April 18, 2024, 03:23:30 AM

Author Topic: Caribbean Players Abroad.  (Read 60067 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Players Abroad.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2005, 05:30:11 AM »
England(hasnt played for england though)
Nathan Ellington (Trinidad & Tobago)
Leon Knight (Jamaica/St.Lucia)
Marcus Bent (Jamaica)

Canada
Adrian Serioux (Trinidad & Tobago)
Winston Marshall (Jamaica)
Shyle Braithwaite (Barbados)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2005, 05:31:57 AM »
Jamaica could have had a BIG squad boy...... but then again them Yardies migrate to foreign long before any other countries... Jamaicans and Chinese live all over de place..... and long time too,,,,, any where on earth you go you will find one.... they like cock roach....

Well yuh might as well add.... T&T players could/might/ or use to play for England, like Bobby Zamora, Nathan Ellington, Craig Rocastle, John Barnes (JA & T&T) and Jlloyd Samuel....

What about Jeff Cunningham, aint he Jamaican too... remember Randy Samuel, a Trini that played for Canada in de WC....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:48:06 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2005, 05:34:29 AM »
Jamaica could have had a BIG squad boy...... but then again them Yardies migrate to foreign long before any other countries... Jamaicans and Chinese live all over de place..... and long time too,,,,, any where on earth you go you will find one.... they like cock roach....

Well yuh might as well add.... T&T players could/might/ or use to play for England, like Bobby Zamora, Nathan Ellington, Craig Rocastle, John Barnes (JA & T&T) and Jlloyd Samuel....

What about Jeff Cunningham, aint he Jamaican too... remember Randy Samuel, a Trini that played for Canada in de WC....
Forget those pricks Zamora & Samuel think they are going to get in the England squad and stay in dere  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:48:37 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2005, 05:47:08 AM »
Adrian Serioux, is he cap by Canada allready..... give me a brief on him....

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2005, 06:02:52 AM »
Surinam

Mario Melchiot
Winston Bogarde
Edgar Davids
Jimmy Hasselbaink
Patrick Kluivert
Michael Reiziger
Frank Rijkaard
Clarence Seedorf
Pierre van Hooijdonk
Aaron Winter
Wilfred Bouma
Ryan Babel
Nigel DeJong
Romeo Castelen
DwightTiendalli
Darl Douglas
Marvin Emnes(only 17 but big tings to come plays for sparta)

Kenneth Vermeer(heavy goalkeeper)
theres alot more but im lazy  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 06:05:51 AM by Futbol »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005, 06:04:43 AM »
Adrian Serioux, is he cap by Canada allready..... give me a brief on him....
Hes a central midfielder
He parents are from TNT his dad from Arima(I think) currently he plays for millwall and probably has the longest throw on in the world at the moment(no joke the guy throws ball into the penalty box for the halfway line)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2005, 06:33:10 AM »
As were talking about caribbean players born in other countries and roots here and there. does  TNT have any players whos parents come from other places in WI or the world e.g Most likely Guyana, Grenada, Venulzela

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2005, 07:05:54 AM »
But did he (Adrian Serioux) play or playing for Canada senior team allready... ?

I dont think we have players in the Caribbean...

Well SH come on thief Jason Devonish and now he might play for Canada too... :rotfl:  .. he was on they under 17 team once.....

Suriname have real players sah......

Ent they had 2 Guyanese that played for Canada once....

Seems other countries know how to use the law to their benefit except T&T.....

