March 28, 2024, 10:22:14 AM

Author Topic: ‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.  (Read 12698 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: ‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:07 AM »
The Oval is cricket ground.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »
as long as the pitch is ready we are good, the poles is te only problem but certain areas you have no pole to block you, but otherwise its a decent venue

The pitch going to good, TTCB doh play regional matchs there again and the next games ( cricket) will be for the English tour,
I ent go lie i am a member of the Oval and the people serious now about making the facilty world class for the traditional sports.
Play a lil tournament game when ah was back home recently and nothing wrong with the surface, the only thing that different to the stadium I guess would be a slight slope (very slight) but the drainage is top class and the surface it self true.
Recently lights installed and it will definitely be to FIFA standards.
Give it a chance.
But I personally think Hunt the C**t will back off and we go play in the stadium.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 10:59:11 AM »
I think putting the under 20 in the PRO league is unfair to the clubs of which these players are attached, a lot of these players are attached to various clubs. you don’t think the clubs would want their players back at some point I like the idea of playing them in the Super league because of the amount of games they play together but this is no way to develop a national youth team don’t be surprises if they fail at the qualifiers they still where not challenged at the international level     
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 11:17:19 AM »
i dont think the oval is a problem. we (the fans) closer to the action. this is how it is at most central american venues. it makes it more intimidating for the visitors.
the players are professionals - it doh matter to them where they are asked to play - they will prepare & they will be prepared.
plus it's all new facilities - it's not like the old oval where it feels so disjointed etc etc.
and hopefully it will keep the ticket prices at bay.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
Being the first to respond to this i must say that i love you all,i rest my case.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
the oval itch have a curve to it too, dat eh no damn football grounds.  Why do you people so easily bow to Jack's assness?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
I think putting the under 20 in the PRO league is unfair to the clubs of which these players are attached, a lot of these players are attached to various clubs. you don’t think the clubs would want their players back at some point I like the idea of playing them in the Super league because of the amount of games they play together but this is no way to develop a national youth team don’t be surprises if they fail at the qualifiers they still where not challenged at the international level    

Bally..let de experiment run it's course before we condemn it.  Dem youths gaining minutes as a team vs big hard back man.  To hell with de clubs.  The National Team is the first priority, no?  Dis is the new focus.  National Team before Club and SSFL.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
De oval pitch closer to the crowd?? Oh Please!!! De oval ground is very big, when they mark out that field you'll see how far we in the stands will be. Plus the last time we played a qualifier against the USA in the Oval on Ash Wednesday, their coach was thankful that the design of the venue took the crowd out of the game!! We lost by the way...

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »

Bally..let de experiment run it's course before we condemn it.  Dem youths gaining minutes as a team vs big hard back man.  To hell with de clubs.  The National Team is the first priority, no?  Dis is the new focus.  National Team before Club and SSFL.
You missing my point I liked the idea of playing in the super league as a matter of fact this idea came from Flex. my point is taking this team to the Pro is totally different remember this is ahh professional league and some of these players have pro contracts with participating clubs. is TTFF going to pay a transfer fee to these clubs are there some kind of loan agreement these are question you have to ask now what if the team start the qualifiers with a couple of losses then what. The way to develop a national team is trough top notch international opponents not some local league only time would tell if it’s a success or not     

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »
how come hunt is the one who getting the bad press. i really curious. and the fearful one helping to propagate that. he always chooses his words carefully when it comes to jack but he finds it very easy to attack the sports minister. i jus trying to understand the scheme of things
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
how come hunt is the one who getting the bad press.

Think back to the stand off for the England game. IMHO, Hunt tried/trying to rein in Jackula but he make some missteps in the process and Jackula wise old cunning vampire that he is outmanoeuvre the novice....and make him look like a fool in the public eyes.
I eh fault him (Hunt) for trying, but ah have to admit that last thing with the VIP seats for the Cuba game still have mih a bit confused... ??? :-\  Is that kinda thing does leave him wide open for criticism....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
so why these games cyah be played in de savannah den....

loud steups...

Jack is just that yes... an @$$

We have a good thing goin'
Wid football in T&T...

Austin is trouble oui...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »
And these clowns wo post here care to bad mouth the Minister and take stinking Jack Warner;s side!

eh eh!

Lights return to Trelawny Stadium after JPS lock-off
BY KAYON RAYNOR Senior staff reporter raynork@jamaicaobserver.com
Wednesday, December 03, 2008

QUICK action from Sports Minister Olivia Grange last evening averted an embarrassing situation for the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) after the Jamaica Public Service (JPS) disconnected electricity from the Trelawny Multi-Purpose Stadium - venue for matches in this week's CFU Digicel Caribbean Championships.

