March 28, 2024, 01:50:04 PM

Author Topic: Aurtis Whitley  (Read 6239 times)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Aurtis Whitley
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »
Anybody know what become of him?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aurtis Whitley
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
good question, i imagine he was an unused sub for de last game? anybody know?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »
good question, i imagine he was an unused sub for de last game? anybody know?

He was not named in the squad of 18 for the WCQ against Cuba.

He played and started all 3 Digicel Cup qualifiers.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:50 PM »
The man just came off ah nerve injury in the foot, it would take ah while for him to regain form, be patient.
yuh dun know that pancho love aurtis and makkan like cook food, so look for him in the digicel cup and beyond.                            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »
The man just came off ah nerve injury in the foot, it would take ah while for him to regain form, be patient.
yuh dun know that pancho love aurtis and makkan like cook food, so look for him in the digicel cup and beyond.                            positive.

Positive indeed.  On a similar yet different note, why is Whitley is one of the few local (PFL) players to play w/significant intensity/urgency, any insights?  I think I know the ans but will leave it alone for now
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:42:51 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:55 PM »

Positive indeed.  One a similar yet different note, why is Whitley is one of the few local (PFL) players to play w/significant intensity/urgency, any insights?  I think I know the ans but will leave it alone for now

remember jagdeosign days in the pfl
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »
latapy take he spot  ;D

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 08:59:41 PM »
Scene...atleast he getting sweat in the digi cup...kepping tha form...cuz when he's ah 100 heze ah terrror!

I was thinking, de other day on the board we was discussing that Carlos mite be better in de back...Whitley is ah good man to run down that left flank!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:12:35 AM »
when he come back, everybody have to brakes... :beermug: :beermug:
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 07:55:08 AM »

so who from the current midfield u will drop to start AW ???

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 08:01:33 AM »

No one... roles will rotate according to the opposition, Latas could take a break from time to time... everything depends on just how attacking we want to be...

even the man himself say so too... "when ah come back, everybody have to brakes..."

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »

Ah know this will not be popular opinion but I would drop Latapy from the starting lineup and replace him either either with AW or Darryl Roberts.  I believe either of them would be more effective in a starting role. 

I would be suprised if Latas made it through the entire hex.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »
Me personally...I want the guy to come back to full strange hitting on all cylinder

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »
Me personally...I want the guy to come back to full strange hitting on all cylinder

Indeed.... Get well Otis...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 10:50:10 AM »
i know Whitely will be a great addition to the midfield once he healthy...and with 10 games in Hex (and Digicel and what-have-you) i'm sure there will be more than enough games to go around for everybody to get ah game ot two......oh, and dat lil matter about men starting instead of Latas and being more effective??? we been there before, hence de friggin reason why he friggin back here playing;)

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 11:05:56 AM »
i know Whitely will be a great addition to the midfield once he healthy...and with 10 games in Hex (and Digicel and what-have-you) i'm sure there will be more than enough games to go around for everybody to get ah game ot two......oh, and dat lil matter about men starting instead of Latas and being more effective??? we been there before, hence de friggin reason why he friggin back here playing;)

yeah... maybe so, but Latas 'magic' is needed sparingly... his influence is another thing... he dosen't have to play EVERY game...

brakes ah say... everybody have to brakes when Whitley come back...

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:50 AM »

De last time Darryl Roberts started a game he scored one of the goals that got us into the semifinal group.  So yeah we tried it, it worked and then we abandoned it.  But Pacho knows best right?

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »
Si, Pacho sabe mejor, senor    ;)
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »

De last time Darryl Roberts started a game he scored one of the goals that got us into the semifinal group.  So yeah we tried it, it worked and then we abandoned it.  But Pacho knows best right?

But Latas score the goal that we beat USA? Which one more important?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »

yuh know what, on further consideration, you right, ah take back what ah say, dem fellahs go be more effective than Latas, my bad.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »
i know Whitely will be a great addition to the midfield once he healthy...and with 10 games in Hex (and Digicel and what-have-you) i'm sure there will be more than enough games to go around for everybody to get ah game or two......oh, and dat lil matter about men starting instead of Latas and being more effective??? we been there before, hence de friggin reason why he friggin back here playing;)

yeah... maybe so, but Latas 'magic' is needed sparingly... his influence is another thing... he dosen't have to play EVERY game...

brakes ah say... everybody have to brakes when Whitley come back...

i agree wid yuh totally, i would hope Latas is used sparingly, and like you (and others) ah cyah wait for a healthy Witley to rejoin de team.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »

If Roberts didn't score Latapy would not have had an opportunity to score against de USA because we would not have advanced to the semifinal round.  So Daryl Roberts' goal was more important.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 06:36:36 PM »
 Aurtis go get back he full form soon in time for the hex. He could come on to back up Yorke in ah defensive mid. 

