June 17, 2024, 01:25:40 PM

Author Topic: Why do Trinis Stand in the Stadium ?  (Read 7635 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why do Trinis Stand in the Stadium ?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
y the idiots have to throw up their drinks and what ever in they hand whenever something happen? Real ppl does get hit on their head and possibly injured, not to mention that not everyone like to have alcohol on them! I does seriously consider to stop going stadium cause of this. If they want to drink thats fine, but dont throw your stuff on me. Even if is not alcohol, u still getting stink mouth people thing on your head, face and clothes etc.

Look how you get on here no one tell you to cool it. stueps
yeah i had a rant, buh i single out anyone or tell anybody to stay home?
how u cud tell me to stay home? what wrongs i doing to the rest of ppl there. i does jump up too when something happen, however i doh like ppl throwing things on me or bussing meh head. u telling people who doh like men standing in the aisle (even though is breaking the law) to stay home.
I cyah agree with u line of thought nah. I know i cyah change/stop ppl from doing that, but that doh mean that i have to like it.

Anyhow. Peace

ps...man jumping up and he drink spilling different to people throwing anything in their hands up in the air. Allyu never see people in the lower rows get  full can and bottle and thing in their head? Daiz what men defending?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »
y the idiots have to throw up their drinks and what ever in they hand whenever something happen? Real ppl does get hit on their head and possibly injured, not to mention that not everyone like to have alcohol on them! I does seriously consider to stop going stadium cause of this. If they want to drink thats fine, but dont throw your stuff on me. Even if is not alcohol, u still getting stink mouth people thing on your head, face and clothes etc.

With all due respect, I don't believe public venues are the place for you.

nah man, Stadium for football and oval for cricket does be a real real nice experience. Is only that one thing i have an issue with, but i have no choice but to bear with it and enjoy mehself otherwise, daiz y i does take meh soak and still go to support the team.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »

A man run towards him on the cycle track to give him a high-five ... stag in one hand, and hold the drink FAR from Stern to make sure he didn't knock down he drink.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »

A man run towards him on the cycle track to give him a high-five ... stag in one hand, and hold the drink FAR from Stern to make sure he didn't knock down he drink.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiGrT6PE904

19 sec into the video.
I think he was getting booed because he had missed a penalty before scoring the second.

... and my bad, not the cycle track. The running track.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »
The real reason trinis stand in d stadium is becuz thts our culture ,we accustomed to standing to watch football may it be in savannah football,eddie hart league etc we like to stand and lime and watch d game so when we go in d stadium is d same ting, cyar stop tht.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »

Look how you get on here no one tell you to cool it. stueps
yeah i had a rant, buh i single out anyone or tell anybody to stay home?
how u cud tell me to stay home? what wrongs i doing to the rest of ppl there. i does jump up too when something happen, however i doh like ppl throwing things on me or bussing meh head. u telling people who doh like men standing in the aisle (even though is breaking the law) to stay home.
I cyah agree with u line of thought nah. I know i cyah change/stop ppl from doing that, but that doh mean that i have to like it.

Anyhow. Peace

ps...man jumping up and he drink spilling different to people throwing anything in their hands up in the air. Allyu never see people in the lower rows get  full can and bottle and thing in their head? Daiz what men defending?

Again I was not singling out you when I say stay home, although you were included in that.   ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 07:51:10 PM »
Playing Macho  8) 8)
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »
After d last game was alcohol mix wit powder from d powder puff possee. It real annoyin plus d idiot who after he beer on peeps decide 2 throw d can on d cycle track need 2 stay home
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
From my perspective..when yuh say stand up in the stadium...yuh mean by the railing in the back or when you in your seat?

Reasons in no particular order...

1) It is the best view of the pitch...uncovered is lower than covered. Thus the top row of seats and or the railing at the back gives you the best view.

2) Tradition...my old man and uncle...NEVER sit down to watch a game. They always stand up and lean up in the back. However it is a spin off of certain happenings...in 88-89 when we had qualifiers in the afternoon 3-4pm kickoff the sun was too hot when you reach 1-2 pm...so they used to chill underneath and kickoff time come upstairs and just restback...not bothering nobody..not jumbieing nobody for a seat.

3) Late comers...stadium full, game done start...yuh cyar be looking for seat and mashing man foot etc. So you stay in the back and breeze.

4) Uncovered used to be CONCERETE...it was no chairs...some parts had wood and it used to have splinter and rusty screw and ting. To keep yuh pants in order you used to sit in the aisle (concrete part) or STAND UP in the back...A tradition that is maintained today. It was also more comfortable.

5) Easy meeting area, and easy to see your partners.