From what I here while I was growing up that Pele was actually born in Arima, Trinidad but migrated to Brazil at the age of one... he half brother is Warren Archibald....  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 07:10:25 AM by Sam »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2005, 08:24:59 AM »
Yuh know what if trinidad and tobago qualify you will see ah whole lot of new  player comming out of the wood work .

hey futbol what about ledley king jermaine jennas , glen johnson ,cutris davis that 20 year old  rugged defender from west brom

i guess when you hang  out in the carribbean community you can get all this info

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2005, 08:39:42 AM »
Yuh know what if trinidad and tobago qualify you will see ah whole lot of new  player comming out of the wood work .

hey futbol what about ledley king jermaine jennas , glen johnson ,cutris davis that 20 year old  rugged defender from west brom

i guess when you hang  out in the carribbean community you can get all this info

Jenas is  half english and Jamaican i dont know about jenas,johnson & davis. i will know soon though. Well of course i would hang in the caribbean community ;D especially as my parents are caribbean which makes me Brit-Caribbean  ;)(and no i not one of those people who claim dey caribbean only when its notting hill carnival.lol) The reason i know why this information because from time to i do research which is needed for a particular company, but i do like to know my self because i find it interesting
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 08:43:16 AM by Futbol »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2005, 09:13:40 AM »
yeah well we should hire you as a scout for trinidad and tobago  to check out those academys to look for a  left back
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 09:17:50 AM »
yeah well we should hire you as a scout for trinidad and tobago  to check out those academys to look for a  left back
LOL

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 09:24:39 AM »
no i serious partners

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 10:03:27 AM »
You would not believe this one I found online.

A Guyanese was the first black footballer to ever play for Britain, he was one of the best and "sired a familly" there too. :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.black-history-month.co.uk/articles/andrew_watson.html

First Black footballer, Andrew Watson, inspired British soccer in 1870s

A worn photograph, some yellowing newspaper files, a cryptic comment and a brief mention in a dusty census tome have been unearthed in Scotland in what has been described as the most important discovery in the history of Black footballers in Britain, the Chronicle has learned.

Andrew Watson of Queens ParkFC, Glasgow, circa 1879, courtesy of the Scottish Museum

"We believe the findings, dated between the 1870s and 1880s, could prove that the first black British footballer was Andrew Watson who played for Queens Park (Glasgow) and Scotland, said Ged O'Brien, director of the Scottish Football Museum and leading member of the Association of Sports Historians.

Born May 1857 in British Guiana [now Guyana], Andrew Watson lived and sired a family in Scotland and came to be known as one of the best players in the whole of Britain.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2005, 10:03:47 AM »
no i serious partners
oh. ok I'll have a look around & ask people i know that play for clubs(i know a couple players in youth teams and 1 or 2 pros. I just think theres one guy at swansea( i think,still) but i dont know what his background is i try and find out.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »
You would not believe this one I found online.

A Guyanese was the first black footballer to ever play for Britain, he was one of the best and "sired a familly" there too. :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.black-history-month.co.uk/articles/andrew_watson.html

First Black footballer, Andrew Watson, inspired British soccer in 1870s

A worn photograph, some yellowing newspaper files, a cryptic comment and a brief mention in a dusty census tome have been unearthed in Scotland in what has been described as the most important discovery in the history of Black footballers in Britain, the Chronicle has learned.

Andrew Watson of Queens ParkFC, Glasgow, circa 1879, courtesy of the Scottish Museum

"We believe the findings, dated between the 1870s and 1880s, could prove that the first black British footballer was Andrew Watson who played for Queens Park (Glasgow) and Scotland, said Ged O'Brien, director of the Scottish Football Museum and leading member of the Association of Sports Historians.

Born May 1857 in British Guiana [now Guyana], Andrew Watson lived and sired a family in Scotland and came to be known as one of the best players in the whole of Britain.

Andrew Watson was first known to be pioneer of black football in britain but he wasnt if that site means fully black well quess he is.
Most people know that Arthur Wharton was the first black footballer in Britain the dating of Andrew watson is wrong, which was found out by Phil Vasili a Historian on black footballers in england

Anyways heres a little bit on Arthur Wharton

Arthur Wharton - The First Black Footballer
During the 1894-5 season Arthur, the fastest man in Britain between 1886-8, played three games for United's first team - in goal. It wasn't some quirk of Blades management to restrict one of the fastest men on Earth to a small area at one or the other end of the pitch. Arthur had played in goal for Darlington, Preston North End and Rotherham before being enticed to Sheffield by Tom Bott, a United director and unofficial team manager. Bott had been Arthur's manager during his professional running days. What may have made Arthur's mind up was the additional offer of taking over the Sportsman Cottage pub in Button Lane. He liked a drink.

