing, damn stupid Corbeaux....steups.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »
Beasley playing left back has been in the works for some months now. I can assure you that his main responsibility was to contain Carlos. Carlos remains one of the biggest headaches for Bradley and I am not asking you I am telling you with full confidence. When you all have a minute pull out your tape and tell me what Bradley did as soon as the goal was scored as it relates to Beasley

Yeah I saw that... Carlos by that time had already turned him out three times by my count adn my guess was that Bradley was telling Beasley to pull up his socks on his responsibility.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2009, 02:46:35 PM »
Allyuh fellas only talkin line up line up . them fellas is all garbage i doh care who start they just dont play hard period. whether somone come on with the last five minutes you will be able to see his contributiion if he plays hard.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »
so just cool base on what you are saying then Trini should be equipped to deal with it by now. So I guess our players and coaching staff over the years all have half a brain because according to you they know it coming and still we have not come up with our own game plan to deal with it. As for the US national team why change a text book game plan that working that has been very successful over the years. As I said before brother these were elements of the game plan that was discussed prior to the game. So all I was doing was sharing some facts as it was presented to me prior to the game.  I think they executed it to perfection because the last time I checked we get we arse cut with a 3-0 thrashing. Ah like your vibe though hopefully they will bring on their staff to help them next time because at least yuh know it coming and it seems like they don't know and can't prepare for it.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: A player's perspective (please read)
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »
On April 1st USA gave Trinidad and Tobago a sound beating. They dominated the game, especially in the midfield. Their game plan (which was fully executed) was to attack the wingbacks and move the ball in the midfield. Trinidad and Tobago showed that their team consisted of players at different skill levels.

A report on each player:

Clayton Once - Safe hands throughout most of the game. Good distribution of the ball, yet had an inexcusable lapse in concentration to allow the last goal. No excuses, cause that goal may come back to haunt us.

Anthony Wolfe - Poor game. I hope that experiment is over. He had no clue and one could tell that he had no experience how to defend the overlapping wingback. (Beasley) I blame this on the coach. If i was the coach, i would have called Yohance Marshall and Julius James and experiment with them when they arrived in Nashville. Simply because Marshall plays with Donovan everyday and James plays against him.

Kenyo Thomas - I personally don't think he is a good player, But on that night he WAS EXTRA BAD . Lost alot of head balls to Altidore, When he won the head balls the were off, poor marking skills, poor positioning as a defender ( on the second goal when Donovan went out wide, he left the middle of the defense causing it stretch and allowing Altidore an easy path through the middle). He is a laborer, with no skill. He can't play wit the ball at his feet.

Dennis Lawrence - Had the best game out of all the defenders. Won all the head balls, played well with the ball, and kept with the strikers. However, he lost concentration in the game and lost his marker. A huge part to this was because the wingbacks were exploited and the drew him out. Ok game tallman

A. Edwards - Please make a count of this stat if you look at highlights of the game. He passed the ball to the US team, either in throw-ins or passes 21 times. His lack of experience showed. He did not learn from his mistakes during the game, which is a bad sign. The US did not play with a right-wing essentially, and used Frankie Hejduk to bring in crosses. He crossed in the ball passed Edwards over 10-15 times. That is horrible. He never forced him to bo back. He could not string a proper pass together. He allowed Altidore to get on the inside and muscle his way to the first goal. But i guess in defence force, he is a big defender or a big player. As a player, i think his confidence was low after the first goal and Ince and company were yelling at him all game. Looked extremely uneasy before the game. 

C. Edwards. I think his class was over the rest. His runs were well-timed. He came back to help the defence. He needs alot of help from his midfield to be effective. Due to Chris Birchall's fear of receiving the ball, he was forced to play in the middle at times, more than he should. Not the best crosser, but whats new. Put alot of pressure on Beasley and played very sensibly and within his game. He was fired up for that game.

