April 28, 2024, 04:01:00 AM

Author Topic: Maturana names 20-man squad for Digicel Championships.  (Read 13375 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana names 20-man squad for Digicel Championships.
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »

3 - Maturana by contrast may come across as somewhat of a country bookie.  Not necessarily worldly in the terms of English speaking interaction, but in a sense, I believe it works to our advantage that we have Maturana as coach when 4 of the 5 teams we will face in the Hex are Spanish speaking countries.  He knows them all well.  He knows their language, he knows their coaches and their tactics.  Don Leo again is different because he was fluent in several languages....spanish among them.

eh?!

what does knowing the spanish language have to do with knowing their coaches and their tactics?

The man was coaching in South America. You and I probably know more about the likes of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras prior to the man coming here. Or are you suggesting that all latin countries on this continent play the same brand?

yuh loss meh with dat one.

Maturana coached mainly in South America but he knows the teams and coaches in Central America very well.  He's more familiar with those teams than say Jamaica or Canada for example.  His natural spanish speaking is a positive point for us because he knows the culture and more importantly the footballing culture which can prove to be an asset in preparation.

Palos ah read that wha yuh type there and yuh sound like ah insurance salesman trying to sell ah bargain.

Again... How do you know that Maturana knows the teams and coaches in Central America very well?  Also, what does the fact that he speaks Spanish have to do with an appreciation for the culture in Central America?  Why do you assume that the culture/footballing culture in Central America is synonymous with South America?

I know because I have spoke with people who know him very well, know his background, and some coach in the international arena themselves.  I respect their views and opinions on the game and have no reason to doubt them.

If you want further information about Coach Maturana, I suggest you check out Wikipedia.  It's an excellent resource.  Failing that, you can perhaps talk with the coach himself or continue to make your own judgements based on the knowledge you have at your disposal.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »

3 - Maturana by contrast may come across as somewhat of a country bookie.  Not necessarily worldly in the terms of English speaking interaction, but in a sense, I believe it works to our advantage that we have Maturana as coach when 4 of the 5 teams we will face in the Hex are Spanish speaking countries.  He knows them all well.  He knows their language, he knows their coaches and their tactics.  Don Leo again is different because he was fluent in several languages....spanish among them.

eh?!

what does knowing the spanish language have to do with knowing their coaches and their tactics?

The man was coaching in South America. You and I probably know more about the likes of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras prior to the man coming here. Or are you suggesting that all latin countries on this continent play the same brand?

Maturana coached mainly in South America but he knows the teams and coaches in Central America very well.  He's more familiar with those teams than say Jamaica or Canada for example.  His natural spanish speaking is a positive point for us because he knows the culture and more importantly the footballing culture which can prove to be an asset in preparation.

Palos ah read that wha yuh type there and yuh sound like ah insurance salesman trying to sell ah bargain.

Again... How do you know that Maturana knows the teams and coaches in Central America very well?  Also, what does the fact that he speaks Spanish have to do with an appreciation for the culture in Central America?  Why do you assume that the culture/footballing culture in Central America is synonymous with South America?

I know because I have spoke with people who know him very well, know his background, and some coach in the international arena themselves.  I respect their views and opinions on the game and have no reason to doubt them.

If you want further information about Coach Maturana, I suggest you check out Wikipedia.  It's an excellent resource.  Failing that, you can perhaps talk with the coach himself or continue to make your own judgements based on the knowledge you have at your disposal.

thanks..

that was all ah was asking for, some justification behind making ah statement like that..

now yuh cooking with gas.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »

eh?!

thanks..

that was all ah was asking for, some justification behind making ah statement like that..

now yuh cooking with gas.

Way to go Omar....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »
Why do you think it's better to go with 4-5-1 instead of 4-4-2?

Because first and foremost we're in the results business.

Our defence is the weakest aspect of our game

We're not that powerful an offense where we can outscore our opponents consistently enough to overcome and make up for defensive mistakes

Therefore, in order to minimize our defensive frailties, we shore up the midfield to assist our defence trusting in the fact that we have enough firepower and experience to score and not lose the game.

