March 28, 2024, 06:07:44 PM

Author Topic: Caribbean Players Abroad.  (Read 59674 times)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Players Abroad.
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
You could add James Vaughan Trinidad & Tobago And i see you have Clinton Morrison under Jamaica but he have Trinidad & Tobago heritage also, oh and Darren Bent Got jamaican heritage too see you got his brother Marcus dey...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2009, 06:17:29 PM »
You could add James Vaughan Trinidad & Tobago And i see you have Clinton Morrison under Jamaica but he have Trinidad & Tobago heritage also, oh and Darren Bent Got jamaican heritage too see you got his brother Marcus dey...

Marcus and Darren are not brothers..........

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »

Marcus and Darren are not brothers..........
Oh scene i always taught dey were :-\ for sum reason i dunno why maybe because they were teammates at ipswich and charlton always taught dey were... But anyway Darren Bent have jamaican heritage.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:21:28 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2009, 06:21:47 PM »

Justin was mentioned on this page already (post #67) he is half St. Lucian but I just realised that post was
from 2008 anyway.

Troy Archibald-Henville - D - Exeter City/England (on loan from Tottenham) Vincentian and apprantly Trinidadian

Dexter Blackstock - F - Nottingham Forest/England - Antiguan and Jamaican.
Lloyd Doyley - D - Watford/England - Jamaican.
Anthony Edgar - M - West Ham/England  Dominincan - Jermain Defoe's Cousin
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - M - Blackpool/England (on loan from Arsenal) Dominica and St.Lucia
Jason Jarrett - M - Port Vale/England
Cameron Jerome - F - Birmingham City/England - Grenada and Carriacou
(Island that is a part of Grenada) Jerome name comes from Carriacou. Jerome are a very large
family on carriacou.

Lloyd Sam - M - Charlton/England - Senegalese
Marvin Williams - M - Torquay United/England - Jamaica

Ineligible:
Ledley King - D - Tottenham/England (played for England) Antiguan
Aaron Lennon - M - Tottenham/England (played for England) Half Irish I don't know the other half.

Jason Roberts is also half French Guyanese and some Lucian

Titus Bramble is also half Guyanese.
Kieran Agard is also of Vincentian and Dominican Heritage

Anthony Straker of Aldershot is half Grenadian.

Danny Haynes of Bristol City is Jamaican.

His teammate Nicky Maynard is Half Bajan.

Canadian International Jamie Peters is of Grenadian Parentage.
Lloyd Dyer is half Jamaican also.

Micah Hyde is Half Trinidadian.

Nathan Abbey and his brother Zema are also half Kittian.

Anton Blackwood of Tottenham is Half Jamaican and Half Antiguan.

Rimmel Daniel of Gillingham is Grenadian.

Ashley Carew of Bromely, ex Barnet is Half Jamaican.

Colin Kazim-Richards - Antiguan heritage.

I could mention some Ryman League players but thats too far down and madness. Theres a few more maybe another time because too tired to type. just stare lol

Thanks Carib-Briton  :beermug: 

Rimmel Daniel was released by Gillingham.  Do you know if Dominica international Ryan Edgar is Anthony Edgar's brother?  I assume so because they are both cousins of Jermain Defoe but they could be cousins I guess.  Another one of Jermain Defoe's cousins, Clydie Roberts, has represented Guyana.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:26:13 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2009, 06:33:14 PM »

Justin was mentioned on this page already (post #67) he is half St. Lucian but I just realised that post was
from 2008 anyway.

Troy Archibald-Henville - D - Exeter City/England (on loan from Tottenham) Vincentian and apprantly Trinidadian

Dexter Blackstock - F - Nottingham Forest/England - Antiguan and Jamaican.
Lloyd Doyley - D - Watford/England - Jamaican.
Anthony Edgar - M - West Ham/England  Dominincan - Jermain Defoe's Cousin
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - M - Blackpool/England (on loan from Arsenal) Dominica and St.Lucia
Jason Jarrett - M - Port Vale/England
Cameron Jerome - F - Birmingham City/England - Grenada and Carriacou
(Island that is a part of Grenada) Jerome name comes from Carriacou. Jerome are a very large
family on carriacou.

Lloyd Sam - M - Charlton/England - Senegalese
Marvin Williams - M - Torquay United/England - Jamaica

Ineligible:
Ledley King - D - Tottenham/England (played for England) Antiguan
Aaron Lennon - M - Tottenham/England (played for England) Half Irish I don't know the other half.

