March 28, 2024, 03:01:47 PM

Author Topic: ‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.  (Read 12701 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:39:54 AM »
By: Walter Alibey (Newsday).

The “Soca Warriors” will play their final round World Cup qualifying matches at the Queen’s Park Oval.

This according to Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation advisor Jack Austin Warner.

The FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF boss said he was fed-up with the on-going feud with Government, hence his decision to take the matches to the Oval.

And Warner said he is 90 percent certain that a deal will be struck between the TTFF and with the Oval authorities.

Newsday understands that final paper work is being drafted for the deal to be completed.

The Trinidad and Tobago “Soca Warriors” will open their bid for a place in World Cup 2010 in South Africa against El Salvador on February 11.

According to Warner, the move is to avoid any distraction the team may have during the final round of matches.

Following on the heels of a heated dispute, Government recently made a bold request to increase the seating capacity in the VIP section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Warner in a quick response slammed Government and said they were behaving as though they owned the facility.

Should Warner and the Football Federation be allowed use of the Oval venue, they would have available a first class state of the art facility, equipped with a seating capacity of 20,000 at their disposal.

Oval officials also promised to make the different Hospitality Suites paying areas for the matches. Meanwhile, Warner indicated that attempts are being made to have midfield supremo Russell Latapy home from his Scottish club Falkirk for the entire final round of qualifiers.

Latapy, dubbed ‘”The Little Magician” by local fans will be used as a player and assistant coach as he is being used in Scotland.

Warner, who among his many caps, is also Special Advisor to the Football Federation, revealed further that negotiations are on the way to have the 40- year old midfielder back home for a year.

“We need him to be around the team a lot more and therefore the TTFF have decided to seek his services for the entire period.

He will be the assistant coach of the team and will also be part of coach Francisco Maturana’s plans as a player as well,” Warner said.

It was also announced that the Under-20 footballers, champions of the just- concluded Bmobile -sponsored Super League, will participate in next year’s T&T Pro League.

Talks are also on the way between the TTFF and the T&T Pro League in an attempt to make this idea a reality.

Warner said the team has been doing quite well and will therefore be groomed to represent the twin-island republic at the 2014 Youth World Cup.

The TT Under-20s will contest the Under-20 World Cup Qualifiers to be held here and in sister-island Tobago in March next year.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 06:24:04 AM »
By: Walter Alibey (Newsday).

The “Soca Warriors” will play their final round World Cup qualifying matches at the Queen’s Park Oval.

This according to Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation advisor Jack Austin Warner.

The FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF boss said he was fed-up with the on-going feud with Government, hence his decision to take the matches to the Oval.

And Warner said he is 90 percent certain that a deal will be struck between the TTFF and with the Oval authorities.

Newsday understands that final paper work is being drafted for the deal to be completed.

The Trinidad and Tobago “Soca Warriors” will open their bid for a place in World Cup 2010 in South Africa against El Salvador on February 11.

According to Warner, the move is to avoid any distraction the team may have during the final round of matches.

Following on the heels of a heated dispute, Government recently made a bold request to increase the seating capacity in the VIP section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Warner in a quick response slammed Government and said they were behaving as though they owned the facility.

Should Warner and the Football Federation be allowed use of the Oval venue, they would have available a first class state of the art facility, equipped with a seating capacity of 20,000 at their disposal.

Oval officials also promised to make the different Hospitality Suites paying areas for the matches. Meanwhile, Warner indicated that attempts are being made to have midfield supremo Russell Latapy home from his Scottish club Falkirk for the entire final round of qualifiers.

Latapy, dubbed ‘”The Little Magician” by local fans will be used as a player and assistant coach as he is being used in Scotland.

Warner, who among his many caps, is also Special Advisor to the Football Federation, revealed further that negotiations are on the way to have the 40- year old midfielder back home for a year.

“We need him to be around the team a lot more and therefore the TTFF have decided to seek his services for the entire period.

He will be the assistant coach of the team and will also be part of coach Francisco Maturana’s plans as a player as well,” Warner said.

It was also announced that the Under-20 footballers, champions of the just- concluded Bmobile -sponsored Super League, will participate in next year’s T&T Pro League.

Talks are also on the way between the TTFF and the T&T Pro League in an attempt to make this idea a reality.