6) SOme people lean over the railing to watch they partners come in.

7) The best gape is in the back...all the girls who not watching football or who hustling toilet does be walking up and down in the back like they wukking taxi.

8) The beer and pie men are located there so you getting yuh drinks cold (sometimes before they run out) and yuh pies warm.

9) Bandits like to hover near the top of the railing  and jam people going down the step and grab chain etc.

10) Some people find the seats too hot and claustraphobic and want free breeze up top.

11) Some men like to bun they lil sess and ting and doh like to be around the crowd, hence they go in the back behind the goalpost.

12) If you in yuh seat and the man infront stand up...Only a arsehole go sitdown behind and stay not seeing nuttin...Stand up too...and get the view of the field.

13) Sometimes yuh does have to rise above the umbrella and ting in the crowd, some people refuse to close their umbrella.

14) Some girls like to stand up on chair and wine, others does be jamming girls...cyar do that sitting down.

15) When men have instruments in the crowd..they stand up to beat them as they have the iron/drums etc on small stools, tables racks etc. so them standing up..you hadda stand up too to see over them.

16) If you get a seat down below...the damn yellow fence and the advertising boards does jumbie yuh view. Stand up to see better.

17) People does stand up to makko a bess ting, some kinda arguement or fight or try to listen to Landing make one of he jokes.

18) WHEN THE GAME GOING GOOD AND IS PURE VIBES AND YUH RALLYING THE TEAM>>>YUH CYAR DO THAT SITTING DOWN. Yuh must jump up when goal score and ting.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
speaking of Chicago.....ah drunk red man in TnT bandana playing he telling man not to let people pass (TnT fans was standing in de aisle) during halftime, now dis is people (white black, what-have-you) who pay to come to watch de game and going to de bathroom or concession stand or something eh.....well thankfully man eh study him and allow de people to go dey way.....ah saying to mehself why he ha to embarrass we nation so......yuh know de cacahole from Belize!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »
From my perspective..when yuh say stand up in the stadium...yuh mean by the railing in the back or when you in your seat?

Reasons in no particular order...

1) It is the best view of the pitch...uncovered is lower than covered. Thus the top row of seats and or the railing at the back gives you the best view.

2) Tradition...my old man and uncle...NEVER sit down to watch a game. They always stand up and lean up in the back. However it is a spin off of certain happenings...in 88-89 when we had qualifiers in the afternoon 3-4pm kickoff the sun was too hot when you reach 1-2 pm...so they used to chill underneath and kickoff time come upstairs and just restback...not bothering nobody..not jumbieing nobody for a seat.

3) Late comers...stadium full, game done start...yuh cyar be looking for seat and mashing man foot etc. So you stay in the back and breeze.

4) Uncovered used to be CONCERETE...it was no chairs...some parts had wood and it used to have splinter and rusty screw and ting. To keep yuh pants in order you used to sit in the aisle (concrete part) or STAND UP in the back...A tradition that is maintained today. It was also more comfortable.

5) Easy meeting area, and easy to see your partners.

6) SOme people lean over the railing to watch they partners come in.

7) The best gape is in the back...all the girls who not watching football or who hustling toilet does be walking up and down in the back like they wukking taxi.

8) The beer and pie men are located there so you getting yuh drinks cold (sometimes before they run out) and yuh pies warm.

9) Bandits like to hover near the top of the railing  and jam people going down the step and grab chain etc.

10) Some people find the seats too hot and claustraphobic and want free breeze up top.

11) Some men like to bun they lil sess and ting and doh like to be around the crowd, hence they go in the back behind the goalpost.

12) If you in yuh seat and the man infront stand up...Only a arsehole go sitdown behind and stay not seeing nuttin...Stand up too...and get the view of the field.

13) Sometimes yuh does have to rise above the umbrella and ting in the crowd, some people refuse to close their umbrella.

14) Some girls like to stand up on chair and wine, others does be jamming girls...cyar do that sitting down.

15) When men have instruments in the crowd..they stand up to beat them as they have the iron/drums etc on small stools, tables racks etc. so them standing up..you hadda stand up too to see over them.

16) If you get a seat down below...the damn yellow fence and the advertising boards does jumbie yuh view. Stand up to see better.

17) People does stand up to makko a bess ting, some kinda arguement or fight or try to listen to Landing make one of he jokes.

18) WHEN THE GAME GOING GOOD AND IS PURE VIBES AND YUH RALLYING THE TEAM>>>YUH CYAR DO THAT SITTING DOWN. Yuh must jump up when goal score and ting.