Jason Roberts is also half French Guyanese and some Lucian

Titus Bramble is also half Guyanese.
Kieran Agard is also of Vincentian and Dominican Heritage

Anthony Straker of Aldershot is half Grenadian.

Danny Haynes of Bristol City is Jamaican.

His teammate Nicky Maynard is Half Bajan.

Canadian International Jamie Peters is of Grenadian Parentage.
Lloyd Dyer is half Jamaican also.

Micah Hyde is Half Trinidadian.

Nathan Abbey and his brother Zema are also half Kittian.

Anton Blackwood of Tottenham is Half Jamaican and Half Antiguan.

Rimmel Daniel of Gillingham is Grenadian.

Ashley Carew of Bromely, ex Barnet is Half Jamaican.

Colin Kazim-Richards - Antiguan heritage.

I could mention some Ryman League players but thats too far down and madness. Theres a few more maybe another time because too tired to type. just stare lol

Thanks Carib-Briton  :beermug: 

Rimmel Daniel was released by Gillingham.  Do you know if Dominica international Ryan Edgar is Anthony Edgar's brother?  I assume so because they are both cousins of Jermain Defoe but they could be cousins I guess.  Another one of Jermain Defoe's cousins, Clydie Roberts, has represented Guyana.

Maybe they are but I'm unsure myself I'll ask someone who knows.

I forgot I wanted to put Eillot Charles of Barnet
earlier. he is half Grenadian (Grenada+Carriacou) at least

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
anyone know the background of john bostock (tottenham)(i heard trini)  and joss labadie ( west brom) and rohan ince chelsea?

wow where all them trinidadians eh ? like the hiding ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
anyone know the background of john bostock (tottenham)(i heard trini)  and joss labadie ( west brom) and rohan ince chelsea?

Who told you so. ?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2009, 10:33:04 PM »

Labadie looks like a good player, he's on loan at Shrewsbury and has 5 goals from midfield.

I've added Leon McKenzie of Charlton, his father is from Jamaica.  I have Jennison Myrie-Williams under Jamaica because I read on TheReggaeBoyz but I believe there was a disagreement over whether or not he was Jamaican, do you know Carib-Briton?  Also, someone once told me Junior Stanislas of West Ham is Jamaican but I think they were confusing him with Zavon Hines.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:55:36 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »
Oh yes and these players  omar beckles and Kiernan Hughes-Mason of milwall ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:27:35 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »
Oh yes and these players  omar beckles and Kiernan Hughes-Mason of milwall
They are Trini or you are guessing they are?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »
Oh yes and these players  omar beckles and Kiernan Hughes-Mason of milwall
They are Trini or you are guessing they are?

no i am asking !!!! i know you got the info

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2009, 01:08:12 PM »

No, I have no info, like I said in the big post I only have to go off stuff from this site and Wikipedia.  Maybe Carib-Briton knows, he definitely knows a lot more than I do.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »

No, I have no info, like I said in the big post I only have to go off stuff from this site and Wikipedia.  Maybe Carib-Briton knows, he definitely knows a lot more than I do.
Hello Worm,

I don't where Jr's or Myrie-Williams parents are from.

Mr. Beckles is probably of Bajan descent, I'm ASSUMING.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2009, 01:51:08 AM »
Hello Worm,

I don't where Jr's or Myrie-Williams parents are from.

Mr. Beckles is probably of Bajan descent, I'm ASSUMING.

OK, thanks Carib-Briton, a few more I'm wondering about,
Jonathan Fortune and Clayton Fortune's cousin, rapper Kano, had grandparents from Jamaica.  Are they eligible for Jamaica as well?  Or maybe related through a non Jamaican relative.
Also, was doing some maintenance on my site today and was reminded of Barbados international Dwayne McLean.  Do you know if Peterborough striker Aaron McLean is part Bajan?  It could be a coincidence, but I know that lots of Irish and Scots-Irish were forced out of Ireland and many went to Barbados (as well as Montserrat and other places in the Caribbean) so it could be.