Warner said the team has been doing quite well and will therefore be groomed to represent the twin-island republic at the 2014 Youth World Cup.

The TT Under-20s will contest the Under-20 World Cup Qualifiers to be held here and in sister-island Tobago in March next year.
       :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:31:30 AM »
If ah have to pay to go in the Oval......ha lord this one goh real test mih faith as a supporter....worse yet if ah have to pay more than ah paid in the qualifiers!!....

Jack and Hunt could both kiss my A on this one yes....steups!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:35:31 AM »
So iz ok 2 negotiate wit d Oval peeps but he must get d HCS 4 free. Jack yuh could go back MLS 4 all I care
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
If ah have to pay to go in the Oval......ha lord this one goh real test mih faith as a supporter....

how come?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 06:41:43 AM »
U ever encounter dem post dat is 1 reason
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 06:46:43 AM »
If ah have to pay to go in the Oval......ha lord this one goh real test mih faith as a supporter....

how come?

The Oval is not conducive for football....the vibes not there.  It would test mih faith because ah love mih team but ah find this kakaholeness going too long now and ah might have to stay away to show mih disgust.  It goh be me alone, but dais alright....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:48:47 AM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 06:55:51 AM »
This the kind of news i have to wake up and read... stueps

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 06:58:19 AM »
Excellent work Mr Warner. The Under 20 in the Pro League..... and Latapy back home as assistant/player.

But if the under 20 have qualifers in March 2009 how will that affect the team participant in the league.

Gary Hunt is really a dam fool.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 07:09:48 AM »
Excellent work Mr Warner. The Under 20 in the Pro League..... and Latapy back home as assistant/player.

But if the under 20 have qualifers in March 2009 how will that affect the team participant in the league.

Football at it's best !!! :challenge:

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 07:11:26 AM »
Oval is for cricket ,HCS is for football changing the venue will spoil d football vibes
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 07:13:24 AM »
new side to back in the pro league ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 07:15:29 AM »
And coops clapping like ah meck meck beh beh man!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »

Coops I agree with the above but in reality the decision to play the WC home games in the Oval is utter nonsense.  Ask any of the players if they want to play in the Oval?  Nobody wants to.  Therefore, Jack is ah jackass and will continue to be a jackass in my opinion.  The oval is not a football pitch and will not help us any.  He needs to get over his ego and negotiate the fair use of the National Stadium.  I can't stand this and it is ridiculous!!!!

For the life of me one man have wayyyyy too much power.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:39 AM »
He jus baiting the minister . What I find interesting ,is they want Latas for a year,hmmmmwonder how Falkirk will ,feel about this .They need to give latas a a multi year contract I think ,just incase.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »

Coops I agree with the above but in reality the decision to play the WC home games in the Oval is utter nonsense.  Ask any of the players if they want to play in the Oval?  Nobody wants to.  Therefore, Jack is ah jackass and will continue to be a jackass in my opinion.  The oval is not a football pitch and will not help us any.  He needs to get over his ego and negotiate the fair use of the National Stadium.  I can't stand this and it is ridiculous!!!!

Before 1982 all the international games were played in the Oval, Skinner Park, George V, Arima velodrome and even in the savannha.
In fact in '88 we play Honduras in the Oval, we play Costa Rica in the Oval in the 90's both were qualifiers.
From a spectator point of view the stadium is probably better but the oval allows you to adjust the size of the ground which in some cases could be a plus.
Tell me the players YOU talk to that say they rather play in the stadium ?
The oval dressing room facilities is the best in the Caribbean right now so tell me what these players that tell YOU they rather play in the stadium reasons are?

Some of the best ever intercol games play in the Oval
The best footballer in the world play in the Oval
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »

Before 1982 all the international games were played in the Oval, Skinner Park, George V, Arima velodrome and even in the savannha.
In fact in '88 we play Honduras in the Oval, we play Costa Rica in the Oval in the 90's both were qualifiers.
From a spectator point of view the stadium is probably better but the oval allows you to adjust the size of the ground which in some cases could be a plus.
The oval dressing room facilities is the best in the Caribbean right now so tell me what these players that tell YOU they rather play in the stadium reasons are?

You talking ta-ta.  While it is true that the Oval was used in the past, that does not translate into, it is good for football today.

Long ago men used to wipe their ass with razor grass and walk away quite contented!