Information reaching the Observer is that the JPS disconnected electricity from the sports venue for non-payment of bills in the total of $3.2 million.

"We can confirm that today (yesterday) the JPS disconnected the light," said Michael Fennell, who chairs Independence Park Limited (IPL), the body which has temporary responsibility for operating the Trelawny Multi-Purpose Stadium.

Four games are scheduled to be played at the Trelawny facility between Friday and Saturday in the eight- team Digicel Caribbean Championship Finals.

"There is an amount that is outstanding... for some time and the (Sports) Ministry has been trying to put in place the funds to settle that amount," Fennell explained.

Grange, who was initially surprised that the JPS had disconnected the electricity supply, told the Observer power would have been reconnected last night after speaking with the authorities at the JPS.

"The light is being turned on as we speak because we have the cheque and have therefore advised them," Grange said moments after leaving Parliament last evening.

She said the disconnection resulted from a "breakdown in communication" between IPL's deputy chairman, Major Desmon Brown, and Shawn Thompson, the ministry's director of corporate services. "We had the cheque here (at the ministry) but Major Brown spoke with the JPS not knowing that the cheque was ready," Grange said.

"As usual if there is a cash flow (problem) things are a little delayed... but we've been catching up on the cash flow and the cheque was prepared; it's just that the system takes a while to get signatures and all of that," Grange explained.
Meanwhile JFF president, Captain Horace Burrell, while relieved that the problem was sorted out, was disappointed that the JPS had cut the power initially.

"I believed that JPS was extremely insensitive in disconnecting the lights at this stage. Disconnecting the lights when Jamaica is hosting the rest of the Caribbean in football, I thought that it could have been handled differently," Burrell told the Observer.

"Having said that I want to thank the sports minister for her quick action in having this situation resolved and... all is well that ends well," he said.

The winner of the Digicel Caribbean Cup will pocket US$120,000 and the Digicel Caribbean Championship Trophy. The top four teams will automatically qualify for next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
Excellent work Mr Warner. The Under 20 in the Pro League..... and Latapy back home as assistant/player.

But if the under 20 have qualifers in March 2009 how will that affect the team participant in the league.

Gary Hunt is really a dam fool.
        Football at it's best !!! :challenge:

Coops I agree with the above but in reality the decision to play the WC home games in the Oval is utter nonsense.  Ask any of the players if they want to play in the Oval?  Nobody wants to.  Therefore, Jack is ah jackass and will continue to be a jackass in my opinion.  The oval is not a football pitch and will not help us any.  He needs to get over his ego and negotiate the fair use of the National Stadium.  I can't stand this and it is ridiculous!!!!

For the life of me one man have wayyyyy too much power.

Before 1982 all the international games were played in the Oval, Skinner Park, George V, Arima velodrome and even in the savannha.
In fact in '88 we play Honduras in the Oval, we play Costa Rica in the Oval in the 90's both were qualifiers.
From a spectator point of view the stadium is probably better but the oval allows you to adjust the size of the ground which in some cases could be a plus.
Tell me the players YOU talk to that say they rather play in the stadium ?
The oval dressing room facilities is the best in the Caribbean right now so tell me what these players that tell YOU they rather play in the stadium reasons are?

Some of the best ever intercol games play in the Oval
The best footballer in the world play in the Oval

You talking ta-ta.  While it is true that the Oval was used in the past, that does not translate into, it is good for football today.

Long ago men used to wipe their ass with razor grass and walk away quite contented!

Why is it some of allyuh could never answer questions with any sort of sense ?
My question is what  makes the stadium better for the qualifiers ?
Instead of being your normal abusive chidish self try and answer the question lil boy.

I understand your point of view, me eh go attack yuh o' nutting.  But clearly the reason we built the national stadium was for football and athletics.  Firstly, the grass is different, the layout is different, one pitch is much faster than the other b/c of the height of the grass...  If you ever play or practice in the stadium and then do the same in the oval you will recognize the difference.  Oval is long time thing....That is not a football pitch. 

Just because games of the past was played there do not mean it should be played there ago.  Why we doh go and play the game in Arima stadium then...That was my home ground and it was the worst and how many international games played there?  Point it we have better facilities now.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »
De oval pitch closer to the crowd?? Oh Please!!! De oval ground is very big, when they mark out that field you'll see how far we in the stands will be. Plus the last time we played a qualifier against the USA in the Oval on Ash Wednesday, their coach was thankful that the design of the venue took the crowd out of the game!! We lost by the way...