Sweet! Sweet! T&T, Ohhh how a luv up meh Country. . . .Sweet! Sweet! T&T, Nowhere in this world I'd rather be... Oh Oh Oh
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 01:20:04 AM »
We on de stage...............

We like it so!

Luv U T&T!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »

whey d fire and police officers to engforce the code? the stewards? like you want jack to charge we 500 for uncovered to pay for all that

its wrong but what yuh expect guntas and baddis are warriors too

I decided to go to uncovered for the game against Cuba since I found the covered stands to have zero vibes for the games versus Guatemala and the USA.  Ah sit by the movietowne side with meh son and nephews.  Well de vibes was definitely nicer with the majority truly into de ball but ah did not need to smell de weed.  Yuh swear it was an Cherokee Indian camp, and they were sending smoke signals to the score board side.  De funny thing is that at one point the police actually came down and jack up the last of de braves sending signals but ah certain individual (with a moustache like an old police) tell dem to leave de guy.  From that point the smoke signals stop but de brave in question sit next to de big man and watch de whole match.  De entire top level was ram.  And in the midst of the lime was the same two police and two firemen. 

Now covered stands does have a similar problem on the middle walkway level but in front of the VIP boxes de police and firemen does have yuh hopping in quick step.  For de England game it was standing and sitting anywhere yuh please on the lower part of the covered area.

De fact of the matter is that people could say we like it so but we only need one emergency incident to see de error in our ways and we might truly understand the dangers involve in our actions.  We would then blame everbody like de sports minister, de Prime Minister, Jack Warner, de polisce and fire but not look at ourselves.  But we truly believe God is a Trini so these things cannot occur and the lawlessness continues.

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 08:46:47 AM »
Because we like to stay at "ATTENTION" at all times to macco everything. We doh like to miss nuttin including de game. Trini's doh miss nuttin, even ah blind man in Trini could see.  8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:48:38 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
Fast Forward, qualifiers 2014 -  TT vs jamaica 75th minute Jam leading 2-1.  A mature Birchall crack a laser from outside the 18 after a hard hustle from de middle in de jep nes'.  We need a draw to qualify.  Yuh wouldn't take a lil beers wet?  steups

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
movietowne side behind the goal has always been known as "jamaica". If yuh want a lil smoke that is where yuh go and noone bothers yuh.
Back in Trini...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 09:15:31 AM »
movietowne side behind the goal has always been known as "jamaica". If yuh want a lil smoke that is where yuh go and noone bothers yuh.

Like yuh trying to tell we ah lil secret deh Boi NYTriniwhiteboy.  :D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »
My ting is dis.....I take fault for doing it too.  But supporters hadda be de most retarded people ever.  All de time when de game normal pace, everybody does be sitting dong and seeing de whole field normal without disturbance.  As ah counter-attack happen or somebody going to goal, people does want to stand up as if dey goh see it better.  In doing dat, yuh does end up blocking de man who sitting dong right behind yuh.  How he goh know when you going and jump out yuh seat for ah play.  Den next ting yuh know...is boom goal, and yuh miss de judgment goal because de stadium aint have no replay. 

Yuh feel in ah cinema, when ah exciting part ah de movie start, man does jump out dey seat...steuppes.  People does jes sit dong and everybody does still see normal.  I doh mind yuh get out yuh seat when ah goal score to celebrate, but doh jump out before ah goal and make de considerate people like mehself miss de damn goal or de chroo pass dat cause de goal.  If trini people could adopt dis mentality, de experience goh be so sweet.

And doh tell meh bout how dem south americans does watch fitball, because de whole stadium does be standing up right chroo...dat is ah different story, because if everybody standing at different levels, den everybody or most people could see right chroo.....but doh jump out yuh seat out ah timing because yuh tink ah goal going and score...wait till de damn goal score to celebrate...or odderwise ask Hunt to pull out all dem chair out de stadium, and jes leave steps....

Das my two cents

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »
Yeah but the a movie is a movie, this game is being written right in front your eye, not even reality show come close to this.

honestly guys I think this is ah non-entity as it is part of who WE are.

I went to the Titans vs Jets game last Sunday and is the same thing going on in people standing in front of you. They don't stand in the aisle, but they stand up in the seating area. This man was buying a soda (in cup) before the game start so he ask for the one with the cover. He explained that he may not drink all (the one with the cover is real massive), but it will keep the woman who sits in front of him hair out the drink, because she does start jumping (Favre gave them no chance to jump) when TN, on the ball.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2008, 09:27:02 PM »

Like yuh trying to tell we ah lil secret deh Boi NYTriniwhiteboy.  :D

i admit to nothing!!! but deny nothing too
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>