How come nobody didn't question Leo when he was playing the same 5 man midfield and one striker ? ...I'll tell you why because he achieved results ...I doh know why peeps trying to outcoach Maturana from day 1 so ...like he eh getting results ?
Some folks go still criticise Maturana if we make it to South africa again but not one ah dem ever put a better  alternative.

No one questioned Leo because :-

1) The timing in which he came.

2) He showed almost immediately that he knew what he was about. Almost immediately you could have seen a better organized team on the field.

3) Like I said in my prior post, he got the team discipline enough to work the 3 players in the center of the park effectively.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

We're not that powerful an offense where we can outscore our opponents consistently enough to overcome and make up for defensive mistakes

Therefore, in order to minimize our defensive frailties, we shore up the midfield to assist our defence trusting in the fact that we have enough firepower and experience to score and not lose the game.

How come nobody didn't question Leo when he was playing the same 5 man midfield and one striker ? ...I'll tell you why because he achieved results ...I doh know why peeps trying to outcoach Maturana from day 1 so ...like he eh getting results ?
Some folks go still criticise Maturana if we make it to South africa again but not one ah dem ever put a better  alternative.

2) He showed almost immediately that he knew what he was about. Almost immediately you could have seen a better organized team on the field.

3) Like I said in my prior post, he got the team discipline enough to work the 3 players in the center of the park effectively.

but we look a deadlier team than with beenhakker, we playing a short passing brand of football that is working well, so until we see our results in the hex, everyone should take it and cool it

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »
we playing a short passing brand of football that is working well
The people that go to the games say otherwise. Unless you mean short passes to the opponent.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »
We really more deadly somebody go dead watchin dat cobeau brand
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »

but we look a deadlier team than with beenhakker, we playing a short passing brand of football that is working well, so until we see our results in the hex, everyone should take it and cool it

More deadly? Against who? Guyana, Cuba?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I want to know how we look deadlier than under Beenhakker?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »

I want to know how we look deadlier than under Beenhakker?

You studying TI?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »
Spalk interview with Maturana
i only get piece of the interview but is still something, video a little out of sync with audio

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xp6s_EKUiMk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xp6s_EKUiMk</a>
Did you do that with WMR11 :D

What I want to know is how much de interpreter gehing paid?  Somebody please tell me who’s really running this team because Pacho looks like he ent know no English from that video. How them man and them go understand he when ting heated during game halftime, who doing all the heated screaming… not de interpreter.  I really starting to think is Anton running de show yes.

I never played for a non English speaking coach before, but I do think that it would be frustrating for both parties... trying to understand each other needing a mediator at all times.  How can he build a good relationship with the players if he speaks another language...baffles me.    
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:35:42 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
i only get piece of the interview but is still something, video a little out of sync with audio

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xp6s_EKUiMk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xp6s_EKUiMk</a>

What I want to know is how much de interpreter gehing paid?  Somebody please tell me who’s really running this team because Pacho looks like he ent know no English from that video. How them man and them go understand he when ting heated during game halftime, who doing all the heated screaming… not de interpreter.  I really starting to thing is Anton running de show on this team.

I never played for a non English speaking coach, I think that would be frustrating for both parties trying to understand each other needing a mediator at all times.  How can he build a good relationship with the players if he speaks another language. 

He ah JEDI

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »

What I want to know is how much de interpreter gehing paid?  Somebody please tell me who’s really running this team because Pacho looks like he ent know no English from that video. How them man and them go understand he when ting heated during game halftime, who doing all the heated screaming… not de interpreter.  I really starting to thing is Anton running de show on this team.

I never played for a non English speaking coach, I think that would be frustrating for both parties trying to understand each other needing a mediator at all times.  How can he build a good relationship with the players if he speaks another language. 

whatever that interpreter getting paid is pocket change for him bro..

i sure he doing this as a favor or a hobby.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »
cacahole bizness
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2008, 10:00:26 PM »
WINNING RECORD
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>