April 25, 2024, 08:55:54 PM

Author Topic: Trinis in action (Sept 18, 2005)  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinis in action (Sept 18, 2005)
« on: September 18, 2005, 06:59:29 AM »
PlayerTeamOpponentResultGoalsNotes
Fitzpatrick, LeslieReal Salt LakeFC Dallas1-2
Bench, did not play
Jeffrey, KevinRichmond KickersVancouver Whitecaps0-0 (5-4 on pen.)
90'
John, SternDerby CountySouthampton2-2
76'
Jones, KenwyneSouthamptonDerby County2-2
81'
Rahim, BrentIF SylviaVisby IF Gute0-1
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:08:37 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in action (Sept 18, 2005)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:13 AM »
gosh tallman yuh know fitzpatrick eh getting no run
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:33:21 AM »
Chrissy Birchall played for us, played all 90 minutes on the left wing, did well, espeacially in the first half.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 08:26:28 AM »
Chrissy Birchall played for us, played all 90 minutes on the left wing, did well, espeacially in the first half.

Left wing?
How does he manage out there and can he cross with his left foot too?
Thanks.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:16:07 AM »
like birchall does play all over for them he strike he play right, middle, an now left

damn but how is he lookin out there cuz if he hav a left den whitely cud get his playmaker role wit latapy an den is brass in dey asss
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 11:39:30 AM »
Stern get sub after 75 mins for Derby. They were losing 0-1 at the time...man walk off and Derby score about 30 seconds later from ah corner then take the lead 5 mins later. Game finish 2-2.

He was playing upfront on his own for much of the game and had little luck. I can't believe English managers think Stern is ah Targetman?!  :o

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 11:57:44 AM »
STERN BOY STERN LOL. KEEP YUH HEAD UP BOY :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Derby 2-2 Southampton
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 12:20:04 PM »
Derby 2-2 Southampton

Ricardo Fuller rescued a point for 10-man Southampton after Harry Redknapp and his team looked to have fallen apart at Pride Park.

The striker Redknapp signed from Portsmouth in the summer thwarted a tremendous fightback by Derby, which saw Tomasz Hajto sent off and Redknapp banished from the touchline.

Brett Ormerod had earlier given Saints the lead with his first league goal of the season, but a twice-taken Inigo Idiakez penalty and Andrew Davies' first professional goal looked to have turned the game on its head.

Rams boss Phil Brown gave debuts to Stern John and Peter Whittingham, both of whom signed on loan this week, while Khalilou Fadiga - also on loan - was handed a first start after his substitute appearance in Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Coventry.

Club skipper Jeff Kenna dropped to the bench, with Michael Johnson taking over the captain's armband, while Marcus Tudgay missed out completely.

In stark contrast, Redknapp named an unchanged XI from that which drew 2-2 at Ipswich although Kenwyne Jones returned on the bench after shaking off an ankle problem.

Brown claimed he had a plan to nullify the visitors but a rethink was almost on the cards in the opening exchanges when only Camp's brilliant reflexes prevented Southampton taking the lead.

A delightful one-two released Kamil Kosowski and his whipped cross found Oakley who must have thought he had scored when he connected, but the Rams goalkeeper reacted superbly to keep the ball out with his feet.

That shocked the hosts into action and John won a free-kick on the edge of the area, which Idiakez fired goalward with Antti Niemi heading the wrong way, but Darren Powell was on hand to head clear.

As the half wore on, it looked as though it would take something special to score, although there was almost a freak goal when Fadiga forced Niemi into a fingertip save with a dipping free-kick from out wide - although the offside flag would have spared the keeper's blushes regardless.

And the Senegal international tried his luck in a similar position from open play moments later, only for Claus Lundekvam to clear the danger.

Evidently sensing a need for greater leadership, Brown introduced Kenna at half-time, the defender resuming captaincy duties.

But there was clearly something amiss in the Rams rearguard as Dennis Wise curled in a free-kick which eluded everybody and was only kept out by the post.

Again Brown responded, replacing Fadiga and giving a debut to on-loan Tottenham striker Mounir El Hamdaoui.

The move backfired, as Wise again proved his dead-ball proficiency to set up the opener for Southampton.