Chris Birchall - I did not think he played worst that he really does. He was exposed during the game, to what his game really is. He was avoiding his role to receive the ball from the defenders. (please watch the clips) He did not check towards the ball to receive it. He tried defensively, but that is not good enough, because in today's game all defensive midfielders distribute the ball (Marco Sena, Andrea Pirlo, Micheal Carrick). He feeds off the other midfielders like Yorke, Latapy even Theobald and let's them retrieve the ball and he sits. That night, it was his job and he could not do it. His touch is not the best but he is a good guy. I think he got sub'ed because he did not get the ball. Chris i know you will probably read this but you should work on your attacking part of the game. Look to receive te ball from the defence more, this will help the team.

Leon - Did not play sensibly. Was, like Birchall inexistent. Hid from getting the ball. poor positioning and supporting the strikers. He did not string any good passes. However, defensively, i thought he was good at closing the midfielders down. Yet, he lost the battle...

Daniel - Showed he had class, but like Carlos, needed elp from the center midfielders. He is a player that works best with the ball played to him in a one v one position. However, because the center midfielders lacked the ability to go get the ball, he had the ball around the half-line and as such was ineffective. He needed to help Edwards more, but i dont know what the coach told him about defending.

Jones - I think he was good. Once again, he need alot of help from the midfield. Won alot of flick-ons but John, did not help the case. Moreover, when he held the ball up, he had no midfielders to lay it off to. Picture how attacking he would be if he had the crosses Frankie Hejduk gave.

John - I am a fan of 69 Goals, and i probably saw 40 of the goals fisrt hand. Over the last year, he lived on his past accolades but today, i think his time should be numbered. People say experience counts, but not as a foward. Performance counts. I know that people make mistakes, but when he received the call from Carlos, and he could not take it down it was embarrasing. I went to practice today and my American teamates thought that it was the most embarassing thing as well. To bring a ball down with his left foot? That is embarassing. That opportunity was a sure goal, cause had he taken it down it would have been a 2v1 for TandT. What he does best is holding up the ball and bringing it down. I like that about him. I hope he perfoms better in the future. I hate the attitude that he has, when for example A. Edwards messed up a pass and he put his hand in the air and when he gave a goal away he walks off. Scotty should have come on for him in the 60min in my eyes.

Despite the pressure and laughter i experienced from my teamates i saw alot of from the game:
  • The Wolfe experiment is over
  • Birchall's inability to check for the ball is exposed
  • Carlos showed class and that he knows how to play even if his team is not
  • Lawrence can still hold the fort
  • Thomas is a poison to the defence, and he needs to go
  • More scouting needs to be done on opposing teams.

And all de time I thought you really knew what you were talking about ..I stand corrected .I guess that is the exact reason you are not on the team .You said you saw 40 of his goals 'first hand' ,i'm just curious ,was that while you were on the pitch or spectating like everyone else ? You call your self 'future soca warrior' ,have you ever played any international games for TnT ,with #14 ? and if so why are you not on the team right now ,or are you ? It's easy yuh call yuh self 'future soca warrior' and give match reports but your reports hold the same weight as anyone else here unless you have been there and done it ,otherwise yuh just bumping like everyone else that have an opinion. .......steupps... all yuh know how tuh waste ppl time oui ....future soca warrior  ??? ???  how long in de future 2025  ??? becuz yuh assesment on #14 have yuh sounding like you're about 5yrs old and eh have ah clue wha yuh talking bout....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2009, 07:01:10 PM »
The difference between 05-06 and now isn't just Bennie, far from actually. The biggest  difference was that the whole nation got behind the team. It raised their level of play and men like cyd grey, theobald and spann were playing the best football of their lives. I don't think Jack, Anton, Maturana or even Stern ;D  killing TnT football. I think  that it may very well be the men posting on this forum. I know for a fact that every man on the national team reads this forum, some more than others, and it really hurts them even during the game because it represents the general fan support and views in TnT. I'm not saying that the supporters don't have a right to be angry but if we could have every game like Mexico at home (the best game I have ever seen Trinidad win in my life) then our quality will increase so much that we might look better than even 06. I still think that we need a new coach but that might not be the real problem with our national team.

??? ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>