A this is ah lil off topic, but hear nah. Knowing that we need more of a creative mid-fielder to replace Latas. Can we move Keon Daniels from the left wing to center mid and let Hyland play the LW.  We would need a player who can dribble with the creativity and craftiness in the middle or can Hyland do the same, because he can use both legs. Somebody talk to meh nah.  ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »

If Roberts didn't score Latapy would not have had an opportunity to score against de USA because we would not have advanced to the semifinal round.  So Daryl Roberts' goal was more important.

You're wrong about that.  Stern John scored in that game as well.  Scores would have been tied and we would have gone into extra time.  Roberts' goal while important, was not THE CRUCIAL GOAL.  If Stern John did not score, then you MIGHT be able to say Latapy MIGHT not have had the opportunity to score against USA.

Jes keepin u real... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 01:08:52 AM »

You're wrong about that.  Stern John scored in that game as well.  Scores would have been tied and we would have gone into extra time.  Roberts' goal while important, was not THE CRUCIAL GOAL.  If Stern John did not score, then you MIGHT be able to say Latapy MIGHT not have had the opportunity to score against USA.

Jes keepin u real... 8)

Ok correct me if I am wrong but if Stern John did not score we would have one the game 1-0.  The aggregate score would have been tied 2-2 but Bermuda would have advanced on the away goals rule since they scored two goals in T&T.  There would have been no extra time.  If I am right about that then Roberts' goal and Stern John's goal have equal value.  Stern John's goal was NOT MORE CRUCIAL. We needed both.  Since both goals were needed for us to advance to the semifinal round then Daryl Roberts' goal was more important than the goal Latapy scored against de USA. 

Two examples come to mind.  In 1990 qualifying campaign we tied Honduras 0-0 in T&T.  We also tied 1-1 in Honduras but T&T advanced because of the away goals rule.  In the 2006 campaign Cuba and Costa Rica tied 2-2 in Cuba and 1-1 in Costa Rica and Costa Rica advanced because of the away goals rule. 

If I am right then I can say that Latapy WOULD NOT (not might not) have had an opportunity to score against the USA.

Tallman wey yuh?  Was the away goals rule in effect when we played Bermuda?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 07:06:13 AM »
Daryl Roberts is getting ah real raw deal by maturana and CO. the fella is ah goalscoring machine and ah dynamic finisher but still can't get ah run out.

we have the capability to reach the WC with minimal effort if the selection policy was fair. daryl is actually an attacking mid more-so than ah striker, he said it himself that it was his favorite position.

imagine maturana was using wolf as an attacking mid and we had roberts ah much better option, he then chooses scotland over daryl up front, no disrespect to scotty, but he's not a savvy striker, he needs the ball in ah favorable position to score,roberts on the other hand creates his own chances with very little wasted opportunities.

julius james is another fella who sucking salt under pancho, solid defender from all accounts, but he insists on aklie edwards, and makkan.

telesford is another salt sucker, solid defender but shyte midfielder.... so what do we do? PUT THE FELLA BACK IN DEFENCE!!!! he had ah good game against bermuda in the left back position, and we did not concede, so Pancho what's your problem!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »
Daryl Roberts is getting ah real raw deal by maturana and CO. the fella is ah goalscoring machine and ah dynamic finisher but still can't get ah run out.

we have the capability to reach the WC with minimal effort if the selection policy was fair. daryl is actually an attacking mid more-so than ah striker, he said it himself that it was his favorite position.

imagine maturana was using wolf as an attacking mid and we had roberts ah much better option, he then chooses scotland over daryl up front, no disrespect to scotty, but he's not a savvy striker, he needs the ball in ah favorable position to score,roberts on the other hand creates his own chances with very little wasted opportunities.

julius james is another fella who sucking salt under pancho, solid defender from all accounts, but he insists on aklie edwards, and makkan.

telesford is another salt sucker, solid defender but shyte midfielder.... so what do we do? PUT THE FELLA BACK IN DEFENCE!!!! he had ah good game against bermuda in the left back position, and we did not concede, so Pancho what's your problem!