Unfortunately for Arthur United had also signed a very promising 19 year old - and 13 stone but bulging fast goalkeeper, William "Fatty" Foulke. For the first time in his sporting life Arthur could not dislodge his competitor for the first team spot. He played only three games, against Leicester Fosse, Linfield of Belfast and Sunderland. In this last game at Roker Park, Arthur made his debut in the first division. The 'Cutlers' as the Blades were then known, lost 2-0. Arthur, the goalkeeper with the 'prodigious punch' was at fault for one. His prodigious punching letting him down when he went to fist the ball away and missed it completely.

During the 1890's to be a goalkeeper you had to be mad, bad or dangerous to know. Goalies could handle the ball anywhere in their half of the pitch and could be charged down with or without the ball. Trying to grab the ball in a crowded goal mouth, the goalie needed the protective and attacking skills of a Thai kick-boxer. Arthur didn't just fist the ball away with his 'prodigious punch', he had to get his retaliation in first.

There are few of Arthur's personal effects still around. His bible and a few photographs with his writing on are what's left. I'd love to have known if 'Fatty' ever went to the Sportman's Cottage for a few scoops after - maybe even before - a game. Both were larger than life characters, similar men in many ways. Both were outsiders; Arthur because of the reaction to his colour; and 'Fatty' because he was, well, fat! Both played in a very violent position and seemed to enjoy- prosper - on the flow of adrenaline that surged after a punch-up with a few forwards in the goal mouth. Arthur was a womaniser. Did he and 'Fatty' ever go out on the 'pull'? We'll never know if they even spoke to each other, but the idea of the two being muckers throws up some great scenarios.

Arthur was past his best when he joined United. He'd had a great career in sport, but the high points were in the 1880's. He was AAA 100 yards champion in 1886, setting a world record of 10 seconds. He retained the title in 1887. He then turned professional and won the unofficial championship by winning the September Handicap at Queens Ground, Sheffield in 1888. Arthur's greatest football moment was playing in the semi-final of the FA Cup in 1887 for Preston NE, against West Bromich Albion. Although hotly tipped to win the FA Cup, Preston lost 3-1. Arthur also played professional cricket until at least his forties.

Arthur was 'lionised' in the communities in which he lived. He became a northern working-class hero, despite coming from a wealthy Ghanaian background. Like any other black person he suffered racism, but he was not a passive victim. He fought back - this is documented - an was a proud man without being arrogant.

For 67 years he lay burried in an unmarked grave in Edlington Cemetary. Football Unites - Racism Divides have raised the money to fund the writing of Wharton's biography. Enough money was raised to place a gravestone on Arthur's plot - he is now visible once more.   A timeline of Arthur's life
Born
Year 1865

Born in Accra, Gold Coast (Ghana), West Africa. Father Methodist Minister and Missionary from Grenada (West Indies). Mother related to Fante Royal family (Gold Coast). Both parents have part Scottish ancestry.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2005, 10:29:13 AM »
yeah there is a guy name kevin austin at swansea.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 07:17:24 PM »
Futbol,,,, do some scout for we and send me a list....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 08:32:46 PM »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2005, 05:52:25 AM »
Futbol,,,, do some scout for we and send me a list....
I would love to but I need some kinda permission email or letter or something thats what I need when I was doing reasearch of this company otherwise when I ring up the club I sound like a crazy fan looking for TNT! Is there anyway I could get permission or something of that kind from the TNT FA?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2005, 05:53:18 AM »
Sam or Triniman do you guys work for the TNT FA?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2005, 05:57:21 AM »
yeah there is a guy name kevin austin at swansea.
It says on the Swansea site Kevin Austin Is a Trini. Hes played for TNT already in 2000

