March 29, 2024, 12:18:39 AM

Author Topic: ‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.  (Read 12705 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Warriors’ final round qualifiers at Oval.
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »
D fearless 1 is a fraud he eh like Hunt so he leadin d charge 4 he 2 win d boo boo award. JW must do what he want and nobody must say squat. What did Oconnorg say again?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
D fearless 1 is a fraud he eh like Hunt so he leadin d charge 4 he 2 win d boo boo award. JW must do what he want and nobody must say squat. What did Oconnorg say again?

"If yuh uncle take you in, feed yuh, clothe yuh and send yuh to school, he must turn around and bull yuh too??.."

Ah paraphrasing....classic   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Thank u Brown so all hail Austin Jack Warner
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »
Yuh know, de last time when we play de ASh Wednesday game in de oval, de oval wasn't dah bad....Plus on top ah dat, dey fix over de grounds now.  Trinidad score some ah dey best goal in de oval.  All yuh jes relax and let Jack do he ting nah man.  Next ting yuh know we might get ah sun roof over de oval all kinda ting, and ah KFC, and ah replay screen...... give Bert he shirt and Jack he crack

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008, 07:42:14 PM »
How all yuh could cuss Hunt? All yuh know Jack Modus operandi. What if the the gov't ask for more tickets. Even with the raise in rental fee for HCS, Jack will still make a profit. 

Tell me if anyone of allyuh get the opportunity to play in the Maracana, in Rio, allyuh go refuse?. It is the same as the the Oval. Most people think is one of the greatest grounds in the world. Maracan is a Oval with a mote surrounding it. I saw some pictures of the remodeled Oval and it looks very good. The playing surface looks excellent. Only them posts does block your view.

Like someone said the players and coaches should be consulted on this because they are the one who are going to perform. I played inter-col in Oval. The surface was great. The field is big. It was the max FiFA requirement. But these guys are pros. Adjust or die. To hell with Jack. Stand firm, Mr. Hunt.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »
My problem wit the oval is the disconnect between the fans and we palyers .. the field is further away than usual and the vibes is not the same.

The oval grass is shorter and add the turtle back feature, the ball does move too fast, man does be trotting thinking they could reach and next thing yuh know simple passing does look like a chore.

The last few international games ah watch in the Oval, the temptation is to mark out the field to the maximum 120 / 80 which I believe is bigger than the HCS, this could work to our disadvantage because  the Oval suface is quicker and we dont exactly have the youngest team in the HEX...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:49:56 PM by College »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
Dey drink d Warner koolaide and d fearless 1 is d chief waiter. Dat is y dey cuss Hunt

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2009, 09:47:11 AM »
What's the latest on this. We still playing in the oval or back in the stadium. Ah hope is the HCS. Ah see Jack has been talking with Hunt and Manning hopefully that was discussed.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2009, 11:26:26 AM »
Nah, he talking to them about the the U-17 WC in TT. He don't want us to be the Nigerian situation. If Nigerian don't shape up by April, they could lose the U-20 WC. So he probably telling Manning and Hunt what the requirements are. At the end of the day he don't want to be a FIFA laughing stock,

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2009, 11:42:09 AM »
So Jack want to make sure that the U17 WC play in the stadia but doh care that we doh play our WC qualifiers in the HCS. So he just care how it would look bad on him for the WC but the qualifiers in the Oval wouldn't look bad too ??? that confusing me.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
The Oval is a first class ground. We used to play qualifiers there before. Oval, HCS no difference. The guys just needs to win.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
The Oval is a first class ground. We used to play qualifiers there before. Oval, HCS no difference. The guys just needs to win.

I not complaining about the ground, I talking from a spectator point of view. The oval is not built for football. The viewing angles and whole atmosphere is much better in the stadium in my opinion.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2009, 12:36:08 PM »

its a first class ground for Cricket...

The HCS is our home for football

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
Trin,
      The Oval surface is good for football. international and first class. That being said, it primary use is cricket. I have no issuse with the Oval. I have been in the Oval to see and play before huge crowds. . Once the adrenalin flowing, crowd near/crowd far, don't matter. Plus HCS running track at the north and south too far from the field anyhow. The problem is our current fans are waggonist. They are pampered. They don't even support their local clubs. They "soft".

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
Bes dey have d football in d Brian Lara Stadium ... :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »
So after all d tour of d palace nutten eh change no HCS 4 oui.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:47 PM »
why the oval...what about Dwight York stadium or the other in Trinidad

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »

too small?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 06:51:10 AM »
Trin,
      The Oval surface is good for football. international and first class. That being said, it primary use is cricket. I have no issuse with the Oval. I have been in the Oval to see and play before huge crowds. . Once the adrenalin flowing, crowd near/crowd far, don't matter. Plus HCS running track at the north and south too far from the field anyhow. The problem is our current fans are waggonist. They are pampered. They don't even support their local clubs. They "soft".

I duno I personally doh like watching football in the oval. Ah hear what yuh saying, but I still think its not as suitable as the stadium. That should be the fortress for T&T football. We cah be switching up where we play like this all the time. We do have decent results in the oval but the stadium is still the real home of football.

Plus they have a test match playing in the oval less than a month after this match. With the kinda rain they have falling these days that ground cud be in a mess after the game. Also FIFA eh inspect the oval dey inspect the stadium, but we have Jack, so he cud just go down der drink a beer in the pavilion and inspection dun? Somethings to study.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »

too small?

Sammy the oval that BIG

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »

too small?

Sammy the oval that BIG

HCS is 25 000
Oval is 18 000
The rest all 10 000

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »
De oval capacity used to be 30,000 how it drop to 18,000?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
They drop the capacity because they could make more money. They stadium will always be full. Then they can charge more.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2009, 04:46:54 PM »
Ah wonder if it will still have the CL Financial stand in the Oval.
By the end of this dilemma, they might have to rename it to His Holiness Patrick Manning Sitting Accomodations ... and if we lucky, we might get to pee in some gold plated and diamond encrusted port-o-potties and urinal that left over from the castle. Waggonist and never-see come-see rejoice!!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:49:50 PM by acb »
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>