Ah think we go have to be like TI and start ah campaign fuh Darryl Roberts.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »

Dread unlike TI, i don't know daryl roberts from no where! TI  and jemmot is related somehow, daryl is just ah youth i noticed a few yrs ago and was imppressed to the max, just like whitley ,the first time i saw the bredder play i became an instant fan.

the man(daryl) does buss the net from 1/4 chances @ any angle, and it's extremely disturbing to watch such talent waste away on a bench when it could be utilized on the pitch!

that guy have such an eye for goal that he don't need half let alone ah full chance, and all the wasted opportunities that our other strikers get and squander he will put away, the fella is not only ah sharp shooter , but he have defensive skills, hustle and speed tuh bun.

these is the kind of injustice that does make me want to stop follow national football. like osie , fellas here does cry him down , but how many of us actually seen this fella play as a defender and not a midfielder, well i have and dude reads the game as a defender better than most of our defenders,with the exception of tallest and dog.

my beef with pancho comes from his team selection policy and the rotation of his subs, he seem to favor physical players as opposed to quick more mobile players.

i'm not ah coach , but i would like to believe i have fair knowledge of the game and some sort of common sense to go with it, and it's absolute nonsense to play PFL ,LEAGUEONE, AND CHAMPIONSHIP players over fellas who plying their trade on the highest level. that alone does puzzle me when it happens.

to put it in a nut shell , i don't think anton corneal should be anywhere near our senior team if he's going to tamper with the way this old man select players, this just cannot continue, it's bad for our development.

let him go back to the under 17 and help develop the youths. i just can't afford to waste my time watching rookies playing over stallwarts. plus i tired ah dem two mad fellas thiefin my head with dey nonsensical selection policies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:05:13 PM by just cool »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »

Dread unlike TI, i don't know daryl roberts from no where! TI  and jemmot is related somehow, daryl is just ah youth i noticed a few yrs ago and was imppressed to the max, just like whitley ,the first time i saw the bredder play i became an instant fan.

the man(daryl) does buss the net from 1/4 chances @ any angle, and it's extremely disturbing to watch such talent waste away on a bench when it could be utilized on the pitch!

that guy have such an eye for goal that he don't need half let alone ah full chance, all the wasted opportunities that our other strikers get and squander he will put away, the fella is not only ah sharp shooter , but he have defensive skills, hustle and speed tuh bun.

these is the kind of injustice that does make me want to stop follow national football. like osie , fellas here does cry him down , but how many of us actually seen this fella play as a defender and not a midfielder, well i have and dude reads the game as a defender better than most of our defenders,with the exception of tallest and dog.

my beef with pancho comes from his team selection policy and the rotation of his subs, he seem to favor physical players as opposed to quick more mobile players.

i'm not ah coach , but i would like to believe i have fair knowledge of the game and some sort of common sense to go with it, and it's absolute nonsense to play PFL ,LEAGUEONE, AND CHAMPIONSHIP players over fellas who plying their trade on the highest level. that alone does puzzle me when it happens.

to put it in a nut shell , i don't think anton corneal should be anywhere near our senior team if he's going to tamper with the way this old man select players, this just cannot continue, it's bad for our development.

let him go back to the under 17 and help develop the youths. i just can't afford to waste my time watching rookies playing over stallwarts. plus i tired ah dem two mad fellas thiefin my head with dey nonsensical selection policies.

Papi I agree wid yuh.  I cyah understand what justification there is this man not to be on the team.  The only thing I would do differently from you is I would play him in midfield because we are loaded at the striker position and he is versatile enough to play midfield effectively. 

As fuh Anton Corneal I have been saying the same thing for a long time.  Get him away from our national team.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »

that guy have such an eye for goal that he don't need half let alone ah full chance, all the wasted opportunities that our other strikers get and squander he will put away, the fella is not only ah sharp shooter , but he have defensive skills, hustle and speed tuh bun.

Papi I agree wid yuh.  I cyah understand what justification there is this man not to be on the team.  The only thing I would do differently from you is I would play him in midfield because we are loaded at the striker position and he is versatile enough to play midfield effectively. 

As fuh Anton Corneal I have been saying the same thing for a long time.  Get him away from our national team.
I know that fardder,  do feel like ah grousing @ you king, i just frustrated with these two nut cases come selection and game time.

my bad if ah came accross aggressive, it was not aimed @ you or towards anyone for that matter. :beermug:                                          positive.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 04:50:49 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>