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
The one plus about the Oval is the "intimidation factor", I say this because the crowd will be closer to the action than in the Stadium which is seperated by the Mundo athletic track. Now playing surface is another question, then again it sounds like even HCS have a worse surface.

However, knowing the cunning fox that he is, I am certain that Jack is only baiting the Gov't for their reaction since folks like us on this forum and in T&T will complain (like we are doing now) and pressure c**t..ah mean Hunt and company to give en on their demands so that he can get HCS for the usual sweet deal.

Jack the Jackal, is a cunning old fox, but if you study he pattern he easy to read....(smile)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »
Half of alyuh who talking bout the oval not good ent see it since since cricket world cup.

The grass good, the turf immaculate and it have lights.

Yes they have posts blocking the view of some stands but if yuh go KFC stand or upstairs dos santos it ent have no post.

The ting is a world class facility and is better than the HCS with they leaking ceiling and ice water from the bar leaking on people.

Is the oval we beat canada for the second time..is the oval we drop 6 or 7 on Panama, is the same oval we win a shell cup when pele was here and we rest 7 on martinique. We draw with Mexico in the oval and woulda beat them if angus eve and his chupid black people fraid rain/spitting/elbow put us to 10 men.

Is the oval theobold look he best ever in a TT shirt  ;D vs the USA....ent kiffy  ;D

Plus the cricket pitch is not really a big factor in the scheme of things...yuh go slip, the ball will bounce funny or it go be real hard....We training on dat...dat is why is home advantage.

Let Hunt and Jack play they lil boy games somewhere else and lewwe get the football settled and serious and stop looking for excuse...Time to beat people.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
Leh we c if Hunt blink just leh me know what stand we rollin out d big flag from?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 09:51:55 AM »

You talking ta-ta.  While it is true that the Oval was used in the past, that does not translate into, it is good for football today.

Long ago men used to wipe their ass with razor grass and walk away quite contented!

Why is it some of allyuh could never answer questions with any sort of sense ?
My question is what  makes the stadium better for the qualifiers ?
Instead of being your normal abusive chidish self try and answer the question lil boy.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »
we could benifit from this as we could talk to the oval people for ah section for the flag

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 09:59:37 AM »
Good pt Morvant dcs strt d conversation. U eh go have 2 deal wit some joker dem is professionals

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:05 AM »
is just that i dont like to get block that is all.......and i fine the oval stands have real lil pole to block yuh

thanks for the heads up on the no block stands touches

ah wonder wat kinda price we go have to pay fo all covered tickets?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:45 AM »
Now, apart from being a cricket pitch, how good is de Oval field ? if it will benefit us on the field knowing that the fans will be closer then I dont see anything worng with it ? De only thing wrong with de fans being close to the players is, we dont chant and show enough support at we players and it wouldn't make sense whether we close or not, we dont take advantage of it.

But if de Oval field good for football, lets do it then !!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »
the poles in the Oval will only block you in certain instances if you're sitting on the cycle track, or if you're dumb enough to sit behind a post in one of the covered areas.

How is it that people can go to a full 5 days of cricket and the pole isn't an issue. All of a sudden for 90 mins, it's a big deal .... and if you miss it, you have a big screen to watch the replay.

(and when the ref make a shitty decision against us, PUT IT UP, so we could boo the hell out of them.

Is not like the HC doesn't have pole. What is that big stinkin iron thing that does separate the mondo track from the crowd. Maybe the main fuss is that it have no ramp on the top for people to loiter and block up the blasted walkways.

IMO, the Oval has vantage points for spectators to take in the game that the HC could never offer. Ever take in the view of a football game from the top of the Carib Stands? .... saw Benedicts-Anthonys from there in Intercol Final. BOSS view. Better than the cameraman position. Better than the time I saw TT-J'ca from Concrete Stand and better than Dos Santos where you didn't have to worry about the coaches/ subs blocking your view.

btw, if Government doesn't own the Stadium, who does? (don't tell me Hasley Crawford  ;D)
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »
steups....I prefer the Stadium...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »
.... I prefer Manny Ramjohn Stadium.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 10:42:17 AM »
as long as the pitch is ready we are good, the poles is te only problem but certain areas you have no pole to block you, but otherwise its a decent venue

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
i never saw the updated stadium

anyone have pics?

1]; } ?>