Thanks again for your invaluable help Carib-Briton.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:56:47 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2009, 11:34:23 PM »
what about baptiste at Blackpool?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »

Vaughan,scored for Everton this weekend.Seems to have had injury problems over the last 2 years

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2010, 09:03:46 PM »
Also, someone once told me Junior Stanislas of West Ham is Jamaican but I think they were confusing him with Zavon Hines.
I just read today on Wiki (citing FourFourTwo magazine) that Stanislas is half Lucian though he doesn't seem to want to play for them internationally.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:07:03 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2010, 11:07:18 AM »
Also, someone once told me Junior Stanislas of West Ham is Jamaican but I think they were confusing him with Zavon Hines.
I just read today on Wiki (citing FourFourTwo magazine) that Stanislas is half Lucian though he doesn't seem to want to play for them internationally.

what about Baptiste from blackpool

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »

what about Baptiste from blackpool
No idea  ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
Exeter City sign Tottenham man Troy Archibald-Henville
BBC SPORT

Exeter City have signed Tottenham Hotspur defender Troy Archibald-Henville on a permanent deal for their first transfer fee in seven years.

The 21-year-old has joined for an undisclosed fee after two successful loan spells over the past year.

He made 19 appearances for the Grecians last season as they clinched promotion to League One.

The youngster then rejoined City this season and made another 17 appearances before returning to Spurs last month.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
Does Jernade Meade of the Arsenal academy have some Caribbean background (maybe Montserrat)?  I am just guessing by the last name.

I've also heard Nathan Delfouneso has some heritage from the Caribbean (but I think I heard that right when he came onto the scene a few years ago so maybe it was just crap).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:51:05 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
Does Jernade Meade of the Arsenal academy have some Caribbean background (maybe Montserrat)?  I am just guessing by the last name.

I've also heard Nathan Delfouneso has some heritage from the Caribbean (but I think I heard that right when he came onto the scene a few years ago so maybe it was just crap).

Yea i think i heard that Delfouneso has Jamaican heritage...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »

Yea i think i heard that Delfouneso has Jamaican heritage...
He's from Birmingham which has many Jamaicans (and people from the Caribbean in general) I think so you could well be right.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2010, 05:53:26 AM »

Leicester City striker James Vaughan set to fill gap for suspended Steve Howard

Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 09:30

James Vaughan will be given the task of spearheading Leicester City's play-off push after the club decided not to contest Steve Howard's red card against Watford.

Striker Howard was in a rich vein of form having scored three goals in his previous four games.

But he is suspended for the next three games, including the first leg of the play-off semi-final if City finish in the top six, after being shown a straight red card in first-half stoppage time on Saturday.

Manager Nigel Pearson initially said he would review Howard's incident before deciding whether to appeal against the red card, but City ruled out a challenge yesterday.

Appeals are rarely upheld except in cases of mistaken identity, and it was viewed that the fact that Howard's tackle on Ross Jenkins could be viewed as rash would not help his cause.

"We are disappointed with the red card," said assistant manager Craig Shakespeare. "Sometimes it can be seen as a red or a yellow, and we will miss Steve because he has been doing so well.

"But we won't appeal. Appeals are very rarely overturned so it will be a case of take your punishment and move on."

With Matty Fryatt still not quite ready to make a comeback and Howard suspended, on-loan Everton striker Vaughan is likely to be handed his first start for City in the vital clash with Preston on Saturday.

A victory at Deepdale would clinch City's place in the play-offs, regardless of results elsewhere.

Shakespeare said Vaughan, who has only been used as a substitute so far but scored his first goal for the club in the 4-1 win over Watford, was hitting form at the right time.

"I was really pleased for James," said Shakespeare.

"He has had a nightmare with injury and has had more operations at such a tender age than most players have in a whole career.

"It has been stop-start for him at Leicester but you could see the relief on his face when he scored the goal.

"His overall game was one of energy and he never gave the defenders a minute's peace.

"He looked a threat and the timing couldn't be any better with Steve out to have someone like James with Premier League quality coming in."

City have an injury concern over influential midfielder Richie Wellens.

The 30-year-old was replaced in the second half after complaining of a tight hamstring and will be assessed this week, but Shakespeare is confident Wellens will be fit to face Preston.

"He is the kind of player that never misses a training session and never misses a game," said Shakespeare.

"He is always available and I fully expect him to be available for Preston.

"We said he had a tight hamstring at half-time but we felt we could get him to 60 minutes without any damage and then took him off as a precaution.

"You can see what he brings to us and his understanding of the game is terrific. His experience is invaluable."

the blue army

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »
Whey he come out?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
Bobby Zamora

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »
Does anyone know if Merrick James-Lewis of Southend United has Trini roots?  I am just guessing because of the last names as I know Julius James and Leonson (and this new youngster Theo) Lewis are obviously Trinbagonian.

1]; } ?>