April 25, 2024, 08:41:48 AM

Poll

Our best & most committed foreign born import.

Chris Birchall
29 (51.8%)
Ronnie Mauge
4 (7.1%)
Ian Cox
0 (0%)
Kevin Austin
0 (0%)
Andre Charles
0 (0%)
Shaka Hislop
17 (30.4%)
Jose Luis Seabra
0 (0%)
Andre Boucaud
6 (10.7%)
Gavin Hoyte
0 (0%)
Justin Hoyte
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Who was our best foreign born import.  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Who was our best foreign born import.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:37 AM »
Shaka was born in England.

Hence....foreign born.

I also think if yuh countin other caribbean countries as "foreign born" (after all....dey not T&T).....we might be surprised at who would qualify under dis criteria.  Not everybody who play for T&T was BORN in T&T.

What if somebody were to say that Latas was BORN in St Vincent and come T&T as a chile?  Is that out of the realm of possibility?  Remember....Slinger Francisco is a Grenadian.

I know Latas from up the hill but I didn't know he was Vincey born.. I thought he was born in town..

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

I wouldn't be far fetched at all ...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »

Hence....foreign born.

I also think if yuh countin other caribbean countries as "foreign born" (after all....dey not T&T).....we might be surprised at who would qualify under dis criteria.  Not everybody who play for T&T was BORN in T&T.

What if somebody were to say that Latas was BORN in St Vincent and come T&T as a chile?  Is that out of the realm of possibility?  Remember....Slinger Francisco is a Grenadian.

I know Latas from up the hill but I didn't know he was Vincey born.. I thought he was born in town..

Yuh cah f00cking read or wha.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 09:45:41 AM »

Hence....foreign born.

Yuh cah f00cking read or wha.

That can be read in two ways... One as an example and the other as a hint at the truth/info not previously known to most...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »
It is a pity JayLoyd did not play for TT. He is a good one.

He played in two World Cup Qualifiers in 2009.

I meant, it is a pity he did not play more games for TT. I still feel he can do ah thing for TT.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »

Hence....foreign born.

Contro....daz a contender fuh de 2015 DavyJenny Award bruh  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 11:29:43 AM »
It is a pity JayLoyd did not play for TT. He is a good one.

He played in two World Cup Qualifiers in 2009.

I meant, it is a pity he did not play more games for TT. I still feel he can do ah thing for TT.

Yeah man at one point he was one of the best wing backs in England.
Unfortunately for us England wanted him too.
To me a born Trini should not hesitate to commit to T&T like he did.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

Hence....foreign born.

Contro....daz a contender fuh de 2015 DavyJenny Award bruh  ;D

:D :D maybe, maybe not brother... but who is to say Latas don't have roots in vincey or grenada through his parents :o

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
It is not farfetched that Trinis with French and French sounding names may have had a parent or parents from either Greneda, Vincy, Loosha, Dominica. Many of the "white" Trinis are descendants of Martinique, Guadeloupe and Haiti. Remember this started first with the Spanish authorities in Trini issuing the Cedula de Populacion.

This Foreign/local things is a bit petty. As far as Shaka is concern, I think Shaka was born in England because his dad was studying there. Isn't that the case. At what age he came to Trini. That I don't know. There is no record of him playing for any youth club in England before he came to Trini. It appears that he learned and played the game in Trini until he went to Howard Univ.  Compared  to.Samuel who was born in Trini. There is no record of him playing primary, secondary schools or youth football in Trini. It appears he learned the game thru the English club system.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 11:42:15 PM »
1) Birchall
2) Hislop
3) Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2015, 01:00:27 AM »
1) Birchall
2) Hislop
3) Boucaud

Shaka eh foreign. He is homegrown!

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
1) Birchall
2) Hislop
3) Boucaud

Shaka eh foreign. He is homegrown!

according to wiki he born in london

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
It is not farfetched that Trinis with French and French sounding names may have had a parent or parents from either Greneda, Vincy, Loosha, Dominica. Many of the "white" Trinis are descendants of Martinique, Guadeloupe and Haiti. Remember this started first with the Spanish authorities in Trini issuing the Cedula de Populacion.

This Foreign/local things is a bit petty. As far as Shaka is concern, I think Shaka was born in England because his dad was studying there. Isn't that the case. At what age he came to Trini. That I don't know. There is no record of him playing for any youth club in England before he came to Trini. It appears that he learned and played the game in Trini until he went to Howard Univ.  Compared  to.Samuel who was born in Trini. There is no record of him playing primary, secondary schools or youth football in Trini. It appears he learned the game thru the English club system.
Semantics.

The definition of "learned the game" could vary from person to person.

For example: It can be reasonably debated that Yorke learned the game in England.

Is John Barnes English or Jamaican?  He played school football in Jamaica and was born there....but played for England

Is Kerron Clement the 400 M hurdler a Yank or Trini?

It can go on and on
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 04:17:35 PM »
Semantics is true. But to tell me that Dwight learned the game in England is farfetched. Dwight was one goal away from playing in the WC at 17 yrs old. Did he improve tremendously after going to England. No doubt about that. But the initial solid foundation in skills and mental toughness was developed in TT. you may not want to acknowledge that fact. But that is true.

I will also put Stephen Ames in the same category as Dwight. He was an accomplished golfer before player for Canada. He developed his skill in Point a Pierre and the golf course in Maraval, St. Andrews?? I think.

As far as Clement concern, he is very much on the Yank side. I don't know what age he went  to the states and what sport he played in TT before he left. But it seemed that he honed his athletic skills in the US. I can't remember hearing anything about Clement in TT before then.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:27:30 PM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 10:34:52 AM »
Foreign born 11

Shaka Hislop
Aubrey David
Ian Cox
Gavin Hoyte
Justin Hoyte
Jose Seabra
Ronnie Mauge
Andre Boucaud
Chris Birchall
Cameron Roget