Name: Kevin Austin.
Club: Swansea City  (England Jun-2004 to present).
DOB: 12-Feb-1973.
Born: England.
Position: Defender.
Previous Club: Cambridge United (England), Barnsley (England), Leyton Orient (England), Lincoln City (England), Saffron Walden (England), Bristol Rovers (England).
International Debut: November, 15th, 2000, vs Panama a World Cup Qualifier.
NOTE: Kevin scored a goal for T&T aganist Millwall in a friendly match.
Kevin was born in England with Trinidadian parentage and indicated his willingness to represent T&T in 1999.  Kevin is now a free agent after Barnsley drop the player becauce of injury, Kevin was injured for a year while playing for Barnsley and as the player was coming back to full fitness he needed games to regain his fitness level, so he decided to join the Warriors and their he picked up a re-current achilles tendon injury while on Internationl duty in the Cayman Island around Feb, 24th, 2001, good luck Kevin, we hope you get well soon.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 06:00:07 AM by Futbol »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2005, 08:54:37 AM »
Surinam

Mario Melchiot
Winston Bogarde
Edgar Davids
Jimmy Hasselbaink
Patrick Kluivert
Michael Reiziger
Frank Rijkaard
Clarence Seedorf
Pierre van Hooijdonk
Aaron Winter
Wilfred Bouma
Ryan Babel
Nigel DeJong
Romeo Castelen
DwightTiendalli
Darl Douglas
Marvin Emnes(only 17 but big tings to come plays for sparta)

Kenneth Vermeer(heavy goalkeeper)
theres alot more but im lazy  ;)

all those men born in concacaf?with all the knock concacaf takes, many greats born from there(henry included)
Hart for president

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2005, 09:08:28 AM »

all those men born in concacaf?with all the knock concacaf takes, many greats born from there(henry included)
Henry is a French-Caribbean
is was born in paris to a mother from Guadeloupe and a Father from Martinique

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2006, 09:18:44 AM »
alot of barbados players at crystal palace. r they squad players or do some of them actually make the starting team?
I found out Boyce, hall(hes half scottish as well) and Andrews were eligble for Barbados year and half ago just for you, jaden link if your still not convicnced
http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co.uk/0250crystalpalace/news/tm_objectid=15896628&method=full&siteid=53340&headline=it-will-be-all-change-for-palace--warns-boyce-name_page.html

http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/events/dvdreviews/display.var.628040.0.0.php

Add Tom Soares to the list.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2006, 09:31:51 AM »

wow i dint know that there were sooooooooooo many caribbean ppl abroad.

thanks for the info.

good posting

bless

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2006, 10:25:50 AM »
alot of barbados players at crystal palace. r they squad players or do some of them actually make the starting team?
I found out Boyce, hall(hes half scottish as well) and Andrews were eligble for Barbados year and half ago just for you, jaden link if your still not convicnced
http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co.uk/0250crystalpalace/news/tm_objectid=15896628&method=full&siteid=53340&headline=it-will-be-all-change-for-palace--warns-boyce-name_page.html

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

rastafari. Tom Soares IS ON the orginal list. Sam got that list from MY post on Big Soccer

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

rastafari. Tom Soares IS ON the orginal list. Sam got that list from MY post on Big Soccer

:rotfl: mark bussing
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
wow, ja have plenty players that play for de US and england, didnt wright and dem fellahs was yardman background, ja could actually have a good team, if dem fellahs didnt play for england

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2006, 03:01:34 PM »
wow, ja have plenty players that play for de US and england, didnt wright and dem fellahs was yardman background, ja could actually have a good team, if dem fellahs didnt play for england

yeah IAN  wright not BOTH his step sons i think

1]; } ?>