The veteran midfielder's free-kick found Fuller, who had space to feed a clever backheel to Ormerod, the striker taking his time to steer the ball past Camp.

Derby had their keeper to thank for preventing Saints grabbing a second, Camp saving well at his near post from Fuller's volley, Wise again providing the ammunition from a corner.

Brown played his last card by introducing Paul Peschisolido and this time his substitution paid off, Derby almost immediately winning a penalty.

Danny Higginbotham - on the other side the last time these sides met more than three years ago - was adjudged to have handled.

There was more drama to come, however, as Idiakez saw his spot-kick brilliantly saved by Niemi - only for referee Nigel Miller to order a retake, much to Southampton's fury.

This time there was no mistake as the midfielder hammered the ball straight down the middle.

That was the final straw for Redknapp who vented his fury and was promptly sent to the stand.

Like their manager, Saints suddenly lost it and Derby won a free-kick on the left-edge of the box, and Idiakez picked out Davies who headed home.

There was worse to follow for Redknapp's men as Hajto saw red for a second bookable offence, and there looked only one winner.

But a Niemi clearance saw Camp advance out of his area to head clear and Fuller showed brilliant composure to lob the ball straight back from fully 35 yards and into the empty net. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 12:32:52 PM »
Wow!  Fuller actually score?  Nice to see.  Redknapp mus be relieved that the striker he payin big money to put the ball in the net actually managed to do so for once.  Hope for Southampton's sake they don't have to wait every 10 games or so like Portsmouth for him to do what he paid to do.

Congrats Ricardo!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 02:25:19 PM »
Wow!  Fuller actually score?  Nice to see.  Redknapp mus be relieved that the striker he payin big money to put the ball in the net actually managed to do so for once.  Hope for Southampton's sake they don't have to wait every 10 games or so like Portsmouth for him to do what he paid to do.

Congrats Ricardo!

He has been a huge disappointment since leaving Preston. He has been fortunate also to have managed to start so many games for Southampton this season, even though he hasnt been scoring regularly.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 04:53:56 PM »
Palos he pay 90,000 pound for fuller
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 04:56:29 PM »
Harry Redknapp is backing Ricardo Fuller to ease his side's striking problems.
Saints have struggled in front of goal in their last two games, wasting a string of chances to beat both QPR and Ipswich.

So far this season Southampton have scored 10 league goals but only three have come from the frontmen, two from Kenwyne Jones and one from Fuller - his first for 11 months.
Redknapp tried to sign an experienced, proven goalscorer during the transfer window but failed to find anyone within the price range.

However he did manage to snap up Fuller from Pompey for just £90,000 and he is convinced that will prove a shrewd bit of business.
Speaking ahead of tomorrow's game at Derby, he said: "I thought Ricardo was terrific the other night. He just needs a few goals; Brett is the same.

"Fuller is a good signing for £90,000. that is fantastic value. If you can find a better £90,000 signing then you are a better man than me."Having drawn a blank in the transfer market, Redknapp has virtually ruled out the prospect of getting a striker on loan either.

He added: ""Who will loan you a striker who will get you 25 goals?
"No Premiership club is going to let a player like that out and no-one in this division is going to help a rival.

"I have been offered a couple of terrific players on loan but not in the positions I want. And if I can't get better than I have got, then I won't bother.
"I was frustrated on Tuesday night because I felt it was a waste of two points having played so well.

"To murder a team like we did and still not win, was very disappointing.
"But we are unbeaten in seven now and I am happy with the way we are playing. We are passing and moving well but just need to stick the ball in the back of the net.

"I think Kamil Kosowski is a terrific loan signing but Derby have made some good loan signings this week.
"They have taken Peter Whittingham who was a regular for Aston Villa and I am surprised they have let him out.

"Stern John from Coventry is a good acquisition and they have also taken Khalilou Fadiga from Bolton.
"I watched him play three years ago and though he was one of the best players I had seen but then he collapsed and had a few heart problems. He is a quality player though.

"Derby have got the resources to get in good loan players like that and their three new faces will give them a boost."
Meanwhile Saints have allowed Alan Blayney to join Brighton on a month's loan until October 15.

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 10:55:55 AM »
Birchy did well there, has played there before, put a lot of good crossers in, never stopped running.

1]; } ?>