Exactly!! This is why this news is a whole set of STEUPS!!!!!!!!!
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
U ever encounter dem post dat is 1 reason

I went to one of the stands on Ash Wednesday and the post had tobe the best player, cause any where I look the post was there. Trini Stand probably the best.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 03:00:40 PM »
i know all about dem post...

sit down behind one in trini posse stand for the India v Sri Lanka game and ah drunk man gimmeh talk literally for de whole evening session after tea.. Telling me how I watching ah action movie name "Blue Steel" and have de whole stand laughing at meh...

Oval is for cricket. Stadium is for football.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »

Exactly!! This is why this news is a whole set of STEUPS!!!!!!!!!
The oval is worst venue for actually viewing football. Furthermore as I recall from the Guadelope game that field is worse than the HCS. It is bad all round. I'm hoping for the best that Jack and dem will sort out this thing. We need to play our games at the HCS.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 03:04:07 PM »

sit down behind one in trini posse stand for the India v Sri Lanka game and ah drunk man gimmeh talk literally for de whole evening session after tea.. Telling me how I watching ah action movie name "Blue Steel" and have de whole stand laughing at meh...

since when one days does have a break for tea?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 03:05:55 PM »

I went to one of the stands on Ash Wednesday and the post had tobe the best player, cause any where I look the post was there.  

:rotfl:
All yuh real idle yes....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »

since when one days does have a break for tea?

allyuh doh miss ah beat eh?!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »
wait nah is blue steel the prequel or sequel to iron man :rotfl: allyuh good yes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »
This whole situation is nothing more than Jack being vindictive.  Once again he does not care who he screws in the process.  The decision on where to play games should be a decision made with the approval of the players and the coaching staff.  Everything should be done to make our players be as comfortable as possible on the difficult journey they have ahead of them.

I remember after the Guadeloupe game Maturana said that he did not like the oval for football.  He wanted the games played at the HCS.  I don't know how the players feel about playing at the oval but if I had to bet I would bet that they prefer playing at the HCS.

Jack Warner worst than ah bitch.  If he doesn't get his way he will throw tantrums.  Once again other people have to suffer because of one of Jack's personal vendettas

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »
First off I eh like de Oval for football. But after closely checking the Stadium pitch and the Oval's, the Oval is ten times better. Ball running real nice on it for the lil tournament they had there the other day.
The oval has done wonders in upgrading their facilities, but i doh like how far away the crowd would be from the actual action.
Back in Trini...

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
the oval is also a concave pitch!  It is NOT flat!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
i have always believed the oval offered our boys the biggest potential homefield advantage. the dimensions, the cricket pitch, the crowd positioning, the way the gentle slopes affect the wide play are all unique for a football stadium and none of the other teams have played much on fields like it. home field advantage is important and i feel we should look to take advantage of it despite it probably being an inferior venues for patrons.

all countries use home field advantage - mexico and honduras with altitude, the US with cold weather venues, costa rica with their artificial fieldturf. why should we not use our most unique venue? maybe i'm making too much out of the oval but if anyone has reasons why hcs gives us homefield advantage i'd like to hear.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
this man for real with this oval shit stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
i have always believed the oval offered our boys the biggest potential homefield advantage. the dimensions, the cricket pitch, the crowd positioning, the way the gentle slopes affect the wide play are all unique for a football stadium and none of the other teams have played much on fields like it. home field advantage is important and i feel we should look to take advantage of it despite it probably being an inferior venues for patrons.

all countries use home field advantage - mexico and honduras with altitude, the US with cold weather venues, costa rica with their artificial fieldturf. why should we not use our most unique venue? maybe i'm making too much out of the oval but if anyone has reasons why hcs gives us homefield advantage i'd like to hear.

Home field advantage could only happen if "we" know the venue.  How many times our players play in the oval?  Therefore, how could it be an advantage?  Mexicans and Hondurans accustomed to the altitude, US players accustomed to playing in the cold, we players not accustomed to playing in the oval, so I eh really see the home field advantage!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »
I played at the oval and at the stadium. I have no problem with games at the oval.I have a problem with JW trying to hold the nation at ransom one more time. Mr Hunt hold your ground and away with this Mugabe-like bully.
Trinbagonians have no testicles and would take anything just not to be discomforted. I will be there at the oval and am looking foward to it.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »

Home field advantage could only happen if "we" know the venue.  How many times our players play in the oval?  Therefore, how could it be an advantage?  Mexicans and Hondurans accustomed to the altitude, US players accustomed to playing in the cold, we players not accustomed to playing in the oval, so I eh really see the home field advantage!!

you are correct. but as touches and others said, we're assuming the team is going to train there and at least have a couple friendlies there. and latas, yorke, dwarika, lawrence have played so many times in the oval in previous campaigns. sure kenwyne and carlos and others may have to get accustomed but i'm assuming we'll prepare for the venue

1]; } ?>